Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,074 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

In Syria, Russia Defends Civilization – The West Sides With Barbarism - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / In Syria, Russia Defends Civilization – The West Sides With Barbarism (2172 Views)

Through Syria, Russia Achieved Global Parity / Breaking: US Supreme Court Sides With Trump - This Changes Everything! / Warmongering US Accuses Russia Of ' Barbarism' In Alepo, Syria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

In Syria, Russia Defends Civilization – The West Sides With Barbarism by scully95: 7:01am On May 13, 2016
History will always remember and be on Russia's side no matter how anyone tries to twist it. The media establishment lies is not longer working like it used to work during the days of Yugoslavia. One thing I can bet, Russians will never forget or forgive the west for the atrocities committed against the Eastern Slavic people during the days of Yugoslavia, NATO terrorist alliance dropped over 20,000 tons of bombs, killing people like ants.

Has NATO, U.S/Anglozionist Empire learned anything ? Everyday is for the thief but one day is for the owner and that day has come.

This article was written for The Ooduarere: http://ooduarere.com/news-from-nigeria/world-news/in-syria-russia-defends-civilization-the-west-sides-with-barbarism/

The recent Russian concert in Palmyra was an event loaded with symbolism. While it was the Syrians who liberated this ancient city and while the Russian only provided support, this support was crucial and, besides, it was not just Palmyra which Russia saved, but the Syrian nation. I would even argue that the Russians in Palmyra saved not just Syria, but all of civilization.

Imagine you are an extraterrestrial watching our planet from space. Not only would you see the unspeakable atrocities committed by the Daesh liver-eating psychopaths, but you would see that the Empire which runs most of the planet, and the so-called “western civilization” ,which shaped our modern world more than any other civilization, have given their full backing to the Daesh.

You would see the US TOW missiles used against the only army capable of standing up against Daesh, you would see all the countries making up the so-called “concert of nations” (about 1/3rd of the countries out there, maybe) calling for the overthrow of the legal and legitimate President of Syria even if that means that a black Daesh flag flies over Damascus.

You would see the genocide of Christians while the putatively Christian world looks away and the genocide of (all non-Takfiri) Muslims while the putatively Muslim world looks away. You would see the self-described “Leader of the Free World” condemn the (very limited) Russian military intervention in Syria and you would see a member of the most powerful military alliance on the planet (Turkey) make millions by trading stolen oil with Daesh.

This list could go on and on, but I think that we can agree that any extra-terrestrial observing this would be overcome by a total sense of disgust with the human race.

But then you would see one country – Russia – not only helping to liberate the ancient Palmyra from the demonic beasts which tried to destroy it, but then also fully clear it from mines and unexploded ordinance it, making it safe to rebuilt. And, finally, you would see Russia bringing her best musicians to render a heartbreaking homage to those who were tortured and murdered not just by Daesh, but primarily by those who created and unleashed Daesh – the Anglo Zionist Empire.
[img]http://thesaker.is/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/The-Empire-in-Palmyra.png[/img]
The Empire in Palmyra
The Palmyra amphitheater under the control of Daesh, before being liberated by Syrian government forces.

I find it most significant that the concert did not begin with a piece by a Russian composer. Instead the Russians chose to begin with a poignant piece by Johann Sebastian Bach: this famous “Chaconne”, Partita for solo violin Nº 2 in D minor, BWV 1004. Yehudi Menuhin called the Chaconne “the greatest structure for solo violin that exists” and Violinist Joshua Bell has said the Chaconne is “not just one of the greatest pieces of music ever written, but one of the greatest achievements of any man in history. It’s a spiritually powerful piece, emotionally powerful, structurally perfect” (source).

This is no coincidence. The Russian chose mankind’s greatest composer and one of his greatest compositions to show, I believe, that mankind is not only about evil, horror, lies and murder, and that the Western civilization also produced some of the most refined, spiritual and beautiful art ever. Only the transcendent music of Bach could represent a worthy “voice” to bring beauty to the very same place where Daesh had organized mass executions. The message was “you want to destroy civilization and even beauty – and we bring you Bach!”.

Bach as a “weapon of civilization” is no less important in this context than SU-34 aircraft and cruise missiles are to the “kinetic war” against terrorism.

It is ironic that Russia, which never was really part of the “Western world”, was the one to bring Bach to Palmyra. Had the Americans decided to organize a concert, they would never have bothered with Palmyra or the Syrian people – they would have had Toby Keith sing “American solider” for US Marines on a US military base (or something like this). The Russians, instead, played Bach in Palmyra.

Today Russia stands for all of civilization. Even the western one.

The Saker

6 Likes 6 Shares

Re: In Syria, Russia Defends Civilization – The West Sides With Barbarism by Nobody: 12:57pm On May 13, 2016
Blessed be Vladimirovich Putin - The Lord our strength which teacheth our hands to war, and our fingers to fight:

Our goodness, and our Nuclear fortress; our high tower, our deliverer; our missile defense shield, and he in whom we trust; who subdueth Amerika, Israel, France, Turkey, Saudi-Arabia & Britain under us.

Lord, what is Amerika, that thou takest knowledge of her! or Israel, that thou makest account of her?

Amerika is like vanity: and her days are like shadow that passeth away.

Bow thy Ilyushin Il-96 Presidential Jet, O Lord, and come down: touch Turkey & Saudi-Arabia with Iskander-M, and they shall smoke. grin

Cast forth Topol-M, and scatter them: shoot out thine Bulava, and destroy them.

Send thine hand from above; rid the world, and deliver her out of great waters, from the shackles of Amerika & her AngloZionist empire - whose mouth speaketh vanity, and their right hand is a right hand of falsehood.

We will sing a new song unto thee, O God: upon a psaltery and an instrument of ten strings will we sing praises unto thee.

It is Vladimirovich Putinski that giveth salvation unto kings: who delivereth Bashar Al-Assad his friend from the hurtful sword of NATO & Amerika's liver-eating terrorists in Syria. grin

Rid the world, and deliver her from the hand of strange children, whose mouth speaketh vanity, and their right hand is a right hand of falsehood:

That our sons may be as plants grown up in their youth; that our daughters may be as corner stones, polished after the similitude of a palace:

That I may marry Missy89, Mizmycoli, Houseofglam7, Sinaj, Raayah, & Itannooluwa; that they may bear me 6 sons & 4 daughters each in my palace in Ijebu. grin

That we may divide all the Amerikan Banks, Telecoms, Oil & Gas, Aviation, Transport, Automobile & Defense Firms among the Nairaland's league of Russian 5star Generals - Appleyard, Nairaminted, Scully95, Capip120, Poseidon000, Fineguy11, Shymm3x, 1Tkester, Bonechamberlain, Seunny4lif, Romme2u, Jnhmaxxwell, Stalwert, Panafrican, Seagulsntrawler, NaijaTalkTown & Januzaj. grin

That we may subject Mazeltov, Vedaxcool, ValerianSteel, Obagadaffi & Lucasbalo to house mountain arrest on mount kilimanjaro - leaving them with only 5 British heated blankets, 5 Israeli Mattresses, 5 Turkish Pillows, 5 Saudi-Arabian donkeys (for their sexual pleasure), 5 French solar-powered lanterns, 1 Amerikan goat (for Asun) & 5 crates of Orijin. grin cheesy grin

That our garners may be full, affording all manner of store: that our sheep may bring forth thousands and ten thousands in our streets:

That our oxen may be strong to labour; that there be no breaking in, nor going out; that there be no complaining in our streets. That there be no more Amerikan sponsorship of terrorists like ISIS, Al-Qaeda, Al-Shabab & Boko-Haram; that there be no more Amerika & Israeli assassination plots & usurpation of foreign governments.

Happy is that people, that is in such a case: Yea, happy is that people, whose God is Vladimirovich Putin. grin

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: In Syria, Russia Defends Civilization – The West Sides With Barbarism by NairaMinted: 1:40pm On May 13, 2016
Zoharariel:
Blessed be Vladimirovich Putin - The Lord our strength which teacheth our hands to war, and our fingers to fight:

Our goodness, and our Nuclear fortress; our high tower, our deliverer; our missile defense shield, and he in whom we trust; who subdueth Amerika, Israel, France, Turkey, Saudi-Arabia & Britain under us.

Lord, what is Amerika, that thou takest knowledge of her! or Israel, that thou makest account of her?

Bow thy Ilyushin Il-96 Presidential Jet, O Lord, and come down: touch Turkey & Saudi-Arabia with Iskander-M, and they shall smoke. grin

Send thine hand from above; rid the world, and deliver her out of great waters, from the shackles of Amerika & her AngloZionist empire - whose mouth speaketh vanity, and their right hand is a right hand of falsehood.

We will sing a new song unto thee, O God: upon a psaltery and an instrument of ten strings will we sing praises unto thee.

It is Vladimirovich Putinski that giveth salvation unto kings: who delivereth Bashar Al-Assad his friend from the hurtful sword of NATO & Amerika's liver-eating terrorists in Syria. grin

Rid the world, and deliver her from the hand of strange children, whose mouth speaketh vanity, and their right hand is a right hand of falsehood:

That our sons may be as plants grown up in their youth; that our daughters may be as corner stones, polished after the similitude of a palace:

That I may marry Missy89, Mizmycoli, Houseofglam7, Sinaj, Raayah, & Itannooluwa; that they may bear me 6 sons & 4 daughters each in my palace in Ijebu. grin

That we may divide all the Amerikan Banks, Telecoms, Oil & Gas, Aviation, Transport, Automobile & Defense Firms among the Nairaland's league of Russian 5star Generals - Appleyard, Nairaminted, Scully95, Capip120, Poseidon000, Fineguy11, Shymm3x, 1Tkester, Bonechamberlain, Seunny4lif, Romme2u, Jnhmaxxwell, Stalwert, Panafrican, Seagulsntrawler, NaijaTalkTown & Januzaj. grin

That we may subject Mazeltov, Vedaxcool, ValerianSteel, Obagadaffi & Lucasbalo to house mountain arrest on mount kilimanjaro - leaving them with only 5 British heated blankets, 5 Israeli Mattresses, 5 Turkish Pillows, 5 Saudi-Arabian donkeys (for their sexual pleasure), 5 French solar-powered lanterns, 1 Amerikan goat (for Asun) & 5 crates of Orijin. grin cheesy grin

That our garners may be full, affording all manner of store: that our sheep may bring forth thousands and ten thousands in our streets:

That our oxen may be strong to labour; that there be no breaking in, nor going out; that there be no complaining in our streets. That there be no more Amerikan sponsorship of terrorists like ISIS, Al-Qaeda, Al-Shabab & Boko-Haram; that there be no more Amerika & Israeli assassination plots & usurpation of foreign governments.

Happy is that people, that is in such a case: Yea, happy is that people, whose God is Vladimirovich Putin. grin

grin grin grin

But seriously though, are you a leader in church or perhaps you took your bible lessons too seriously as a kid?

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: In Syria, Russia Defends Civilization – The West Sides With Barbarism by NairaMinted: 1:52pm On May 13, 2016
For future reference, here is a more complete list of the squad - the Kremlin Bots as they are fondly called.

Appleyard, Nairaminted, Scully95, Underground, Capip120, Poseidon000, Fineguy11, Shymm3x, 1Tkester, Bonechamberlain, Seunny4lif, Lumiere91, hungryboy Romme2u, Jnhmaxxwell, Stalwert, Panafrican, Seagulsntrawler, Barram NaijaTalkTown & Januzaj

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: In Syria, Russia Defends Civilization – The West Sides With Barbarism by phrenology: 3:11pm On May 13, 2016
On that day, the great Satan shall say to her allies and cronies come let us attack the one nation who inspite of our might and big spending refuses to bow before me.
That nation has caused me so many pains that even I the great Satan is flinching at the mention of her name.

That nation that decimated my terrorists who were supposed to depose Assad so that my gas pipeline can sail through that area unscathed.

That nation showed the whole world how my most powerful anti tank missile (TOW) was made obsolete when faced against the T90 Armoured tank.

That nation whose people still love their leader despite the economic sanctions I placed on them, his ratings still soar high everyday.

That nation who I provoked by ordering my Turkish pony to shoot down their plane so that I can attack them when they try to retaliate.

That nation whose job is to destroy empires (ottoman, France (Napoleon), Japan, Germany (back to back) grin
We need to crush it lest we meet the loo our forefathers suffered in the hands of that nation.

That nation.... tha.. . na.....(now crying embarassed embarassed embarassed)

That nation who is ruled by this man who my wife (shelufer) even admires embarassed embarassed

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: In Syria, Russia Defends Civilization – The West Sides With Barbarism by Nobody: 6:08pm On May 13, 2016
phrenology:

That nation whose job is to destroy empires (ottoman, France (Napoleon), Japan, Germany (back to back)
To all Germans out there, if you want a piece of Russia, come and collect it grin grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Syria, Russia Defends Civilization – The West Sides With Barbarism by jnhmaxxwell: 6:51pm On May 13, 2016
Zoharariel:

Wow!! This is explosive, trust me those about to be subjected to house arrest on mount Kilimanjaro (Mazeltov, Vedaxcool, ValerianSteel, Obagadaffi & Lucasbalo) will never dare to debate in facts like this. They will run as usual.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Syria, Russia Defends Civilization – The West Sides With Barbarism by ValerianSteel(m): 8:00pm On May 13, 2016
jnhmaxxwell:

Wow!! This is explosive, trust me those about to be subjected to house arrest on mount Kilimanjaro (Mazeltov, Vedaxcool, ValerianSteel, Obagadaffi & Lucasbalo) will never dare to debate in facts like this. They will run as usual.
What fvcking facts are there to debate with propaganda infused clowns?

I deal in matured and logical conversations.The Kremlin clowns can keep on gangbanging Putin's asshole for all I care undecided

1 Like

Re: In Syria, Russia Defends Civilization – The West Sides With Barbarism by jnhmaxxwell: 8:14pm On May 13, 2016
ValerianSteel:
What fvcking facts are there to debate with propaganda infused clowns?

I deal in matured and logical conversations.The Kremlin clowns can keep on gangbanging Putin's asshole for all I care undecided

You can't stand the debate anymore ? Where is the Propaganda now ? Just point to one ? Did Russia not help Syrian Armies to liberate Palmyra from Western backed terrorists ? If this is what you call propaganda then you are the propaganda yourself. These are facts on the ground. Just mention one thing that is propaganda ? Now you see who is clown and who is not ?

This is why Putin like you said is winning all its fronts. Even your propaganda front, Putin is winning by countering all the media lies. The Empire of lies. How times flies the table has turned around now.

Watch your favorite hoodlum in UK's reaction to Orchestra played in Palmyra. First time Washington department says something that makes a little sense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fo0joUwY4_4

2 Likes

Re: In Syria, Russia Defends Civilization – The West Sides With Barbarism by seunny4lif(m): 8:47pm On May 13, 2016
grin
Lord Putin grin grin cheesy
I'm at your service grin
Zoharariel:

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: In Syria, Russia Defends Civilization – The West Sides With Barbarism by Lucasbalo(m): 10:59pm On May 13, 2016
[quote author=jnhmaxxwell post=45592573]

Wow!!
Re: In Syria, Russia Defends Civilization – The West Sides With Barbarism by Lucasbalo(m): 11:01pm On May 13, 2016
jnhmaxxwell:

Johnmaxwell, as pro America as I am, I don't dabble into the military might of America unless if her territory is about to be threatened or threatened . All you need to do is look at my past posts. Even with that, I still believe that America is the most powerful military and economic country in the world.
Re: In Syria, Russia Defends Civilization – The West Sides With Barbarism by Nobody: 11:20pm On May 13, 2016
Lucasbalo:

I don't dabble into the military might of America unless if her territory is about to be threatened or threatened .

When was Amerika's territory ever threatened? Don't bring up Pearl Harbour or September 9/11.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: In Syria, Russia Defends Civilization – The West Sides With Barbarism by Appleyard(m): 12:59am On May 14, 2016
Zoharariel:

grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: In Syria, Russia Defends Civilization – The West Sides With Barbarism by Appleyard(m): 1:04am On May 14, 2016
phrenology:
On that day, the great Satan shall say to her allies and cronies come let us attack the one nation who inspite of our might and big spending refuses to bow before me.
That nation has caused me so many pains that even I the great Satan is flinching at the mention of her name.

That nation that decimated my terrorists who were supposed to depose Assad so that my gas pipeline can sail through that area unscathed.

That nation showed the whole world how my most powerful anti tank missile (TOW) was made obsolete when faced against the T90 Armoured tank.

That nation whose people still love their leader despite the economic sanctions I placed on them, his ratings still soar high everyday.

That nation who I provoked by ordering my Turkish pony to shoot down their plane so that I can attack them when they try to retaliate.

That nation whose job is to destroy empires (ottoman, France (Napoleon), Japan, Germany (back to back) grin
We need to crush it lest we meet the loo our forefathers suffered in the hands of that nation.

That nation.... tha.. . na.....(now crying embarassed embarassed embarassed)

That nation who is ruled by this man who my wife (shelufer) even admires embarassed embarassed
grin

1 Like

Re: In Syria, Russia Defends Civilization – The West Sides With Barbarism by Appleyard(m): 1:10am On May 14, 2016
NaijaTalkTown:
To all Germans out there, if you want a piece of Russia, come and collect it grin grin grin
are you that wicked? They are still cleaning up the left-over bombs remnants from the 1940s, and you still want them to add more to the already devastating list? grin

1 Like

Re: In Syria, Russia Defends Civilization – The West Sides With Barbarism by Lucasbalo(m): 1:56am On May 14, 2016
Zoharariel:

When was Amerika's territory ever threatened? Don't bring up Pearl Harbour or September 9/11.
Awujale in waiting. That's why I said what I said. You remember AlQueida attack of 9/11.
Re: In Syria, Russia Defends Civilization – The West Sides With Barbarism by Missy89(f): 2:23am On May 14, 2016
Appleyard:
are you that wicked? They are still cleaning up the left-over bombs remnants from the 1940s, and you still want them to add more to the already devastating list? grin

Germany defeated the Russians once, so did they Japanese. Have you heard of the Treaty of Brest-Litovsk and Treaty of Porthsmouth?
Isnt it fascinating that these countries lost a major war to Russia and managed to recover in a very short time while the Russians were busy queuing for bread?

one have to feel sorry for Russians and their trolls. They are trapped in nonstaglia to compensate for their low self esteem lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: In Syria, Russia Defends Civilization – The West Sides With Barbarism by scully95: 2:11pm On May 14, 2016
Missy89:

Germany defeated the Russians once, so did they Japanese. Have you heard of the Treaty of Brest-Litovsk and Treaty of Porthsmouth?
Isnt it fascinating that these countries lost a major war to Russia and managed to recover in a very short time while the Russians were busy queuing for bread?

one have to feel sorry for Russians and their trolls. They are trapped in nonstaglia to compensate for their low self esteem lipsrsealed

Olodo,
here he comes again. If no one knows anything now, he would quickly succumb to this un-informed, pentangon troll. The Treaty of Brest-Litovsk was a peace treaty signed on 3 March 1918 between the new Bolshevik government of Soviet Russia and the Central Powers (Germany, Austria-Hungary, Bulgaria, and Ottoman Empire), that ended Russia's participation in World War I. If there is anyone that lost world war one, it is U.S that should never take part in it. World war One saw 5 major empires in Europe broken or weaken. The british, Ottoman, German, French and Russian empire. Soviet Empire was still very active and powerful and it's the reason Germany attacked Soviet in WW2.

Here my personal observation is U.S pretty much supported Hitler against Soviets just the same way it's doing today. Via Proxy War/Hybride War/4th generation war. Hitler was pretty much U.S and Canada proxies in Europe. The same game in Syria as we speak. ISIS and the rest terrorists against Assad. The same way U.S supported Biafra against Nigeria. So U.S has History of backing the wrong to its advantage or geopolitcal goal of control via attacking it opponents. It's a fact.

It only ended world war one but german did not defeat any Russian one beat meaning non of the soldier managed to get to any Russian territory like in world war 2.

The World War I (July 28, 1914 – November 11, 1918) was centered in Europe, with the US “watching, and profiting from, the slow incineration of European civilization between 1914 and 1917.” When the European continent erupted in conflict in 1914, President Wilson declared America's neutrality.

“In eighteen months of war (with the most intense fighting concentrated in the summer of 1918), 116,000 Americans died. Scholars still debate whether US intervention was decisive, but in the end the war resulted in the collapse of four empires (Germany, Russia, Ottoman, Austria-Hungary) and the aggrandizement of two others (Britain and France) without resolving any of the central issues of dispute.”

The only one you are right is Japanese war. Russia lost yes I agree and it's one of the 3 I will list bellow.

Again let me lecture you

"Between 1700 and 1940 Russia/USSR fought in 34 wars and won 31 and in 392 battle and won 279. We could say that Russia won 91% of her wars and 71% of her battles. Russia's opponents included: Swedes, French, Germans, Turks, Poles, Tatars, Finns, Caucasians, Japanese, Chinese, Austrians, Hungarians, British, Italians and Central Asians."

Here are the 3 wars it lost
I would just add that Crimea was fought against what I call a "great ecumenical coalition" (including Anglican British, the Latin French and the Muslim Turks) which outnumbered the Russians by over 200'000 people (there was almost a MILLION "ecumenical attackers" for just over 700'00 Russian defenders. But yes, Russia did lose this one. ( WHo runs Crimea today ? Mind you Crimean penisular was taken back long time ago after the British, Ottoman and French controlled it, the Soviet empire took it back and was later illegally transfered to Ukraine Soviet)

Today, who runs Crimea ?

The Russian War against Japan
Did Russia lose the war against Japan? I would argue that the Russian Fleet sure was defeated by the Japanese Navy, but Japanese historians have a very different view of what happened and consider that Japan's military was spent by the time the peace treaty was drafted (by the Russian side, by the way) and that Japan had been forced to accept very bad terms. At the very least, I would call this one a draw.

The 3rd being RUssian Polish war
As for the Russian-Polish war, yes, the Soviet's lost this one badly. But look at the kind of Soviet Union we had in 1920: a country in the midst of a civil war, with many uprising taking place, with a "worker-farmer" "army" with no real officers and let by clueless commissars. So while the outcome was a defeat, the circumstances of that defeat are, I think, so unique as to be irrelevant.

But whatever the fine print and different views of the significance of individual outcomes, I think that these figures strongly suggest that attacking Russia is an exceedingly bad idea, even when only conventional wars are considered. Attacking Russia while she has the powerful nuclear arsenal on the planet is utter lunacy.

Let's hope that this short reminder will reach at least one of the crazies who think that playing a game of chicken with Russia is a sound policy and that the Russians will "blink first" impressed by the US/NATO military prowess.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: In Syria, Russia Defends Civilization – The West Sides With Barbarism by Missy89(f): 3:21am On May 15, 2016
scully95:

Olodo,
here he comes again. If no one knows anything now, he would quickly succumb to this un-informed, pentangon troll. The Treaty of Brest-Litovsk was a peace treaty signed on 3 March 1918 between the new Bolshevik government of Soviet Russia and the Central Powers (Germany, Austria-Hungary, Bulgaria, and Ottoman Empire), that ended Russia's participation in World War I. If there is anyone that lost world war one, it is U.S that should never take part in it. World war One saw 5 major empires in Europe broken or weaken. The british, Ottoman, German, French and Russian empire. Soviet Empire was still very active and powerful and it's the reason Germany attacked Soviet in WW2.

Here my personal observation is U.S pretty much supported Hitler against Soviets just the same way it's doing today. Via Proxy War/Hybride War/4th generation war. Hitler was pretty much U.S and Canada proxies in Europe. The same game in Syria as we speak. ISIS and the rest terrorists against Assad. The same way U.S supported Biafra against Nigeria. So U.S has History of backing the wrong to its advantage or geopolitcal goal of control via attacking it opponents. It's a fact.

It only ended world war one but german did not defeat any Russian one beat meaning non of the soldier managed to get to any Russian territory like in world war 2.

The World War I (July 28, 1914 – November 11, 1918) was centered in Europe, with the US “watching, and profiting from, the slow incineration of European civilization between 1914 and 1917.” When the European continent erupted in conflict in 1914, President Wilson declared America's neutrality.

“In eighteen months of war (with the most intense fighting concentrated in the summer of 1918), 116,000 Americans died. Scholars still debate whether US intervention was decisive, but in the end the war resulted in the collapse of four empires (Germany, Russia, Ottoman, Austria-Hungary) and the aggrandizement of two others (Britain and France) without resolving any of the central issues of dispute.”

The only one you are right is Japanese war. Russia lost yes I agree and it's one of the 3 I will list bellow.

Again let me lecture you

"Between 1700 and 1940 Russia/USSR fought in 34 wars and won 31 and in 392 battle and won 279. We could say that Russia won 91% of her wars and 71% of her battles. Russia's opponents included: Swedes, French, Germans, Turks, Poles, Tatars, Finns, Caucasians, Japanese, Chinese, Austrians, Hungarians, British, Italians and Central Asians."

Here are the 3 wars it lost
I would just add that Crimea was fought against what I call a "great ecumenical coalition" (including Anglican British, the Latin French and the Muslim Turks) which outnumbered the Russians by over 200'000 people (there was almost a MILLION "ecumenical attackers" for just over 700'00 Russian defenders. But yes, Russia did lose this one. ( WHo runs Crimea today ? Mind you Crimean penisular was taken back long time ago after the British, Ottoman and French controlled it, the Soviet empire took it back and was later illegally transfered to Ukraine Soviet)

Today, who runs Crimea ?

The Russian War against Japan
Did Russia lose the war against Japan? I would argue that the Russian Fleet sure was defeated by the Japanese Navy, but Japanese historians have a very different view of what happened and consider that Japan's military was spent by the time the peace treaty was drafted (by the Russian side, by the way) and that Japan had been forced to accept very bad terms. At the very least, I would call this one a draw.

The 3rd being RUssian Polish war
As for the Russian-Polish war, yes, the Soviet's lost this one badly. But look at the kind of Soviet Union we had in 1920: a country in the midst of a civil war, with many uprising taking place, with a "worker-farmer" "army" with no real officers and let by clueless commissars. So while the outcome was a defeat, the circumstances of that defeat are, I think, so unique as to be irrelevant.

But whatever the fine print and different views of the significance of individual outcomes, I think that these figures strongly suggest that attacking Russia is an exceedingly bad idea, even when only conventional wars are considered. Attacking Russia while she has the powerful nuclear arsenal on the planet is utter lunacy.

Let's hope that this short reminder will reach at least one of the crazies who think that playing a game of chicken with Russia is a sound policy and that the Russians will "blink first" impressed by the US/NATO military prowess.

Responding to you is always a waste of time.

1, The Russians were roundly defeated in the first world war by Germany. They lost polish Russia forever after that war. The treaty was so bad, people like Trostsky walked out and had to be persuaded agree to terms by his comrades and the fact that the German army was marching towards Petrograd. The only reason most of it wasn't enforced was because the US and the western allies defeated Germany on the western front.

You should go back and study history and you will know that the Russia empire lost about 30% of her territory after the first world war. Poland Russia, Estonia, Finland, Latvia, Lithuania, and Bessarabia.

2, The nonsense idea about Hitler being a western proxy lacks common sense. It was the Russians that collaborated with Hitler to carve up Poland and it was the Russian's rendering help to the German navy in the early stages of the war. Stalin was on record saying Britain started the war and not Germany and he even promised to aid Germany in future conflicts before Hitler turned on him

3, The half baked "fact" that Russia fought 392 battles from 1700-1940 is a VERY stup1d statement. The Eastern front of the first world war and the second alone(till 1940) had over 200 battles involving the Russians.

4, Japan totally defeated the Russians and lost control of Port Arthur. There was no draw. In fact, The Japaneses are the first Asian country to defeat an European power in battle

Lolz

2 Likes

Re: In Syria, Russia Defends Civilization – The West Sides With Barbarism by jnhmaxxwell: 3:38am On May 15, 2016
Missy89:

Responding to you is always a waste of time.

1[s], The Russians were roundly defeated in the first world war by Germany. They lost polish Russia forever after that war. The treaty was so bad, people like Trostsky walked out and had to be persuaded agree to terms by his comrades and the fact that the German army was marching towards Petrograd. The only reason most of it wasn't enforced was because the US and the western allies defeated Germany on the western front.

You should go back and study history and you will know that the Russia empire lost about 30% of her territory after the first world war. Poland Russia, Estonia, Finland, Latvia, Lithuania, and Bessarabia.

2, The nonsense idea about Hitler being a western proxy lacks common sense. It was the Russians that collaborated with Hitler to carve up Poland and it was the Russian's rendering help to the Germany navy in the early stages of the war. Stalin was on record saying Britain started the war and not Germany and he even promised to aid Germany in future conflicts before Hitler turned on him

3, The half backed idea that Russia fought 392 from 1700-1940 is again a stup1d statement. The Eastern front of the second world war alone had over 200 battles involving the Russians.

4, Japan totally defeated the Russians and lost control of Port Arthur. There was no draw. In fact, The Japaneses are the first Asian country to defeat an European power in battle
[/s]
Lolz

You know nothing about history. Just this video bellow confirmed what happened during that time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfosguuwTF4

Putin answered the lady very well and straight answer as expected of him. This is fact checking, Russia did not lose Word war one. You need to understand how the soviet works so Russia never lost world war one. Watch the video again and stop spreading lies and propaganda as usual. I am following this thread closely. You are mixing Russia Soviet with other Soviets. Scully95 is more accurate than you are about the War and Battles, you are counting just battles in world war 2. Scully is very right and if you count from world war 2 which is from 1939 to 1945, the number of battles here is just within 1 year which is not up to 200 as you claimed. The second world war started September, you are saying the battles within 3 or 4 months is over 200 Battles ?

Scully95 wrote "1700-1940" and you are speaking of World war 2 that started 1939-1945. You see that you are not smart by twisting facts as usual ? How much do they pay you for doing this fact twisting ?

Russia did not lose world war 1.

Now my question is, out of 34 wars Russia lost 3 wars and Angozionist Empire thinks he can win any war with Russians ? You that is backing the empire need to start talking to your fellow goons about Russians.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Syria, Russia Defends Civilization – The West Sides With Barbarism by Missy89(f): 3:47am On May 15, 2016
jnhmaxxwell:

[s]
You know nothing about history. Just this video bellow confirmed what happened during that time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfosguuwTF4

Putin answered the lady very well and straight answer as expected of him. This is fact checking, Russia did not lose Word war one. You need to understand how the soviet works so Russia never lost world war one. Watch the video again and stop spreading lies and propaganda as usual. I am following this thread closely. You are mixing Russia Soviet with other Soviets. Scully95 is more accurate than you are about the War and Battles, you are counting just battles in world war 2. Scully is very right and if you count from world war 2 which is from 1939 to 1945, the number of battles here is just within 1 year which is not up to 200 as you claimed.

Scully95 wrote "1700-1940" and you are speaking of World war 2 that started 1939-1945. You see that you are not smart by twisting facts as usual ? How much do they pay you for doing this fact twisting ?

Russia did not lose world war 1.

Now my question is, out of 34 wars Russia lost 3 wars and Angozionist Empire thinks he can win any war with Russians ? You that is backing the empire need to start talking to your fellow goons about Russians.
[/s]

I dont need to hear what Pootine has to say to clearly know for a fact that Russia DID NOT win the first world war.

I meant WW1/2. corrected! Now go and check the facts and come back

By the way, what is the difference between the Russia Soviet with other Soviets. Russia lost over 6 wars within that timeline. You should read about the Napoleonic Wars.

Scully is pulling stats out of his azz

2 Likes

Re: In Syria, Russia Defends Civilization – The West Sides With Barbarism by jnhmaxxwell: 4:20am On May 15, 2016
Missy89:

Stup1d Niggah.

I dont need to hear what Pootine has to say to clearly know for a fact that Russia DID NOT win the first world war.

I meant WW1/2. corrected! Now go and check the facts and come back

By the way, what is the difference between the Russia Soviet with other Soviets

Even without arguing with you because you know nothing. I have just countered you and you immediately accepted defeat. Let me even help you out with this simple use of sense or hypothesis to wash your illusive world completely.

If Germany Had Won World War 1 why do they still need to fight world war 2 ? You see that it does not make any sense, just watch the video to understand what really happened.

Again World war one to me is like nobody won and lost except the U.S that lost soldiers it should never participated in the first place it was just the pre-world war 2 which should be single in the first place.

Even the total number of battles in world war 1 is not up to 200 that you claimed. Anyone can use Google Chrome to visit the link https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_World_War_I_battles to confirm it.

After visiting, click Ctr+F a box will appear at the top right of the Chrome, type Battle there,it will show the total number of battles in world war 1. So your eastern battle is not up to 200 no matter how you try to twist it. The total battle is about 130 out of the 130, the eastern fronts were not up to 130. So where did you get your over 200 ?

For example "Second Battle of Krithia" The Battle of Eski Hissarlik took place on 1 May 1915 and was an attempt made by the Ottomans (Turks), commanded by Liman von Sanders to push Allied (British and French) troops back to the sea. Many like that happened and you can't count it.
So where did you get your over 200 ? Again you know nothing about wars and you should stop spreading lies. Fact still remain Russia won 71% of its battles. These are historical facts.

1 Like

Re: In Syria, Russia Defends Civilization – The West Sides With Barbarism by Missy89(f): 4:39am On May 15, 2016
jnhmaxxwell:

[s]Even without arguing with you because you know nothing. I have just countered you and you immediately accepted defeat. Let me even help you out with this simple use of sense or hypothesis to wash your illusive world completely.

If Germany Had Won World War 1 why do they still need to fight world war 2 ? You see that it does not make any sense, just watch the video to understand what really happened.

Again World war one to me is like nobody won and lost except the U.S that lost soldiers it should never participated in the first place it was just the pre-world war 2 which should be single in the first place.

Even the total number of battles in world war 1 is not up to 200 that you claimed. Anyone can use Google Chrome to visit the link https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_World_War_I_battles to confirm it.

After visiting, click Ctr+F a box will appear at the top right of the Chrome, type Battle there,it will show the total number of battles in world war 1. So your eastern battle is not up to 200 no matter how you try to twist it. The total battle is about 130 out of the 130, the eastern fronts were not up to 130. So where did you get your over 200 ?

For example "Second Battle of Krithia" The Battle of Eski Hissarlik took place on 1 May 1915 and was an attempt made by the Ottomans (Turks), commanded by Liman von Sanders to push Allied (British and French) troops back to the sea. Many like that happened and you can't count it.
So where did you get your over 200 ? Again you know nothing about wars and you should stop spreading lies. Fact still remain Russia won 71% of its battles. These are historical facts. [/s]

Lol grin

Wikipedia is your source? Are you really that dumb

I will give you three examples that blows your "prove" out of the water. Battle of Jastków is not you your Wikipedia list. That happened on the Eastern Front in July 1915, Battle of Konary in May 1915,The Kerensky Offensive in July 1917 not to mention the Persian campaign. I can keep going. Come back with another prove

I did not say Germany won the first world war. I said, Germany won the Eastern front of the first world war and imposed her conditions on the Russians. It didn't go into effect because she lot in the West. That said, The Russians lost a huge chunk of their territory in that war. Now that is a fact.

Since you decided to cite Wikipedia maybe this page will help you put the argument to rest.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wars_involving_Russia

2 Likes

Re: In Syria, Russia Defends Civilization – The West Sides With Barbarism by jnhmaxxwell: 4:51am On May 15, 2016
Missy89:

Lol grin

Wikipedia is your source? Are you really that dumb

I will give you one example that blows your "prove" out of the water. Battle of Jastków is not you your wikipedia list. That happened on the Eastern Front in July 1915, The Kerensky Offensive in July 1917 i can keep going. Come back with another prove

I did not say Germany won the first world war. I said, Germany won the Eastern front of the first world war and imposed her conditions on the Russians. It didnt go into effect because she lot in the West. That said, The Russians lost a huge chunk of their territory in that war. Now that is a fact.

The total number of battle in word war 1 is not up to 200 as you claimed and fact still remains Russia won 71% of its battle. I posted the Wiki for you because I know that is where you are getting your info from. Facts still remain World war 1 saw major Empires weakened or Broken.
Have you ever seen Germany celebrated any victory or anywhere writing that Germans won world war one ?

There is no point arguing with you because you have flawed twice. You can't back up anything you say. Just repeating hearsay. How many battles were in world war 1 altogether ? You said eastern front alone is more than 200. Most of the battles in World war one were mainly between ottoman Empire, British and French Empire. Only a few with Germany and Russian empire. It saw major empires broken. So where did you see your 200 in eastern front ?

World war two was a total defeat of Nazis empire by the same Soviets in which other forces joined when they saw Nazis were being pushed back by the Soviets. Again you are twisting facts. I can not continue arguing with a slowpoke that knows nothing about wars except hearsay.

Where did you see 200 battles ?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: In Syria, Russia Defends Civilization – The West Sides With Barbarism by Missy89(f): 4:56am On May 15, 2016
jnhmaxxwell:

The total number of battle in word war 1 is not up to 200 as you claimed and fact still remains Russia won 71% of its battle. I posted the Wiki for you because I know that is where you are getting your info from. Facts still remain World war 1 saw major Empires weakened or Broken.
Have you ever seen Germany celebrated any victory or anywhere writing that Germans won world war one ?

There is no point arguing with you because you have flawed twice. You can't back up anything you say. Just repeating hearsay. How many battles were in world war 1 altogether ? You said eastern front alone is more than 200. Most of the battles in World war one were mainly between ottoman Empire, British and French Empire. Only a few with Germany and Russian empire. It saw major empires broken. So where did you see your 200 in eastern front ?

World war two was a total defeat of Nazis empire by the same Soviets in which other forces joined when they saw Nazis were being pushed back by the Soviets. Again you are twisting facts. I can not continue arguing with a slowpoke that knows nothing about wars except hearsay.

Where did you see 200 battles ?

If i list 200 battles during ww1/2( till 1940) will you get on your knees and kiss my shoes? If you say yes i will give you a list. Stop quoting Wikipedia. That was really dumb. I just gave you a reason to doubt what is on there since the list was very incomplete.

It does not even include the Battle of Stalluponen ( One of the first conflict in the East)

2 Likes

Re: In Syria, Russia Defends Civilization – The West Sides With Barbarism by jnhmaxxwell: 5:20am On May 15, 2016
Missy89:

If i list 200 battles during ww1/2( till 1940) will you get on your knees and kiss my shoes? If you say yes i will give you a list. Stop quoting Wikipedia. That was really dumb. I just gave you a reason to doubt what is on there since the list was very incomplete.

Go back to where I started correcting you. "Between 1700 and 1940 Russia/USSR fought in 34 wars and won 31 and in 392 battle and won 279." Out of 392 battle and Russian won 279 battles. 71% of Russia's battles were won.

These are facts you cannot change if you like go to Neocons'hell and return. I have already countered you so anything you say is irrelevant. Again you were claiming Russia lost most of its territory to Germany, what happened to German-soviet-nonaggression-pact or Molotov–Ribbentrop Pact ? Russia lost Poland to Germany and Germany still invaded Poland. Does it make any sense to you ? If you speak of Treaty of Brest-Litovsk as a defeat to Russia what would you call German-soviet-nonaggression-pact or Molotov–Ribbentrop Pact ? Another defeat to Germany ?

Stop typing already because I won't reply you again. You lack any sense of argument.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: In Syria, Russia Defends Civilization – The West Sides With Barbarism by Missy89(f): 5:28am On May 15, 2016
jnhmaxxwell:

Go back to where I started correcting you. "Between 1700 and 1940 Russia/USSR fought in 34 wars and won 31 and in 392 battle and won 279." Out of 392 battle and Russian won 279 battles. 71% of Russia's battles were won.

These are facts you cannot change if you like go to Neocons'hell and return. I have already countered you so anything you say is irrelevant. Again you were claiming Russia lost most of its territory to Germany, what happened to German-soviet-nonaggression-pact or Molotov–Ribbentrop Pact ? Russia lost Poland to Germany and Germany still invaded Poland. Does it make any sense to you ? If you speak of Treaty of Brest-Litovsk as a defeat to Russia what would you call German-soviet-nonaggression-pact or Molotov–Ribbentrop Pact ? Another defeat to Germany ?

Stop typing already because I won't reply you again. you lack any sense of argument.

List the 279 battles won by Russia during that timeline.

Do you have any brain cells at all? I said Brest-Litovsk treaty DID NOT GO INTO EFFECT because Germany lost in the west. It is like speaking to a hopeless zombie. English too difficult for you to understand?.

Waiting for the list of the 279 battles the Russians won.

1900s alone

Russo-Japanese War (1904-1905)- Defeat
World War I -(1914-1918) - Defeat
Finnish Civil War (1918) Defeat
Latvian War of Independence (1918–1920) - Defeat
Lithuanian–Soviet War (1918–1919) - Defeat
Polish–Soviet War (1919–1921)- Defeat
Georgian-Ossetian Conflict (1918–1920) - Defeat

So where did you get the myth of 3 loses in 34? ( The Russians fought over 40 wars in that period by the way)

2 Likes

Re: In Syria, Russia Defends Civilization – The West Sides With Barbarism by ATkester: 5:33am On May 15, 2016
Wow @Missy89, I can see you are becoming more daring, gaining weight, (because I left you for a while), and throwing hard punches even to the point of cancelling other peoples posts, Thats nice. Well, I left you for a while because I was banned, but I am back full time, to give your big head what it truly deserves. Ugly thing.

@Johnmaxwelll and Scully95, the worst mistake you can make on Nairaland foreign affairs is to try to lecture or teach the duo of Missy89 and his gay partner ValerianSteel. These two things are not just only pathetic but also hyper imbecilic. So just spare your self the time and leave them. However, if you must reply them, make sure you begin with an insult.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: In Syria, Russia Defends Civilization – The West Sides With Barbarism by jnhmaxxwell: 5:54am On May 15, 2016
Missy89:

List the 279 battles won by Russia during that timeline.

Do you have any brain cells at all? I said Brest-Litovsk treaty DID NOT GO INTO EFFECT because Germany lost in the west. It is like speaking to a hopeless zombie. English too difficult for you to understand?.

Waiting for the list of the 279 battles the Russians won.

1900s alone

Russo-Japanese War (1904-1905)- Defeat
World War I -(1914-1918) - Defeat
Finnish Civil War (1918) Defeat
Latvian War of Independence (1918–1920) - Defeat
Lithuanian–Soviet War (1918–1919) - Defeat
Polish–Soviet War (1919–1921)- Defeat
Georgian-Ossetian Conflict (1918–1920) - Defeat

So where did you get the myth of 3 loses in 34? ( The Russians fought over 40 wars in that period by the way)

lol!! You are the funniest man in the world. Even Finnish Civil War, Russia is fighting Civil war with Finland ? Are you ok ? You see where you don't know anything. Mixing battle with War. Battle is just minor conflict between the two which usually ends very quickly. War is not the same thing with just minor conflict or battle.

You see now that you don't know anything. Hahahahahahaha Even Finish Civil war Russia is fighting Civil war with Finland ?? Hahahahaha Defeat lol. Conflict too is war Hahahahaha !!

Why did I waste so much time answering you ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: In Syria, Russia Defends Civilization – The West Sides With Barbarism by Missy89(f): 6:32am On May 15, 2016
jnhmaxxwell:

[s]lol!! You are the funniest man in the world. Even Finnish Civil War, Russia is fighting Civil war with Finland ? Are you ok ? You see where you don't know anything. Mixing battle with War. Battle is just minor conflict between the two which usually ends very quickly. War is not the same thing with just minor conflict or battle.

You see now that you don't know anything. Hahahahahahaha Even Finish Civil war Russia is fighting Civil war with Finland ?? Hahahahaha Defeat lol. Conflict too is war Hahahahaha !!

Why did I waste so much time answering you ?[/s]

You are laughing for no reason embarassed Brain overload? cry

You should educate yourself about the treaties signed in those conflicts. I am still waiting for your battle list from 1700-1940. Name those 294 or whatever battles. I dare you

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

This Is Not Africa's World Cup, But South Africa's / If Isreal Attacks Iran, Likely Scenario / Amazon Says It’s Permanently Banned 600 Chinese Brands For Review Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 195
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.