Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,013 members, 7,817,986 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 - Travel (100) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 (680620 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 10:44am On Jun 08, 2016
Mekurexx:
Where you heading to?
My brother Na North Dakota ooooo Dannybrown19 don tell me how I go take waka the trip... Just waiting for some stuffsss.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by profx4real(m): 11:00am On Jun 08, 2016
This is my success story.
June 8th 6:30am appointment
Visa approved at 7:30am
Got to the embassy @6am, Lotsa pple r already gathered outside (even pple with 7am appointment), we were ushered in for verification, biometrics n queued for abt 45mins b4 interview proper. I was interviewed at Window 3 by a young-old American lady. Everyone (even guys wey dy stuutter) that did d interview b4 me was approved, this gave me confidence that I won't be an exception.
Conversation between VO and I.
VO: Gud morning
Me: Morning madam.
I passed my i20 n passport. *she hardly looked @ d i20 sef b4 approving me.
VO: Why are you going to US?
Me: I want to purse a masters degree in Chemistry with specialization in Environmental Analytical Chemistry at East Tennessee State University.
VO: Who is ur sponsor?
Me: I'm on a graduate teaching assistantship scholarship while the remainder of my fees would be paid by my sister and brother-in-law(VO cuts me short) *she took a glance at my i20 to verify this*
VO: What would you do after your program?
Me: I would take up an employment as a lecturer at my Alma matter. (She looked at me for a few seconds n faced the system back, *she was contended with wah I said already but I still continued talking though). I would take up managerial roles in Environmental Agencies so as to proffer longlasting solutions to environmental problems in Nigeria.
VO: I'll be approving your application.
Me: Thanks so much.
I guessed 6:30am batch is kinda okay, but God works anyhour anyday shaaaa. I grateful for the information n past transcript from this thread, it helped me a long way.
Special thanks to Holudarey01(ma guy, ma classmate), he prompt me to join dz thread and has helped right from GRE days in solving questions.
CuteMorgan (My No. 1 GURU)- Thanks for the help so far in d lil while dt I know you, u r a rare gem.
Slimmy05- I'm grateful for the tips and the help u ll render for me in d near future.
Thanks to Aadeyi, for his PM responses during my sevis payment.
I'm thankful to God, he made all this possible for me.

20 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by malory84: 11:05am On Jun 08, 2016
sanramon:

I hope you make it.. Man.. Let me know.. Hope to see you in Arlington

Lol. Lady not man. Hope to see you too. Pls will like to get your contact. What course are you studying?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 11:21am On Jun 08, 2016
profx4real:

CuteMorgan (My No. 1 GURU)- Thanks for the help so far in d lil while dt I know you, u r a rare gem.
Congrats friend.
I'm happy for you.
Good willing we go meet for TN.
Cutemorgan grin the rare gem grin grin
Oya come and deny it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by don4ye: 11:25am On Jun 08, 2016
@ profx4real congrats .. That lady Na surest.. Her age will be around 23,24 , 25.. She hate story
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by purplesummer(f): 11:26am On Jun 08, 2016
don4ye:

Congrats ma
Thank you sir. I thank God for the miracles He's been doing in your life.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by purplesummer(f): 11:31am On Jun 08, 2016
ratchy:
Congratulations
Thank you very much.
Holudarey01:

Beautiful purplesummer cheesy grin
Congrats ma'am.
Thank you very much sir. I'm waiting for you to just stroll in and effortlessly collect your visa.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by cutemorgan(m): 11:32am On Jun 08, 2016
purplesummer:
Hi guys, visa was approved this morning. 6.30am appointment. Post my transcript later! smiley
Congrats maam... Better days ahead smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by monsieur2016(m): 11:34am On Jun 08, 2016
Congrats to @profx4real and @purplesummer
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by cutemorgan(m): 11:34am On Jun 08, 2016
profx4real:
Got to the embassy @6am, Lotsa pple r already gathered outside (even pple with 7am appointment), we were ushered in for verification, biometrics n queued for abt 45mins b4 interview proper. I was interviewed at Window 3 by a young-old American lady. Everyone (even guys wey dy stuutter) that did d interview b4 me was approved, this gave me confidence that I won't be an exception.
Me: I want to purse a masters degree in Chemistry with specialization in Environmental Analytical Chemistry at East Tennessee State University.
Me: I'm on a graduate teaching assistantship scholarship while the remainder of my fees would be paid by my sister and brother-in-law(VO cuts me short) *she took a glance at my i20 to verify this*
Me: I would take up an employment as a lecturer at my Alma matter. (She looked at me for a few seconds n faced the system back, *she was contended with wah I said already but I still continued talking though). I would take up managerial roles in Environmental Agencies so as to proffer longlasting solutions to environmental problems in Nigeria.
I guessed 6:30am batch is kinda okay, but God works anyhour anyday shaaaa. I grateful for the information n past transcript from this thread, it helped me a long way.
Special thanks to Holudarey01(ma guy, ma classmate), he prompt me to join dz thread and has helped right from GRE days in solving questions.
Slimmy05- I'm grateful for the tips and the help u ll render for me in d near future.
Congrats boss mi... Better days ahead smiley... All thanks, glory and adoration belongs to God

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 11:34am On Jun 08, 2016
purplesummer:

Thank you very much sir. I'm waiting for you to just stroll in and effortlessly collect your visa.
Would do that soon.
Thank you cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by cutemorgan(m): 11:36am On Jun 08, 2016
Holudarey01:

Congrats friend.
I'm happy for you.
Good willing we go meet for TN.
Cutemorgan grin the rare gem grin grin
Oya come and deny it
Baba, morope eti jawo lati Ana ni sir... We are only following your steps boss mi... I still be your boy baba
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by cutemorgan(m): 11:37am On Jun 08, 2016
purplesummer:

Thank you very much.

It will be a success story by God grace
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 11:38am On Jun 08, 2016
cutemorgan:

Baba, morope eti jawo lati Ana ni sir... We are only following your steps boss mi... I still be your boy baba
You're still my boss grin grin.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 11:40am On Jun 08, 2016
cutemorgan:

It will be a success story by God grace
AMEN

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by malory84: 11:51am On Jun 08, 2016
Holudarey01:

You should be able to explain this to the VO.
VO might not even ask except if he/she checks your admission letter.
But be ready to defend why you changed your
discipline

Yes thank you. I changed from Mass Communication to MPA because I don't even have a single experience in my major. I have done more of NGO And banking. So going for a masters in communication won't cut it for me. Besides, I don't even want to be in that industry. Do you think it's an ok reason to give?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by cutemorgan(m): 11:51am On Jun 08, 2016
Holudarey01:

I'm always loyal sir wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by cutemorgan(m): 11:52am On Jun 08, 2016
Holudarey01:

You sef know say I nor go gree that one... I'm your boy and that's the FACT!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by bukunmmy(m): 11:53am On Jun 08, 2016
purplesummer:
Hi guys, visa was approved this morning. 6.30am appointment. Post my transcript later! smiley

Congrats Ma......... Greater heights IJN
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by bukunmmy(m): 12:00pm On Jun 08, 2016
profx4real:

Congrats Ma......... greater heights IJN
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by malory84: 12:00pm On Jun 08, 2016
Is anybody studying Masters in Public Administration here pls?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by profx4real(m): 12:02pm On Jun 08, 2016
don4ye:
@ profx4real congrats .. That lady Na surest.. Her age will be around 23,24 , 25.. She hate story

Was she d 1 dt interviewed u also She sure die die die, e come be like I dy talk plenty sef
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by profx4real(m): 12:07pm On Jun 08, 2016
Thanks @Holudarey01, @doneye, @cutemorgan, @monsieur2016, @bukunmmy.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by purplesummer(f): 12:13pm On Jun 08, 2016
I wanted to share my transcript when I'm more relaxed but...I can't wait grin

I thought I'd have issues with my DS 160/ appointment page bar codes. I filled out a ds 160 for abj consulate and used the confirmation number to book appointment for lagos. Lol. Anyway, I had it sorted out, ran to walspring and he allayed my fears. Told me everything is fine.

So, I was the first person to arrive the lagos consulate at 5:10am. I didn't enjoy the wait though. One of the security guys told me I look good and that if I could just add a smile to it...so I had it mind to smile even when I didn't feel like it undecided

So after biometrics and all, we waited for the VOs to arrive. I was 3rd in line so I thought I'd be interviewed by the woman in window 3 but nah, God had better plans for me. I and the 1st 2 persons were interviewd at window 7. The chubby white guy.
He approved the 2 people before me. It was then my turn.

VO: so tell me about your programme
PS(PurpleSummer): oh, I'm going for my masters in law. I'd be concentrating on Environmental law.

VO: how did you get to know abt the school?
PS: they sent me a direct email

VO: (looks at me) why would they do that?
PS: (I smiled) they saw my profile on the Law school admission council website so they contacted me and encouraged me to apply

VO: what courses would you be taking in your first semester
PS: I'd be taking courses on Energy Policy and Climate Change, Environmental Advocacy, Natural Resources Law, Toxic Tort (I spelt T-O-R-T for him so he won't think I mean thought. Lol. Vo nodded like...I know it's tort) and International Environmental Law.

VO: what was your undergraduate on?
PS: law

VO: When did you graduate?
PS: 2011

VO: what have you been doing since then?
PS: I attended the nigerian law school for one year, did my NYSC and since then I've been in active legal practice

VO: have you been called to bar?
PS: yes

When?
PS: 2012.

VO: (brings out white paper) I see you chose to collect your passport in portharcourt, (circles an address, handed me both paper, i-20 and sevis fee receipt) you'll need these at the point of entry...blah blah, I said thanks, he thanked me too.
PS: walks out like a boss.

Ps: School is University of Maryland, Baltimore.

I want to thank every single person on this thread, I dedicate this success to you all. A huge dosage of the thanks goes to walspring, Holudarey01, don4ye, bigfrancis21 (I gave him one helluva disturbance), OjaP, mystiqme (Your words were both visionary and prophetic) mekurexx, baodium et al. God bless you all!

17 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by purplesummer(f): 12:17pm On Jun 08, 2016
bukunmmy:

Congrats Ma......... Greater heights IJN
God bless you sir.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by MrMann1(m): 12:19pm On Jun 08, 2016
congrats purplesummer
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by ratchy: 12:24pm On Jun 08, 2016
purplesummer:

I thought I'd have issues with my DS 160/ appointment page bar codes. I filled out a ds 160 for abj consulate and used the confirmation number to book appointment for lagos. Lol. Anyway, I had it sorted out, ran to walspring and he allayed my fears. Told me everything is fine.

So, I was the first person to arrive the lagos consulate at 5:10am. I didn't enjoy the wait though. One of the security guys told me I look good and that if I could just add a smile to it...so I had it mind to smile even when I didn't feel like it undecided

So after biometrics and all, we waited for the VOs to arrive. I was 3rd in line so I thought I'd be interviewed by the woman in window 3 but nah, God had better plans for me. I and the 1st 2 persons were interviewd at window 7. The chubby white guy.

PS(PurpleSummer): oh, I'm going for my masters in law. I'd be concentrating on Environmental law.

PS: (I smiled) they saw my profile on the Law school admission council website so they contacted me and encouraged me to apply

PS: I'd be taking courses on Energy Policy and Climate Change, Environmental Advocacy, Natural Resources Law, Toxic Tort (I spelt T-O-R-T for him so he won't think I mean thought. Lol. Vo nodded like...I know it's tort) and International Environmental Law.

PS: I attended the nigerian law school for one year, did my NYSC and since then I've been in active legal practice

When?

VO: (brings out white paper) I see you chose to collect your passport in portharcourt, (circles an address, handed me both paper, i-20 and sevis fee receipt) you'll need these at the point of entry...blah blah, I said thanks, he thanked me too.

I want to thank every single person on this thread, I dedicate this success to you all. A huge dosage of the thanks goes to walpring, Holudarey01, don4ye, bigfrancis21 (I gave him one helluva disturbance), OjahP, mystiqueme (Your words were both vissionary and prophetic) mekurexx, biodium et al. God bless you all!
Well detailed

Congratulations once again

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jun 08, 2016
malory84:

Yes thank you. I changed from Mass Communication to MPA because [s]I don't even have a single experience in my major[/s]. I have done more of NGO And banking. [s]So going for a masters in communication won't cut it for me. Besides, I don't even want to be in that industry. [/s]Do you think it's an ok reason to give?
Lool. Continue from your NGO and banking line.(your experience working for the NGO and career development, future goals)

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jun 08, 2016
ratchy:
Well detailed

Congratulations once again
No be like some skeleton transcript grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by don4ye: 12:34pm On Jun 08, 2016
profx4real:

Was she d 1 dt interviewed u also She sure die die die, e come be like I dy talk plenty sef
Yes Na. i won collect her cell number that day.( grin)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jun 08, 2016
I like this line 'One of the security guys told me I look good and that if I could just add a smile to it'..
Seems we have similar interest in solving environmental problems. I would be specializing in analytical/environmental chemistry.
Congrats once again purplesummer and enjoy your stay in obamaland.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by profx4real(m): 12:40pm On Jun 08, 2016
purplesummer:

When?

Congratulations bae!
I heard your conversation with the VO
U r d lady on white gown with glasses.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) ... (402)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.