Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,783 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:11 AM

Nigerian Targeted Website Or Global? Please Help. - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Nigerian Targeted Website Or Global? Please Help. (5364 Views)

5 Ways To Drive Targeted Traffic With Your Next Post / Read This! If You Need More Targeted Website Traffic To Your Blog / Get Country Targeted Social Media Followers,likes,subcribers,views And Referrals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Targeted Website Or Global? Please Help. by ikorodureporta: 8:16am On May 13, 2016
Can someone excel as a webmaster without good programming skillz?
Re: Nigerian Targeted Website Or Global? Please Help. by frank417: 8:45am On May 13, 2016
egwekwe:
We really don't care if you target a Nigeria market or worldwide.

What we really care about is the current situation of things in Nigeria.

When you start earning money,will you also come back here for our advice on how to spend it?

I never thought of it this way, all I seek is assistance which I believe in one or two ways you also have sought for.
Re: Nigerian Targeted Website Or Global? Please Help. by frank417: 9:02am On May 13, 2016
NigerianScholar:
Greedy op. He is the op and ftc angry angry
bros no vex o. never thought it that way, was just nervous when I made the topic so when I saw people only viewing with no comment, I decided to beg. smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Targeted Website Or Global? Please Help. by frank417: 9:06am On May 13, 2016
NigerianScholar:
Please make it nigerian targeted. If u make it worldwide targeted it will be too much and you wont be able to cope. There r too many songs being released worldwide and your site would be getting updates every second. You cant provide all genre of music. You have to target a specific part. Eg gospel,hip hop, soul etc. Dont do more than three genre
And downloading free music i.e(distributing music online for free) in sum countries. Eg uk us. Is illegal....research on it. So....help develop nigerian music. Take after tooXclusive.com. See how they do their things. And emulate. Once in a while u can throw in american songs trending in nigeria. Eg work by rihanna
much appreciated sir.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Targeted Website Or Global? Please Help. by frank417: 9:08am On May 13, 2016
Vince77:
I had same tots sometime ago. Was reli thinking of making it a worldwide thing if im gonna hv music from all over the world on the site. But if u want only nigerian music on it then i think u should shld make it a naija tin for Nigerians to capture it easily.
thank you.
Re: Nigerian Targeted Website Or Global? Please Help. by frank417: 9:09am On May 13, 2016
folks4luv:
my advice, don't despise d days of little beginning, start with Nigeria brand but make it a goal to go global. if ur voice is not loud enough in Nigeria, how will those in even Benin republic hear u?
lol. thank you very much
Re: Nigerian Targeted Website Or Global? Please Help. by frank417: 9:11am On May 13, 2016
DeanSim:
It depend on your website mission. Since it content is for Nigerians, go for the top-level domain, .ng
As regards hosting, you can check siteground.com. They're friendly to bloggers.
do they support video/audio streaming? thank u
Re: Nigerian Targeted Website Or Global? Please Help. by frank417: 9:17am On May 13, 2016
Appland:
You should make use of.com extension,have a category that will have american musics... Subcategory hippop, jaz etc, Nigerian music Subcategory same thing here....
thank you
Re: Nigerian Targeted Website Or Global? Please Help. by frank417: 9:21am On May 13, 2016
Panshow:
I will advise you to focus mainly on Nigeria contents. Competition out there is damn too high. If you say you want to make it a worldwide thing and feature foreign music, it's still okay but know that you will be competing with the big boys like Pandora, SoundCloud, spotify etc. Though I don't know if your own pattern will be similar to those ones or you may take a different approach, but one thing is certain, be ready for serious competition.

Secondly, those sites I mentioned up there, though they are known worldwide, but they mostly don't feature Nigeria or African content (just few of them) and that's where you'll fill in the gap.

Thirdly, if you decide to make it a worldwide thing by featuring just everything music, believe me, the task will be overwhelming and you will eventually be exhausted sooner or later. But if you focus on just Nigeria contents only, you'll have all the time to focus on doing just one thing, and that's to promote Nigeria music only. If you do it well, you may end up creating the best Nigeria music site in the world and directly or indirectly, you have created a website that's known worldwide.

For the hosting, I know most foreign hosting companies do offer unlimited storage and bandwidth, but I'll advice you go with reputable ones like bluehost or godaddy. This is purely my opinion though.
very much appreciated, sir.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Targeted Website Or Global? Please Help. by frank417: 9:35am On May 13, 2016
Geez! I just noticed now that I made FP, and this is my 1st topic on nairaland!! smiley

Thank you all for your thoughts and insight on this topic so far. I am happy.
but I was thinking lately, what if I target Africans?

And for my domain name, should it be a little indigenous or plain official? e.g having "naija"(That is if i'm to go with the nigerian audience), using a nigerian slang(9ja audience too) or I should just make it plain official( 9ja or global audience)
Thank you
Re: Nigerian Targeted Website Or Global? Please Help. by TheDavidAbraham(m): 9:47am On May 13, 2016
If you try to go global, the competition you will face will be immense. From the description of your blog, you will be in competition with sites such as Youtube. You stand no chance. If you try to go global, you will find that:

1. You will be unable to serve the Nigerian market well, if at all
2. You will not be able to reach the global market at all

On the other hand, you could target Nigerian markets much more effectively, and Nigeria on it's own already has a huge market you can work with.

It's always safer to start with a niche and expand from there if you must.
Re: Nigerian Targeted Website Or Global? Please Help. by OgbeniAnonymous: 11:51am On May 13, 2016
Start small but plan big.
Re: Nigerian Targeted Website Or Global? Please Help. by frank417: 12:22pm On May 13, 2016
twdesign:
Nice Question Indeed?

Firstly I must say is a nice feeling being able to attracts the world with your music trending website, mostly wen it come to music/videos download for free.

Going INTL’ ?

I would advise you paying for some Piracy Policy.
As this would help your website not being blocked, even by your Hosting Service Provider!

You can start this way!

Have a lot of millions of Nigerian/African music in your Library.
Then create a Page. - e.g International Musics
Make it look like is a promo page to advertise newly listed American or Uk songs.

Start gradually, with being a promo page for about 2-3months. And after you must have received a lot of traffics from the US/UK and Global, then you can start including more Genres to the international Pages. Example ; BLUES - CLASSIC – COUNTRY MUSIC – POP – ELECTRO and more….

You can use trusted Hosters like Godaddy, Namesheap (this is my main hoster).

Hints: you need to have a lot of African Music on your Library to beat other Musical Sites in Nigeria or Africa as a whole, and the Downloading should be UserFriendly (easy download) !!!!

Hints: you should know that this will require alot of your time, being Full-Time, Or you can pay some real Blogger Developers to assist you on updating it as well. for i would have love to assist you but i don't Blog, i only specialize on PHP Script writing and Advance Website Developer with South-African Lights.

Hints: Average Nigerian Network Bandwidth are too poor in responding to website with too much in it. Also try to use a Template that attracts visitors and the transcripts are responding to networks @ once, without having to load for too much time.

Final Hints: You need beat the Music Markets Website of Nigeria/Africa within the first three months of publishing before you start competing with international musical websites. and i'll strongly advice you to use a .COM extension. and your Hosting Provider must have a 99.0 or 99.5% server Uptime. as it will be annoying users to visit and refuse to respond to internet.

Thanks and wishing you the best . . .
Thank you very much!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Targeted Website Or Global? Please Help. by talk2cj08(m): 8:13pm On May 13, 2016
1. Is it going to be a free download site like notjustok.com or are coming into the market with a different concept
2. Do u hope to charge for your services (download)if yes how do u intend to pay royalties, is the royalty going to be basis of after sells or upfront
Re: Nigerian Targeted Website Or Global? Please Help. by frank417: 12:34am On May 16, 2016
talk2cj08:
1. Is it going to be a free download site like notjustok.com or are coming into the market with a different concept
2. Do u hope to charge for your services (download)if yes how do u intend to pay royalties, is the royalty going to be basis of after sells or upfront
yes, free download site like notjustok, but with a very different approach, and no I would not charge for download, but upload by upcoming artistes in a particular "section" on the website(which also comes with other perks). smiley
Re: Nigerian Targeted Website Or Global? Please Help. by resultcase(m): 8:59pm On May 16, 2016
mannatech:

Are they reliable.

Ofcourse they are

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Best Course Between Computer Science And Computer Engineering / How To Protect Your Blog/website From Hackers / My Nairaland Frontpage "Mod" For SMF

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.