Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,204 members, 7,822,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:55 AM

Ifeanyi Okowa Establishes Advocacy Committee To Stop Militants’ Attacks - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ifeanyi Okowa Establishes Advocacy Committee To Stop Militants’ Attacks (17192 Views)

Wike And Ifeanyi Okowa Inspect Ongoing Construction In Asaba (Photos) / Oil Exports On Course Despite Militants’ Attacks- Vanguard / Four Power Plants Shut After Militants’ Attacks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Establishes Advocacy Committee To Stop Militants’ Attacks by odikimi: 4:31pm On May 14, 2016
ba7man:
Then why were you guys shouting and crying all over then if it was "just" 20 people that died.

Keep supporting Gun carrying militants, the Nigerian military will soon come visit you to kill 20 more..... you think this is GEJ's administration that's begging them with money?

We in the Southwest are supporting industries, economic integration, peaceful co existence for a better society........... while dafts like you are supporting blowing up your industry to protest... very "smart" of you.

I don't want to see your refugee ars* in the Southwest when you finish helping to poison your air, land and water and nobody wants to visit or invest in your region.

Hello parvenu, I never supported militancy and will not. I v written some articles on the need to stop this nonsense because Buhari is looking for way to annihilate the entire south south and east because of the belief northerners have that Boko Haram was caused by Jonathan to reduce their population.
I am only kicking against Zombies threat of buhari ds and dat. What ignited this whole issue is your useless hyping of the dulapo as a new sheriff.
Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Establishes Advocacy Committee To Stop Militants’ Attacks by bodeloja: 4:36pm On May 14, 2016
Dollyak:
indeed. What happened to the 13% derivation? I think they should look inward first before attacking the federal government.

The oil belong to dem, be grateful for wat u get or leave their oil.

If u don't see it, then picture Saudi Arabia Oil as belonging to all of us.(U.S)

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Establishes Advocacy Committee To Stop Militants’ Attacks by Dollyak(f): 4:40pm On May 14, 2016
bodeloja:

The oil belong to dem, be grateful for wat u get or leave their oil.
I am not a hypocrite, so I have no problem with that. Nevertheless, I found it curious not much development (relatively) is going on in SS despite having the highest allocation.

3 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Establishes Advocacy Committee To Stop Militants’ Attacks by bodeloja: 4:42pm On May 14, 2016
Dollyak:

I am not a hypocrite, so I have no problem with that. Nevertheless, I found it curious not much development (relatively) is going on in SS despite having the highest allocation.

I agree with you on that, it is a big shame becos they have nothing to show for it. SS has the highest number of jobless youth after the North.
Fertile ground for recruitment of militant or insurgent.

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Establishes Advocacy Committee To Stop Militants’ Attacks by Nobody: 5:00pm On May 14, 2016
The south south kai kai drunkards should not dare Buhari o. He is a retired general.
Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Establishes Advocacy Committee To Stop Militants’ Attacks by jpphilips(m): 5:13pm On May 14, 2016
Boko haram was degraded in part by the civilian JTF, these are people who we thought are not educated yet they understand they are at the receiving end of Boko's nefarious acts.
The so called educated easterners are yet to make a sane connection between the attacks and their suffering. .
Only time will tell.
Fall in oil price nearly crippled Nigeria, production cut will send a deadlier message, brace yourselves gentlemen!

5 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Establishes Advocacy Committee To Stop Militants’ Attacks by ba7man(m): 5:54pm On May 14, 2016
odikimi:

Hello parvenu, I never supported militancy and will not. I v written some articles on the need to stop this nonsense because Buhari is looking for way to annihilate the entire south south and east because of the belief northerners have that Boko Haram was caused by Jonathan to reduce their population.
I am only kicking against Zombies threat of buhari ds and dat. What ignited this whole issue is your useless hyping of the dulapo as a new sheriff.
Jonathan didn't start Boko Haram but his actions encouraged it (Sharing the allocations meant for defence amongst his croonies through Dasuki ).

How did you conclude that Buhari is looking for ways to destroy the Southeast and south south?

Most of you guys are just paranoid which results irrational thinking and actions.

The enemies of your region are your leaders that collect bogus sums of allocations and have little or nothing to show for it. You guys never scrutinize them but scream "Buhari" because it's easier.

There's no amount of money pumped into the south south that will satisfy its average indegene until you start selecting leaders based on merit and not how well they opposed APC.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Establishes Advocacy Committee To Stop Militants’ Attacks by rusher14: 6:17pm On May 14, 2016
I keep using Ogun State as a good example.

No rancour, attracting massive investments with factories and farms finding her a veritable home.

They are at the point of laying rail lines and you can imagine how this would attract even more investments.

I am an Ijaw man but I find our attitude quite nauseating.
The presence of oil should be a bonus to our lives not the purpose for our existence.

7 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Establishes Advocacy Committee To Stop Militants’ Attacks by kellyJames5(m): 6:26pm On May 14, 2016
[quote author=kenonze post=45613698They won't achivers anything meaningful.
NIGER DELTA avengers is brain child of Tompolo.
Tompolo sponsored Governor Okowo election.

Only federal government can Crush Them with intelligence or using OBJ 's Method[/quote]

Hague Buhari goes if he try that.
Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Establishes Advocacy Committee To Stop Militants’ Attacks by amaechi1: 7:01pm On May 14, 2016
yungpowers:
Our brothers should keep off because we don't want to shed our own blood.
All we are fighting For is a good tomorrow for our kids. Do not be used in fighting your own self by some selfish self centered politicians.
We are not terrorist, we are fighting a just course.

Mr fighter, you fight from the comfort of your home? Have you slept under bridge before? Talk more in the creek. Please, tell your miscreants when next they want to bomb, they should go interland (pipeline seated inside the village), then I will know they are serious.

3 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Establishes Advocacy Committee To Stop Militants’ Attacks by odikimi: 7:13pm On May 14, 2016
ba7man:
Jonathan didn't start Boko Haram but his actions encouraged it (Sharing the allocations meant for defence amongst his croonies through Dasuki ).

How did you conclude that Buhari is looking for ways to destroy the Southeast and south south?

Most of you guys are just paranoid which results irrational thinking and actions.

The enemies of your region are your leaders that collect bogus sums of allocations and have little or nothing to show for it. You guys never scrutinize them but scream "Buhari" because it's easier.

There's no amount of money pumped into the south south that will satisfy its average indegene until you start selecting leaders based on merit and not how well they opposed APC.
Hello ungrateful fellow, you guys are so funny and brainless. The alleged stolen money was during the election period, before then what used to be your comments toward Boko Haram and Jonathan? I make bold and without reservation that, Boko Haram was introduced to make Jonathan look incompetent.
I for one don't like to eulogise the new insurgent hovering the Niger Delta but when I remember how u guys tainted Jonathan with BH it calls for one's support. Do your worst, I tut you guys said there is new Sheriff in Town. Abeg gba gbe ja re

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Establishes Advocacy Committee To Stop Militants’ Attacks by ogmask: 7:22pm On May 14, 2016
Ebubeslym:
Splendid.

This is the stance a state/region should take when acts of violence begin to rear its ugly head.

Unlike the Northeners who chose instead to blame GEJ.

Thumbs up Delta

Balderdash.

This is just another avenue to chop money. If okowa wants peace he knows who to talk to. He hosted him in govt house 3 thursdays ago even when he knows the man is wanted by the Nigerian state. Okowa should just shut up and deal with his already over bloated cabinet.
Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Establishes Advocacy Committee To Stop Militants’ Attacks by lielbree: 7:30pm On May 14, 2016
kenonze:
They won't achivers anything meaningful.

Only federal government can Crush Them with intelligence or using OBJ 's Method
Obj method will kill them and also all the pipelines
Nigeria won't recover in the next 50years
Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Establishes Advocacy Committee To Stop Militants’ Attacks by WhoRUDeceiving: 7:33pm On May 14, 2016
kenonze:

Which kine federal government wey get fuel crisis day in day out. Even Buhari agree with British that the Ni.gger Area is phu.cked. Or is it the Vice President that is there making fulani elder tea?
Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Establishes Advocacy Committee To Stop Militants’ Attacks by odikimi: 7:34pm On May 14, 2016
ogmask:

Balderdash.

This is just another avenue to chop money. If okowa wants peace he knows who to talk to. He hosted him in govt house 3 thursdays ago even when he knows the man is wanted by the Nigerian state. Okowa should just shut up and deal with his already over bloated cabinet.

DSS alert, this man knows more than u do. Arrest him he will tell us how he knew about it.

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Establishes Advocacy Committee To Stop Militants’ Attacks by allthingsgood: 7:34pm On May 14, 2016
Niger delta people sha. Na wa!

Keep destroying oil facilities and polluting your land, thinking u are punishing fg. Tomorrow its still same u that will beg fg to come clean up your mess.

2 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Establishes Advocacy Committee To Stop Militants’ Attacks by Nellybii: 7:36pm On May 14, 2016
odikimi:

I just tire for these set of people, just live him to his sheer ignorance. As far as I am concern, Obj is d weakest among our former presidents when it comes to fighting insurgent. He believes in gragra just like Buhari and end up escalating Militancy to the level that it became uncontrollable. Let Buhari use force and see how they help crumble his already crumbling government.

So you support the blowing of pipelines right?
This is too daft to be true.

4 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Establishes Advocacy Committee To Stop Militants’ Attacks by LydayBobo(m): 7:36pm On May 14, 2016
yungpowers:
All we are fighting For is a good tomorrow for our kids. Do not be used in fighting your own self by some selfish self centered politicians.
by blowing up your own backyard?

4 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Establishes Advocacy Committee To Stop Militants’ Attacks by kstix(m): 7:38pm On May 14, 2016
naijagobetter:
go check youe history books , it was abacha that created these hydra
really? where did you get your history book from. my God... unbelievable.. nigerians and formulation of history.. i tire o
Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Establishes Advocacy Committee To Stop Militants’ Attacks by tete7000(m): 7:39pm On May 14, 2016
kenonze:

If other stakeholders in the state say No, it will end. One tree cannot make a forest. The people will end up selling him out. Militancy thrive in the past because virtually the entire people that matter in the state one way or the other endorsed it. Since amnesty was granted and time elapsed it seems people no longer find it attractive again going by the utterances coming recently from the Delta.

Finally obj method never worked, it actually introduced militancy. Before then what you have was just community restiveness not armed struggle. The killing of innocent people in Odi and other places gave people the reason to arm themselves against the state.
Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Establishes Advocacy Committee To Stop Militants’ Attacks by nylawal(m): 7:40pm On May 14, 2016
I'm sure they av been watching too much of d avenger movies. the moment a warrant for Tompolo's arrest was issued that I when these guys became active. Tompolo is a criminal who Gej made an overnight billionaire. I guy ha disappeared since probably to the creeks. At least now u av some properties to ur name. A word is enough for me wise.
Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Establishes Advocacy Committee To Stop Militants’ Attacks by allthingsgood: 7:40pm On May 14, 2016
rusher14:
I keep using Ogun State as a good example.

No rancour, attracting massive investments with factories and farms finding her a veritable home.

They are at the point of laying rail lines and you can imagine how this would attract even more investments.

I am an Ijaw man but I find our attitude quite nauseating.
The presence of oil should be a bonus to our lives not the purpose for our existence.

Very intelligent
Am from the niger delta. This is all just a big mess!

2 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Establishes Advocacy Committee To Stop Militants’ Attacks by ogmask: 7:41pm On May 14, 2016
kenonze:

I believe what the gov of delta state is trying to do is to score a cheap political point like alamco did befor we knew his tactics. Pple will soon start asking questions about what he did with delta money. It's time to Create the problem, increase your security vote, move in to solve the problem then get a big hurray for nothing.
Everything about the avengers has Tom polo in it. Everything!

His younger brother/boy, whom he imposed as his eye in the govt, will lead the committee to his (Tom polo) home town/area to meet with (his) the pple to find a lasting solution to the crises. Which militant wan do anyhow for delta state not talk of gbaramatu kingdom without the blessing of the GOVERNMENT himself. abeg next chapter.

Jokers.

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Establishes Advocacy Committee To Stop Militants’ Attacks by odikimi: 7:42pm On May 14, 2016
allthingsgood:
Niger delta people sha. Na wa!

Keep destroying oil facilities and polluting your land, thinking u are punishing fg. Tomorrow its still same u that will beg fg to come clean up your mess.
Like you talk to Northerners for killing their people.
lol, though not in support but stop crying more that the bereaved. The fg has always abandoned us. Jonathan, Obj and Buhari are all failures
Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Establishes Advocacy Committee To Stop Militants’ Attacks by histemple: 7:42pm On May 14, 2016
The Niger Delta crisis is a serious matter that requires serious policy, committed, courageous and HONEST leadership to resolve.

Okowa has just shown another ineptitude sign.

The Niger Delta has been complaining about environmental
damage from oil exploration and rising unemployment and poverty in the region, but the successive governments and the multi-national oil corporations have been insensitive to the plight of the people.

The people have endured a long history of economic and social injustice and they are now “tired of being at the bottom.”

I don't support the activities of the militants, but the truth is that, Niger Deltans have been suffering from
environmental degradation and pollution through oil spillage and gas flaring.

There are many other “Tales of Agony” destroying the landscape that I do not deem necessary to drop here.

The crisis in the Niger Delta is not complex by itself but the approach to resolving it makes it complex and dangerous. The people are not asking for anything out of the ordinary.

There is no justification why the region that is home to Nigeria’s oil wealth should remain the most impoverished in the nation. What a paradox! Just travel down to the communities and you will notice the lack of basic infrastructure, good road network, quality health care facilities, good schools and portable water etc.

The oil wealth is not being used to develop the area. The successive governments have collected billions of dollars from the land over the decades, but little (if any) has been invested in the area to improve the people’s living conditions. Is there anything wrong in investing some money that are realized from the oil extracted from the region to improve the people’s living conditions?

The main causes of Niger Delta crisis are greed, selfishness, deprivation, poverty, and “social injustice.”

Social justice, according to experts, is that the same contribution equals the same benefit.
A person’s“benefit" equals his or her “contribution". No community should be given more when it contributes less or be given less when it contributes more! Social injustice and selective favouritism is repugnant to natural justice.

That is the crux of the matter in the Niger Delta crisis! The Niger Delta is contributing a lot to the economic well being of Nigeria and it is getting nothing but destruction in return. Social justice is an important ingredient for “socioeconomic development.” It creates “a healthy, harmonious, reliable social and psychological atmosphere that will stimulate economic development.” And because of social injustice the entire nation is slowly becoming politically and
economically very unstable.
Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Establishes Advocacy Committee To Stop Militants’ Attacks by Nobody: 7:43pm On May 14, 2016
yungpowers:
For ur mind u be NDA, bloody Igbos, claiming wat u are not.

2 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Establishes Advocacy Committee To Stop Militants’ Attacks by ba7man(m): 7:44pm On May 14, 2016
odikimi:

Hello ungrateful fellow, you guys are so funny and brainless. The alleged stolen money was during the election period, before then what used to be your comments toward Boko Haram and Jonathan? I make bold and without reservation that, Boko Haram was introduced to make Jonathan look incompetent.
I for one don't like to eulogise the new insurgent hovering the Niger Delta but when I remember how u guys tainted Jonathan with BH it calls for one's support. Do your worst, I tut you guys said there is new Sheriff in Town. Abeg gba gbe ja re
Boko haram was funded to make him look incompetent and they proved it that he truly was.......

It also exposed him as a thief, whose criminal ways and associates almost wrecked the nation(Just look at how he permitted Dasuki to divert the funds meant to tackle insurgents ). He now saw elections coming and started doing face value.

We're still trying to get ourselves out of the position he put us.

3 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Establishes Advocacy Committee To Stop Militants’ Attacks by hringbraut: 7:48pm On May 14, 2016
Alrice
Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Establishes Advocacy Committee To Stop Militants’ Attacks by dmighty: 7:57pm On May 14, 2016
Blizzy9ja:
All the hausa/fulani owned oil blocs in the Niger Delta should be shut down until the licenses are withdrawn and and handed over to the state govt

This is the issue: GEJ was there for five years. Niger Deltans, elders, militants etc turned Aso Rock to Hostel. They knew these oil blocks palaver. They took their own personal shares, looted individually with Jona but, what will benefit the entire region was never discussed.
And you think it is now that easy to discuss it? That is where we have big issue...We always delay what we can all cry about until it wears tribal lens...
Not that simple!

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Establishes Advocacy Committee To Stop Militants’ Attacks by BarryX(m): 7:57pm On May 14, 2016
ba7man:
Then why were you guys shouting and crying all over then if it was "just" 20 people that died.

Keep supporting Gun carrying militants, the Nigerian military will soon come visit you to kill 20 more..... you think this is GEJ's administration that's begging them with money?

We in the Southwest are supporting industries, economic integration, peaceful co existence for a better society........... while dafts like you are supporting blowing up your industry to protest... very "smart" of you.

I don't want to see your refugee ars* in the Southwest when you finish helping to poison your air, land and water and nobody wants to visit or invest in your region.

It seems this is so painful to you.

But Oga relax nobody is coming to your "flourishing" south West as refugees.

Whenever you say south West next time please can you be more specific?

Apart from Lagos I don't know any where else in the region

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Establishes Advocacy Committee To Stop Militants’ Attacks by aimuan(m): 7:58pm On May 14, 2016
ba7man:
On the contrary, the people supporting these militants are daft.

Imagine Lagosians blowing up corporate buildings to protest the lopsided remittance of taxes to the FG and it's indegenes are happy about it.

No that's daft but it's what people like you are doing.
say the truth for once.is it fare for northerners to own 90percent of the oil block on Niger delta?while the region remain undeveloped?
Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Establishes Advocacy Committee To Stop Militants’ Attacks by MADrator: 8:03pm On May 14, 2016
odikimi:

I just tire for these set of people, just live him to his sheer ignorance. As far as I am concern, Obj is d weakest among our former presidents when it comes to fighting insurgent. He believes in gragra just like Buhari and end up escalating Militancy to the level that it became uncontrollable. Let Buhari use force and see how they help bury his already crumbled/dead government.

Fixed! cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Cattle Colony: Cross River Has No Land For Ruga Settlement – PANDEF Tells FG / Senate Begins Screening Of Ministerial Nominees Wednesday / Imo, Uzodinma Under Attack By Enemies – APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.