Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,837 members, 7,817,477 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:54 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 - Travel (174) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 (680467 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by hefhem39(m): 4:16pm On Jun 22, 2016
DareFadi:

You not only need to test both test , you must importantly have to study extremely hard and GET a high score. That is the only way to make up for a low GPA.

@DareFadi. I always love your response.
Pls, can I pm you.
spare me the little time. Thanks

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by DareFadi(f): 4:17pm On Jun 22, 2016
oluwafemikolade:
Hello House, I would like to hear your thought about Private Universities in the US. Does the US Embassy here in Nigeria recognises such universities, and approve visa for admitted students into the Graduate Program of such private university.
Thanks

When you mean private university in the US .......... That question ? or maybe you didnt state it clearly

Most of the top Universities in the US are Private Universities
MIT, Harvard, Stanford, Yale , Princeton, Howard, Columbia , CalTech University, U Penn , Emory to mention a few

They are recognized world wide and Lets pick one on the list Harvard - will VO approve visa for admitted students into the Graduate Program of such private university. ..... Ofcourse YES

Or do you mean those private NON accredited one-room school , if yes then O.Y.O ooo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by ymodulus1: 5:12pm On Jun 22, 2016
please is there anyone in the house that can put me through on the application for a US student visa that will have a work permit, i don't know where to start from in the process..i'm a novice in this, please i need someone i can pm to enlighten me...make God take perfect control of your life too and also thanks to the admin for creating an interactive forum like this.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by DareFadi(f): 5:18pm On Jun 22, 2016
ymodulus1:
the application for a US student visa that will have a work permit, .

It does not exist ....However on student visa u can work but it MUST be on campus job and not more than 20 hours a week during term time and maximum 40 holiday time

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by imperiouxx(m): 5:29pm On Jun 22, 2016
oluwafemikolade:
Hello House, I would like to hear your thought about Private Universities in the US. Does the US Embassy here in Nigeria recognises such universities, and approve visa for admitted students into the Graduate Program of such private university.
Thanks

So far it's regionally accredited, not currently in any probation and not solely online. Then you're good. Don't ask me how to know all this. Google and Wikipedia will tell you everything you need to know about any school.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jun 22, 2016
texrem:

i ve gained from this thread....I should reciprocate the good deeds i recieved
Congrats o and make sure you bring some Kpomo for us o.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by daaz001: 5:56pm On Jun 22, 2016
Good day everyone,

Please i want to help someone pay his application fee to one of the US schools, i need to know which of the Bank's Debit card that is still working to make the payment.
Thanks for your prompt response...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by mcselasie(m): 7:19pm On Jun 22, 2016
HELLO guys.
I have been refused 4 times based on financies, now I have a full scholarship with the same school. my SAT IS 1820. Any advice for my interview?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by biikeys(m): 7:26pm On Jun 22, 2016
DareFadi:

When you mean private university in the US .......... That question ? or maybe you didnt state it clearly

Most of the top Universities in the US are Private Universities
MIT, Harvard, Stanford, Yale , Princeton, Howard, Columbia , CalTech University, U Penn , Emory to mention a few

They are recognized world wide and Lets pick one on the list Harvard - will VO approve visa for admitted students into the Graduate Program of such private university. ..... Ofcourse YES

Or do you mean those private NON accredited one-room school , if yes then O.Y.O ooo

Did you just mention Howard as a top university? shocked
Anyways, VOs definitely know those top universities which is only a very small fraction of all private universities.

@oluwafemikolade
My guess will be you're talking about a not-too-well-known school...and the question would be why would you be willing to spend lots of thousands of dollars(if you don't have some scholarship),when you can get into a public uni and pay much less..Could it be because they grant admission to almost everybody that applies since they rely solely on student tuition and other private contributions?
Remember, the higher the contributions, the more funding/scholarships are available to students. Since this is typically tied to how 'recognized' a school is, 'under-the-table' private unis will be more willing to accept you as long as you have the money, even if you academic performance is not really up to par.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by akaymotus: 7:35pm On Jun 22, 2016
Dear all,
I have been following this thread and I must say u guys are great! Weldone and congrats to those that got their visa approved.

Please i want to make some enquiries and i need all the help I can get in terms of advice, I just received my I 20 but despite the fact that I wrote to defer my admission and got confirmation mail from the admission officer that my admission has been deferred to January, the I 20 i just received carries August 22 as my resumption date.
Should I inform the graduate office immediately or should I proceed with my visa application and then leave Nigeria in January if approved?
If I decide to go ahead with the visa application based on the I 20 i have now, will I have problem at the POE when entering the US in January?.

I will appreciate your quick response and advice.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by aadeyi: 7:44pm On Jun 22, 2016
akaymotus:
Dear all,
I have been following this thread and I must say u guys are great! Weldone and congrats to those that got their visa approved.

Please i want to make some enquiries and i need all the help I can get in terms of advice, I just received my I 20 but despite the fact that I wrote to defer my admission and got confirmation mail from the admission officer that my admission has been deferred to January, the I 20 i just received carries August 22 as my resumption date.
Should I inform the graduate office immediately or should I proceed with my visa application and then leave Nigeria in January if approved?
If I decide to go ahead with the visa application based on the I 20 i have now, will I have problem at the POE when entering the US in January?.

I will appreciate your quick response and advice.

To the best of my knowledge, I believe your I-20 was issued immediately after you were given admission into the school. The i-20 u received was issued before you deferred your admission and I believe your school will surely be issuing another one for you soon since they already accepted your application to defer.

All you need to do is just mail them and ask them when are they sendin your new i-20 that carries the Spring 2017 resumption date. You don't need to go for your visa interview now cos of that.

I hope this helps.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by DareFadi(f): 7:52pm On Jun 22, 2016
mcselasie:
HELLO guys.
I have been refused 4 times based on financies, now I have a full scholarship with the same school. my SAT IS 1820. Any advice for my interview?

So many other answers are needed to direct you properly

Who refused you 4 times. The embassy or the school. When were you refused . What the intervals and how long ago .
How old are since its Sat undergrad or more importantly when did u leave high school till now
Is the school ranked ok and what degree

Best to go through frequently asked questions here do a transcript and share with some people (offline ) and hopefully u get some good feedback
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by jatsay001: 7:56pm On Jun 22, 2016
You can try GTB card

daaz001:
Good day everyone,

Please i want to help someone pay his application fee to one of the US schools, i need to know which of the Bank's Debit card that is still working to make the payment.
Thanks for your prompt response...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by DareFadi(f): 7:58pm On Jun 22, 2016
biikeys:

Did you just mention Howard as a top university? shocked

grin grin grin grin.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by akaymotus: 8:07pm On Jun 22, 2016
aadeyi:

To the best of my knowledge, I believe your I-20 was issued immediately after you were given admission into the school. The i-20 u received was issued before you deferred your admission and I believe your school will surely be issuing another one for you soon since they already accepted your application to defer.

All you need to do is just mail them and ask them when are they sendin your new i-20 that carries the Spring 2017 resumption date. You don't need to go for your visa interview now cos of that.

I hope this helps.

Thank you for the quick response.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by aadeyi: 8:10pm On Jun 22, 2016
akaymotus:

Thank you for the quick response.

Let's give the thanks to God wink grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Angelapinkytoes(f): 8:17pm On Jun 22, 2016
All those who sent me mails,I replied your mails;I've been pretty busy,I have a life so had no time for Nairaland. And those who quoted me talking sh*t,I don't have any reply for y'all cause you don't know me or my life. I don't live in the negative life,I love the peace of the thread and would not like to derail it.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dannybrown19: 8:34pm On Jun 22, 2016
Rheenah:

Wow. When was that? Even with the work program u still pay $5k ...
I wanna knoe, if a new i20 is sent to me will the sevis id be the same? Bc i want to pay my sevis fee and all.
I sent you a PM, check your mail
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Davidhero(m): 8:36pm On Jun 22, 2016
Baba Mi DickOfLife, its been long u posted here ooo ... What Append? undecided

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by aadeyi: 8:44pm On Jun 22, 2016
Davidhero:
Baba Mi DickOfLife, its been long u posted here ooo ... What Append? undecided

Alaye dey Justwise kirikiri.... cooling off grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by lionlee216(m): 8:55pm On Jun 22, 2016
jatsay001:
You can try GTB card

GTB Savings or Current account?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Davidhero(m): 8:59pm On Jun 22, 2016
aadeyi:

Alaye dey Justwise kirikiri.... cooling off grin cheesy
I can't laugh.... Sips Soya Beans.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by bukunmmy(m): 9:04pm On Jun 22, 2016
Glory to Almighty God for the appointed day (20th June, 2016) arrived embassy 5:30am. Checked in 6:10am . After all the almighty screening, I was the 27th person on queue.

Now the show begins

VO: Good morning
ME: morning ma'am

VO: Can I have your documents please (I:20, SEVIS confirmation with passport)
ME: I passed it to her (She was typing and looked up to me and asked)

VO: How did you hear about this School
ME: This school was introduced to me by a senior colleague who finished from there two years ago with the help of google search I took a look at the school website and I contact Prof Sarah Gardner concerning the ongoing research work at the department... VO cut

VO: Ok, what is International Global Communication
Me: Just told her what comes to my mind that time but try to include communication while talking... she cut me again

VO: What course will you be doing in your first year
Me: Advanced Introduction to Communication Theories, Advanced Intercultural Communication, New Media and Information Management she Cut me again

VO: I can see you got $4,000 from School what makes you qualify for it.
Me: The School was Inspired by my previous academic performance and the Statement of Purpose I sent to them.

VO: What was the content of the Statement of Purpose that Inspired
Me: That is how I started to tell her the important of the Masters and what it will benefit me after I finished (she now nod her Head)

VO: What will this Course do for you
Me: This course will equip me with required Skills and expertise to understand the Role of Media on Nation Security System which will help me to contribute my quota to the fight against insurgency in Nigeria.... she cut me

VO: Who is paying for this trip
Me: My Mother

VO: What will you do after you graduate
ME: I intend to come home and utilize the knowledge and research skills have acquired from the School and work with Federal Ministry of Information to contribute my quota to the fight against insurgency in Nigeria she cut in

VO: How will you do this (then, she typed like no tomorrow)
Me: By sensitising the Nigeria citizen about the nature of the security of the nation through publicity

VO: When did you finish your undergraduate
Me: I said at University of Olabisi ( I no hear her very well)

VO: she repeat her self
ME: June 2014

VO: what have you been doing since then
ME: I went for one year compulsory Youth service in November 2014 which ended in November 2015, afterwards I join Oke Ogun Community Newspaper as a News reporter attached to Oyo State Governor's office reporting Governor daily activity. She cut me her

VO: Have you travel out before
Me: No.... I have no reason to

VO: your visa has been approved then she returned my I-20 and SEVIS confirmation to me that I will need it at POE and wished me successful trip to the US with the white slip to pickup my passport at the circle location.

NOTE: No document(s) was asked

I was filled with Joy.............. Sorry for the late transcript I had to attend to some official assignments which warranty me no access to Internet

Thanks to the GURUS on this thread, your help has been a valuable contribution to this successful transcript.

Profound gratitude to the deserving folks @Lionlee216, Don4ye, holudarey01 Worriboy21 and Halidaf you guys are wonderful.
Not forgetting my fiance for the love and care she showed me... You're the best

12 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by biikeys(m): 9:20pm On Jun 22, 2016
Angelapinkytoes:
All those who sent me mails,I replied your mails;I've been pretty busy,I have a life so had no time for Nairaland. And those who quoted me talking sh*t,I don't have any reply for y'all cause you don't know me or my life. I don't live in the negative life,I love the peace of the thread and would not like to derail it.

shocked
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by lionlee216(m): 9:27pm On Jun 22, 2016
bukunmmy:
Glory to Almighty God for the appointed day (20th June, 2016) arrived embassy 5:30am. Checked in 6:10am . After all the almighty screening, I was the 27th person on queue.

Now the show begins

VO: Good morning
ME: morning ma'am

VO: Can I have your documents please (I:20, SEVIS confirmation with passport)
ME: I passed it to her (She was typing and looked up to me and asked)

VO: How did you hear about this School
ME: This school was introduced to me by a senior colleague who finished from there two years ago with the help of google search I took a look at the school website and I contact Prof Sarah Gardner concerning the ongoing research work at the department... VO cut

VO: Ok, what is International Global Communication
Me: Just told her what comes to my mind that time but try to include communication while talking... she cut me again

VO: What course will you be doing in your first year
Me: Advanced Introduction to Communication Theories, Advanced Intercultural Communication, New Media and Information Management she Cut me again

VO: I can see you got $4,000 from School what makes you qualify for it.
Me: The School was Inspired by my previous academic performance and the Statement of Purpose I sent to them.

VO: What was the content of the Statement of Purpose that Inspired
Me: That is how I started to tell her the important of the Masters and what it will benefit me after I finished (she now nod her Head)

VO: What will this Course do for you
Me: This course will equip me with required Skills and expertise to understand the Role of Media on Nation Security System which will help me to contribute my quota to the fight against insurgency in Nigeria.... she cut me

VO: Who is paying for this trip
Me: My Mother

VO: What will you do after you graduate
ME: I intend to come home and utilize the knowledge and research skills have acquired from the School and work with Federal Ministry of Information to contribute my quota to the fight against insurgency in Nigeria she cut in

VO: How will you do this (then, she typed like no tomorrow)
Me: By sensitising the Nigeria citizen about the nature of the security of the nation through publicity

VO: When did you finish your undergraduate
Me: I said at University of Olabisi ( I no hear her very well)

VO: she repeat her self
ME: June 2014

VO: what have you been doing since then
ME: I went for one year compulsory Youth service in November 2014 which ended in November 2015, afterwards I join Oke Ogun Community Newspaper as a News reporter attached to Oyo State Governor's office reporting Governor daily activity. She cut me her

VO: Have you travel out before
Me: No.... I have no reason to

VO: your visa has been approved then she returned my I-20 and SEVIS confirmation to me that I will need it at POE and wished me successful trip to the US with the white slip to pickup my passport at the circle location.

NOTE: No document(s) was asked

I was filled with Joy.............. Sorry for the late transcript I had to attend to some official assignments which warranty me no access to Internet

Thanks to the GURUS on this thread, your help has been a valuable contribution to this successful transcript.

Profound gratitude to the deserving folks @Lionlee216, Don4ye, holudarey01 Worriboy21 and Halidaf you guys are wonderful.
Not forgetting my fiance for the love and care she showed me... You're the best

Congrats and enjoy your stay in Obamaland.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by monsieur2016(m): 9:27pm On Jun 22, 2016
Congrats @bukunmmy

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by gentledoj(m): 9:54pm On Jun 22, 2016
Good day,

Any idea or info about this school in US....,. North Carolina Central University (NCCU)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by acadollar(m): 10:11pm On Jun 22, 2016
Funjosh:

That if you guys will stop referring people back to the previous parts where they don't even know where to start from.
You're not serious, I read almost the whole of Canada thread in 2014, I read USA thread.
When u serious, your body go tell u

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by acadollar(m): 10:11pm On Jun 22, 2016
Funjosh:

That if you guys will stop referring people back to the previous parts where they don't even know where to start from.
You're not serious, I read almost the whole of Canada thread in 2014, I read USA thread.
When u dey seroius about Visa, your body go tell u

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jun 22, 2016
acadollar:

When u dey seroius about Visa, your body go tell u
what's up. Are you still in ATL? If you still have my number you can call me. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by acadollar(m): 10:31pm On Jun 22, 2016
slimmy2005:
what's up. Are you still in ATL? If you still have my number you can call me. Thanks
No bro, I left, I'll pm u

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) ... (402)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.