Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,297 members, 7,815,522 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:53 PM

Mark Zuckerberg Commends Jobberman Founders As Internet.org Free Basics Launches - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Mark Zuckerberg Commends Jobberman Founders As Internet.org Free Basics Launches (14871 Views)

₦26 Trillion Net, Mark Zuckerberg And Wife Pictured On The Street Of California / See Important Of Using Email As Internet Marketer Or Blogger / How To Submit Your Site/blog To Facebook Free-basics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Commends Jobberman Founders As Internet.org Free Basics Launches by elfico(m): 7:47am On May 14, 2016
Toroze:
Tried getting the app on Google play store but apparently its not available in my country
I used it on opera. just visit www.freebasics.com

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Commends Jobberman Founders As Internet.org Free Basics Launches by folks4luv(f): 7:53am On May 14, 2016
jobberman is an example of good packaging, those praising the platform arent measuring the effectiveness and impacts, the site only looks good on the surface. Nairaland is getting people jobs than jobberman.

5 Likes

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Commends Jobberman Founders As Internet.org Free Basics Launches by BrainnewsNg(f): 7:54am On May 14, 2016
Karm16:
You work hard, you get recognized by one of the world's tech giant. Then you can play hard.
Now this is what I call business.
SW Nigeria is home to Nigeria's technological hub.

mynd44
lalasticala

Yes. Thats it
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Commends Jobberman Founders As Internet.org Free Basics Launches by addictiv(m): 8:08am On May 14, 2016
folks4luv:
jobberman is an example of good packaging, those praising the platform arent measuring the effectiveness and impacts, the site only looks good on the surface. Nairaland is getting people jobs than jobberman.
I concour
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Commends Jobberman Founders As Internet.org Free Basics Launches by Nobody: 8:29am On May 14, 2016
Tolexander:
jobberman crew is one of the few Nigerians the Nigerian problem don help.

How 'very' possible is it for an American to think about connecting people looking for job and company looking for who to ask employ?
The site may not even get enough traffic since the level of unemployment is relatively very low.

You don't need data to access free basics.
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Commends Jobberman Founders As Internet.org Free Basics Launches by sunnyeinstein(m): 8:39am On May 14, 2016
Internet.org is a scam, it got rejected in india because it was built on favouritism alone and not the real issue of bringing internet to every home. India rejected it because the builders, facebook, excluded several sites from the platform and leaving only a few websites that favours them including facebook.com as we would expect. The other upshoot of this colonial idea is free basics and it is not free at all.
However, my curiosity with the people at facebook is what they hope to achieve in Nigeria given the fact that most Nigerians can use and afford the internet, even if just to subscribe to gain access to their whatsapp and facebook... time will tell though, i am highly interested in this partnership because it could make or break jobberman (they are a household name already anyways), airtel could lose money in these austere times if all doesn't go well, while facebook would lose more ground in trying to act the 'big brother' role to so-called 'poor countries'. I think they should have been told already that we are no slow-poke though, fingers crossed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Commends Jobberman Founders As Internet.org Free Basics Launches by sunnyeinstein(m): 8:42am On May 14, 2016
greenpasture:

but according to what i heard, to access websites not listed in there it'll require you buy data... unless they are trying to win people over initially sha.

not interested in the freebasics thing anyway
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Commends Jobberman Founders As Internet.org Free Basics Launches by Nobody: 8:54am On May 14, 2016
sunnyeinstein:

but according to what i heard, to access websites not listed in there it'll require you buy data... unless they are trying to win people over initially sha.

not interested in the freebasics thing anyway

You are correct.

It's a limited Web, very similar to the AOL walled garden of the late 80's 90's. It's not meant for people in urban areas who use the www. It is intended to drive up Google traffic stats and provide user data for people currently outside Google user base.

In return, this juices up Google revenue smiley
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Commends Jobberman Founders As Internet.org Free Basics Launches by sunnyeinstein(m): 9:07am On May 14, 2016
greenpasture:

You are correct.

It's a limited Web, very similar to the AOL walled garden of the late 80's 90's. It's not meant for people in urban areas who use the www. It is intended to drive up Google traffic stats and provide user data for people currently outside Google user base.

In return, this juices up Google revenue smiley

well, in other words they need the rural people (that is if there are still some who havent used 2go yet grin ) to use it in order to beef up their statistical data which they'd need to sell to shareholders and intending investors. I think Zuckerburg has not really learnt his lesson from the failed India mission but is trying to play smart here investment-wise cool... problem here is that we are nigerians and once we get to know the truth which is that freebasics is not free we go just walk away and not make a fuss like those indians did, in other words we won't tell Zuckerb we no dey do again he'd just see statistic going down without reason!!! grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Commends Jobberman Founders As Internet.org Free Basics Launches by sunnyeinstein(m): 10:00am On May 14, 2016
greenpasture:

First you need an airtel sim, secondly if you wan to visit other sites outside those hosted on freebasic your data WILL suffer loss....

Now how is that free?
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Commends Jobberman Founders As Internet.org Free Basics Launches by Nobody: 10:23am On May 14, 2016
sunnyeinstein:

First you need an airtel sim, secondly if you wan to visit other sites outside those hosted on freebasic your data WILL suffer loss....

Now how is that free?

Free Basics is walled garden Internet similar to AOL's offering in the 80's- early 90's. Access within the limits of that wall is free. It isn't intended for people who already have Internet access But rather for rural dwellers without access. I am not taking odds on the likelihood of success but it is what it is
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Commends Jobberman Founders As Internet.org Free Basics Launches by anigold(m): 10:43am On May 14, 2016
Karm16:
You work hard, you get recognized by one of the world's tech giant. Then you can play hard.

mynd44
lalasticala
i dont like free things because the comes with an unpleasant clause..
Why is Mark not offering the free internet.org in the US.

These white folks always think Africans are fools..
If the free internet was not good why not try it in the US or dont they have poor people in the US...
India immediately rejected this rubbish

1 Like

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Commends Jobberman Founders As Internet.org Free Basics Launches by anigold(m): 10:53am On May 14, 2016
i think he has a visison he is just contented with what he has now, u cant say someone who started Nairaland.com
in 2005 when internet usage in Nigeria was very poor has no vision...

2 Likes

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Commends Jobberman Founders As Internet.org Free Basics Launches by YoungWriter(m): 12:00pm On May 14, 2016
There are plenty of organisations and websites that help Americans looking for high-paying jobs. You don't hear about them in Nigeria because they aren't useful to us.
Also, the level of unemployment over there isn't low. Why do you think they want illegal immigrants deported?
I'd add it isn't as bad as ours, though.

Tolexander:
jobberman crew is one of the few Nigerians the Nigerian problem don help.

How 'very' possible is it for an American to think about connecting people looking for job and company looking for who to ask employ?
The site may not even get enough traffic since the level of unemployment is relatively very low.
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Commends Jobberman Founders As Internet.org Free Basics Launches by Tonydeeb(m): 1:56pm On May 14, 2016
True that, Seun *** he just needs to get out there and stop hiding behind his computer system... He's a celebrity and shouldn't remain faceless forever.
Even his fb acct isn't active, though the guy might be using some other accounts both on here and fb, but that isn't just good enough!.
Take for example Clement Oguns(if you know him)...is a Nigerian blogger who started a small newspaper venture not quite long, made waves within a short period of time and doing very well for himself today, even not quite long, saw a pix of him with Comedian Bovi...this is as a result of not staying hidden and actually doing something worthwhile.
So, in my opinion, him coming outta his shell will actually help him and hundreds of Nigerians even more than Nairaland is doing now.
...and as per the registered data thingy, it's so because NL actually allows reading, and doing just about anything save commenting on NL and this is the reason why the users seem not to be that much.
In my opinion, over 12million people use NL daily, some intentionally, others via google and other search medias.

1 Like

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Commends Jobberman Founders As Internet.org Free Basics Launches by phemybof(m): 2:37pm On May 14, 2016
Karm16:

mynd44
lalasticala

CONFIRMED
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Commends Jobberman Founders As Internet.org Free Basics Launches by Seun(m): 3:58pm On May 14, 2016
The Jobberman founders deserve to be commended by Zuckerberg because they created a real business employing lots and lots of people and they have an inspiring story that is quite similar to Zuckerberg's story. I am just a weird geek who runs a web forum. There's no comparison. wink

Btw, I think Nairaland now works properly on Free Basics. Pls let me know if you experience any more errors.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Commends Jobberman Founders As Internet.org Free Basics Launches by Nobody: 4:00pm On May 14, 2016
Seun:
The Jobberman founders deserve to be commended by Zuckerberg because they created a real business employing lots and lots of people and they have an inspiring story that is quite similar to Zuckerberg's story. I am just a lone geek who runs a web forum. There's no comparison. wink
he needs to commend you too.
but boss is there vacancy in the mod section? I really need a job
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Commends Jobberman Founders As Internet.org Free Basics Launches by joseph1832(m): 4:03pm On May 14, 2016
Seun:
The Jobberman founders deserve to be commended by Zuckerberg because they created a real business employing lots and lots of people and they have an inspiring story that is quite similar to Zuckerberg's story. I am just a lone geek who runs a web forum. There's no comparison. wink

Btw, I think Nairaland now works properly on Free Basics. Pls let me know if you experience any errors.
Was thinking calling you that will always get me banned. So I opted for Master Yoda. tongue
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Commends Jobberman Founders As Internet.org Free Basics Launches by joseph1832(m): 4:04pm On May 14, 2016
olihilistic:
he needs to commend you too.
but boss is there vacancy in the mod section? I really need a job
Use jobberman. Beside, I believe you don't know the mods here work pro bono?
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Commends Jobberman Founders As Internet.org Free Basics Launches by smogup: 4:14pm On May 14, 2016
Barbarthundey:
Zuckerberg!!! How far nau... Wetin dey xup grin

Can you just dash me $1000 for no reason? I need it urgently
Oga go jobberman go find job
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Commends Jobberman Founders As Internet.org Free Basics Launches by Nobody: 5:03pm On May 14, 2016
Seun:
The Jobberman founders deserve to be commended by Zuckerberg because they created a real business employing lots and lots of people and they have an inspiring story that is quite similar to Zuckerberg's story. I am just a weird geek who runs a web forum. There's no comparison. wink

Btw, I think Nairaland now works properly on Free Basics. Pls let me know if you experience any more errors.

Off Free Basics now, the Nairaland homepage keeps displaying an "the page isn't redirecting properly" error message on Mozilla Firefox and Opera, especially when using PC with the airtel network. Look into this, please. Aside me, I've seen similar complaints on different threads.
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Commends Jobberman Founders As Internet.org Free Basics Launches by Barbarthundey(m): 5:07pm On May 14, 2016
smogup:
Oga go jobberman go find job
grin you too fit help a brother nau
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Commends Jobberman Founders As Internet.org Free Basics Launches by Karm16: 1:25am On May 15, 2016
anigold:

i dont like free things because the comes with an unpleasant clause..
Why is Mark not offering the free internet.org in the US.

These white folks always think Africans are fools..
If the free internet was not good why not try it in the US or dont they have poor people in the US...
India immediately rejected this rubbish

You have a good point here. Americans do think Africans are less developed and need helping hand. TBH with you, most american venues have free wifi. If you go to a coffee shop, they have free wifi etc. Google offers Americans free internet through Google fiber sha.
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Commends Jobberman Founders As Internet.org Free Basics Launches by Karm16: 1:26am On May 15, 2016
Seun:

You know, I may not like you, but I have to respect this comment. Very humble.
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Commends Jobberman Founders As Internet.org Free Basics Launches by bot101(m): 8:25am On May 15, 2016
Seun:

Hey Seun, the Nairaland header link and that in the disclaimer (footer) do not work, saying too many redirects. That is a major way I and many other people navigate back to the home page. Do something about it soon, thanks.
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Commends Jobberman Founders As Internet.org Free Basics Launches by bot101(m): 8:31am On May 15, 2016
Seun:

I'd also like to know if Nairaland has an API, or anything similar to it, really want to develop something for Nairaland, thanks.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Chinese Version Of Twitter "Weibo" Has More Traffic Than The Original Twitter So / How To Invite All Your Facebook Friends At Once To Like Your Page (Updated) / How To Verify Us Paypal With Boa Vba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.