Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,271 members, 7,836,223 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 - Travel (59) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 (684348 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by boofydon: 12:39pm On May 29, 2016
acadollar:

Thanks do you know the address bro?
5033 S Blvd
Ste N, Charlotte, NC 28217.
I believe you will find more if you google 'African market near me'
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 12:51pm On May 29, 2016
jatsay001 congrats smiley
Have fun in Mississippi

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by imperiouxx(m): 12:58pm On May 29, 2016
aadeyi:
So for those of you finding it difficult to get a cheap flight to your destinations, I have an offer for you all.... grin

If you can get a cheap flight from lagos to houston and from houston to your destination, I am willing to pick you from the airport, host you for a day or two and drop you off for your onward travel at the airport.

So if you are willing to take up my offer, hit me up and maybe I can help you in your flight search to get the cheapest one possible.

#mywayofgivingbacktonl

Can you also let them know that there are regional airports. They need to see if Houston is the closest regional airport to them before they start asking you random questions. Now that some heard free housing and pick up, they will fast forget the location of where they are going.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by imperiouxx(m): 1:05pm On May 29, 2016
ronkypinky:

I just sent u a PM... Dunno if i can get a cheap flight to Indiana directly.
Need advice and help or if i can a cheap flight to houston and connect local flight to Indiana.

Chicago, IL airport is the closest to IN. All airports in NY are cheaper coming from nigeria because of the proximity of NY to Africa. La guardia airport is the cheapest coming to NY. Atlanta, GA is another close option. Connecting flight or bus from either Chicago, Brooklyn, Atlanta will take you to where you're going in indiana in no time with cash saved in your pocket.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 1:13pm On May 29, 2016
Egbon, my connecting flight from ORD takes off
3 hours after my flight from Lagos lands. I am a bit
scared I might miss the flight. Have you been to ORD?
How crazy is it?
imperiouxx:

Chicago, IL airport is the closest to IN. All airports in NY are cheaper coming from nigeria because of the proximity of NY to Africa. La guardia airport if the cheapest coming to NY. Atlanta, GA is another close option. Connecting flight or bus from either Chicago, Brooklyn, Atlanta will take you to where you're going in indiana in no time with cash saved in your pocket.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 1:39pm On May 29, 2016
boofydon:

5033 S Blvd
Ste N, Charlotte, NC 28217.
I believe you will find more if you google 'African market near me'
kindly check your DM bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by imperiouxx(m): 1:47pm On May 29, 2016
sirRiddy:
Egbon, my connecting flight from ORD takes off
3 hours after my flight from Lagos lands. I am a bit
scared I might miss the flight. Have you been to ORD?
How crazy is it?

I havent been through the airport before but tsa has increased checking time in all airports now. 3 hours should be enough if you dont carry anything that might hold you down at checking. Enjoy your trip.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 2:06pm On May 29, 2016
Thanks smiley
imperiouxx:

I havent been through the airport before but tsa has increased checking time in all airports now. 3 hours should be enough if you dont carry anything that might hold you down at checking. Enjoy your trip.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by gunther6(m): 2:26pm On May 29, 2016
Holudarey01:

you miss road?

grin grin funniest thing all this fancy name Hamptons court , igba awo court you go dey think say na one upscale place you nor go no say na one swamp for Ibeju Lekki
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by warriboy21(m): 2:41pm On May 29, 2016
Who's coming to Indiana.. Pls land in Chicago and coach USA bus will take you anywer for 29$.

And Please drop some ogbono n egusi soup on d Street for me if d bus Eva enroute Valparaiso..

Thanks smiley

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by gunther6(m): 2:45pm On May 29, 2016
warriboy21:
Who's coming to Indiana.. Pls land in Chicago and coach USA bus will take you anywer for 29$.

And Please drop some ogbono n egusi soup on d Street for me if d bus Eva enroute Valparaiso..

Thanks smiley

Warriboy I nor know as my journey go take me from Chicago to Normal set things up and I wan enter DC but I got you on ogbono wey dem don grind crayfish finish inside with Cameroon pepper and beta egusi.... Abeg I fit carry Okporoko enter Chicago POE, dem strict?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by warriboy21(m): 3:03pm On May 29, 2016
gunther6:

Warriboy I nor know as my journey go take me from Chicago to Normal set things up and I wan enter DC but I got you on ogbono wey dem don grind crayfish finish inside with Cameroon pepper and beta egusi.... Abeg I fit carry Okporoko enter Chicago POE, dem strict?
Yes boss.. Chicago is African dominated so de allow lots of African foods at d poe.. AL u need to do is seal dem properly.

Wer u headed? Pls pm me

Omo summer heat is real o... shocked.... Me wen de find heat Don tire o... Well na beach get me today and memorial day tomorrow na deep river water park so sniff some whitey bikinis cheesy grin...

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by mevisbleek: 3:14pm On May 29, 2016
brightify:
thanks boss, I will get a good photographer and make the description of the passport, very well

I have no idea why u going to pay a photographer. Stand in front of una white wall for house, use Ur phone snap and that should work. Well, that's what I did for the 2 applications I've worked on and it worked just fine.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 3:22pm On May 29, 2016
gunther6:

grin grin funniest thing all this fancy name Hamptons court , igba awo court you go dey think say na one upscale place you nor go no say na one swamp for Ibeju Lekki

lool
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 3:28pm On May 29, 2016
Pls I need advice and input from the gurus. I don't know how somebody won't know the meaning of fixed deposit. I'll be going back next month. What shld I do different?[/quote]
[/b]
KimoraW:
Ok. This is what my denial transcript looks like. Its very long o.
Me: Good morning *smiling*
VO: Good morning. Your documents pls.
Me: *hands him passport, ds160, I20 and sevis*
VO: Why did you choose Emory Univ?
Me: During the course of my research, I came across Emory. It's highly ranked in my field of study. The school of public health is ranked 7th nationwide and it has one of the best Global health programs in the US. It's also affiliated to the CDC, Global health institute.. bla bla
VO: What do you do?
Me: I'm a medical doctor
VO: What kind of doctor are you?
Me: I'm a general practitioner for now
VO: So why are you going for a masters if you're already a doctor?
Me: Public health is a recognised medical specialty and that is where my passion lies. I am drawn towards the preventive aspect of medicine as there is a huge deficit in health promotion and prevention in Nigeria. An MPH degree is the foundation I need to build my career in public health.
VO: Are you married?
Me: No
VO: Do you have children?
Me: No I don't
VO: Which countries have you travelled to?
Me: UK, Netherlands, Barbados, St. Kitts
VO: Which school did you attend?
Me: Bleep university (in the caribbean)
VO: When did you graduate?
Me: 2013
VO: What have you been doing since then?
Me: Came back home, got my practicing license for Nig in Oct 2013, started my internship in 2014, then NYSC in 2015. Currently working at a private hospital.
VO: How many chambers does the heart have?
Me: *laughs audibly at this ridiculous question* 4 chambers which are the left ventricle...
VO: *cuts in* What is the difference btw red blood cells and white blood cells?
Me: White blood cells basically help with fighting infections while red blood cells contain haemoglobin which...
VO: *cuts in* Who is your sponsor?
Me: My mother
VO: What does she do?
Me: She is a contractor. Executes construction contracts for govt projects and private individuals.
VO: Do you have a bank statement from her?
Me: Yes I do *hands him d statement, letter from bank and letter from sponsor*
VO: *peruses docs for a while* Honestly I have a problem with your statement. Why does it repeatedly go from almost nothing to millions?
Me: It has been run as fixed deposit. If you look at the description on the debits and credits, it clearly states fixed deposit contract. The bank withdraws the money on the customer's instruction, trades with it and pays it back after 30days with interest.
VO: I still don't understand it
Me: Pls take a look at the financial certificates from the bank for the fixed deposit and the letter.
VO: I have seen them. I still don't understand where the money goes. I'm sorry I won't be granting this visa.

Pls I need advice and input from the gurus. I don't know how somebody won't know the meaning of fixed deposit. I'll be going back next month. What shld I do different?
As an intending applicant myself, I have been reading through your transcript like an exam question.
You have a great profile here and every ' normal VO' will know you are a genuine student. ( UK, Netherlands, Barbados, St Kitts.... no be Beans ooo) some people went to school in Ghana and remained there ☺.
But the part that really got me thinking was when the VO asked you how many chambers the heart has ' and you laughed audibly'''. which is good to show your level of confidence in your profession.
But I really don't know how audible
you laughed and maybe you could have unconsciously sounded rude ( my thought) and if that's the case he/she might just decide to intentionally fall your hand and show you, he/ she is the boss here.
I'm telling you there is nothing wrong with your profile not even with your statement of account. ( my thought) Maybe he/she saw your high self confidence and He/ she saw it as a slap on his / her ego as a VO.
So please next time when asked a too simple question like whats the colour of the human blood .... please just smile and answer '''Red.'''
last but not the least... please pray against Elenini V.O

10 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dicapino: 3:37pm On May 29, 2016
warriboy21:

Yes boss.. Chicago is African dominated so de allow lots of African foods at d poe.. AL u need to do is seal dem properly.

Wer u headed? Pls pm me

Omo summer heat is real o... shocked.... Me wen de find heat Don tire o... Well na beach get me today and memorial day tomorrow na deep river water park so sniff some whitey bikinis cheesy grin...

Lol......#white bikinis# hmmm.......no go carry whitty..enter waffi
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by brightify: 4:00pm On May 29, 2016
mevisbleek:

I have no idea why u going to pay a photographer. Stand in front of una white wall for house, use Ur phone snap and that should work. Well, that's what I did for the 2 applications I've worked on and it worked just fine.
lol thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by godG: 4:16pm On May 29, 2016
For those who need cheap flights, check Student Universe dot com and see what they currently have as their prices. You will need your school email to use the site, though. Best wishes.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by kinger2: 4:44pm On May 29, 2016
Good day to you all,
Can anyone assist me here, I have a degree in Accounting in Nigeria with 3.65cgpa, can anyone help with the name of universities in USA that can admit me for MASTER DEGREE OR MBA without GRE,GMAT or IELTS as i will be willing to apply immediately. This might sound impossible but i do not believe in impossibilities.
Thanks in anticipation as i wait.....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by brightify: 4:46pm On May 29, 2016
mevisbleek:

thanks boss, I've used my phone to upload it and also saying a very big thank you to those that advised me on how to upload my photograph

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by bayocanny: 4:48pm On May 29, 2016
godG:
For those who need cheap flights, check Student Universe dot com and see what they currently have as their prices. You will need your school email to use the site, though. Best wishes.
Hello bro, how u doing?
Thanks for the other day, I hope you still remember me
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by brightify: 4:49pm On May 29, 2016
Hello house, I had there will be a change in price of the visa application fee

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by gunther6(m): 4:49pm On May 29, 2016
kinger2:
Good day to you all,
Can anyone assist me here, I have a degree in Accounting in Nigeria with 3.65cgpa, can anyone help with the name of universities in USA that can admit me for MASTER DEGREE OR MBA without GRE,GMAT or IELTS as i will be willing to apply immediately. This might sound impossible but i do not believe in impossibilities.
Thanks in anticipation as i wait.....

I can't keep a straight face cheesy , do you believe in the possibility of Google ?

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by wine4dguy: 5:08pm On May 29, 2016
warriboy21:

Wer u headed? Pls pm me

bros I hail o abeg no vex am doing online application to valpo and want to confirm your thought on the possibility of getting MSC mechanical in valpo with a 2.9 GPA not yet done any test and to mention I got a PGD admission in Canada what do you feel
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by worry359(m): 5:31pm On May 29, 2016
wine4dguy:

bros I hail o abeg no vex am doing online application to valpo and want to confirm your thought on the possibility of getting MSC mechanical in valpo with a 2.9 GPA not yet done any test and to mention I got a PGD admission in Canada what do you feel

Have you contacted the university and asked them for FACTS!
Or do you just expect strangers on here to guess?

If we say yes but the Uni says no what do you expect to do then?

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (402)

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.