Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,171 members, 7,815,102 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:18 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 - Travel (388) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 (679805 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dicapino: 3:03am On Aug 10, 2016
Touchdown yankee...I still dey..shock. ..will provide a cool transcript when I Don through

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by malory84: 3:39am On Aug 10, 2016
Lol @dicapino wetin come shock you na . @sureboy what an interesting transcript. Did you indulge in readin novels growing up? The way you write though, you make all imiaginative senses come alive. Welcome to America for all those who just got in,and safe flight to all of us still prepping to go.

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by exxy(m): 3:39am On Aug 10, 2016
ngkessy:
what do I do please. answer I gave I thought it was enough to demonstrate that I have a financial backup for my studies even they didn't even request for any of my documents. I read further about the denial under section 214b were I was found ineligible, I could hardly understand where my mistake was coming from, that's why I'm even more confused
send me a pm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by 7rewards: 3:59am On Aug 10, 2016
LagosismyHome:

sorry about your visa delay
lol........ you funny ooo. You aimed very high to pick Cornell an Ivy league school from community college . Do you have any idea how competitive it is to enter Cornell. It is possible but you have to be very good .

You say you were given admission to Cornell , Really shocked ....... .

Cornell is a glorified Ivy league. You can easily get accepted if you are self sponsored unlike other ivy leagues.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by xross(m): 4:54am On Aug 10, 2016
LagosismyHome:

I grew up knowing about letter of invitation but on Nairaland this question has been asked several times to both VO on this site and they have both said they do not look at letter on invitation. Let me go look for the exact quote and post

Thanks a lot
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by nikiihardehx(f): 6:39am On Aug 10, 2016
[quote author=sureb0y post=48302875][/quote] one of the best write ups so far. expecting more
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by bbdd: 6:39am On Aug 10, 2016
sureb0y:
Hi guys. lol. more positive reactions. See as my pms full hahaha, Una don use style turn me to motivational speaker. Abeg o, I'm just sharing my experience. It's been great for me. All of una wey wan come my school lol There are hundreds of better schools na, no be compulsory make una come here. I just dey happy say I gain admission into this one. No more long posts. Another thing I noticed. The lecturers here are NOT "lecturers". They are your buddies. Them dey burst my brain and I never even meet them. I'll show you two mails: First from my course adviser then from that lecturer wey I say I famz, wey help me get the application waiver when I dey Naija.!

I love your enthusiasm. Keep it up man.
WISH YOU THE BEST!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Simon21(m): 6:46am On Aug 10, 2016
Currently at schipol airport Amsterdam, wetin for boarding of connecting flight to Houston, free airport WiFi for 4 hours.. Journey going well so far

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 6:52am On Aug 10, 2016
Simon21:
Currently at schipol airport Amsterdam, wetin for boarding of connecting flight to Houston, free airport WiFi for 4 hours.. Journey going well so far

That's nice and safe trip

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Simon21(m): 7:46am On Aug 10, 2016
Walspring:

That's nice and safe trip
Thanks bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Simon21(m): 7:48am On Aug 10, 2016
Please guys who have already touched down, what are the requirements at POE
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:03am On Aug 10, 2016
Simon21:
Please guys who have already touched down, what are the requirements at POE

No requirement. ...just answer any questions asked and have your documents handy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Folafetty: 8:45am On Aug 10, 2016
Hi good morning...I am new here and please I need your help and views.

I applied twice this year for a study Permit in Canada after gaining an admission to Niagara College to study Internation Business Management and on first attempt I Was denied based on family ties to my counrty and Canada, and purpose of visit

Second time again i was denied 2 weeks agi on the bases of Purpose of visit after showing them evidence of paying 7140 Canadian dollar as part payment and letter from my office to the embassy. Well some said my second denial might have been as a result of the course I am going for at the College and my initial qualification. Right now I am quite devastated and thinking of considering U.S.

Now how I need your help is to give me whatever advise that could be helpful in acquiring an admission into a University in the US which wouldn't be a problem in getting the US visa.

Thank you

My background

B.A English
Currently working as a Customer Service Reptesentative
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 9:34am On Aug 10, 2016
Folafetty:

I applied twice this year for a study Permit in Canada after gaining an admission to Niagara College to study Internation Business Management and on first attempt I Was denied based on family ties to my counrty and Canada, and purpose of visit

Second time again i was denied 2 weeks agi on the bases of Purpose of visit after showing them evidence of paying 7140 Canadian dollar as part payment and letter from my office to the embassy. Well some said my second denial might have been as a result of the course I am going for at the College and my initial qualification. Right now I am quite devastated and thinking of considering U.S.

Now how I need your help is to give me whatever advise that could be helpful in acquiring an admission into a University in the US which wouldn't be a problem in getting the US visa.

Thank you

My background

B.A English

Sorry about the delay..

You will have to read from part 1 till current part to get yourself familiar with steps and what to do and what you should know.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 10:03am On Aug 10, 2016
Folafetty:

Thank you

My background

B.A English
Don't be so downhearted. Everything's gonna be fine.

You probably need to forget about Canada for now and focus on the United States and of course, revitalize it.

In life, sometimes, success does not come easy.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Christian129(m): 10:19am On Aug 10, 2016
Gurus, please help out!! I'm currently applying to 3 Universities. The question now is can I send the same personal statement 'WRITTEN BY ME' to three schools? This is because I don't have the time to write different PS as I invested a lot of time in the 'prototype'. More so, I'm applying to the same program with similar course contents. Can I plagiarize my own content? Is it an offense? Please help me out. Thanks
Abeg i no wan waste application fees o. Times are hard o
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by viii: 10:25am On Aug 10, 2016
Hi,you shouldn't start an answer with ACTUALLY tho your vo might think u r not sure of your answer..reapply don't lose faith in God and also work on your answers..God pass dem
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by viii: 10:28am On Aug 10, 2016
Sorry about the delay, work on your answers more and you can reapply
#GodPassDem
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by viii: 10:32am On Aug 10, 2016
Hi everyone, my visa was delayed on d 1st of August and I know it was because in didn't answer well,and I have reapplied for next week but I need your advice pls,I didn't take any exams GRE,TOEFL and d rest hope it's not a barrier to me...have worked a lot on my answers and I think am ready...its just dis exam I didn't take that's making mW worried hope it won't affect any tin.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by LagosismyHome(f): 10:33am On Aug 10, 2016
Christian129:
Gurus, please help out!! I'm currently applying to 3 Universities. The question now is can I send the same personal statement 'WRITTEN BY ME' to three schools? This is because I don't have the time to write different PS as I invested a lot of time in the 'prototype'. More so, I'm applying to the same program with similar course contents. Can I plagiarize my own content? Is it an offense? Please help me out. Thanks
Abeg i no wan waste application fees o. Times are hard o

lol........It your work and you are free to use it as many times as you want . how many people have time to change PS for each school. that na long story (except if the topic of essay is different) . You are free to use the same Statement but offcourse you will check it first so u dont go copy and paste and write the wrong school on it .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by LagosismyHome(f): 10:37am On Aug 10, 2016
viii:
Hi everyone, my visa was delayed on d 1st of August and I know it was because in didn't answer well,and I have reapplied for next week but I need your advice pls,I didn't take any exams GRE,TOEFL and d rest hope it's not a barrier to me...have worked a lot on my answers and I think am ready...its just dis exam I didn't take that's making mW worried hope it won't affect any tin.

the bold nobody can predict how that will go ...........hence it best to take test so it doesnt become a barrier . So whether if it will be a barrier is 50/50....Also you are going for associate degree but quoting GRE above .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Christian129(m): 10:54am On Aug 10, 2016
LagosismyHome:

lol........It your work and you are free to use it as many times as you want . how many people have time to change PS for each school. that na long story (except if the topic of essay is different) . You are free to use the same Statement but offcourse you will check it first so u dont go copy and paste and write the wrong school on it .
thank you very much ma'am. I was actually hoping to get an answer from you. God bless you. You are indeed a blessing to this forum. Hope to meet you someday.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Folafetty: 11:16am On Aug 10, 2016
sureb0y:
Hi guys. lol. more positive reactions. See as my pms full hahaha, Una don use style turn me to motivational speaker. Abeg o, I'm just sharing my experience. It's been great for me. All of una wey wan come my school lol There are hundreds of better schools na, no be compulsory make una come here. I just dey happy say I gain admission into this one. No more long posts. Another thing I noticed. The lecturers here are NOT "lecturers". They are your buddies. Them dey burst my brain and I never even meet them. I'll show you two mails: First from my course adviser then from that lecturer wey I say I famz, wey help me get the application waiver when I dey Naija.

Good morning,

I hope your trip went well. I will be in my office this afternoon. So[b] if it is convenient for you[/b] we could set up a time to meet. We will need to do that before you can sign up for courses. My phone number is Bleep-Bleep-xxxx.

J

XXXXXXX,

First of all, welcome to the United States and to xxxxxxx! Second, I will be on campus shortly after lunch and will be there for most of the afternoon. I have a meeting at 1 PM (until about 1:30) but otherwise I would be available to meet you this afternoon. We can take a walk over to the Student Union and find a bus schedule (Bleep has its own bus system that goes all over xxxxxxx and is free for Bleep students). If you need help finding your way to the xxxxxx department (second floor of xxxx Hall), I can meet in you in the xx lobby.

Finally, I've just talked to my wife and we'd love to invite you over to dinner at our home tonight if you don't have other plans. In fact, until the semester gets underway and while you don't have things to keep you busy, you are welcome to spend free time with us. I'm not sure whether you have a phone for calling or texting, but here is my cell phone number: Bleep-Bleep-xxxx. My wife, xxxxx, wants me to give you her contact information as well. Her cell phone is Bleep-Bleep-xxxx and her e-mail address (cc'ed above) is Bleep@aol.com.

Looking forward to meeting you!

Sincerely.

These two mails may mean NOTHING to y'all but they mean everything to me. For the umpteenth time, it's my first time outside Nigeria, I only know about life in Unilag. See course adviser dey ask to meet me when e dey convenient for me. lmao, I remember my cursed adviser for unilag those years, you go wait tire for front of hin office and when him finally show. Him fit just tell you to come back later say him dey busy. Nothing wey you go do. Second email burst my brain. Na senior lecturer be that o. I told you there's no god to man sort of relationship here, lecturers dey do like person padi. The environment is just too relaxing. Again, I didn't get any Graduate Assistanships before leaving Naija but jobs dey here for campus. I'll write more about them when I have more info.

Finally, you can notice how excited I am and how I'm majorly focusing on the positives. It doesn't mean it's 100% smooth and rosy. It means I see my cup as half full instead of half empty. In life, you make your own luck. I have chosen to be happy, to enjoy life to the fullest and worry less about things, to try to fix things instead of remaining sad cos they're bad. You can PM others if you wanna read negative things about living in America, as for me. I am being optimistic and positive. God bless America! I have come here to succeed!

Congrat bruv
Lol...enjoy

Pls sent you an email
I dey expec your response
Thanks

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Folafetty: 11:20am On Aug 10, 2016
[/quote]

Abeg make we talk via email...can't Dm at the moment don't know why...Pls contact me abeg
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by titobaba91(m): 11:38am On Aug 10, 2016
I was denied today at lag embassy and planning to re apply on Friday, please house is it soon or what considering the fact my school resumes on 6th of September.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 12:10pm On Aug 10, 2016
I don show. I say make I wake up monitor one phone for ebay wey I wan buy. bidding closes in 1 hour 30 minutes. I hope I win, cheesy Yesterday was a super-packed day for me. I suffer no be small chei. well, all that glitters here is still gold sha!!! Still better than the nonsense in Nigeria :p where should I start from? These people no dey play with time o. when it's lunch/break, if you like beg and roll for floor, you go wait till them come back ni (old gist, but I experienced it first time yesterday). Yesterday was for orientation/registration. I waka for hot sun chai, from pillar to post. E be like say the sun for here hot pass una own o. emphasis on UNA. :p At least I don leave una for a while even if na 2 years or less, I still leave una!!! Eyin omo wobe. :p kidding o, don't take it p. Naija na still our una own.

I'm slowly getting used to their style here. Make una dey practise how to smile o. These ones sabi smile like mad, I smiled about 743 times in total yesterday. Thing is, when you're walking, the girls look at you. If your eyes meet, they smile - contagious smile. You're forced to smile back, in fact I blushed a few times because these girls are the shiiiiiiii. Another thing I noticed: Americans are generally nice people, they're going to kill you with kindness. Ask for help responsibly and they're willing to help. Una for naija too dey do nonsense. Stop person for road to show you way, lailai. when him mama don warn am about kidnappers, evil spirits, ritualists and co. Here, when you ask for help and it's something they can't do or know nothing about, they apologize for over 1 minute feeling bad that they're not able to help. They instantly direct you to where they feel you'd get help.

I visited the gym last night. HOOOOOOLLLLLYYYYYY MAAACCCAAAARRRRROOOONNNNNIIIIIII... it fcuukkkiinngggg blew my mind. First, it's free to use as long as you have a student ID card. Secondly, na only you waka come. If you like enter gym, kill yourself for there. nobody send you. Thirdly, na yesterday I know say I too like woman. I really have to learn how to stop. Come see YYYYAAAAANNNNNNNSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHH! Girls wey don jog and do sit-ups + aerobics tire, come add squatting to am. Kai, one girl enter gym when I dey do bench press. I had to put the weight down and use style look around. she was about 5'9", you know when a girl is on top of you, about to ride you and she pauses to pack her hair? you know that style wey them dey always pack the hair? her hair was packed like that. this girl's nippuus were hard and showing, she go be like 34D, flat stomach and her hips were stunning. come see yansh wey she use finish am, her body was well defined and super-duper-hot-and-sexy. In summary, about 5'9", 34D-29-46. I'm not exaggerrating. This girl be like... kai, Nothing wey I no imagine for that period, I was carried away. God go bless that oyinbo wey grant my visa. I for dey Alimosho now, dey open dp of those nonsense pweetybarbielahposhtotiyaweyretipepewithoutknowing.

On my way back to the hostel with my roomie, na so so yansh we dey see. see some clean girls wey dey drive high-end rides, cardillac, mustang, benz. Make I stop to dey write before that girl enter my head again. Those people wey dey come here come marry fat and old people, na wa for them o. See as girls full everywhere, don't even tell me they're hard to get. Emi don gorgon, agba awo ton fi ase momi, omni-lickest ton la anything. Make I face my studies first, na me and these girls.

Sorry, this is a very irrelevant post lol. na just my experience I say make I share. As nobody dey ask me anything wey concern visa, nothing to write about am. cheesy cheesy cheesy If you like girls wey tall and get yansh, you should work extra hard for that visa. once you get it, I go give you number of one woman for igando, her agbo na gangsta. cheesy cheesy cheesy (na joke o). Peace out people.

Finally, MsNas and Walspring. I don't have info about the ss-card yet. I'm visiting the work-permit people today and I should have the information you want. why I wrote that was, they told me I'd get jobs once I'm done with orientation and registration and I've been given student ID card, social security card, etc. Make I come back for evening, I'll tell you what I find out. Is that okay?

21 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by warriboy21(m): 12:10pm On Aug 10, 2016
Lol dicapino..wetin de shock u grin......

No go enter coma o cheesy

Welcome jare

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 1:03pm On Aug 10, 2016
LagosismyHome:

In this case, sure, he can probably re-use most of the content; HOWEVER, re-using work on academic papers without citation, even if it is your own work, is regarded as plagiarism under most honor codes. Just something to be aware of.

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by fizzile(m): 1:28pm On Aug 10, 2016
sureb0y:
I don show. I say make I wake up monitor one phone for ebay wey I wan buy. bidding closes in 1 hour 30 minutes. I hope I win, cheesy Yesterday was a super-packed day for me. I suffer no be small chei. well, all that glitters here is still gold sha!!! Still better than the nonsense in Nigeria :p where should I start from? These people no dey play with time o. when it's lunch/break, if you like beg and roll for floor, you go wait till them come back ni (old gist, but I experienced it first time yesterday). Yesterday was for orientation/registration. I waka for hot sun chai, from pillar to post. E be like say the sun for here hot pass una own o. emphasis on UNA. :p At least I don leave una for a while even if na 2 years or less, I still leave una!!! Eyin omo wobe. :p kidding o, don't take it p. Naija na still our una own.

I'm slowly getting used to their style here. Make una dey practise how to smile o. These ones sabi smile like mad, I smiled about 743 times in total yesterday. Thing is, when you're walking, the girls look at you. If your eyes meet, they smile - contagious smile. You're forced to smile back, in fact I blushed a few times because these girls are the shiiiiiiii. Another thing I noticed: Americans are generally nice people, they're going to kill you with kindness. Ask for help responsibly and they're willing to help. Una for naija too dey do nonsense. Stop person for road to show you way, lailai. when him mama don warn am about kidnappers, evil spirits, ritualists and co. Here, when you ask for help and it's something they can't do or know nothing about, they apologize for over 1 minute feeling bad that they're not able to help. They instantly direct you to where they feel you'd get help.

I visited the gym last night. HOOOOOOLLLLLYYYYYY MAAACCCAAAARRRRROOOONNNNNIIIIIII... it fcuukkkiinngggg blew my mind. First, it's free to use as long as you have a student ID card. Secondly, na only you waka come. If you like enter gym, kill yourself for there. nobody send you. Thirdly, na yesterday I know say I too like woman. I really have to learn how to stop. Come see YYYYAAAAANNNNNNNSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHH! Girls wey don jog and do sit-ups + aerobics tire, come add squatting to am. Kai, one girl enter gym when I dey do bench press. I had to put the weight down and use style look around. she was about 5'9", you know when a girl is on top of you, about to ride you and she pauses to pack her hair? you know that style wey them dey always pack the hair? her hair was packed like that. this girl's nippuus were hard and showing, she go be like 34D, flat stomach and her hips were stunning. come see yansh wey she use finish am, her body was well defined and super-duper-hot-and-sexy. In summary, about 5'9", 34D-29-46. I'm not exaggerrating. This girl be like... kai, Nothing wey I no imagine for that period, I was carried away. God go bless that oyinbo wey grant my visa. I for dey Alimosho now, dey open dp of those nonsense pweetybarbielahposhtotiyaweyretipepewithoutknowing.

On my way back to the hostel with my roomie, na so so yansh we dey see. see some clean girls wey dey drive high-end rides, cardillac, mustang, benz. Make I stop to dey write before that girl enter my head again. Those people wey dey come here come marry fat and old people, na wa for them o. See as girls full everywhere, don't even tell me they're hard to get. Emi don gorgon, agba awo ton fi ase momi, omni-lickest ton la anything. Make I face my studies first, na me and these girls.

Sorry, this is a very irrelevant post lol. na just my experience I say make I share. As nobody dey ask me anything wey concern visa, nothing to write about am. cheesy cheesy cheesy If you like girls wey tall and get yansh, you should work extra hard for that visa. once you get it, I go give you number of one woman for igando, her agbo na gangsta. cheesy cheesy cheesy (na joke o). Peace out people.

Finally, MsNas and Walspring. I don't have info about the ss-card yet. I'm visiting the work-permit people today and I should have the information you want. why I wrote that was, they told me I'd get jobs once I'm done with orientation and registration and I've been given student ID card, social security card, etc. Make I come back for evening, I'll tell you what I find out. Is that okay?
] lololzzz see as I leave my better fufu with afang soup with enough cowleg and stockfish come dey refresh page just to c weda ur post don enter. Omor u dey scata my beards oooo. Lolollllzzz. I dey feel u. Abeg u fit pm me? I gat some info for u.
cc: sureb0y

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 1:48pm On Aug 10, 2016
sureb0y:

chaaaiiii i love those things menh... look road oo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by ponpon(m): 1:59pm On Aug 10, 2016
sureb0y:

i don laugh tire...nice one ominilaplate

(1) (2) (3) ... (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) ... (402)

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.