Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,126 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:15 PM

We Are Going To Bomb Lagos, Enugu, Port-harcourt. - Boko Haram - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Are Going To Bomb Lagos, Enugu, Port-harcourt. - Boko Haram (1418 Views)

Boko Haram Planning To Bomb South-west – NOA Raises Alarm / Names And Details Of Boko Haram Members Arested In Lagos,enugu / Boko Haram Suspect: We Were Sent To Bomb Lagos Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Are Going To Bomb Lagos, Enugu, Port-harcourt. - Boko Haram by bilymuse: 11:53am On Aug 15, 2009
[size=15pt]Boko Haram Militants Plan To Attack Lagos, Ibadan - They Can’t Try It -Police[/size]
Kunle Oderemi, Lagos - 15.08.2009

WITH the country still sulking over the recent mayhem it unleashed on some northern states, the militant Islamic group, Boko Haram, has said that it was spreading its strikes to the South this month by bombing key cities like Lagos, Ibadan, Enugu and others. It categorically said it was going to strike in Lagos, which it described as an evil city, in a way that it would shake the country’s commercial hub to its foundation.

In an electronic mail to Saturday Tribune, dated August 9, 2009, the group said the bloodbath witnessed last month marked its declaration of “jihad” in the entire country. The organisation warned that it was set to make the country ungovernable by unleashing terror on other cities in the South-South, especially Port Harcourt, the Rivers State capital. “We promise the West and Southern Nigeria , a horrible pastime. We shall focus on these areas which are the devil’s empire and have been the ones encouraging and sponsoring Western civilisation into the shores of Nigeria,” the organisation stated.

Hundreds of people and property were destroyed during the conflict which broke out in Maiduguri, Borno State and later spread to Bauchi, Yobe and Kano states. One Mallam Sanni Umaru, who claimed to be the acting leader of the organisation, signed the letter. The founder, Mallam Mohammed Yusuf, 39, died in a controversial circumstance. Contrary to general belief, the militant group said it was not anti-Western education, accusing those it described as infidels as portraying its members as such. It said it would not stop the violence until the so-called evil cities in the country were turned into ashes.

It claimed to have presence across the country and be affiliated to Al-Qaeda, which threw the entire world into mourning by bombing the United States Trade Centre more than a decade ago. When contacted on the matter, the Deputy Force Public Relations Officer, Mr. Yemi Ajayi, said it was not possible for the sect to attack those cities. He also stated that the police had not heard of any threat by the sect to carry out any attack, advising the people not to exercise any fear.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/15082009/news/news2.html
Re: We Are Going To Bomb Lagos, Enugu, Port-harcourt. - Boko Haram by bilymuse: 11:55am On Aug 15, 2009
lets see
Re: We Are Going To Bomb Lagos, Enugu, Port-harcourt. - Boko Haram by muhsin(m): 12:22pm On Aug 15, 2009
I wonder how fraudulent news spread in Nigeria more than even a bush fire in winter.

Too bad for the development of the country.

Wish we'll get more serious and rational towards such an issues.
Re: We Are Going To Bomb Lagos, Enugu, Port-harcourt. - Boko Haram by nex(m): 2:51pm On Aug 15, 2009
The ignorance of Nigerians mixed with religious fanatism and ethnic hatred is such a powerful whirlwind that it can blow any fabricated story from the Southern fringes of Nigeria to the Northern hem of the country with minutes.

Al Hakubarah! Doesn't that sound like the name of a character from MORTAL KOMBAT or SOUL CALIBUR?

AL HAKUBARAH, Finish Him! Flawless Victory!
Re: We Are Going To Bomb Lagos, Enugu, Port-harcourt. - Boko Haram by ocelot2006(m): 12:05am On Aug 17, 2009
Well, I guess we'll finish these bastards off once and for all.
Re: We Are Going To Bomb Lagos, Enugu, Port-harcourt. - Boko Haram by emyah(m): 3:08pm On Aug 17, 2009
if  Muslim wan what to practice full Islamic why can't them support REPUBLICS OF BIAFRA. then can have their way in Nigeria, instead of westing they money,energy, time to try and look for place to bomb so that presence can be notice
Re: We Are Going To Bomb Lagos, Enugu, Port-harcourt. - Boko Haram by ScanLess: 3:39pm On Aug 17, 2009
didnt i read somewhere in NL that their leader died begging like a bloody coward he is. ya'll gon die screaming ,that's if you manage to cross the niger/benue line. he he eh he !!!! bloody desert baboons tongue tongue
Re: We Are Going To Bomb Lagos, Enugu, Port-harcourt. - Boko Haram by bashdecash(m): 12:48pm On Aug 19, 2009
bros, i stay in maiduguri in just abt 500m frm the house of Mohammed Yusuf. he passed at the gate of my house on the day the mayhem started. i know him facially and many of his people too as well as their characteristics.

it is very unfortunate that:

1- the picture abt the followers of Mohammed Yusuf u posted is 100% false (the people sitting are those of ordinary muslims) by just looking at those in brown uniform and blue beret, and also the people have no beards unlike members of mohammed yusuf.

2- the content of your mail about all the said attacks are to me false judging by the fact that i know the kind of people they are. this is not how they talk, am telling this from experience.

the media can be very deceptive, they make us believe falsehood most of the times. lets watch out on what we distribute.
Re: We Are Going To Bomb Lagos, Enugu, Port-harcourt. - Boko Haram by Nobody: 1:06pm On Aug 19, 2009
@topic

That news is a CRAFTED piece of shit.
Re: We Are Going To Bomb Lagos, Enugu, Port-harcourt. - Boko Haram by Nobody: 1:10pm On Aug 19, 2009
The stupid militants didnt circulate their message through out the newspapers,
they only spotted the under-performing Tribune.
False Journalism just to sell more papers.
Re: We Are Going To Bomb Lagos, Enugu, Port-harcourt. - Boko Haram by coolguyz(m): 2:12pm On Aug 19, 2009
babaearly:

The stupid militants didnt circulate their message through out the newspapers,
they only spotted the under-performing Tribune.
False Journalism just to sell more papers.

my 1 penny thot as well

arm-chair journalism at its best (news must full paper) grin grin grin
Re: We Are Going To Bomb Lagos, Enugu, Port-harcourt. - Boko Haram by Fhemmmy: 3:49pm On Aug 19, 2009
This is interesting
Re: We Are Going To Bomb Lagos, Enugu, Port-harcourt. - Boko Haram by Beaf: 3:57pm On Aug 19, 2009
There were stories that some Boko Haram were arrested in Ogun state a couple of days ago. These people had crude weapons, but are reported to have had bomb making equipment and materials. Who knows what can happen next?

(1) (Reply)

My Thought On Ibb, Atiku And Buhari Bid And Next Generation Of Northerner / The Man Who Might Be King - Bukola Saraki / Ndlea Arrests Fashion Icon With 1.3kg Of Cocaine:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.