Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:27 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 (677726 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by NairaSea23: 10:13am On May 14, 2016
brawnmoney:

Leaving your kids behind could place you in an unspeakable situation when asked by the V.O
Believe me I'd advice you to just go single.

I've been thinking about this for sometime now. My family is not going with me for two reasons, 1. My wife is obviously pregnant and 2. Her place of work won't give her leave considering the fact that she will soon take her maternity leave. So in this case what should one say If face with the question why living your family behind?

I have ask the the international student office to include them as dependents in my I 20 but they said no need since they are not going for interview with me, that they will be issued with F2 I 20 when they are ready to go for their interview. Is this ok?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dickoflife(m): 11:32am On May 14, 2016
brawnmoney:

Leaving your kids behind could place you in an unspeakable situation when asked by the V.O
Believe me I'd advice you to just go single.
i already filled ds 160 and booked appointment cant be changed. besides am like 30 ish so why wont i have kids or home ties. if ur the vo and i apply as a 30 ish guy with an intent to study. just got house and car with no family back home wont u fink i wanna run away? i didnt put married so as to be able to adjust status if need be but i would rather not go than deny my kids. they are my joy.

8 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dickoflife(m): 11:34am On May 14, 2016
NairaSea23:

I've been thinking about this for sometime now. My family is not going with me for two reasons, 1. My wife is obviously pregnant and 2. Her place of work won't give her leave considering the fact that she will soon take her maternity leave. So in this case what should one say If face with the question why living your family behind?

I have ask the the international student office to include them as dependents in my I 20 but they said no need since they are not going for interview with me, that they will be issued with F2 I 20 when they are ready to go for their interview. Is this ok?
they are correct. dont worry its fine. no matter what its all cinjecture. if you go to the i terview they might not even ask.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by happney65: 2:26pm On May 14, 2016
don4ye:

Wow wow .. You belong to MFM?

Yes,he belongs to a Fire Fire church... grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by amanze15(m): 3:01pm On May 14, 2016
imperiouxx:

You dey see sceneries while driving on highway? You must be a slow driver.
you don't want to travel with a geologist grin grin grin we are never in a haste

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by lazywriter: 3:13pm On May 14, 2016
Obamaland in a few days

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dickoflife(m): 3:37pm On May 14, 2016
hiuse abeg answer dis question. will a vo deny u visa cus u have kids and engaged cus he thinks u go run comot? na wetin i dey hear i ask o...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by exxy(m): 3:57pm On May 14, 2016
New thread, more success stories.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 4:06pm On May 14, 2016
dickoflife:
hiuse abeg answer dis question. will a vo deny u visa cus u have kids and engaged cus he thinks u go run comot? na wetin i dey hear i ask o...

Why would they deny someone for that? Having kids and wife/fiance should even be a plus as it's a humongous home tie.

Abeg lets stop worrying ourselves over things like this. Just present your situation as it is. Every case is judged separately.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 4:07pm On May 14, 2016
exxy:
New thread, more success stories.

Exxy my main man!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dickoflife(m): 4:10pm On May 14, 2016
Fortissimo:

Why would they deny someone for that? Having kids and wife/fiance should even be a plus as it's a humongous home tie.

Abeg lets stop worrying ourselves over things like this. Just present your situation as it is. Every case is judged separately.
bros formula 1 na so i see am but when people dey talk one tin two tin i say make i ask you as a guru.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Ugoebuka47: 4:11pm On May 14, 2016
Bro pls can I have ur number,I want to ask u something
Holudarey01:
We go soon overtake canny
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 4:12pm On May 14, 2016
dickoflife:
LOL cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 4:16pm On May 14, 2016
dickoflife:
bros formula 1 na so i see am but when people dey talk one tin two tin i say make i ask you as a guru.

Lol na so. Imperiouxx posted the definition of home ties a while back...I believe all intending visa applicants should take a good look it. Having immediate family back home is a home tie. Probably one of the greatest ties along with job, etc.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Ugoebuka47: 4:20pm On May 14, 2016
Please house can you get your statement of account like a month before interview?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 4:22pm On May 14, 2016
Ugoebuka47:
Please house can you get your statement of account like a month before interview?

I think so. What's the problem? You think a month is too far back?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Ugoebuka47: 4:27pm On May 14, 2016
Yes I think it's too far back
Fortissimo:

I think so. What's the problem? You think a month is too far back?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by worry359(m): 4:30pm On May 14, 2016
Ugoebuka47:

You must defend why you could not get a fresh statement close to your interview.
The first thing the VO will think is old statement, money not there now!
They will check that the account is still valid so no tricks!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Ugoebuka47: 4:32pm On May 14, 2016
Ok bro,thanks but d problem is my broda is traveling out and he might not be around dat period
worry359:

You must defend why you could not get a fresh statement close to your interview.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 4:36pm On May 14, 2016
worry359:

Hmm no be small tin. But schools accept statements as old as 6 months. Guess embassy is stricter. Maybe Angelapinkytoes who presented bank statements recently can let us know how old her statements were.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 4:43pm On May 14, 2016
Ugoebuka47:
Bro pls can I have ur number,I want to ask u something
sent u a pm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Senatorbee(m): 4:50pm On May 14, 2016
pls won't this strike threat by the NLC and TUC affect already booked appointment dates
or the US embassy operates during strike.
pls I need clarification
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 5:00pm On May 14, 2016
Senatorbee:
pls won't this strike threat by the NLC and TUC affect already booked appointment dates
or the US embassy operates during strike.
pls I need clarification
No.
NLC threat no reach US embassy.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by justwise(m): 5:01pm On May 14, 2016
Ugoebuka47:

You don't need one for US visa interview, if they need you to present one you be asked to bring it another day.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 5:04pm On May 14, 2016
justwise:

You don't need one for US visa interview, if they need you to present one you be asked to bring it another day.
I think what he's asking is bank statement VOs ask during interview to show sponsorship.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dickoflife(m): 5:05pm On May 14, 2016
worry359:

i have a 3 months old statement and its gud to go. i am sure like 9 million dey d account so u no fear. just be sure the person has enough like a fixed amount each month. my statement has like 20 million each month. so if dey concfirm no wahala
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by justwise(m): 5:09pm On May 14, 2016
Ugoebuka47:

Holudarey01:

I think what he's asking is bank statement VOs ask during interview to show sponsorship.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by brawnmoney(m): 5:17pm On May 14, 2016
Alafia!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by justwise(m): 5:29pm On May 14, 2016
NairaSea23:

If asked tell them exactly that! You have a very genuine reason to leave them behind.

Don't try to lie or cooked up stories.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by justwise(m): 5:32pm On May 14, 2016
brawnmoney:

Ease your mind brother, they may not even ask you as mentioned by brother (dickoflife),
But if them ask: tell them your wife and you has been managing your laundry business for the past 7 years, with your absences you're very certain that she could manage it efficiently.

I'll also advice you to go for MFM Power must change hand program, do it Fire Fire! grin

Its funny how you managed to say those two in the same sentence.

Its not hard to see why Nigeria is in a mess despite numerous churches in Nigeria and number of people that call the name of God daily.

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by brawnmoney(m): 5:34pm On May 14, 2016
dickoflife:
i have a 3 months old statement and its gud to go. i am sure like 9 million dey d account so u no fear. just be sure the person has enough like a fixed amount each month. my statement has like 20 million each month. so if dey concfirm no wahala

Yes!, three months old statement is cool with the fact that it's genuine.
Infact psychologically older statement has upper hand than new one, it's assumed that you're a serious student.
The likely question, and answer is:

V.O; Your statement looks old
Y.A: Oh yeah, my Dad gave it to me before he left for his trip to Europe.
V.O: Oh really?
Y.O: Yes ma'am/Yes Sir.
V.O: When is he coming back?
Y.A: He will be back before my travel to the US.

Remember Americans do like too much Talk. >>>Best of lucks!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by justwise(m): 5:39pm On May 14, 2016
brawnmoney:

Yes!, three months old statement is cool with the fact that it's genuine.
Infact psychologically older statement has upper hand than new one, it's assumed that you're a serious student.
The likely question, and answer is:

V.O; Your statement looks old
Y.A: Oh yeah, my Dad gave it to me before he left for his trip to Europe.
V.O: Oh really?
Y.O: Yes ma'am/Yes Sir.
V.O: When is he coming back?
Y.A: He will be back before my travel to the US

Remember Americans do like too much Talk. >>>Best of lucks!

..and you are pretty sure that that is how the interview question will turn out?

What do you think that might have happened to that bank account since the bank statement was printed 3months ago?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (402)

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.