Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,360 members, 7,812,018 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:26 AM

Nigerian Graduates With First-Class From Canada University - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Graduates With First-Class From Canada University (37941 Views)

Abati Emmanuel Tosanwumi Graduates With 2 Degrees From Canada University / Hafsat Jalila Adamu Graduates With First Class From American University, Nigeria / John Paul Nwaezeigwe Graduates With First Class From A Univesity In Canada. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Graduates With First-Class From Canada University by brainbox1000(m): 12:19pm On May 12, 2016
Congrat
Re: Nigerian Graduates With First-Class From Canada University by Orikinla(m): 12:20pm On May 12, 2016
Great guy.

What matters most is not what doubters and scoffers say about you, but what you choose to believe for the best or the worst.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Graduates With First-Class From Canada University by chidozieikeji2: 12:21pm On May 12, 2016
RichYoungNigga:
What tribe is he from ??
mr tribe keep that divisive question to urself but the best answer is that the guy is a nigerian
Re: Nigerian Graduates With First-Class From Canada University by Nobody: 12:21pm On May 12, 2016
He would have been criticized if he was from this part of the world cos of his hair.. Congrats to him
Re: Nigerian Graduates With First-Class From Canada University by Lucremoy(m): 12:22pm On May 12, 2016
undecided
Re: Nigerian Graduates With First-Class From Canada University by 4nobody4every1: 12:22pm On May 12, 2016
cool
Re: Nigerian Graduates With First-Class From Canada University by wristbangle: 12:26pm On May 12, 2016
RichYoungNigga:
What tribe is he from ??

From IFO LGA, ogun state. cool

Congrats, making Nigeria proud
Re: Nigerian Graduates With First-Class From Canada University by Anoti1(m): 12:27pm On May 12, 2016
Its all about BELIEVING IN YOURSELF. Congrats 2 him. In Wizkids voice: "when dey tel u say u no go fit, make u tel dem say NO LELE".
Re: Nigerian Graduates With First-Class From Canada University by fanex: 12:28pm On May 12, 2016
Note that just because he has a Nigerian name doesn't mean he is a Nigerian. crude and ill-educated Nigerian be quick to claim good things happening to any Nigerian named person across the world.
shocked

dainformant:
A Nigerian man identified as Ifo Ikede couldn't contain his excitement and character after graduating from University of Prince Edward Island in Canada with first class in Computer Science -despite being discouraged by his lecturer. He gave this salute during his graduation ceremony to celebrate his success. Congrats to him.

His friend shared the good news on his Facebook page. He wrote;

This is my friend Ifo Ikede giving the Black Power salute as he graduated from the University of Prince Edward Island on Saturday. A professor once told him: "You don't have the mental capacity to understand computer science."He graduated with First Class Honours in Computer Science.

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.net/2016/05/nigerian-man-igraduates-with-first.html
Re: Nigerian Graduates With First-Class From Canada University by Kanyekels(m): 12:38pm On May 12, 2016
I bet you..... That professor is from Nigeria. Nigerian professors are so good at that.
Re: Nigerian Graduates With First-Class From Canada University by VitaminB12(m): 12:42pm On May 12, 2016
Success is the best revenge
Re: Nigerian Graduates With First-Class From Canada University by Abihorlah219: 12:47pm On May 12, 2016
I don't want to believe he is putting on black cos he's from Africa, others are on red gown. What am I seeing?
Re: Nigerian Graduates With First-Class From Canada University by Davidolives(m): 12:48pm On May 12, 2016
that was how my secondary school chemistry teacher said I can't cope in science, that I should go to commercial or art because I don't know chemistry.
I graduated from the school having A1 in chemistry (waec)
I studied industrial chemistry
studying m.tech analytical chemistry and currently on my way to first class.
never allow anyone talk down your dreams they aren't God

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Graduates With First-Class From Canada University by Nobody: 12:57pm On May 12, 2016
abbey621:
I don't know why first class honors gets celebrated by every Nigerian, it's too easy to get that here in the U.S, in fact some courses you must be a dummy to get less than first class. I believe first class honors or Summa Cum Laude starts at 3.8 or 3.9 out of 4.0, too easy!

Bro, you're correct...US undergraduate education is crappy to me! They literally spoon-feed them...I lost hope in my students when I was in grad school, they would want you to tell them almost everything even when proctoring their exams!...indeed only irredeemable dummies get less than a 3.8 in US schools.
Re: Nigerian Graduates With First-Class From Canada University by gatiano(m): 1:00pm On May 12, 2016
some people and cowardy sha
ChangeIsCostant:
congrats...Nigerian and radical
Re: Nigerian Graduates With First-Class From Canada University by gatiano(m): 1:02pm On May 12, 2016
He is from the tribe of the Falcon People and the Nation of Shaba.

RichYoungNigga:
What tribe is he from ??
Re: Nigerian Graduates With First-Class From Canada University by Kakamorufu(m): 1:03pm On May 12, 2016
Irenyy:
cheesy grin so he is a Nigerian now cheesy not igbo/biafra.

Make I nor talk grin
beta nor talk oo
Re: Nigerian Graduates With First-Class From Canada University by gatiano(m): 1:04pm On May 12, 2016
Every African Mother (The Great) use to think that, but they are wrong. It is controlling your own density that is the best of the best.

VitaminB12:
Success is the best revenge

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Graduates With First-Class From Canada University by geozone: 1:05pm On May 12, 2016
RichYoungNigga:
What tribe is he from ??
But why!
Re: Nigerian Graduates With First-Class From Canada University by ManTiger(m): 1:08pm On May 12, 2016
abbey621:
I don't know why first class honors gets celebrated by every Nigerian, it's too easy to get that here in the U.S, in fact some courses you must be a dummy to get less than first class. I believe first class honors or Summa Cum Laude starts at 3.8 or 3.9 out of 4.0, too easy!
Smh
Re: Nigerian Graduates With First-Class From Canada University by Nobody: 1:09pm On May 12, 2016
This guy is my friend, we go (now "went" since he graduated already) to same school. I was at the ceremony and he indeed worked hard and deserved the first class. He inspires me a lot!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Graduates With First-Class From Canada University by Nobody: 1:13pm On May 12, 2016
abbey621:

You don't know what you're talking about! UPEI overall Grade Point is even 4.3, not 4.0. I go to this school, and trust me it's not easy. If it's too easy to get why isn't everyone getting it? Keeping in mind there are 3 stages of "A" with the lowest being "A-" starting at 80/100. First class is a big deal, and it should be celebrated!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Graduates With First-Class From Canada University by Nobody: 1:15pm On May 12, 2016
mathow55:
this op too dey lie, that guy no be Nigerian

He indeed is a Nigerian!
Re: Nigerian Graduates With First-Class From Canada University by Nobody: 1:16pm On May 12, 2016
olapluto:
The proportion of blacks and especially Nigerians finishing with first class in world unis today is noticeable. The future is bright for black folks.

Preach, brother!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Graduates With First-Class From Canada University by Nobody: 1:20pm On May 12, 2016
fanex:
Note that just because he has a Nigerian name doesn't mean he is a Nigerian. crude and ill-educated Nigerian be quick to claim good things happening to any Nigerian named person across the world.
shocked

Aren't you just plainly stu-pid? This guy is a full-fledged Nigerian and even if he wasn't and just 'has a Nigerian name' he still has the blood running in him - which guess what makes him? Nigerian. Now fvck outta here!
Re: Nigerian Graduates With First-Class From Canada University by Nobody: 1:20pm On May 12, 2016
wristbangle:

From IFO LGA, ogun state. cool
Congrats, making Nigeria proud
See them attache by force. Igbo kwenu. Keep representing your tribe.
Re: Nigerian Graduates With First-Class From Canada University by collinzy: 1:26pm On May 12, 2016
And they will tell us to cut our afro and just carry low cut before we even enter class.
Re: Nigerian Graduates With First-Class From Canada University by abbey621(m): 1:29pm On May 12, 2016
Amefrica:

You don't know what you're talking about! UPEI overall Grade Point is even 4.3, not 4.0. I go to this school, and trust me it's not easy. If it's too easy to get why isn't everyone getting it? Keeping in mind there are 3 stages of "A" with the lowest being "A-" starting at 80/100. First class is a big deal, and it should be celebrated!

My friend when responding to a comment online, read the comment thoroughly before your dissent, noticed I was referring to American universities which utilizes the 4.0 GPA grade scale, now even at 4.3 there's nothing stopping a decent student from achieving first class. Speaking from experience with 2 Bachelors, 2 Masters and a pending PH.D, I know what I'm talking about. I don't consider myself a genius, not even an "efiko" but my worst CGPA was 3.88 out of 4.0. First class is only celebrated by those who can't achieve more, call me when you win academic research completion and grants, ping me when you have a perfect CGPA, now that's what celebrating! Once again I'm not knocking those with first class but from my experience it is becoming cheap like table water here in the States!
Re: Nigerian Graduates With First-Class From Canada University by Nobody: 1:53pm On May 12, 2016
abbey621:

My friend when responding to a comment online, read the comment thoroughly before your dissent, noticed I was referring to American universities which utilizes the 4.0 GPA grade scale, now even at 4.3 there's nothing stopping a decent student from achieving first class. Speaking from experience with 2 Bachelors, 2 Masters and a pending PH.D, I know what I'm talking about. I don't consider myself a genius, not even an "efiko" but my worst CGPA was 3.88 out of 4.0. First class is only celebrated by those who can't achieve more, call me when you win academic research completion and grants, ping me when you have a perfect CGPA, now that's what celebrating! Once again I'm not knocking those with first class but from my experience it is becoming cheap like table water here in the States!

Okay. But what made you bring "the States" in? This guy graduated from a Canadian University, not an American one. I couldn't care less about your academic achievements, so I don't wanna hear about them. How would you feel if someone told you "Masters" is becoming cheap, because every Tom, Dick, and Harry are going for them? Why are Black people too quick to tear each other down instead of supporting? We're our own enemy!

This guy was told he didn't have the mental capacity to study and succeed, by his Prof. That alone is enough to destroy a student's morale and lose hope. But this guy didn't and went ahead, striving hard and graduated - not only did he graduate, he finished with a first class. So next time, I'd advise you acknowledge and recognize a student's effort before disregarding them. It's a lot of people dropping out man, it's not easy. You should know more, considering you have 2 Masters. No hard feelings, but I'm a little disappointed you of all people had that to say about someone.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Graduates With First-Class From Canada University by Arewa12: 1:56pm On May 12, 2016
c life
Re: Nigerian Graduates With First-Class From Canada University by Orobo2Lekpa: 2:06pm On May 12, 2016
abbey621:

where your own?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Graduates With First-Class From Canada University by demobaba1(m): 2:08pm On May 12, 2016
RichYoungNigga:
What tribe is he from ??
mumu. he is a Nigerian. These are some of the tribalistic Nigerians.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Babcock, Covenant Univeristy Accounting Graduates To Write Only 5 Papers In ICAN / 17-year-old Ojo Jonathan Becomes Youngest Chartered Accountant In Nigeria / ASUU Postpones Meeting Over Iyayi's Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.