Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,755 members, 7,831,439 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:41 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 - Travel (95) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 (683201 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Mekurexx: 6:27pm On Jun 07, 2016
Sorry what day are you flying? Turkish too but I got 179k. Tho I booked last week and used wakanow.
mevisbleek:

Baba, u r blessed. I just followed ur advise and it came out to 278k. Turkish airline to jfk, then delta from jfk to Denver. Thanks man. No more Ethiopian

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by jeniver64(f): 6:27pm On Jun 07, 2016
Undergraduate
SlimVicktor:

As an undergrad or graduate?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by jatsay001: 6:27pm On Jun 07, 2016
Please I need the help concerning my local flight booking from Chicago to Columbus Airport, Mississippi through Delta Airline. I filled all the online forms but the application rejected my GTB card and Diamond Bank card with this statement "Your credit card authorization failed. Please enter a different card and continue with your transaction. #6000R"

Please what can I do ??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 6:29pm On Jun 07, 2016
jeniver64:
Guys ,I wrote my waec in 2011,have just been acquiring some hand work,and have been assisting my aunt,
1-wont my 5 year gap pose an issue for me
And 2- what's the best way to give answers when asked about the gap.

I have replied your pm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jun 07, 2016
jatsay001:
Please I need the help concerning my local flight booking from Chicago to Columbus Airport, Mississippi through Delta Airline. I filled all the online forms but the application rejected my GTB card and Diamond Bank card with this statement "Your credit card authorization failed. Please enter a different card and continue with your transaction. #6000R"

Please what can I do ??

I used my GTB card to pay. Have you used this card for other international payments? Maybe they have blocked international transactions, I'm not sure though.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by jeniver64(f): 6:30pm On Jun 07, 2016
Don't know if I should say thanks
Walspring:

I have replied your pm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by jatsay001: 6:31pm On Jun 07, 2016

Please what can I do ??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 6:32pm On Jun 07, 2016
jatsay001:

Please what can I do ??

Two reasons for the rejection

1, you don't have have enough fund/balance in your card to make the payment

2, maybe the banks doesn't allow naira MasterCard to be use online anymore
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 6:33pm On Jun 07, 2016
jeniver64:
Don't know if I should say thanks

Lol... Hmmmm

Yes but Let's give the thanks to God
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by jatsay001: 6:34pm On Jun 07, 2016
I used the Diamond bank to pay I-20 DHL postage fee.

I used my GTB card to pay. Have you used this card for other international payments? Maybe they have blocked international transactions, I'm not sure though.[/quote]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by jatsay001: 6:36pm On Jun 07, 2016
I have 70,000Naira in my diamond bank account

Walspring:

Two reasons for the rejection

1, you don't have have enough fund/balance in your card to make the payment

2, maybe the banks doesn't allow naira MasterCard to be use online anymore
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 6:36pm On Jun 07, 2016
Angelapinkytoes:
i'll be glad to help out,I studied on my own mostly mid nights.I never had time to register for a prep class here Abuja cause of my job. Am already good in solving sums so I really did not have any issues. I Bought my GMAT textbooks from Amazon,I believe you can get them in the book stores depending on where you live. My advice,we have 24hrs in a day,if u can dedicate 6hrs a day for GMAT morning,afternoon and midnight,you will do pretty fine. Also search for online GMAT prep websites that'll help too. Goodluck.

Where in Abuja do you stay
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jun 07, 2016
jatsay001:

I got charged about 75k for that same booking a month ago. It's possible you don't have enough funds in the account.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 6:40pm On Jun 07, 2016
jatsay001:

How much is the flight fee

Then multiply the flight fee with black market exchange rate and compare the answer with the amount you have in your bank maybe is less or more..

If it's more there must be a new policy and that's why it's not going through but if it's less then you need to add more money to it..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by jatsay001: 6:40pm On Jun 07, 2016
Hey !!!

For 198.60 $

What was the price in dollar

Fortissimo:

I got charged about 75k for that same booking a month ago. It's possible you don't have enough funds in the account.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Angelapinkytoes(f): 6:42pm On Jun 07, 2016
Walspring:

Where in Abuja do you stay
Gwarinpa
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 6:43pm On Jun 07, 2016
ARABMONI:

Thank you sir for your prompt response... But d SOA, is not for Visa interview but for enterance into US, i used d SOA for my interview n ll be 5months old by d time i plan to enter d US..... Pls kindly advice.....

You don't need to present soa at Poe before you will enter USA, you can only take it along with you unless your school asked you to bring along all the original copy of the documents you scanned to them during admission process

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 6:44pm On Jun 07, 2016
Angelapinkytoes:
Gwarinpa

Are you kidding me

Right now am at Gwarinpa bus stop.. gringringrin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jun 07, 2016
jatsay001:
Hey !!!

For 198.60 $

What was the price in dollar

Is $198.6 the total including taxes, fees and charges? The base fare for mine was $197.21 but after tacking on the taxes, fees and charges, it went up to $230.60
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by jatsay001: 6:49pm On Jun 07, 2016
Price per Passenger
$16744
Taxes, Fees and Charges
$3116
Total Price
$ 198 60
USD
Fortissimo:

Is $198.6 the total including taxes, fees and charges? The base fare for mine was $197.21 but after tacking on the taxes, fees and charges, it went up to $230.60

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Angelapinkytoes(f): 6:49pm On Jun 07, 2016
Walspring:

Are you kidding me

Right now am at Gwarinpa bus stop.. gringringrin

really??great. You stay there?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 6:51pm On Jun 07, 2016
DutanTheThird:
Hello,
I'm a newbie and Its just so cool reading through this thread (like from part 1 to this one cool). It's just pure joy going through every single post (not all sha oo, haha cos some pple no get filter grin). So I'll be going in for my interview on 17th june and I wanted to know if it's ok that i printed my appointment confirmation via my email (so it has the Gmail logo and all that)?
Thanks wink

Sorry to ask do you book this appointment yourself
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 6:51pm On Jun 07, 2016
Angelapinkytoes:
really??great. You stay there?

Nope.. Am heading toward kubwa
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Angelapinkytoes(f): 6:52pm On Jun 07, 2016
Walspring:

You don't need to present soa at Poe before you will enter USA, you can only take it along with you unless your school asked you to bring along all the original copy of the documents you scanned to them during admission process
i told them already,what's the need taking a statement of account to a point of entry when you don't need one. Don't blame them though,they prolly excited traveling to the states.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jun 07, 2016
jatsay001:

Price per Passenger
$16744
Taxes, Fees and Charges
$3116
Total Price
$ 198 60
USD

Hmm ok that comes to N69,500 at N350/$.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by OjaP: 6:55pm On Jun 07, 2016
Bussy123:

I am not a student, but will advice you to start applying to company at least a year before. Some companies ask for application to be submitted early. Example, my company which is a fortune 200 ask engineering interns to submit there application a year before. So u can start looking now, submit applications, look for companies coming to ur school to recruit and makes use of LinkedIn.

You posted this on May 17.

Bussy123:

Hi all,

I recently accepted an offer into graduate program (PhD) in chemistry. I was offered a financial support as a Graduate Teaching Assistant (GTA) or Graduate Research Assistant (GRA) with stipend. In short, its fully funded.

What are the embassy requirements please? How can I prove strong tie to my country? My education has been back to back, I recently completed Master in Chemistry (graduated in September) in UI but still carrying out researches and writing papers (Journals) so I am not doing any paid job now.

What advice can you guys give when it comes to embassy in Lagos? so far my PhD is fully funded with monthly stipend, do I have to present huge back statement to embassy?
What are the documents that I should provide or take to the embassy with me?

Looking forward to hear from you guy.
Thanks

Did you get the job in a fortune 200 after May 17? Just curious since your education has been back to back.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Angelapinkytoes(f): 6:58pm On Jun 07, 2016
Walspring:

Nope.. Am heading toward kubwa
alright,am about pulling off my office parking lot meeting up a friend in an eatery in maitama. We can get together anytime during the weekends if am not busy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Verdi: 7:06pm On Jun 07, 2016
jeniver64:
This waec people are telling me to go back to my secondary school in Edo state lounge a complaint,and my principal will contact them,then I pay and wait for them to call me,Bros my I20 don arrive yesterday oh.

Did your secondary school issue you a statement of result? If they did and if this statement doesn't reflect your date of birth, you might wanna try taking this with you for your interview instead of your WAEC certificate.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by cutemorgan(m): 7:07pm On Jun 07, 2016
Holudarey01:

Yh it is.
Lagos-Doha-Houston
Cutemorgan na my boss o
grin
Baba edakun elo jawo ninu whining yi sir... Omo yin laje baba
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by cutemorgan(m): 7:11pm On Jun 07, 2016
MrMann1:

Thanks cutemorgan. But is the destination airport IAH?? will check tho.
Like boss Holudarey01 mentioned, the flight is to IAH sir.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 7:22pm On Jun 07, 2016
DeeTus:
Got it. Thanks.

Would give you one wife.

Lol..... gringringrin

If I hear
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Christian129(m): 7:40pm On Jun 07, 2016
Make July come on time make all these fall people komot for here sef. Em no even give we spring applicants chance to talk

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (402)

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.