Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,108 members, 7,811,121 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:37 AM

The Notable Difference Between Jonathan And Buhari's Subsidy Removal - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Notable Difference Between Jonathan And Buhari's Subsidy Removal (58100 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan And His Wife In High Spirits As They Arrive Rivers State. PICS / Goodluck Jonathan And Buhari In Secret Meeting In Aso Rock / The Notable Difference Between Jonathan & Buhari’s Subsidy Removal (A Must Read) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Notable Difference Between Jonathan And Buhari's Subsidy Removal by hausameat: 1:30pm On May 13, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

1.I did not insult or curse you...and yet you choose to do so.

2.You have been reported to the mods. Next time...don't ever curse or insult me again...and respond with facts.
You said that you prefer enduring this hardship and as follow up and to support your request, I prayed that ypu and your family should enjoy it while it lasts. Why would you regard it as curse? Some apc members think it is easy out here. The hardship is too severe for one to talk rubbish because you are Fulani man or an Hausa man. The way things are is enough to fight Buhari. This current hardship has never been experienced before. I have two tenenants, a banker and contruction company workers layed off. I find it difficult to buy alone to pump water. I am a pensioner. Never has any one past through this before. You say we should endure becauae Buhari is incompetence and dunce.
Re: The Notable Difference Between Jonathan And Buhari's Subsidy Removal by imrany20(m): 1:32pm On May 13, 2016
iykopy:
Anoda nonsense zombie posting baseless and disjointed epistle. grin grin
Child of hate. Speak ur opinion.
Re: The Notable Difference Between Jonathan And Buhari's Subsidy Removal by imrany20(m): 1:34pm On May 13, 2016
iykopy:
Anoda nonsense zombie posting baseless and disjointed epistle. grin grin
Child of hate. Speak ur opinion and stop been bias and pray for a better Nigeria.
Re: The Notable Difference Between Jonathan And Buhari's Subsidy Removal by signz: 1:34pm On May 13, 2016
BabaAlaji:
‪#‎OCCUPYINGMINDS‬: ‪#‎NIGERDELTAMILITANTS‬...Every time a Crude Flow Station is Destroyed by Militants in the Niger Delta, The Environment is Damaged; Our Land is Polluted and Our Communities are subjected to more hardships...Let the Bombing Continue, who will lose?...The Government of PMB is dragging the Nigerian Economy away from Crude Oil; Lagos State has Joined the League of Oil Producing States and the Northern Part of Nigeria whose Reserves have been cynically suppressed over the years will begin production within the next months to two years. With time, We from the Niger Delta would have destroyed our Lands so much that future generation will curse us their Fathers and Mothers for killing their dreams. Let the Stupidity Continue my People...Don't stop the blowing up of pipelines.
Everyone of us thinks that a Blown Pipeline is an attack on PMB and His Government of Change...Insanity on display I must say. Kano and Lagos are Leading the way in Tomatoes Paste Production and Tomatoes don dey scarce shebi? The Northern Landmass alone is about 4 times the entire Landmass of the SS and the SE; Agriculture will revolutionize the North within the next decade...We from the Niger Delta will use our Oil to soak Garri and we think we are punishing Nigeria? Think Again, but Kontinu.
I have been reliably informed, that the More Pipeline we blow-up, the more the Resolve of this President to get the Nigerian Economy off oil...The More the Presidency blocks loopholes; The More the desire for alternative Revenue; The More the Nigerian People get pissed off by our Stupidity. The Future is Lost to the Greedy, Selfish Demons of Today. Blow Pipelines if you can, Nigeria is moving on. We have a President who is capable of making the hard decisions and willing to firmly sustain those hard choices. Blow Pipelines abeg. Let Nigeria Suffer and Let our land be wasted. Kontinu killing your own future by your own hands.
WEEP NOT FOR THE NIGER DELTA!!!
OUR ENEMIES ARE WITHIN!!!

Now I think this the major problem here. Some people felt that a particular section of the country made the nation ungovernable for their son.

Re: The Notable Difference Between Jonathan And Buhari's Subsidy Removal by hausameat: 1:35pm On May 13, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:

Could tell us what you think is wrong with the policy, not asking why it's kicked against under GEJ but being supported under PMB?
you should also tell me where the fuel dealer will find forex to import other FG. Also me why you were against GEJ in his time. If you will point at corruption, what is Buhari do there when he is worst corrupt man, Thieffnubi, Fashola, Amaechi etc are also corrupt.
Re: The Notable Difference Between Jonathan And Buhari's Subsidy Removal by Seyrexolad2706: 1:36pm On May 13, 2016
koboko69:
So far, the the only reason so far given by the wailing wailers for not supporting the removal of subsidy is simply because "Tinubu" and "Fashola" were against it when Jonathan removed it. Most of these people were also amongst those who protested against the removal back then. But as it is today, its a game of looking for any opportunity to attack Buhari. grin

mynd44 and lalasticlala

ON THE NEW PRICING TEMPLATE FOR PMS.

If you are comparing the planned removal of
subsidy on PMS in January 2012 to the removal of
subsidy in 2016, I wish to respectfully tell you to go
back to School.
If you think N145/litre in 2012 has the same value
as N145/litre in 2016, you need to go and dust you
Basic Economics Textbook.
If you didn't know that Nigeria was earning $110.99
per barrel of Crude Oil in 2012 with its attendant
availability of Fx for Importers to bring in Products
at the rate of N150/$, you need to go and dust up
your old Newspapers.
If you didn't know that that there is extreme dearth
of Fx from CBN, which makes Importers wait for
weeks to get Fx to import the fuel you buy at the
Pump, which is why there is scarcity, you need to
pay attention to what is going on around you.
If you didn't know that Importers have been
incurring losses or just eking by to get your PMS to
you at the pump for the past months, you, you need
to be grateful a bit more.
If you didn't know that Saudi Arabia, a Country with
$627billion compared to Nigeria's $27billion, had to
remove subsidy on Petrol, Electricity and Water few
months ago, you need to read more serious News
on the Internet instead of wasting your time on
Linda Ikeji.
Yes, I opposed removal of Subsidy in 2012. As
confession, I even administered onr of the Occupied
Nigeria handles on Twitter from my desk in Onitsha.
With the information we are getting about how GEJ
Administration squandered our Commonwealth, I am
happy I opposed it. The savings from Subsidy would
have been frittered away too. A Government that
left hundreds of billion of Dollars in Short Term
Liabilities to the incoming Government but a paltry $
2.1billion in ECA, cannot be trusted to use the
savings from subsidy removal judiciously.
CAUTION
I however, wish to sound a note of caution to those
of you that think queues will disappear immediately
at the Petrol Stations.
It will not disappear, at least, in the next two weeks.
Retailers will not commit so much to purchase PMS
at Ex-Depot price because of fear that the
Government may rescind on it decision to remove
subsidy because of pressure.
Nobody wants to buy PMS at N145/litre in the
morning and be ordered to sell it at N100/litre in the
evening.
If after two weeks, the Government's decision
stands, expect supply glut at Petrol Stations.

God bless Nigeria
I Stand With Buhari
Re: The Notable Difference Between Jonathan And Buhari's Subsidy Removal by adminlo: 1:39pm On May 13, 2016
[left][/left]
koboko69:
So far, the the only reason so far given by the wailing wailers for not supporting the removal of subsidy is simply because "Tinubu" and "Fashola" were against it when Jonathan removed it. Most of these people were also amongst Those protesters asdwA1 against the removal back then. But as it is today, its a game of qa2¹1eqwqsqqqsasq21#3se for any opportunity to attack Buhari. grin

mynd44 and lalasticlala

We have w

Qq
Re: The Notable Difference Between Jonathan And Buhari's Subsidy Removal by elampiro(m): 1:48pm On May 13, 2016
youngeagle:
The worst part is that GEJ raised minimum wage and NYSC allowance as a panacea to the suffering the subsidy might cause,but our dullardiho doesn't give a damn even with the worsening economic condition caused by the dollar hike and still most Nigerians that protested in 2012 finds it hard to even condemn this act...my Hero will live longer than his adversaries wished him.

Did Buhari not significantly raised the budget?
Re: The Notable Difference Between Jonathan And Buhari's Subsidy Removal by back2sender: 1:56pm On May 13, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:
I've come to realize that GEJ/PDP supporters have not come up with any reason, whether plausible or otherwise, why the removal of subsidy, as they're wont to make us believe, is wrong. Their only objection is because when GEJ attempted it in 2012, it's resisted. Na wa for una o.
They are ineffectual baboon like thier brother in fedora cap. Thats why they cannot come up with a reason.
Re: The Notable Difference Between Jonathan And Buhari's Subsidy Removal by alabiyemmy(m): 2:01pm On May 13, 2016
What a lame attempt to justify your paymaster cluelessness.
Re: The Notable Difference Between Jonathan And Buhari's Subsidy Removal by Nobody: 2:05pm On May 13, 2016
You guys are deceiving yourself. Also trying to tie buhari 'So to GEJ. Why liberalisation (if indeed they intend to allow any body with the means to import) is the way to go, fuel should not sell above 100 naira. This is worse because crude price is low
Re: The Notable Difference Between Jonathan And Buhari's Subsidy Removal by Rijkard: 2:06pm On May 13, 2016
I have watched and listened with rapt attention to arguments from both side.

By both sides I don't mean GEJ/PMB supporters. I mean those against or in favour of subsidy removal in 2016.

In 2012, many Nigerians resisted subsidy removal for certain reasons
1. A cabal has hijacked the program and fleecing Nigeria and by extension, poor Nigerians of the subsidy benefits.
2. There was then a total collapse of infrastructures like LACK OF CONSTANT POWER, NO GOOD ROAD etc. They argued that such removal will make life hard for Nigerians.
3. It is a failure of government to because of the cabal punish Nigerians, rather, FG should go after the cabals
4. Our refineries MUST be working optimally before subsidy removal can be implemented.
5. Lack of trust in the govt to make good use of the savings
Using the above points, the opponents of subsidy removal (mostly opposition members), it was legit to fight for reversal of the decision.

Fast forward, 2016. The total reversal of points of argument of the two groups, especially proponents (who opposed in 2012) is surprising at best and scandalous at worst.

So far, only supporters of subsidy removal in 2012 has been consistent, they are not opposing it now as a bad policy, they are opposing it because the proponents today opposed it in 2012....fair enough!

The surprise group in 2016 are those that opposed the plan in 2012, based on the aforementioned items. Very surprising because, beside trust from majority of Nigerians (and international community) on PMB as a person in this govt (Because you can't convince me Amaechi is not corrupt), the below points are still the same.

1. A cabal has hijacked the program and fleecing Nigeria and by extension, poor Nigerians of the subsidy benefits.
2. There was then a total collapse of infrastructures like LACK OF COSTANT POWER, NO GOOD ROAD etc. They argued that such removal will make life hard for Nigerians.
3. It is a failure of government to because of the cabal punish Nigerians, rather, FG should go after the cabals
4. Our refineries MUST be working optimally before subsidy removal can be implemented.

Some will want to tell me the refineries are working now, bros, at what % of installed capacity?

Question I need those in support of subsidy removal in 2016 to answer me:
1. If our refineries are working and outputting finished products, what will be the price of such fuels? (they are not part of the landing cost calculation)
2.If you calculates the landing cost based on 298Naira to 1$, will you recalculate when the exchange rate hits #450 (very soon, already at #351)
3. If the dollar keep rising and you keep recalculating landing cost, how will the cost come down as they want us to believe?

THE ANGLE GOVT MISSED
There is pressure on fuel and what happens to it because govt failed to provide constant power, making SMEs and homes to depend on fuel on daily basis. Any slight change in the price has ripple effect. Until govt finds solution to power issue, they should not thinker fuel subsidy removal. You will agree with me that when subsidy was removed from diesel, not many Nigerians knew or cared about it.

SHAME OF A NATION
It is shameful that as a nation we are wasting some quality time discussing fuel subsidy removal. We have no business importing fuel! The previous govts from 1990 failed to understand the shame of such importation. It is equally shameful (frustrating to say the least) when you remember the promise of CHANGE from APC concerning how things are done.
Some APC supporters will want to pin this whole on past govt. Don't even go there! This govt is 1 year old. It takes 9-12 months to complete new refinery and less than 6 months to complete turn-around maintenance on existing ones. Giving APC some slack, I expected them to have given us a plan on how to genuinely stop fuel importation by now. Give us a plan of hope of completing new refineries and getting old ones to optimal production in 9 months time and there will be less argument on fuel subsidy removal.

MY STAND
I opposed fuel subsidy removal in 2012 based on conditions not being right for such move. That positions have not changed now, even in the face of all the SWEET PROMISES.
Re: The Notable Difference Between Jonathan And Buhari's Subsidy Removal by Lamasta(m): 2:11pm On May 13, 2016
Just observing in 5D 8 cool shocked cool shocked
Re: The Notable Difference Between Jonathan And Buhari's Subsidy Removal by DedeNkem: 2:11pm On May 13, 2016
You have no clue what you're talking about!
There's no way the price of fuel would go down if we continue importing petroleum products!

The ONLY way the price would go down as low as 5-10 naira per litre is if we stop importing and refine the fuel here in the Nigeria. But corrupt politicians and their corrupt marketers do everything to stop this from happening because they'll lose billions of dollars of ill-gotten money!

Buhari should have repaired our refineries before stopping the subsidy! That's what an intelligent person would do to ensure the citizens don't suffer!

Now that he has abruptly stopped the subsidy, petroleum products prices have increased which would have a massive ripple effect on prices of other goods and services. Thereby sinking the bad economy deeper towards recession.
Re: The Notable Difference Between Jonathan And Buhari's Subsidy Removal by PrinceMario(m): 2:11pm On May 13, 2016
hazyfm:

Now you have a point. Let's protest for increase in minimum wage not petrol deregulation

Subsidy in Nigeria is a FRAUD
God bless you bro...Protests should be channeled to something else and not the subsidy removal. Those marketers are living large at the expense of NigeriansNigerians.
Re: The Notable Difference Between Jonathan And Buhari's Subsidy Removal by MIM77(m): 2:18pm On May 13, 2016
youngeagle:
The worst part is that GEJ raised minimum wage and NYSC allowance as a panacea to the suffering the subsidy might cause,but our dullardiho doesn't give a damn even with the worsening economic condition caused by the dollar hike and still most Nigerians that protested in 2012 finds it hard to even condemn this act...my Hero will live longer than his adversaries wished him.

Politics aside. Not a supporter of any party because they are all the same. The current government is in a very tight corner in terms of inflow of resources. It doesn't have the resources to increase salary or allowances. The last revenue shared from the federation account was N299Billion and the share of the federal government out of it is N157.5 Billion while the salary bill of federal government staff for April was N165 Billion. Now where is the capacity to increase salary/allowances? On the issue of subsidy payments, the government spends close to a Trillion naira every year which is about a quarter of the budget, yet pms is not sold at the government pump price across the country. Few people have been claiming subsidy in billions of naira and marketers divert this product and sell it at a high price. The bane of our situation as a country is over dependence on oil. Heard of an example of the sharp practices of marketers in Yola, that 70 tankers were billed to be delivered there but only 7 tankers arrived while the balance diverted. I am in support of the move by the government to remove the subsidy not because i know where the money to meet up the additional expenses will come from but because only few people are getting richer and richer from the policy while the government is subsidizing the product. May God bless Nigeria.
Re: The Notable Difference Between Jonathan And Buhari's Subsidy Removal by koboko69: 2:21pm On May 13, 2016
Seyrexolad2706:
ON THE NEW PRICING TEMPLATE FOR PMS.

If you are comparing the planned removal of
subsidy on PMS in January 2012 to the removal of
subsidy in 2016, I wish to respectfully tell you to go
back to School.
If you think N145/litre in 2012 has the same value
as N145/litre in 2016, you need to go and dust you
Basic Economics Textbook.
If you didn't know that Nigeria was earning $110.99
per barrel of Crude Oil in 2012 with its attendant
availability of Fx for Importers to bring in Products
at the rate of N150/$, you need to go and dust up
your old Newspapers.
If you didn't know that that there is extreme dearth
of Fx from CBN, which makes Importers wait for
weeks to get Fx to import the fuel you buy at the
Pump, which is why there is scarcity, you need to
pay attention to what is going on around you.
If you didn't know that Importers have been
incurring losses or just eking by to get your PMS to
you at the pump for the past months, you, you need
to be grateful a bit more.
If you didn't know that Saudi Arabia, a Country with
$627billion compared to Nigeria's $27billion, had to
remove subsidy on Petrol, Electricity and Water few
months ago, you need to read more serious News
on the Internet instead of wasting your time on
Linda Ikeji.
Yes, I opposed removal of Subsidy in 2012. As
confession, I even administered onr of the Occupied
Nigeria handles on Twitter from my desk in Onitsha.
With the information we are getting about how GEJ
Administration squandered our Commonwealth, I am
happy I opposed it. The savings from Subsidy would
have been frittered away too. A Government that
left hundreds of billion of Dollars in Short Term
Liabilities to the incoming Government but a paltry $
2.1billion in ECA, cannot be trusted to use the
savings from subsidy removal judiciously.
CAUTION
I however, wish to sound a note of caution to those
of you that think queues will disappear immediately
at the Petrol Stations.
It will not disappear, at least, in the next two weeks.
Retailers will not commit so much to purchase PMS
at Ex-Depot price because of fear that the
Government may rescind on it decision to remove
subsidy because of pressure.
Nobody wants to buy PMS at N145/litre in the
morning and be ordered to sell it at N100/litre in the
evening.
If after two weeks, the Government's decision
stands, expect supply glut at Petrol Stations.

God bless Nigeria
I Stand With Buhari

Is this one Ok? Lol. What have u said that is different from what i said?
Re: The Notable Difference Between Jonathan And Buhari's Subsidy Removal by Caution30: 2:25pm On May 13, 2016
The buhari led govt is simply overwhelm by d current economic situation.
Op is either ignorant or just trying be loyal to his party.
After listening to the argument of the then economic team under GEJ wHich engages the Masses in town hall meetings , it was glaring that the removal best thing to do.
But the APC was busy occupying Lagos and Abuja only to face same problem years later.
For the record, I never supported the emergence of this govt, I GUESS THAT MEANS I M A WAILER, RIGHT?
Cos their campaign promises shows some signs of desperation;
#1naira =$1
#5k stipends for graduates
Reality is downing on us
As far as this govt is concern, there isn't any economic framework, just reacting to issues as they emerge
So,OP get ready to write more articles cos the drama just started.
Re: The Notable Difference Between Jonathan And Buhari's Subsidy Removal by Alyna: 2:31pm On May 13, 2016
I remember in my university days....some of my friends from a foreign land had this to say about nigerians: “Nigerians are really straight forward. Hypocrisy is not your thing”
Where are those graceful young chicks from douala those days. Come and hear oh!!!
We have become more hypocritical than the other people you compared us to....especially certain. Ha!!!
Re: The Notable Difference Between Jonathan And Buhari's Subsidy Removal by monex(m): 2:32pm On May 13, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:
I've come to realize that GEJ/PDP supporters have not come up with any reason, whether plausible or otherwise, why the removal of subsidy, as they're wont to make us believe, is wrong. Their only objection is because when GEJ attempted it in 2012, it's resisted. Na wa for una o.

you must realise that there are "wailers" who supported subsidy removal during GEJ's time (and will therefore support it now) just as there are "zombies" who opposed it in GEJ's time (and will still oppose it).

The "wailers" only point the hypocrisy in APC doing the same thing they opposed GEJ for doing. so that someone wails to indicate the hypocrisy does not mean the person does not support the subsidy removal by PMB.
Re: The Notable Difference Between Jonathan And Buhari's Subsidy Removal by lhawarl1(m): 2:40pm On May 13, 2016
Na wetin?......

Re: The Notable Difference Between Jonathan And Buhari's Subsidy Removal by koboko69: 2:41pm On May 13, 2016
kinibigdeal:

You just failed a simple exam. Why do we have differences in the exchange rate between the two government? If oil price is 40 or there about, and the landing cost is high, what sense? what led to the imbalance forex? Why do we have liquidity issues currently in our banking system. Why do we have a balance Forex during the last administration and a controlled one now, when it should be floated? Your reasons are too vague to be harnessed

Firstly, Nigeria earns its forex from crude? Oil is sold at 38usd or there about. As at last year it costs about 30usd to get a barrel of oil out of the ground. Oil doesn't pump itself angry. Which leavels the government with just about 8usd to play around with. Bare in mind oil sold below 30usd cost of getting oil out of the ground. Jonathan had forex as he was selling above 100usd. While his predecessor was able to grow the 42bn dollars left for him by OBJ to 68 billion dollars, which later dropped to about 47billion dollars left for Jonathan as a result of Sanusi defending the naira with our reserves, Jonathan was his gang of robbers kept on depleting the reserves. Mind you there was also controlled Fx during last melt down and oil price drop but was lifted by SLS when oil price became higher. The question is how much did Jonathan leave for this administration and how much forign debt did he leave. His predecessor before his dismiss left about $3.94 billion Dollars external debt, how much was it when Jonathan left office? To top this, there is no forex to give marketters for importantion hence they are forced to source from the black market. Will devaluing the Naira actually make Fx available? If Jonathan had left enough, there will have been some sort of cushions. Even your Almighty Iwealla stated clearly Nigeria is facing this crises because of the drop in oil, and lack of Political will by Jonathan's government to save. Bare in mind Jonathan's government was already borrowing to pay salaries at 57usd per barrel. I am tired of all these sensless mentions.
Re: The Notable Difference Between Jonathan And Buhari's Subsidy Removal by koboko69: 2:43pm On May 13, 2016
Caution30:
The buhari led govt is simply overwhelm by d current economic situation.
Op is either ignorant or just trying be loyal to his party.
After listening to the argument of the then economic team under GEJ wHich engages the Masses in town hall meetings , it was glaring that the removal best thing to do.
But the APC was busy occupying Lagos and Abuja only to face same problem years later.
For the record, I never supported the emergence of this govt, I GUESS THAT MEANS I M A WAILER, RIGHT?
Cos their campaign promises shows some signs of desperation;
#1naira =$1
#5k stipends for graduates
Reality is downing on us
As far as this govt is concern, there isn't any economic framework, just reacting to issues as they emerge
So,OP get ready to write more articles cos the drama just started.

Stale. 5k stipend was captured in the budget. There was never a promise of 1naria to a dollar. You have nothing to say Mr.
Re: The Notable Difference Between Jonathan And Buhari's Subsidy Removal by MIM77(m): 2:47pm On May 13, 2016
plaetton:

OK. Do us a favor by letting us know the arithmetic, how you arrived at that figure of N119.

More importantly, did you use N199 or N320 as the exchange rate to arrive at that figure

I have been wondering how the N145 Pms pump price was arrived at, because early this week it wasn't up to N100 because the subsidy was N12.60 or so. I read somewhere today that N145 was arrived at because the government used N300/$ in computing the landing cost per liter.
Why use N300/$ and not N199/$ which is the official price?

1 Like

Re: The Notable Difference Between Jonathan And Buhari's Subsidy Removal by coolscott(m): 2:47pm On May 13, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:

Many knew the last government for being corrupt and doubted their promise to save the amount of money to be realiazed from not paying subsidy. Those that fell in this category were not disappointed when SURE-P could not give an account of over 500 billion before the Senate. The Ribadu Committee was set up to look into oil marketers that got subsidy claim but diverted their imports or didn't import petroleum products at all, did the report see the light of the day?
[size=13pt]Many chose to not pay higher prices for fuel because they thought that the government's own money, saved by not paying subsidy, would be misused by govt. In other words, they therefore protested for the continued stealing by fraudsters scamming the country, instead of paying higher temporarily until price falls and ridding the fraudsters of money they were scamming off the country.

Congratulate yourself on what you endorse.

Govt money staying with govt = May or May not be used well by the govt

Vs

Govt money scammed away by subsidy thieves = ______________ fill in the blank

Those who protested should clap for themselves for their unique version of intelligence.
And you should clap for yourself also for joining yourself with them by justifying the poor choice they passionately made.

And I wonder where you got the idea that many don't know that this govt is also corrupt.
[/size]
Re: The Notable Difference Between Jonathan And Buhari's Subsidy Removal by kayo80(m): 2:53pm On May 13, 2016
hazyfm:

Now you have a point. Let's protest for increase in minimum wage not petrol deregulation

Subsidy in Nigeria is a FRAUD

God bless you for this comment.
Re: The Notable Difference Between Jonathan And Buhari's Subsidy Removal by plaetton: 2:53pm On May 13, 2016
MIM77:

I have been wondering how the N145 Pms pump price was arrived at, because early this week it wasn't up to N100 because the subsidy was N12.60 or so. I read somewhere today that N145 was arrived at because the government used N300/$ in computing the landing cost per liter.
Why use N300/$ and not N199/$ which is the official price?

Thank you jare .

So basically, the government has sereptitiously devalued the Naira, or should I say, they have removed the SUBSIDY on the Naira.
grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Notable Difference Between Jonathan And Buhari's Subsidy Removal by Philinho(m): 3:00pm On May 13, 2016
pls who build d working refineries ?
Re: The Notable Difference Between Jonathan And Buhari's Subsidy Removal by caphone: 3:01pm On May 13, 2016
Now I understand why yu are called a wailer. A sheeer display of stupidity
Re: The Notable Difference Between Jonathan And Buhari's Subsidy Removal by OrlandoOwoh(m): 3:03pm On May 13, 2016
monex:

you must realise that there are "wailers" who supported subsidy removal during GEJ's time (and will therefore support it now) just as there are "zombies" who opposed it in GEJ's time (and will still oppose it).

The "wailers" only point the hypocrisy in APC doing the same thing they opposed GEJ for doing. so that someone wails to indicate the hypocrisy does not mean the person does not support the subsidy removal by PMB.
Was APC a party when the protest against the removal of subsidy held in January 2012?
Re: The Notable Difference Between Jonathan And Buhari's Subsidy Removal by toyinid78: 3:03pm On May 13, 2016
Dos who stole naija money did it before jonathan. Came and dey continued wn jonathan came and thieves ar still in every offices ,even if any. Of u become a common local council councilor u wud steal cos ur family wud hate u if u live d post without buying a car or house,outside nigeria for over 30yrs nigerians ar seen as rogues n criminals....let's see d credentilas of ameachi,tinubu,fashola,ngige etc all ar thieves and u all know
Re: The Notable Difference Between Jonathan And Buhari's Subsidy Removal by Nobody: 3:03pm On May 13, 2016
amaechi1:

Which part of write you did not understand? That the refineries are now working or some miscreants did not blew up the pipeline? Remember, Kanu is still in kuje for call Nigerians Zombie. It might be your turn to visit Kuje.
PMB VIRUS ALSO AFFECTED HIS ZOMBIES GRAMMAICAL RENDATION/CONSTRUCTION. LOLZ. CHAI! WAHALA DEY O.
ZOMBIES CAN THIS BE TRUE?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Intelligence Services Locate Sunday Igboho's Hideout - Daily Post / Nigerian Troops Nab Boko Haram’s Major Drugs, Logistics Suppliers — Army (Photos / Shooting As Soldiers Invade Ateke Tom's Palace (PICS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.