Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,169 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

Top 13 Unbeatable Rules For Happiness - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Top 13 Unbeatable Rules For Happiness (663 Views)

"My Future Husband" - UNIZIK Student Issues Stiff-Neck Rules / The 10 Starter Rules For All Serious Relationships / See Top 13 Vital Things Every Girl Observes In A Guy! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 13 Unbeatable Rules For Happiness by Emasky4real(m): 6:41am On May 13, 2016
Among so many questions in the world today is how can one attain the state of happiness? Many in search for happiness have made effort to acquire wealth, fame and power, but the irony is that despite being in possession of these things they are still not happy. In this blog post I am going to expose you to the basic rules that govern true happiness. Now let’s go there.

Happiness is defined as an emotion experienced when in a state of well-being. It is a state that anyone can attain irrespective of one’s circumstances. However for one to attain or experience happiness one must understand the rules of happiness and how one can enjoy being happy spontaneously. The basic requirement is the ability to create conditions that will put you in a state of well-being which bring about happiness, and that is what the rules in this post are based on.

To attain the state of happiness, I am persuaded that the following rules will be of help.

1. Thou shall be contented with what you have: The number one rule of happiness is contentment. Having a great wealth does not guarantee happiness, what brings happiness is your contentment with the little or much that you have. No matter how wealthy you are, if you are not satisfied or contented with what you have, happiness will elude you. When it comes to prosperity, we have the natural inclination to keep seeking. An author rightly put it this way that “it is really exciting to get something new, but the excitement always wear off after a while..... the new desire is always more important than the stuff you already have.” Buddha understands this rule when he said; health is the greatest gift,
Contentment the greatest wealth, faithfulness the best relationship. My blog post on why success does not guarantee a lasting happiness explains this better.

2. Thou shall practice win-win relationship. To truly be happy, you must inculcate win-win in all your deals with people. Win-win is a form of interaction or relationship where you benefit and the other person benefits too. Cutting corners, outsmarting and taking advantage of others is the common practice today. Trying to outsmart others may give you temporary pleasure in the now but it can bring you untold pain and hardship in the future. Such behavior can also lead to anxiety, guilt and restlessness of the mind. There is no way you can be happy with these negative emotions occupying your mind.

3. Thou shall be stable financially: I have heard times without number that money cannot buy happiness. The truth is that, that statement is not completely true. You need financial stability to be happy. Most of the pains we go through in life are the result of lack of money to solve certain problem.
We become happy when we achieve our goals and vice versa. The truth is that certain goals can never be achieved without money and for as long as the goal is unrealized we will remain unhappy. Muyiwa Afolabi, Nigerian career and business coach put it this way “money can’t buy happiness, but it can sponsor your dreams and finance your purpose which eventually will make you happy.” I am of the opinion that everyone who truly want to be happy should strive toward financial stability. Having money to live your dream will save you from so many ills that can create sorrow in your life.

4. Thou shall accept life as it is: Accepting life as it is, is one of the basic rules you need to be happy. We are all complete strangers in this world. Like the good singer composed, “the world is not my own, I am just passing through”. You were not here at a time and a time will come when you will be no more. If you must experience happiness in your short stay in this world, you need to accept life as it is. Most often, we are tempted to wish or desire that life operates in certain way, e.g. being in a Garden of Eden and having all your needs met without any struggle. The reality is that life does not work like that. ........
To continue follow this link www.taiwoemayosan.com/2016/05/top-13-unbeatable-rules-for-happiness.html?m=1
Re: Top 13 Unbeatable Rules For Happiness by cruzita(f): 6:46am On May 13, 2016
this one all start with *thou* ,na commandment
Re: Top 13 Unbeatable Rules For Happiness by Emasky4real(m): 6:54am On May 13, 2016
cruzita:
this one all start with *thou* ,na commandment
I chose to adopt that style.
Re: Top 13 Unbeatable Rules For Happiness by hungryboy(m): 6:59am On May 13, 2016
We can keep lying to ourselves,
but the truth is,

Happiness is a temporary feeling,
No matter how you choose to live your life,

You can't be happy all the time.
Re: Top 13 Unbeatable Rules For Happiness by Hillzy(m): 9:57am On May 13, 2016
Ok

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Why Should Guys Complain That Girls Do Not Like Them Because They Are Poor? / How Was Your First Time Wooing A Girl Like / Question Of The Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.