Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,260 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

Dangerous Pothole On Lagos-ibadan Expressway - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dangerous Pothole On Lagos-ibadan Expressway (763 Views)

Tanker Explodes On Lagos - Ibadan Expressway, Vehicles Got Burnt(Photos, Video) / Residents Are Complaining About This Huge And Dangerous Pothole In London(Photo) / Family Cheats Death After Their Car Fell Into A Ditch While Dodging Pothole.PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dangerous Pothole On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by 2black1(m): 7:10pm On May 13, 2016
Saturday 7th May 2016 is a day I will not forget in a hurry.I was driving along Lagos-Ibadan expressway,close to Ogere in Ogun State ,around 8pm at a speed not exceeding 70km/hr cos there was a truck in front of me so I was being careful.
Suddenly I heard a loud bang; I drove over a terrible ditch in the middle of the road!(Note vehicle is almost brand new and tyres are 2015 tyres)
My front and rear tyres on the driver's side blew up immediately.Luckily I was able to control the car and come to a stop on the roadside without hitting anyone or getting hit.Imagine getting stranded on the highway late at night!
I discovered three other vehicles had suffered the same experience.
While there trying to get help from my friends in Sagamu, at least five other vehicles suffered similar fate and were forced to park by the roadside too.
Please be wary of this portion of the road about 10km to Ogere in Ogun State especially while driving at night.
Luckily I was able to get help and tow the car away from there without any harm.
Any other Nairalander ever experienced something similar?
Re: Dangerous Pothole On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by 2black1(m): 4:09pm On May 17, 2016
One reason why I hate travelling at night on Nigerian roads.
Re: Dangerous Pothole On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Kayraph(m): 4:50pm On May 21, 2016
You could have taken a pix of the bad spot with the surroundings and post here na.

Anyway, that road is notorious for such.

Lalasticlala over to you...
Re: Dangerous Pothole On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by 2black1(m): 11:19pm On May 28, 2016
Well incident happened in the night and the whole situation did not give room for taking pictures.
Mods, I am sure people use this road a lot so let them know.
Front pagevabeg.

(1) (Reply)

Travel Mistakes To Avoid When Going Abroad / Travelers May Soon Be Asked For Social Media Details Before Traveling To The US / Arik Airline Joins The Ancestors.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.