Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,047 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:19 AM

'I Regret Making Many Unforced Errors On Nigeria'- British Pm,cameron - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'I Regret Making Many Unforced Errors On Nigeria'- British Pm,cameron (1044 Views)

Too Many Unforced Errors Under Buhari – Soyinka / "I Regret Making Udom Governor" - Akpabio / I Regret Convening Meeting Same Day Saraki, Ekweremadu Were Elected - Oyegun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

'I Regret Making Many Unforced Errors On Nigeria'- British Pm,cameron by olillywales(m): 11:37am On May 14, 2016
British Prime Minister David Cameron has admitted making many “unforced errors” in the last 24 hours.

Speaking when he appeared before the House of Commons, which summoned him over disparaging comments about Nigeria and Afghanistan, Cameron made a U-turn, saying both countries were making “remarkable steps forward” in their war against anti-corruption.

He said: “First of all, I had better check the microphone is on before speaking… tips on diplomacy are useful, given the last 24 hours, I have made many unforced errors.

“The leaders of Nigeria and Afghanistan are battling hard against very corrupt systems and have made remarkable steps forward.”

Angus Robertson, Scottish National Party leader, was said to have asked Cameron if he had heard the complaints of some Nigerian anti-corruption activists, who said their efforts were “seriously undermined” by the UK authorities.

“The role of London’s property market to conceal stolen wealth has been exposed in court documents, reports, documentaries and more.

“What is the Prime Minister going to do about this?” Robertson reportedly asked.

In his response, Cameron was quoted as saying: “Action is necessary by developed countries, as well as developing countries, and the steps we are taking to make sure that foreign companies that own UK property have to declare who the beneficial owner is will be one of the ways we make sure that plundered money from African countries can’t be hidden in London.”

Cameron had come under fire since the video of a private conversation he had with the Queen, with Archbishop of Canterbury, Justin Welby, in attendance, where he referred to Nigeria and Afghanistan as “fantastically corrupt countries,” a remark that did not go down well with Welby, who vouched for the integrity of the Nigerian leader, with whom he met yesterday at Lambert Palace, London.

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/05/i-regret-making-many-unforced-errors-on.html

cc: lalasticlala mynd44
Re: 'I Regret Making Many Unforced Errors On Nigeria'- British Pm,cameron by yungpowers(m): 11:41am On May 14, 2016
R
Re: 'I Regret Making Many Unforced Errors On Nigeria'- British Pm,cameron by Sall(m): 11:44am On May 14, 2016
Well fare enough.
Re: 'I Regret Making Many Unforced Errors On Nigeria'- British Pm,cameron by fiizznation: 11:57am On May 14, 2016
Cameron is a loudmouthed person with condescending attitude{infact I think all Brits have this condescending attitude in them}. You just need to hear how they{Brits} speak about Americans/America and their fellow Europeans in that their usual condescending tune. I don't know, but an average Brit sees himself as superior to any other being on this planet earth. Well maybe is because of the "english language" factor. It just doesn't matter to them if you are Hispanic, Caucasian, white or black, the average Brit will have one or more condescending opinion about you or where you come from. At a time, even queen Elizabeth was caught slamming the Chinese officials by calling them rude. Funny.

People shouldn't bother about what Cameron said or didn't say because that's how the Brits are and I don't think they will ever change even though they{Brits} are relatively nice people
Re: 'I Regret Making Many Unforced Errors On Nigeria'- British Pm,cameron by Amberon: 12:29pm On May 14, 2016
I would've spammed his twitter with insults.. but who insults help?
Re: 'I Regret Making Many Unforced Errors On Nigeria'- British Pm,cameron by Bawsse(m): 12:46pm On May 14, 2016
I fink I now understand buhari anti corruption drive, he is nt only fighting it from within, he has painted it it's real color on d international scene and shone real attention to both the looters (Nigeria) and the loot holders (UK n allies) thereby "unclothing" us all, and isn't this how we do, call it the jungle justice on corruption

The western world is confused, they've never seen such an African leader, so blunt

God bless PMB

Long live the Federal Republic of Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: 'I Regret Making Many Unforced Errors On Nigeria'- British Pm,cameron by estyvino(m): 1:03pm On May 14, 2016
I maintain my stand, I need no apology from David Cameron he should facilitate the return of Nigerian stolen wealth.

My people, have I spoken ur mind?
Re: 'I Regret Making Many Unforced Errors On Nigeria'- British Pm,cameron by gaetano: 1:11pm On May 14, 2016
In one Republic's voice "it's too late to apologize......" grin

Re: 'I Regret Making Many Unforced Errors On Nigeria'- British Pm,cameron by TheFreeOne: 1:16pm On May 14, 2016
This was just sent to me by a proud Nigerian:

REGARDING DAVID CAMERON'S CONDESCENDING COMMENTS TO THE QUEEN YESTERDAY ABOUT NIGERIA & BUHARI'S PREVIOUS GAFFE:

All over the world Nigerians are setting the pace and becoming the standard by which others measure themselves #CelebrateYourNigerianness!

In the US, Nigerians are the most educated immigrant community. Type it into Google and you'll see it. Not one of the most educated, the most educated #CelebrateYourNigerianness!

60% of Nigerians in the US have college degrees. This is far above the American national average of 30% #CelebrateYourNigerianness!

Nigerians in US are one of the highest earners, typically earning 25% more than the median US income of $53k #CelebrateYourNigerianness!

In Ivy League schools in Europe and America, Nigerians routinely outperform their peers from other nations #CelebrateYourNigerianness!

A Nigerian family, The Imafidon family, have officially been named the smartest family in the UK #CelebrateYourNigerianness!

The designer of the famous car, Chevrolet Volt, Jelani Aliyu, is a super talented Nigerian from Sokoto State #CelebrateYourNigerianness!

The wealthiest Black man and woman on earth are Nigerians, Aliko Dangote and Mrs. Folorunsho Alakija #CelebrateYourNigerianness!

South Africa couldn't have ended apartheid & achieved Black rule if not for the leadership role Nigeria played #CelebrateYourNigerianness!

Of the 3 Presidents who ruled South Africa after apartheid, two of them once lived in Nigeria under asylum #CelebrateYourNigerianness!

Both Nelson Mandela (60s) and Thabo Mbeki (70s) lived in Nigeria before becoming President of South Africa. We gave financial support, human support, boycotted an Olympics and our politicians, musicians and activists campaigned relentlessly. #CelebrateYourNigerianness!

Nigeria spent over $3 Billion and lost hundreds of soldiers to end the wars in both Liberia and Sierra Leone that the world ignored because they have no oil. #CelebrateYourNigerianness!

When there was a coup in São Tomé and Príncipe in 2003, Nigeria restored the elected President back to power #CelebrateYourNigerianness!

Before there were street lights in European cities, ancient Benin kingdom had street lights fueled by palm oil #CelebrateYourNigerianness!

500 years ago, Benin cast metal alloys to create magnificent art including the world famous Queen Ida Mask #CelebrateYourNigerianness!

Amina was a warrior queen who ruled Zaria Emirate in Kaduna state, Northwestern Nigeria 400 years ago in 1610. We gave monetary gifts to Ireland during our oil boom and built a statue for France free of charge.
The first television station in Africa was NTA Ibadan (1960) long before Ireland had their RTE station.
#CelebrateYourNigerianness!

Wherever you look in this great country, Nigeria, heroes abound both now and in our recent and ancient past. #CelebrateYourNigerianness!

If all you do is listen to mainstream Western media, you'll not get the full picture of your Nigerian heritage #CelebrateYourNigerianness!

Do not listen to any leader who says Nigerians are criminals, no matter who he is, or his height and position #CelebrateYourNigerianness!

We're not a nation of scammers, drugs & corruption, but a people with a verifiable track record of greatness. #CelebrateYouNigerianness!

What CNN, BBC, Aljezeera and western media will not tell you about Nigerians.
On the 7th May, 2016 at Howard University in Washington D.C history was made. Out of 96 graduating Doctor of Pharmacy candidates, 43 of them were Nigerians and out of 27 awards given, 16 went to Nigerians.
#CelebrateYourNigerianness!

They will only tell you how Nigerians are scammers and cheats, how Nigerians are into drugs overseas et al.

If you don't blow your trumpet, no one will blow it for you.
VIVA NAIJA

You are NOT a criminal. Be proud of Nigeria. Be proud of our heritage. Be enthusiastic of our future greatness #CelebrateYourNigerianness!.
I am proud to be a Nigerian! The difference is clear 7up

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Artist Impression Of Nigerian Navy Elite SBS Commandos / (finally Asari Dokubo Speaks About ND Avengers, Biafra; Sends Message To PMB) / Exxomobile Stop Lying- Niger Delta Avengers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.