Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,272 members, 7,836,225 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 - Travel (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 (684349 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by happney65: 8:25am On May 20, 2016
The thread don make sense now...Decorum all over..Halleluyah someborri...paddy mi wallspring..U seeing this? grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by gunther6(m): 8:38am On May 20, 2016
Bobority:

nope, U?

I tracked the passport from the CGI website, it is still at the consulate
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Bobority: 8:40am On May 20, 2016
gunther6:

Ok same ere
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by don4ye: 8:42am On May 20, 2016
@ CBNL2014 congrats
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 8:53am On May 20, 2016
AgreatMan:

@gunther and fortissimo. Thanks for looking out for a brother, I was contacted by Mack IV even before walspring spotted them online. I was hoping things will be cleared before I made further comments on the issue. Thank you all.

Ok let's see how things go. If he scammed you he deserves to be shutdown and put in prison.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by kayzoner70(m): 8:59am On May 20, 2016
pepe4reps:
where you given fund or scholarship?
Nahh, i wasnt. Thats quite competitive for new students in the school
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by kayzoner70(m): 9:01am On May 20, 2016
imperiouxx:

Cheers!
Big thanks, Brother!✌
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by kayzoner70(m): 9:05am On May 20, 2016
@CBNL2014 Congratz! Wish you all the best in your future Endeavours!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 9:18am On May 20, 2016
@CBNL2014 congrats
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by yankison(m): 9:57am On May 20, 2016
gunther6:
I want to use this opportunity to pray for dickoflife( however inappropriate the name may sound) . Oh God that created the heaven and the earth go before him and make the crooked way straight before him, let him come back singing in Jesus name.

As a way of celebrating my Visa I will NOT be uploading recharge card like warriboy21. I am still thinking of what to do. I am thinking along the line of helping a needy member of the house with GRE and/or TOEFL. The modalities are still been worked out. It will be GRE and TOEFL should dickoflife get his Visa tomorrow. You need it? Get on your knees and pray for 'dicko'

Congratulations , Well bro if are going to be giving the toefl out , that mean i am the first member on your list .... Promise is a debt o , and please its june intake ,.. God bless you in Obamaland we shall see
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by lionlee216(m): 10:02am On May 20, 2016
gunther6:
I want to use this opportunity to pray for dickoflife( however inappropriate the name may sound) . Oh God that created the heaven and the earth go before him and make the crooked way straight before him, let him come back singing in Jesus name.

As a way of celebrating my Visa I will NOT be uploading recharge card like warriboy21. I am still thinking of what to do.

grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin cheesy cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by cutemorgan(m): 10:04am On May 20, 2016
CBNL2014:
Visa Approved yesterday morning - 6.30am appointment
VO: She looked at her screen for about 40secs (Which looked like 30mins to me) and said your visa has been approved.

Congrats boss... Better days ahead
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 10:33am On May 20, 2016
gunther6:

Whether he fixes it or not that does not change the fact that the exam bounced not once but twice. One also wonders why he could not address the so called 'allegations' here, My God I would have relished it.

He contacted him but it bounced back three times..

Hmmmm.... I no fit laugh...

Maybe he explained to justwise why it was bounced back three times in a row...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 10:36am On May 20, 2016
happney65:
The thread don make sense now...Decorum all over..Halleluyah someborri...paddy mi wallspring..U seeing this? grin

Viewing it via HD
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 10:37am On May 20, 2016
gunther6:

Lol... Just expect an email from them today..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by gunther6(m): 10:48am On May 20, 2016
Walspring:

He contacted him but it bounced back three times..

Hmmmm.... I no fit laugh...

Maybe he explained to justwise why it was bounced back three times in a row...

Walspring no go kill person o grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by pattyreal(f): 11:04am On May 20, 2016
Pls who is studying Ms in MIS or Information system or health informatics in Texas or Atlanta or Alabama. These are my choice States. what are your reviews?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by CBNL2014: 11:51am On May 20, 2016
don4ye:
@ CBNL2014 congrats
cutemorgan:

cutemorgan:

kayzoner70:
@CBNL2014 Congratz! Wish you all the best in your future Endeavours!
gunther6:

Congratulations, she was already set on your denial before you mentioned your UK masters degree, to the house don't because CBNL got his without exams you too should carry your head and go to embassy without standardized test. Congratulations bro, enjoy Nebraska

Holudarey01:
@CBNL2014 congrats
Thank you guys. I also want to thank @monsieur2016 and @immertoll who encouraged and motivated me. You guys are wonderful.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by zeezahbee(f): 12:04pm On May 20, 2016
pattyreal:
Pls who is studying Ms in MIS or Information system or health informatics in Texas or Atlanta or Alabama. These are my choice States. what are your reviews?
you can try texas Southern university in houston. they have a good HIM program

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by gunther6(m): 12:08pm On May 20, 2016
Where is dickoflife, his number is switched off
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 12:14pm On May 20, 2016
gunther6:

Walspring no go kill person o grin grin

Lol.. No be so...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by gunther6(m): 12:15pm On May 20, 2016
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by don4ye: 12:22pm On May 20, 2016
gunther6:
Where is dickoflife, his number is switched off
He de hot sit
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by zeezahbee(f): 12:22pm On May 20, 2016
CBNL2014:
Visa Approved yesterday morning - 6.30am appointment
No GMAT, No GRE, No Toefl. . My fears all along were this standardized test which I did not write because I have heard it boost ones chances of getting a visa.
I was interviewed by the lady in Window 2 ( you get mind oo) big risk embarassed
Me: Good morning
VO: Hello (With a straight face).
VO: Where are you going to in the US?
Me: I am going to University of Nebraska at Kearney
VO: What is your course of study?
Me: I am pursuing a Masters degree in Business Administration with concentration in General Management
VO: Who is sponsoring?
Me: My Dad
VO: What does he do? (She was typing very fast on her system) (THIS moment she think she will decodes ,she will deny you)
Me: He is a Financial Marketing Consultant to X (Big Financial Institution). He also retired as a Deputy Director from the same institution.
VO: Did you write any standardized test (A question I was expecting)
Me: No, My admission was based on my past academic performances and my years of professional work experience which had leadership career progression. (I have worked in two different places within the last 5 years)
VO: What did you study in school?
Me: I studied Mechanical Engineering at University of Ilorin and I have a Masters degree in Engineering control systems and instrumentation from University of Huddersfield in the United Kingdom (she raised her head up the first time to look at me in the face; I looked into her eyes too since I have nothing to hide lol). ( she looks you say this guy dey Jonz. I for deny you now but you don go UK before
VO: Why MBA?
Me: I want to pursue a master’s degree in Business administration so as to acquire managerial skills and advance into a senior engineering and management position in the organization I work. (I intentionally kept my answer short). good answer bro
VO: How many schools did you apply to?
Me: I applied to three schools. University of Nebraska, Kearney, University of Nevada at Reno and Bowie State University, Bowie Maryland.
VO: What courses would you be offering?
Me: (I envisaged they could ask during my preparation so i knew all the courses already) Leadership and Organizational behaviour, Operation Management, Strategic analysis and decision making, Financial administration, Integrated Capstone experience, Financial accounting (I went blank of the rest at this point) she asked this question waiting for you to flop and she denies you but you flow well
VO: Where do you work?
Me: I work for X (Small Company) and I am the head of projects and procurement.
VO: How big is your company?
Me: We have total staff strength of 60 (I stuttered a bit because I was not expecting this kind of question)
VO: Where do you intend to stay in the USA?
Me: I intend staying at Mantor Hall complex, University of Nebraska at Kearney
VO: Looking at her screen, how come you were denied a visa to UK in 2012 despite you did your graduate study there (She took my passport and flipped through to the page where the date was stamped)
Me: (Another question that hit me unaware, no single visa on the passport I gave her except denial visa stamp). I was informed that I did not include my statement of account despite it was supposed to be a sponsored trip and I was told to reapply. But ever since then, I have had no reason to reapply. she could still deny you at this point if you say something that doesn't make sense.The lady was obviously not approving it
VO: How did you find out about the school?
Me: The school was recommended to me by a senior colleague I worked with while in X (Oil Multinational). He also did his graduate studies at University of Nebraska. (For my mind, I say this interview no go finish today) this was the beginning of real interview. all those other questions were drills for denial THIS should have been the 2nd question if she wanted to approve you
VO: How long did you stay in the UK?
Me: I was in UK for a period of 2years before I came back to Nigeria. ( ok she think, make I approve this guy make he no curse me. I don drill am finish
VO: She looked at her screen for about 40secs (Which looked like 30mins to me) and said your visa has been approved.

I wrote something in front so people can get an overview of what was going on. I still believe you can convince a VO to approve you if you keep giving steady and sensible answers. Be confident and don't blab. THE guy already knew he was probably getting a deNial but he stayed on point with his answers.

This is one of those steady interview I have read here, the guy kept flowing even when the interview was getting long. GIve the VO a reason to give you the visa.

scholarship, exams , statement of account etc doesn't get you the approval. YOUR confidence and voice earns you. as much as we work on getting exams and funding, let's work on our smartness et la confiance

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 12:31pm On May 20, 2016
It's now a year exactly a year that I lost my very dear friend Opeyemi Fashola aka Gr8ever (May 20th, 2015) but exactly two years that you got your US student visa. (May 20th, 2014)

I am thinking about those days but at the same time I imagine how I go bitter for a whole day and how the struggling dictate, my brother we really set the pace and we all came in to scale through the big gate of SAT on 5th of October 2013 where I met you in person for the first time..

I must let the whole world know that I and others miss you and every moment we spent together especially on every first Saturday of the every month...

Rest in perfect peace

Now I see you in a better place (see you in a better)

In WIZ KHALIFA song.

It's been a long day without you, my friend
And I'll tell you all about it when I see you again.
We've come a long way from where we began, Oh, I'll tell you all about it when I see you again
When I see you again
(Hey)

14 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by zeezahbee(f): 12:35pm On May 20, 2016
Walspring:
It's now a year exactly a year that I lost my very dear friend Opeyemi Fashola aka Gr8ever (May 20th, 2015) but exactly two years that you got your US student visa. (May 20th, 2014)

Rest in perfect peace

Now I see you in a better place

REST in peace gr8ever. This life sha. Ile aye. After all the struggle to get things right, visa wahala etc. Death was obviously smiling and ready to grab.

Even Quran says Every soul shall taste death.
In french....chaque âme goûtera la mort
in Spanish ..Toda alma deberá probar la muerte

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by happney65: 12:36pm On May 20, 2016
Walspring:

I am thinking about those days but at the same time I imagine how I go bitter for a whole day and how the struggling dictate, my brother we really set the pace and we all came in to scale through the big gate of SAT on 5th of October 2013 where I met you in person for the first time..

I must let the whole world know that I and others miss you and every moment we spent together especially on every first Saturday of the every month...

Rest in perfect peace

In WIZ KHALIFA voice.

We've come a long way from where we began, Oh, I'll tell you all about it when I see you again
When I see you again
(Hey)

My broda is going Philosophical...May the Soul of the Departed rest in Peace...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by cseejhay: 12:38pm On May 20, 2016
Walspring:

Rest in perfect peace

In WIZ KHALIFA song.

When I see you again
(Hey)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by cseejhay: 12:39pm On May 20, 2016
Walspring:

Rest in perfect peace

In WIZ KHALIFA voice.

When I see you again
(Hey)

touching....may his soul rest in peace.this walspring won me over....i like ur person....great humour!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by gunther6(m): 12:42pm On May 20, 2016
Walspring:

Rest in perfect peace

In WIZ KHALIFA song.

When I see you again
(Hey)

All in all whether you get a visa or not, travel or not, rich or not, in the end it all counts for nothing. Travel well gr8ever #ValarMorghulis
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by mevisbleek: 12:46pm On May 20, 2016
Omg, Thank God. My wife's F1 was approved today at 9am Abuja Consulate. Will post her short transcript when I wake up.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by gunther6(m): 12:52pm On May 20, 2016
mevisbleek:
Omg, Thank God. My wife's F1 was approved today at 9am Abuja Consulate. Will post her short transcript when I wake up.

Oya chop knuckle wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (402)

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.