Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,282 members, 7,811,833 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:38 PM

Nigerian Graduates With First-Class From Canada University - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Graduates With First-Class From Canada University (37933 Views)

Abati Emmanuel Tosanwumi Graduates With 2 Degrees From Canada University / Hafsat Jalila Adamu Graduates With First Class From American University, Nigeria / John Paul Nwaezeigwe Graduates With First Class From A Univesity In Canada. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Graduates With First-Class From Canada University by abbey621(m): 2:09pm On May 12, 2016
Amefrica:

Okay. But what made you bring "the States" in? This guy graduated from a Canadian University, not an American one. I couldn't care less about your academic achievements, so I don't wanna hear about them. How would you feel if someone told you "Masters" is becoming cheap, because every Tom, Dick, and Harry are going for them? Why are Black people too quick to tear each other down instead of supporting? We're our own enemy!

This guy was told he didn't have the mental capacity to study and succeed, by his Prof. That alone is enough to destroy a student's morale and lose hope. But this guy didn't and went ahead, striving hard and graduated - not only did he graduate, he finished with a first class. So next time, I'd advise you acknowledge and recognize a student's effort before disregarding them. It's a lot of people dropping out man, it's not easy. You should know more, considering you have 2 Masters. No hard feelings, but I'm a little disappointed you of all people had that to say about someone.

Once again you have good intentions but your brain must be running on emergency supply today because you keep contradicting yourself. You're mixing apples with oranges so I'll pick your points apart one by one. Firstly, Canadian universities and U.S universities are not that much apart, both educational systems are very laid back. To completely shut you up, I've attached the criteria for first class from UEPI:

Undergraduate Programs

Regulation 19 - Degree Standing

When it has been certified that a student has met all of the requirements for a degree, the degree standing is determined on the basis of academic performance in Third and Fourth Years. The grades obtained in the final 60 semester hours of credit required for the degree are averaged, with degree standing accorded as follows:
80% or higher: first-class standing
• 70-79.9%: second-class standing
• 50-69.9%: pass standing

80% or higher for First class and only courses from third and fourth year counts, this alone makes you look silly for arguing with me!

Secondly, if you read my initial post, you'd noticed I was referring to the way Nigerians are always celebrating first class as if it's the highest honor you can ever achieve at a university, I was not knocking the guy for his achievement but the way Nigerians were celebrating it as if it's a rare feat!

Finally, any prof is entitled to say anything about a student, it's called opinion and observation, the student could have messed up in his first and second years but decided to get serious in his third and fourth year and according to the university's grading policy only third and fourth year courses count towards CGPA. So my friend, while you do not care about my academic pedigree, it was necessary to state them as proof that I've also been through the system and definitely know more than you when it comes to academics! No hard feelings, I'm just blunt as blunt can be wink wink wink
Re: Nigerian Graduates With First-Class From Canada University by gbishman: 2:35pm On May 12, 2016
Love u bro, am sure ur professor had his jaw hanging down. Black power all the way
Re: Nigerian Graduates With First-Class From Canada University by Nobody: 2:36pm On May 12, 2016
abbey621:

Once again you have good intentions but your brain must be running on emergency supply today because you keep contradicting yourself. You're mixing apples with oranges so I'll pick your points apart one by one. Firstly, Canadian universities and U.S universities are not that much apart, both educational systems are very laid back. To completely shut you up, I've attached the criteria for first class from UEPI:

80% or higher for First class and only courses from third and fourth year counts, this alone makes you look silly for arguing with me!

Secondly, if you read my initial post, you'd noticed I was referring to the way Nigerians are always celebrating first class as if it's the highest honor you can ever achieve at a university, I was not knocking the guy for his achievement but the way Nigerians were celebrating it as if it's a rare feat!

Finally, any prof is entitled to say anything about a student, it's called opinion and observation, the student could have messed up in his first and second years but decided to get serious in his third and fourth year and according to the university's grading policy only third and fourth year courses count towards CGPA. So my friend, while you do not care about my academic pedigree, it was necessary to state them as proof that I've also been through the system and definitely know more than you when it comes to academics! No hard feelings, I'm just blunt as blunt can be wink wink wink

The way you're arguing and insulting me really doesn't support your claim of having 2 B.scs and 2 Masters. An educated person should know how to argue better and diplomatically without resorting to insults.

You know nothing about Canadian universities, just stick to your American schooling. Canada has one of the strictest academic policies in North America, hell even in the world. Almost any graduate (I know someone with a third class who gained a masters admission, not pgd - so don't even argue with me) in Nigeria can gain a masters admission in the US. In Canada, 2:1 students from Nigeria struggle to even secure one. So saying American and Canadian universities aren't different is as ridiculous as it sounds.

Anybody can celebrate first class, not just Nigerians. The person who posted about this guy on his Facebook is even a white Canadian - just to show you anyone who wants success celebrates with successful people.

Finally, no prof has the right to make a border line racist remark towards a student. They are there to support, we pay them thousands of dollars to teach us not comment on our mental capacity and discourage us. Like, are you even serious? I shouldn't even be telling you this. You sound like a person who's still even in high school! Though, you might have more certificates than I do, but I bet you don't know more than I.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Graduates With First-Class From Canada University by Viktorlaw(m): 3:19pm On May 12, 2016
RichYoungNigga:
What tribe is he from ??
He is NIgerian period, wetin u wan take him tribe do?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Graduates With First-Class From Canada University by ekefre4(m): 3:22pm On May 12, 2016
All d name checkers don miss now abi?
Re: Nigerian Graduates With First-Class From Canada University by DavidEsq(m): 4:10pm On May 12, 2016
Wow! His choice of hairstyle tells he is a Rasta. Marley and lucky Dube made dis black power salute severally. if this guy had di hairstyle down here, he would b labelled a wayward and cultist; yet with the hair, he bagged a 1st-class.
Re: Nigerian Graduates With First-Class From Canada University by fanex: 4:18pm On May 12, 2016
dont worry you will understand my point when you finally get a chance to step outof this country. i use to get emotional about Nigerian before until i opened my eyes. keep it up.

Amefrica:

Aren't you just plainly stu-pid? This guy is a full pledged Nigerian and even if he wasn't and just 'has a Nigerian name' he still has the blood running in him - which guess what makes him? Nigerian. Now fvck outta here!
Re: Nigerian Graduates With First-Class From Canada University by Nobody: 4:24pm On May 12, 2016
fanex:
dont worry you will understand my point when you finally get a chance to step outof this country. i use to get emotional about Nigerian before until i opened my eyes. keep it up.

Haha what?! I'm not even in Nigeria, jokes on you! grin Honestly, it doesn't matter where you find yourself. You still have to love your people, bruh! I'm in Canada, but home is where the heart is. No matter where I find myself on the face of this Earth, I'll always celebrate my people - regardless the tribe, religion, sexual orientation etc.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Graduates With First-Class From Canada University by fanex: 4:28pm On May 12, 2016
no jokes a great majority of Nigerian are animals. maybe you been out too long. i shall excuse you.

you will confirm my assertion within 5mins after you stepping into Nigeria dont worry. flipping pigs

Amefrica:

Haha what?! I'm not even in Nigeria, jokes on you! grin
Re: Nigerian Graduates With First-Class From Canada University by kayalla(f): 4:31pm On May 12, 2016
na only God
Re: Nigerian Graduates With First-Class From Canada University by Mcjai: 4:32pm On May 12, 2016
abbey621:

My friend when responding to a comment online, read the comment thoroughly before your dissent, noticed I was referring to American universities which utilizes the 4.0 GPA grade scale, now even at 4.3 there's nothing stopping a decent student from achieving first class. Speaking from experience with 2 Bachelors, 2 Masters and a pending PH.D, I know what I'm talking about. I don't consider myself a genius, not even an "efiko" but my worst CGPA was 3.88 out of 4.0. First class is only celebrated by those who can't achieve more, call me when you win academic research completion and grants, ping me when you have a perfect CGPA, now that's what celebrating! Once again I'm not knocking those with first class but from my experience it is becoming cheap like table water here in the States!

You said you have masters and a pending phd but you don't reason and sound like one. The fact that it was easy for you cos you were book smart doesn't mean its easy for everybody else. The fact that you don't celebrate yourself and played off your achievement as regular guys stuff doesn't mean somebody else should do the same. Learn to celebrate with people instead of tearing them down. You don't know the struggle he went through to get that first class....
Re: Nigerian Graduates With First-Class From Canada University by Sheggy13(m): 4:32pm On May 12, 2016
Davidolives:
that was how my secondary school chemistry teacher said I can't cope in science, that I should go to commercial or art because I don't know chemistry.
I graduated from the school having A1 in chemistry (waec)
I studied industrial chemistry
studying m.tech analytical chemistry and currently on my way to first class.
never allow anyone talk down your dreams they aren't God
Since when did they start awarding First Class degree for Masters Mr.Davido..Have you ever heard of Distinction, Merit and the likes?
Re: Nigerian Graduates With First-Class From Canada University by Nobody: 4:50pm On May 12, 2016
oloriooko:
What matter is what you say about yourself not what others say
Big congrats bro wish you well in future, we proud of your tenacity and self belief
word bruh!
Re: Nigerian Graduates With First-Class From Canada University by abbey621(m): 5:10pm On May 12, 2016
Mcjai:

You said you have masters and a pending phd but you don't reason and sound like one. The fact that it was easy for you cos you were book smart doesn't mean its easy for everybody else. The fact that you don't celebrate yourself and played off your achievement as regular guys stuff doesn't mean somebody else should do the same. Learn to celebrate with people instead of tearing them down. You don't know the struggle he went through to get that first class....

In your world you are excited by mediocrity so I get where you are coming from. All I needed to read was your first statement which disqualifies anything tangible you had to say! Go through my subsequent posts and see the reason why I said it was easy to achieve, if scoring 80% on third and fourth year courses is the standard for exceptional then exceptional intelligence has reached a new low!
Re: Nigerian Graduates With First-Class From Canada University by rugged7(m): 5:21pm On May 12, 2016
Name checkers association.....

Who be thaaat? undecided

Another Biafran again? grin

Those boys dey on point sha...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Graduates With First-Class From Canada University by Nobody: 6:57pm On May 12, 2016
fanex:
no jokes a great majority of Nigerian are animals. maybe you been out too long. i shall excuse you.

you will confirm my assertion within 5mins after you stepping into Nigeria dont worry. flipping pigs

Are you a Nigerian? I'm having a very good reason to doubt. Because majority of Nigerians aren't even close to being named animals. Truly, there are bad Nigerians - but there are bad people everywhere. You understand what I'm trynna say?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Graduates With First-Class From Canada University by TRUTHSURE: 7:27pm On May 12, 2016
Congrats to him.there they go again, when the going is good, its a nigerian afare but if otherwise, they will give it bad names! He's a true Biafra, representing the Biafra nation.
Re: Nigerian Graduates With First-Class From Canada University by lionphil(m): 7:27pm On May 12, 2016
abbey621:
I don't know why first class honors gets celebrated by every Nigerian, it's too easy to get that here in the U.S, in fact some courses you must be a dummy to get less than first class. I believe first class honors or Summa Cum Laude starts at 3.8 or 3.9 out of 4.0, too easy!

Ok! Bros, did you graduate with a first class?
Re: Nigerian Graduates With First-Class From Canada University by abbey621(m): 7:28pm On May 12, 2016
lionphil:

Ok! Bros, did you graduate with a first class?

Keep reading my posts, I'm sure you would find the answer!
Re: Nigerian Graduates With First-Class From Canada University by lionphil(m): 7:36pm On May 12, 2016
abbey621:

Keep reading my posts, I'm sure you would find the answer!

I don't have time to read your posts...not as jobless as you are. A simple yes or no could have done it. Feel free to read my posts since you have the time.

Re: Nigerian Graduates With First-Class From Canada University by abbey621(m): 7:40pm On May 12, 2016
lionphil:

I don't have time to read your posts...not as jobless as you are. A simple yes or no could have done it. Feel free to read my posts since you have the time.

Another kid on Nairaland, I've given you directions if you can't follow it then f*ck off!
Re: Nigerian Graduates With First-Class From Canada University by lionphil(m): 10:41pm On May 12, 2016
abbey621:

Another kid on Nairaland, I've given you directions if you can't follow it then f*ck off!

LOL! Mumu, directions on how to read all your posts...you're more stu.pid than I thought. Kiss my black asss!

Re: Nigerian Graduates With First-Class From Canada University by lionphil(m): 10:59pm On May 12, 2016
abbey621:

LOL! Mumuni aminu, directions on how to read all your posts...you're more stu.pid than I thought. Kiss my black asss!

Re: Nigerian Graduates With First-Class From Canada University by abbey621(m): 11:26pm On May 12, 2016
lionphil:

LOL! Mumuni aminu, directions on how to read all your posts...you're more stu.pid than I thought. Kiss my black asss!

You're still a kid so I understand your mental faculty is still not fully functional, I've gone thru some of your post and realize you're hungry and still trying to sort out your life so I forgive you, next time know your mate!

lionphil:
Hello all, just got admitted to study M.ed Administration and Planning...how many semesters is the program and how many courses should I register in my first semester?

lionphil:

angelusbrut:
we get internal opening for where i work,but na sales sha (beverages) in PH, If u get interest and no say u sabi ph wela wela and sabi do sales with results ;u fit send ur cv to me--d pay na 40-50k for a start-kritiqueo@gmail.com.

I'm interested and I've sent my CV to you...thanks!
Re: Nigerian Graduates With First-Class From Canada University by lionphil(m): 12:29am On May 13, 2016
abbey621:

You're still a kid so I understand your mental faculty is still not fully functional, I've gone thru some of your post and realize you're hungry and still trying to sort out your life so I forgive you, next time know your mate!

First of all go and forgive your ass-licking father for bringing up a nonentity like you...he did very wrongly.
Then forgive that who.re you call a mother!

I saw this coming...with your self acclaimed 2 bscs, 2 masters degrees and 5 PHDs in view, you still have time to go through my old posts. Niggas, stop lying your your black ass off and trying to form what you're not. A reasonable fella with such degrees won't have so much time for nairaland. He'd be reading or taking care of important issues.

That said...I can see your lying asss trying to bring some proof. I ain't got time for Ur lying asss, at least I'm real not some Igbo smoking liar trying to form educated...I can see you've gotten a job...please go and dig out more f.ucked up liar!

abbey621:
in need of a new or fairly used laptop, it must be clean and also have the following specs:

IN BUILT WEBCAM
DUAL CORE OR HIGHER PROCESSOR
I GB RAM OR MORE
AT LEAST 100 GB OF HARD DISK SPACE

If anyone has let me know, I'm working with a limited budget here.

Your lies will only give the devil a good name.

With all your Abe igi degrees you are still penniless
Re: Nigerian Graduates With First-Class From Canada University by abbey621(m): 2:36am On May 13, 2016
lionphil:

First of all go and forgive your ass-licking father for bringing up a nonentity like you...he did very wrongly.
Then forgive that who.re you call a mother!

I saw this coming...with your self acclaimed 2 bscs, 2 masters degrees and 5 PHDs in view, you still have time to go through my old posts. Niggas, stop lying your your black ass off and trying to form what you're not. A reasonable fella with such degrees won't have so much time for nairaland. He'd be reading or taking care of important issues.

That said...I can see your lying asss trying to bring some proof. I ain't got time for Ur lying asss, at least I'm real not some Igbo smoking liar trying to form educated...I can see you've gotten a job...please go and dig out more f.ucked up liar!

Your lies will only give the devil a good name.

With all your Abe igi degrees you are still penniless

Hahahahaha....kids say the funniest things, a post from 2010 is your comeback? Really? You must be mad! I'm not only rich enough to feed you for your lifetime,I'll also feed your entire family join. I have time for Nairaland because when you get to a certain stage of academic and professional fulfillment you get to dictate your hours not work like a slave! I've been privileged to know some real academic gurus here on Nairaland, even those with over 20 years of professional and academic achievements so I'm not the only one. I know what's wrong with you, hunger brought on by acute poverty, if it's a job you need, I'm hiring o, I need a gateman and a gardener for my house in Ajah and a full time driver for my father,I promise to pay way more than the average wage!
Re: Nigerian Graduates With First-Class From Canada University by ifomation: 3:45am On May 13, 2016
Deleted duplicate
Re: Nigerian Graduates With First-Class From Canada University by ifomation: 3:46am On May 13, 2016
My people ..

Dis nah Ifo Ikede .. ah be proud Isoko Man, from Niger_Delta, Nah for Ibadan dem born me (UCH if you want to be precise) , and nah for UI i grow up and do my primary (Staff school Ibadan) .. and secondary education (I.S.I) ..

Ah wan thank all of una for the support and sharing in the joy of my graduation.

It has been really heartwarming to read most of your comments. Thank you agian for sharing in my joy.

Now since ah just finish, and ah dey look for job, if any of una know company wey dey look for computer programmer or developer. Make you let me ya broder for Canada know.

or drop me email .. ifo at ikede.ca

Finally .. ah beg make those wey dey fight in this comment, end this unneccessary fight. There are those who want to see our destruction, let us not help them by fighting each other. We can have meanigfull and mutualy respectfull dialoge. They say iron sharpens iron. Lets learn from each other. Nobody is perfet, so we can learn and unlearn from each other. Let us make tomorrow better for all of us.

Remeber a house united can never be defeated.

From your Naija brother for Canada,

Ifo
Re: Nigerian Graduates With First-Class From Canada University by lionphil(m): 7:52am On May 13, 2016
abbey621:

Hahahahaha....kids say the funniest things, a post from 2010 is your comeback? Really? You must be mad! I'm not only rich enough to feed you for your lifetime,I'll also feed your entire family join. I have time for Nairaland because when you get to a certain stage of academic and professional fulfillment you get to dictate your hours not work like a slave! I've been privileged to know some real academic gurus here on Nairaland, even those with over 20 years of professional and academic achievements so I'm not the only one. I know what's wrong with you, hunger brought on by acute poverty, if it's a job you need, I'm hiring o, I need a gateman and a gardener for my house in Ajah and a full time driver for my father,I promise to pay way more than the average wage!

Hahaha! Which father? The one that's in jail for raping his 8 year old maid? Is that a father? I'm not surprised sha...a rapist for a father, who.re of a mother and a f.ucktard of a son. Complete family tree.
Re: Nigerian Graduates With First-Class From Canada University by cr80vity(m): 9:19am On May 13, 2016
naijas are great but deh only reveal it wen dey are outside Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

5 Foods Undergraduates Eat When They Are Broke / Jamb & Post Utme List Of Cut Off Marks For Various Nigerian Universities And Pol / Babcock, Covenant Univeristy Accounting Graduates To Write Only 5 Papers In ICAN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.