Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,191 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:06 AM

Finally I Have Crossed The Bridge Of Agnostism Into The Land Of Atheism - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Finally I Have Crossed The Bridge Of Agnostism Into The Land Of Atheism (13098 Views)

Communist Leaders Killed 250 MILLION Because Of Atheism. ATHEISM motivated them / Finally I Have Found Him / The Absurdity Of Atheism - Article (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Finally I Have Crossed The Bridge Of Agnostism Into The Land Of Atheism by dankol: 7:54pm On May 14, 2016
You are irreligiously welcome bro
Re: Finally I Have Crossed The Bridge Of Agnostism Into The Land Of Atheism by Richirich713: 7:55pm On May 14, 2016
Weah96:

A God, yes, but not a talking God. There's a huge difference. A God can be defined according to anyone's discretion provided it remains silent.

but a intelligent, eternal, powerful conscious God. That's nothing like atheism.
Re: Finally I Have Crossed The Bridge Of Agnostism Into The Land Of Atheism by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:01pm On May 14, 2016
No one cares ... You can also cross into the land of total stupi.dity and mental slavery , a willful submission and subjection to derision - there's still time for that phase

3 Likes

Re: Finally I Have Crossed The Bridge Of Agnostism Into The Land Of Atheism by Weah96: 8:16pm On May 14, 2016
Richirich713:

but a intelligent, eternal, powerful conscious God. That's nothing like atheism.

Yes it is. As long as the God doesn't reveal anything to one person, it is a watered down form atheism. The deist God doesn't speak to human beings. So there's nothing to argue about other than the chicken and egg debate. There are atheists who claim that consciousness is God. Others agree that a potential creator of the universe will be intelligent, eternal, and powerful as well.

When atheists express disbelief in God, we expect you to be honest and understand that we mean your god or the god of a religion close to your own.

I will accept that the source of these universe is all of the above, provided that pastors lose their careers in the process and admit that they've been making up stuff.

3 Likes

Re: Finally I Have Crossed The Bridge Of Agnostism Into The Land Of Atheism by Richirich713: 8:37pm On May 14, 2016
Weah96:

Yes it is. As long as the God doesn't reveal anything to one person, it is a watered down form atheism. The deist God doesn't speak to human beings. So there's nothing to argue about other than the chicken and egg debate. There are atheists who claim that consciousness is God. Others agree that a potential creator of the universe will be intelligent, eternal, and powerful as well.

When atheists express disbelief in God, we expect you to be honest and understand that we mean your god or the god of a religion close to your own.

I will accept that the source of these universe is all of the above, provided that pastors lose their careers in the process and admit that they've been making up stuff.

Yes the deist God isn't a personal God, but he is a intelligent, powerful, eternal , conscious God. When atheist philosophy Anthony Flew converted to desim he didn't call his position a watered down form of atheism, atheists didn't say he's now a watered down atheist, they understood Deism is very far from atheism. Being irreligious doesn't mean atheism, nor is it a watered down form of atheism.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finally I Have Crossed The Bridge Of Agnostism Into The Land Of Atheism by Weah96: 8:55pm On May 14, 2016
Richirich713:

Yes the deist God isn't a personal God, but he is a intelligent, powerful, eternal , conscious God. When atheist philosophy Anthony Flew converted to desim he didn't call his position a watered down form of atheism, atheists didn't say he's now a watered down atheist, they understood Deism is very far from atheism. Being irreligious doesn't mean atheism, nor is it a watered down form of atheism.

Then you're lost in semantics, my friend. If you describe yourself as a deist, then my work is done here. Gods which don't reveal themselves to human beings are not my concern, neither should they be yours or a deist's. My biggest issue is being able to address the wave of lies that arrives with your personal god and his textbook for mankind.

1 Like

Re: Finally I Have Crossed The Bridge Of Agnostism Into The Land Of Atheism by Richirich713: 9:17pm On May 14, 2016
Weah96:

Then you're lost in semantics, my friend. If you describe yourself as a deist, then my work is done here. Gods which don't reveal themselves to human beings are not my concern, neither should they be yours or a deist's. My biggest issue is being able to address the wave of lies that arrives with your personal god and his textbook for mankind.

then don't believe in it, u free to do so.
Re: Finally I Have Crossed The Bridge Of Agnostism Into The Land Of Atheism by ValentineMary(m): 9:35pm On May 14, 2016
sylvalord:
[b]It's been a long time coming! I was a christian before i began to see the numerous shortcomings of the supposedly infallible BIBLE. After noticing these shortcomings, the self-contradiction, the implausible events like the sun(a static object)being commanded to stand still(buhahahaha! sorry, i just had to laugh there) and also the evil pepetrated by the god of the bible i began to seek more answers. I discovered that the bible is just a copy and paste(an amateurish one at that)of the torah, the sumerian tablets and some other mythological writtings. I have discovered that the driving factor of christianity is fear! Fear of hell and fear of the unknown. Also fear of a father figure according to sigmund freud. The numerous unanswered questions about the universe have forced men to come to believe in the existence of supernatural beings whose existence cannot be fathomed. I have been on the bridge of agnostism for a long time and after so much research and findings, i have discovered religion is a sham and now i have crossed over to the land of atheism. Some deluded folks might say my soul is lost; OH WELL, CEST LA VIE! ATLEAST FINALLY I AM FREE!!![/b]
The way it's going, christianity would not make it past the 21st century all thanks to God. lol

Welcome bro

2 Likes

Re: Finally I Have Crossed The Bridge Of Agnostism Into The Land Of Atheism by Nobody: 8:30am On May 15, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:
No one cares ... You can also cross into the land of total stupi.dity and mental slavery , a willful submission and subjection to derision - there's still time for that phase

Actually, all what you just typed is what christianity is about. Total stupidity, mental slavery, willful submission and subjection to derision. Don't worry, i won't ever go back!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finally I Have Crossed The Bridge Of Agnostism Into The Land Of Atheism by Nobody: 8:36am On May 15, 2016
sweetcocoa:
Welcome to reason bro. grin
Enjoy your peace of mind.
Thanks miss smiley
Re: Finally I Have Crossed The Bridge Of Agnostism Into The Land Of Atheism by alchemist13: 11:23am On May 15, 2016
Agnotism. Athiesm. Don't see the difference. Once you start questioning God's existence, then u don't believe he exists.
Re: Finally I Have Crossed The Bridge Of Agnostism Into The Land Of Atheism by Weah96: 1:14pm On May 15, 2016
Richirich713:

then don't believe in it, u free to do so.

In case you haven't been following, I don't buy it. Whether or not there is a creator and the attributes of said creator are topics that remain open for discussion. Those are common sense topics.

One sees a painting, one assumes a painter. Fine. One doesn't see a painting and then argue that it was done by his former classmate Festus Azubike. Did Festus leave a signature on the painting? Did he call you? You must provide evidence that Festus is the painter otherwise all we know is that the portrait was painted by an unknown someone or something.
The same goes for your Bible god. The book written by men doesn't prove that Bible god is the creator of the universe.

1 Like

Re: Finally I Have Crossed The Bridge Of Agnostism Into The Land Of Atheism by finofaya: 1:22pm On May 15, 2016
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spectrum_of_theistic_probability.

@OP: Someone who is agnostic is not a budding atheist, fyi. I wouldn't say you were previously agnostic, since someone who is purely agnostic can just as easily become a theist as an atheist. You have been an atheist for longer than you realize.
Re: Finally I Have Crossed The Bridge Of Agnostism Into The Land Of Atheism by Nobody: 10:28pm On May 15, 2016
finofaya:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spectrum_of_theistic_probability.

@OP: Someone who is agnostic is not a budding atheist, fyi. I wouldn't say you were previously agnostic, since someone who is purely agnostic can just as easily become a theist as an atheist. You have been an atheist for longer than you realize.
Please try to comprehend posts before replying. I never wrote that i was a budding atheist rather i said irregularities în the bible and xtianity made me begin to seek answers. Infact, i likened agnostism to a bridge and aş we both know, bridges go either way. Being on that bridge, if my findings had proven xtianity to be true, then i wouldn't have become an atheist.
Re: Finally I Have Crossed The Bridge Of Agnostism Into The Land Of Atheism by finofaya: 11:58pm On May 15, 2016
sylvalord:
Please try to comprehend posts before replying. I never wrote that i was a budding atheist rather i said irregularities în the bible and xtianity made me begin to seek answers. Infact, i likened agnostism to a bridge and aş we both know, bridges go either way. Being on that bridge, if my findings had proven xtianity to be true, then i wouldn't have become an atheist.

The point I'm making is that you can equally make the discovery that religion is a sham and still remain agnostic. Agnosticism is not really a bridge to anywhere. It is a destination of its own. I'm raising an issue of accuracy, and I think it is more accurate to say you were sceptical rather than agnostic. I don't think the distinction is of any moment to you though. Congrats on your transition.
Re: Finally I Have Crossed The Bridge Of Agnostism Into The Land Of Atheism by johnydon22(m): 2:23am On May 16, 2016
sylvalord:
Actually, all what you just typed is what christianity is about. Total stupidity, mental slavery, willful submission and subjection to derision. Don't worry, i won't ever go back!

Hahahahaha total knock out!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finally I Have Crossed The Bridge Of Agnostism Into The Land Of Atheism by Immorttal: 12:06pm On May 16, 2016
sylvalord:
[b]It's been a long time coming! I was a christian before i began to see the numerous shortcomings of the supposedly infallible BIBLE. After noticing these shortcomings, the self-contradiction, the implausible events like the sun(a static object)being commanded to stand still(buhahahaha! sorry, i just had to laugh there) and also the evil pepetrated by the god of the bible i began to seek more answers. I discovered that the bible is just a copy and paste(an amateurish one at that)of the torah, the sumerian tablets and some other mythological writtings. I have discovered that the driving factor of christianity is fear! Fear of hell and fear of the unknown. Also fear of a father figure according to sigmund freud. The numerous unanswered questions about the universe have forced men to come to believe in the existence of supernatural beings whose existence cannot be fathomed. I have been on the bridge of agnostism for a long time and after so much research and findings, i have discovered religion is a sham and now i have crossed over to the land of atheism. Some deluded folks might say my soul is lost; OH WELL, CEST LA VIE! ATLEAST FINALLY I AM FREE!!![/b]
the numbers are increasing,...Welcome another liberated man!!!

1 Like

Re: Finally I Have Crossed The Bridge Of Agnostism Into The Land Of Atheism by blueAgent(m): 6:20am On May 23, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

This clowns can quit been stupid. he could have crossed striaght to lagos Lagoon.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Finally I Have Crossed The Bridge Of Agnostism Into The Land Of Atheism by blueAgent(m): 6:22am On May 23, 2016
sylvalord:

Welcome to Bondage. that's what atheism offers. idiot.
Re: Finally I Have Crossed The Bridge Of Agnostism Into The Land Of Atheism by blueAgent(m): 6:25am On May 23, 2016
Weah96:

In case you haven't been following, I don't buy it. Whether or not there is a creator and the attributes of said creator are topics that remain open for discussion. Those are common sense topics.

One sees a painting, one assumes a painter. Fine. One doesn't see a painting and then argue that it was done by his former classmate Festus Azubike. Did Festus leave a signature on the painting? Did he call you? You must provide evidence that Festus is the painter otherwise all we know is that the portrait was painted by an unknown someone or something.
The same goes for your Bible god. The book written by men doesn't prove that Bible god is the creator of the universe.

Idiot but you believe Evolution without seeing it.was evolution and Bigbang not written by men? have they been proved?
You don't know how stupid atheism makes you look like.
Re: Finally I Have Crossed The Bridge Of Agnostism Into The Land Of Atheism by blueAgent(m): 6:28am On May 23, 2016
Immorttal:
the numbers are increasing,...Welcome another liberated man!!!

Numbers of insane people are increasing.welcome him to your bondage.
Re: Finally I Have Crossed The Bridge Of Agnostism Into The Land Of Atheism by blueAgent(m): 6:32am On May 23, 2016
johnydon22:

Honestly. . . A great purge in the minds of our youths dispelling superstitions and religions.

The emergence of reason always is a slow and consistent process. . . we are witnessing that consistent progress on NL in their numbers lately.

Clown. do you know what you even wrote.go and check the history of the two philiosphy. and the history of athesim. same satanist who rebel against God were responsible for the invention of Atheism and Evolution to discredit christainity and fool guillable minds like yours.
Re: Finally I Have Crossed The Bridge Of Agnostism Into The Land Of Atheism by Adedoks(m): 6:35am On May 23, 2016
Confused people everywhere.... Smth

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finally I Have Crossed The Bridge Of Agnostism Into The Land Of Atheism by blueAgent(m): 6:40am On May 23, 2016
plaetton:

Agnostics are newly released/escaped prisoners of religion, living in a halfway house, resting,, catching their breath, savouring the fresh air of freedom , and in that safe cozy confine, trying to decide whether they are courageous enough to cope with full mental sovereignty , limited mental sovereignty or to run back to the doped bliss of religious prison.

Same as Deism.

That's why we would always lend our pity, and when necessary, our outstretched hands to folks like Deepsight. grin

If they want to be free. they should stop observing christain religeous morals. you can't hate God and still want to live and observe those God given gifts and morals.
its is a fact atheist promote gayism,arbortion,drug use,mass killing,support Sucide,genocide,transgender. i hope you get a taste of your wish.
Re: Finally I Have Crossed The Bridge Of Agnostism Into The Land Of Atheism by blueAgent(m): 6:45am On May 23, 2016
WORDWORLD:
An atheist is someone who suddenly realizes that he been SCAMMED in the name of God. Atheist are majority an outcrop of Christianity. YET THEY ARE NOT LOOKING VERY NEAR ENOUGH. My personal observation is that they are on a journey but have not reached the GOAL that ascertain TRUTH that cant be disprove. A TRUISM!!!

Christianity for that matter has produce a lot of "miracles" (LAUGHING) among them is the Sexual Perversion in our world today.

Another is Democracy. its an outcrop of the inefficiency of Christianity to providing solutions to the problems of mankind.

As regards SEX. Christianity preaches that SEX which is infact a gift and blessing to mankind is an INHERENT SIN even though in marriage. This alone can make any SANE to dump Christainity.

If you care to read more, this might interest oyou.

www.nairaland.com/3097462/homosexualism-humanity-collective-hypocrisy

You are a big fool. where did Christainity state that sex in miarrage is a Sin.
99% of atheists are people who do not want to quit their stupid sexual or pervasive habits and try to justify it by saying their is no God.
Re: Finally I Have Crossed The Bridge Of Agnostism Into The Land Of Atheism by unphilaz(m): 7:14am On May 23, 2016
sylvalord:

An object in a virtual world that claims/thinks that there is no programmer/creator of the virtual world but it suddenly existed. grin grin grin grin
Re: Finally I Have Crossed The Bridge Of Agnostism Into The Land Of Atheism by blueAgent(m): 7:20am On May 23, 2016
sweetcocoa:
Welcome to reason bro. grin

Enjoy your peace of mind.

Atheismism - was invented by freemasons to act like a relaxative. or a feel good option for people not to fear God and his judgement(Hell).

It's a state of feeling their is no God. and hence they are not going to be held accountable. but that is a big big big lie.
Re: Finally I Have Crossed The Bridge Of Agnostism Into The Land Of Atheism by Nobody: 11:23am On May 23, 2016
blueAgent:

You are a big fool. where did Christainity state that sex in miarrage is a Sin.
99% of atheists are people who do not want to quit their stupid sexual or pervasive habits and try to justify it by saying their is no God.

To start with, the reason why you called me a big fool is because you are a CHRISTIAN. Am not surprise.

Its so CONSPICUOUS the reputation built in the sands of time with a very, very deep footing by the VATICAN, their standing firmly in OPPOSITION TO HOMOSEXUALISM, SAME SEX MARRIAGE, ABORTION.............E.T.C

Their stands against homosexualism makes most amusing some verses in the Bible as it relates directly to the nature of the VATICAN'S JUDGEMENT OF HOMOSEXUALISM by describing the judgement as no more than a DOUBLE STAND.

The CHURCH pretends not to perceiving the BIG PLANK in their own eyes too while admonishing someone else to removing the SPECK in their own eyes.

Well, religion is almost nothing but, "do as I say and NOT as I do". HYPOCRITES!!! 

So, His Holines, (former) Pope Benedict XVI, nick-named as GOD'S ROTTWEILLER for his hardline views, an aggressive doctrine enforcing Cardinal before he was appointed to Vatican top job made in his Christmas message, obviously without INTROSPECTION, without THINKING TWICE his speech which he made against homosexualism on behalf of the CHURCH.

He said, "God had created man and woman as a specific 'DUALITY'.......an essential aspect of what being human is all about".

So, the Pope's speech got me thinking, if TRUTHFUL an essential aspect of what it means to being human is the 'DUALITY', man and woman as created by God. Then, His Holiness' judgement against HOMOSEXUALISM, SAME SEX MARRIAGE based on this duality, the union of man and woman, is seriously in CONFLICTING DISPUTE with he himself, the Pope by him being a CELIBATE. For celibacy is a DENIAL of the very essence of our being human, for it embraces not this 'DUALITY' of man and woman as created by God. Celibacy is obviously a deviation from the intended roles of man and woman on planet earth, like is homosexualism. It is turning deaf ears to the language of creation, celibacy is infact  a DESTRUCTION OF GOD'S WORK.

"Or, how can you say to your brother, 'Brother, let me remove the speck that is in your eye, when you yourself do not see the plank that is in your own eye? HYPOCRITE!!! First remove the plank in your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck that is in your brother's eye. For a good tree does not bear bad fruit nor does a bad tree bear good fruit". Luke 6 : 42 - 44.

Its absolutely no DOUBT that all kinds of sexual perversions and attrocities and immoralities that we are faced with today have 'A' deep root by factor in the CHURCH'S TEACHINGS.

That isn't all Pope Benedict XVI had to say against homosexualism in St Peter's square at the Vatican in his Christmas message as he rightly denounces same sex marriage even though a celibate.

Church teaches that homosexual act is "instrinsically disordered",  "manipulation of nature" "ATTACK" on the traditional family made up of father, mother and children.

If CELIBACY is not a manipulation of nature, an ATTACK on traditional family made up of father, mother and children then what is it? A DOCTRINE DISORDER, or A COMMANDMENT OF GOD?

Same sex marriage definately has NO place in God's Commandment to allowing such an ABERRANT BEHAVIOUR as homosexualism.
Re: Finally I Have Crossed The Bridge Of Agnostism Into The Land Of Atheism by Nobody: 11:28am On May 23, 2016
@ blue agent

So, the distinction as to whose TEACHINGS am refering to in the BIBLE to being CHRISTIANITY, which describes the kind of SEXUAL ORIENTATION that has produced all kinds of ROTTEN FRUITS in mostly Christian dominated countries, EUROPE, AMERICA especially, the U.S.A being a country of emphasis.

My reference is obviously not the teachings of JESUS CHRIST but the teachings of APOSTLE, ST. PAUL and his likes, such as THEOLOGIAN, ST. AUGUSTINE.

And so he, Apostle St. Paul taught the following, a response to an enquiry made to him.

"Now concerning the things of which you wrote to me. IT IS GOOD FOR A MAN NOT TO TOUCH A WOMAN" 1corinthians 7:1

In otherwords the Christian Church under the doctrine of Apostle Paul teaches that, it is good for a man not to touch a woman. Hence,with CELIBACY in mind which Apostle Paul prefered to MARRIAGE. Just keep on reading. 
But, St. Paul understood very well that CELIBACY means suppressing human nature which in TRUTH cannot be suppressed. He knew that if the touching of man and woman is totally forbidden, then people will still indulge in sexual gratification through unlawful means. And so he says:

"Nevertheless, because of sexual immorality, let each man have his own wife, and let each woman have her own husband" 1Corinthians 7:2

Then, Apostle, St. Paul made his preference  CLEARLY known without AMBIGUITY, and also trying to prevent the people from forgetting the HOLINESS OF CELIBACY so they can make celibacy their first choice over marriage. He continues:

"But I say this as a concession, not as a commandment. FOR I WISH THAT ALL MEN WERE EVEN AS I MYSELF" (a celibate) . 1Corinthian 7:7

*Celibacy is OBVIOUSLY more appealing to St.Paul than the union of man and woman in marriage.

THE QUESTION OF COURSE IS: CAN WE JUDGE WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF ALL MEN AND WOMEN BECOME LIKE ST. PAUL, A CELIBATE? 

CELIBACY IS SUPPRESSING OUR HUMAN NATURE, NOT HAVING SEX AT ALL, NOT GETTING MARRIED. WHAT THEN DOES HUMANITY AMOUNTS TO IN THE END? IF NOT THE SAME END AS HOMOSEXUALISM OFF COURSE, A DEAD END!!! WHAT A PITIFUL DOCTRINE THAT LEADS A FAITH TO ITS OWN EXTINCTION IF CELIBACY IS ADHERED TO WITH SINCERITY BY ALL HER FOLLOWERS.

Apostle Paul, still re-emphasizing his preference and selfish interest which is celibacy. He encouraged further as thus:

"I say to the UNMARRIED and to the WIDOWS: IT IS GOOD FOR THEM IF THE REMAIN EVEN AS I AM; (a celibate). But if they cannot exercise self-control, let them marry. For it is better to marry than to burn with passion" 1Corinthians 7:8-9

According to the teachings of Apostle Paul, marriage is only a CONCESSION, a way out from commiting fornication while CELIBACY IS BETTER THAN MARRIAGE.

St. Paul further goes on to describe that marriage means DISTRESS, TROUBLE IN THE FLESH.

"Now concerning the Virgins: I have no commandment from the Lord; yet I give judgement as one whom the Lord in His mercy has made trustworthy. I think that in the view of the present DISTRESS, it is good for a person to remain as he is .......ARE YOU FREE FROM A WIFE? THEN, DO NOT SEEK A WIFE? But if you marry, you do not sin, and if a girl marries, she does not sin. YET THOSE WHO MARRY SHALL HAVE TROUBLE IN THE FLESH" 1 Corinthians 7:25-26.

Hmm!!!

I wonder why Homosexuals are even so disturbed about getting through with their same sex marriage. MARRIAGE is not a priority, an ideal even though HETEROSEXUAL according to Apostle Paul to whom is acclaimed the founder of Christianity. The reason he is acclaimed the founder being that, there is not a whole lot that was reported which Jesus Christ had said as documented is such a library of scriptural books as the Bible we have been made to read today. Apostle, St. Paul, a former Lawyer and GENTILE, is alone responsible for writing the most number of books in the New Testament, setting the creed and foundation for Christainity after the depature of Christ.

Almost everything practiced today in Christianity points to Apostle Paul's teachings.

All of the reported speeches of Jesus Christ in the Bible without making duplication of his words like being done in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John, will all contain just the front page of a newspaper. Because there is not much that was handed down to us and neither did his teachings address in DETAIL, our critical human affairs. Two examples of our present concern is our biologically programmed impluse such as 'SEXUAL URGES', 'MARRIAGE'.

The most Jesus did in this areas was admonish not to become enslaved by LUST, by visual and physical fornication and adultery. Matthew 5:27-32. Jesus never married, hence couldn't have been in anyway a practical example to emulate to solving our marital issues or as a guide to connubial bliss.

So, when you read the doctrine of Apostle Paul, as regards this IMPORTANT subject matter in our humanities, MARRIAGE, SEX. He, St. Paul who never married too, was only making his judgement based on his own by wishful thinking of his being privilege to doing so as a 'trustworthy' servant of the Lord that he claims. It is not at all THE ALL KNOWING LORD that has commanded or inspired Apostle Paul to teach so. He himself stated so in  1Corinthian7:25

CELIBACY is as ANTI-HUMAN and as ANTI-GOD'S WORK as HOMOSEXUALITY is ANTI-HUMAN and ANTI-GOD. Judging by one standard and not double standard.

Using a one standard preferably the criticism of Pope Benedict, a CELIBATE, and for his crying out loud against same sex marriage, Homosexualism. The VATICAN as far as TRUTH is concern have only succeeded in portarying themselves as such a HYPOCRITE.

If they see nothing wrong with CELIBACY, but with HOMOSEXUALISM. Then their judgement is A DOUBLE STANDARD because If the Pope's Christmas message about SAVING THE WORLD IS "ANYTHING" TO GO BY. How can Celibacy be any better way in saving humanity from extinction than is Homosexualism?

So, Apostle Paul, continues with his CONJECTURES, an obvious deviation from God's work and in order to keep strengthening his hold on CELIBACY as against MARRIAGE. He teaches that marriage and pleasing God are ANTIPATHETIC to each other. And that marriage is full of ANXIETIES which he wishes to FREE humanity of it, by us making a choice of being, A CELIBATE, UNMARIED.

"I want you to be free of anxieties. The UNMARRIED MAN is anxious about affairs of the Lord, how to please the Lord, but the MARRIED MAN is anxious about worldly affairs, how to please his wife and his interest is divided. There is a difference between a wife and a virgin. The UNMARRIED WOMAN cares about the things of the Lord, that she may be holy both in body and in spirit. But she who is MARRIED cares about things of the world. How she may please her husband". 1Corithians7:32,35

So, marriage and pleasing God is antipathetic to each accoording to St. Paul's doctrine.

Apostle Paul continuosly makes it EMPHATICALLY CLEAR his stand and his wishes that Christian faithfuls should stand on the same footing with him. In his next writings he wrote: "So that he who marries his bethrothed does well AND HE WHO REFRAINS FROM MARRYING WILL DO BETTER". 1Corinthians 7:38

So, the Christian view on MARRIAGE according to Apostle Paul can be summarized as follows.

1. Celibacy is the BEST and should be adopted.

2. In order to refrain from fornication, marriage is allowed; but it is REGRETTABLE to be so. One should try his or her best to be a CELIBATE.

3. Marriage retards salvation and is ANTIPATHETIC to pleasing God.

In TRUTH, Celibacy, Homosexualism are both REBELIOUSNESS, DEAFENING EAR to the language of creation.

As TRUE as the above statement, people who have been deeply INDOCTRINATED will not want to see it that way. Too few a people are TRUTH SEEKERS majority are SENTIMENTALIST. These are people who have their own FACULTY OF REASONING but it is of no use to them all because they have been PROGRAMMED to become UNREASONABLE. Which is what is truely called MENTAL SLAVERY and it is such mental slavery that is ruining our world. When are such dogmatics, a bunch of people too LAZY to using what has been freely given to them, the gift of CURIOSITY, OF SENSIBILITY, INTELLIGENCE, RATIONALITY going to start using their God given brains and minds to thinking straight TRUTHFULLY and not crooked, full of SENTIMENTS?

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it in living someone else's life. DON'T BE TRAPPED BY DOGMA. Which is living with the result of other people's thinking." Late Steve Jobs advices all.

Celibacy is the wishful thinking of Apostle St. Paul and an IRRATIONAL DOGMA it is. Infact celibacy leads to proscreate cancer just to tell you that you can't fight against nature and win.

And as far as this thread is concern, CLASH OF DESIRES: HOMOSEXUALISM AND MODERN AFRICA. The person doing the thinking for the rest of the Homosexuals on this thread is ValerianSteel, The Apostle of the ABNORMALITY and ABOMINATION, HOMOSEXUALISM. They rest get their instruction and inspiration from him.

WHAT A WORLD OF EMPTY HEADS CONTROLED BY HEADS THAT ARE FILLED WITH RUBBISH.

FLIES FOLLOWING FAECES. THAT IS WHAT  DOGMATISM IS ALL ABOUT. 

A WORLD OF FEW RATIONAL MINDS, PRAGMATIST. O!!! WHAT AN EMPTY WORLD FULL OF PERVERSE MINDS WE ARE LIVING IN.

Same sex marriage, homosexualism will forever remain an IRRATIONALITY. Celibacy is not God's decree but the doctrine of St. Paul, which conflicts with the essential aspect of what being human is all about.
Re: Finally I Have Crossed The Bridge Of Agnostism Into The Land Of Atheism by Nobody: 11:32am On May 23, 2016
@ blue agent

For a short period at inception, the scheme worked. Many ZEALOUS DOGMATIC people tried to live up to the ideal of being single, suppressing their human natural instinct of sexual urges for as long the lived. Men became Monks and Women Nuns. Shutting themselves up in monasteries to fully practice CELIBACY, the teachings of Apostle, St. Paul.

BUT, EVENTUALLY THIS HOLIER -THAN -THOU ATTITUDE, CELIBACY DID BOOMERANG WITH A BIG BANG. AND SO WILL ANY COMMUNITY OF SICK PEOPLE THAT ADOPTS SAME SEX MARRIAGE AS A WAY OF LIFE TASTE NATURE'S INEVITABLE REVENGE. A BOOMERANG WITH A BIGGER BANG BOOM BLAST THAT WILL DEBASE THEM TO THE LOWEST OF THE LOWEST, OVERTAKE THEM WITH HUMILIATION, WALLOW THEM IN DEEPEST REGRET.

Pope John XII was condemned for adultery and incest, the abbot-elect of St. Augustine at Canterbury, in 1171 was found to have 17 illegitimate children in a single villiage; Henry III, Bishop of Leige was deposed in 1274 for having sixty-five illegitimate children.

It is no more News about today's unncountable sexual abuses constantly reported being perpetuated by clergy men and women of the church, and infact consensual sex between them too which shouldn't be. Only Almighty God can tell the MULTITUDE of GAY PRIEST and LESBIAN NUNS since such religiousity is a segregation of MALE and FEMALE and also gender bias, such an ANTI-HUMAN scheme, CELIBACY has produced and is still producing till today in monasteries around the world. PERVERTS in their uncountable numbers.

The Church, lead by Apostle Paul made a serious error in suppresing a MOST NATURAL URGE of humanbeings, the very means of our FOREVERNESS, our PERPETUITY.

Embracing such an UNREASONABLE thinking of a MORTAL MAN, even while St. Paul by himself declared that celibacy isn't a commandment from THE IMMORTAL,THE ALL KNOWING. Yet it was followed without thinking through because religion is DOGMATISM. Hence, religious people are mostly people who do not use their own God  given brain and mind to think before they act because they have been programmed via Indoctrination to be mostly WITHOUT LOGIC. Their skulls

And, its so amazing how man has failed to learn from how INDOCTRINATION OF IRRATIONAL RELIGIOUS DOGMA has always led him to DESTROYING himself, generation after generation, history has shown.

I wonder when the path of ENLIGHTENMENT and not INDOCTRINATION shall become the most treaded by majority of humanbeings. We have been privileged to having a mind meant for THINKING and for making RATIONAL judgement why don't we use them properly. Than just being followers like flock of Sheep, DULL.  

The Monks and Abbots cultivated the idea that they were representatives of Christ, and Nuns were given the title of "BRIDES OF CHRIST". So with easy conscience they turned the monasteries into centres of SEXUAL LIBERTIES.

The writers of the middle ages are full of accounts of nunneries that were like brothels, of the vast multitude of infanticides within their walls and of incest among clergy which forced the church to announce that Priests should not be permitted to live with their mothers and their sisters inorder to prevent incestous relationship that was becoming an habitual trend.

So among the weird and disturbing sex scandals facts you most likely really didn't know is that:

FOUR POPES HAVE DIED AS A RESULT OF THEIR SEXUAL ADVENTURES.

Uh-what a way to go with CELIBACY. That means about 262 Popes did not die as a result of their having sex. Those FOUR POPES were not suppose to be having sex in the first place.

4. Pope Paul II (1467-71) allegedly died while being SODOMIZED by a page boy.

SO, WHO IS FOOLING WHO? MY POINT HERE IS THAT WE CANNOT KEEP PLAYING HYPOCRISY, BEING REBELLIOUS AGAINST OUR NATURAL INSTINCT. HOMOSEXUALISM AS CELIBACY ARE GROSSLY ANTI-HUMAN NATURE.

3. Pope John XIII (965-72) was murdered by irate husband of the woman whom he was said to be having sex with.

2. Pope John VII (955-64) was bludgeoned to death by the cuckolded husband of the woman he was having sex with at the time.

1. Pope Leo VII (936-9) died of a heart attack while having sex.

THOSE ARE OF OLD, YESTERDAY'S SEXUAL BLUNDERS.  WHILE IT IS NO NEWS, TODAY'S SEXUAL ABUSES BY THE CHURCH.

The United Nations accussed the Vatican of systematically turning a blind eye to decades of sexual abuse of children by priests.

The present Pope, Pope Francis acknowledges the fact that its no FALSE CHARGES by the U.N about sexual abuses committed by some catholic Priests. And so he respoonded as thus:

"The cases of abuse are awful because they leave profound wounds". He continued by affirming the charges on the Vatican of their pervert practices. "The Catholic Church is may be the only institution to have moved with transparency and responsibility. No one else has done more. Yet the church is the only one attacked"

THE CHURCH IS ATTACKED BECAUSE IT HAS DONE WRONG, JUST AS THE CHURCH ALSO ATTACKS HOMOSEXUALISM AS BEING WRONG.

Our problem really is that we MOSTLY do not judge ourselves before trying to judge others for being WRONG.

Should the church not be the one majorly under 'ATTACKED' for commiting sexual offenses because it is the CHURCH. Should HOMOSEXUALISM, SAME SEX MARRIAGE become the norm beecause of these people claim to be exercising their FUNDAMENTAL HUMAN RIGHT?

Pope John Francis in his reaction against the FAME he has incured since beecoming Pope. Expressed his discomfort as thus: " To depict the Pope as a kind of superman or a star seems to me offensive." "The Pope is a man who laughs, cries, sleeps calmly and has friends like everyone else. A NORMAL PERSON".

A normal person doesn't fight their natural instinct, suppressing their sexual urges for life time when they can actually marry and get relived legitimately. Punishing themselves by living in this SELF DENIAL AND SELF DECEPTION and so ending up punishing innocent victims by sexaully abusing little children, becoming sex predators in the dark corners while the hypocritically profess light. THAT IS A DECEPTFUL LIFE, THE WORST TO BE LIVED.

Jesus Christ, laughed, cried, slept, had friends like every NORMAL PERSON but never did Jesus Christ ever molest any child, nor performed any sexual act and if it is because Jesus Christ never married and that is what St.Paul was teaching and emulated and a reason why he prefered celibacy to marriage. The questions are: How long did Jesus spent on planet earth while he remain a bachelor till his depature? About 30 years plus. Why then did God create Adam and Eve? And why are priest so accussed of this sexual attrocities so much that it has become the badge of the CHURCH?

The prevalence and perpetual sexual perversions in our world today without doubt have 'A' very deep root in the Church Doctrines . These teachings that has lead to this perversions are off course not the teachings of Christ and will NEVER be his. Till date many can't distinguish the teachings of Christ from that of the Church institution which the haul at will without and sort of divine guidance but SELFISH INTEREST.

Quoting the United Nations committee: It said, "it was gravely concerned that the HOLY SEE has not acknowledged the extent of the crimes committed, has not taken the necessary measures to address cases of child sexual abuse and to protect children, and has adopted policies and practices which have led to continuation of the abuse by and the impunity of the prepetrators."

IT IS THE INABILITY OF THE CHURCH TO FINDING ANSWERS TO THE CHALLENGES OF HUMANITY THAT WARRANTED THE SEPERATION OF THE CHURCH FROM THE STATE, OTHER REASONS AND MORE IS BECAUSE OF THE ABUSE OF POWER BY THESE SO CALLED MEN OF GOD.

The TRUTH has to be said, CHRISTIANITY, is has a VERY, VERY, VERY (can't over emphasis) NARROW perspective to the aspects of our REALITIES. It has no profound solutions to too many of our LIFE CHALLENGES, as a community of human beings, socially, politically, economically, scientifically, all other human institutions and infact MORALLY the teachings of the church are so VAGUE.

Just for example, ABSTINANCE is what churches preaches as morally upright. They problem is that you are left in a VAGUE, VOID while you are taught nothing about that which you must abstain from, SEX . Sex is a NO! NO! area to be talked about. Where is the SINCERITY ?Hence, no sex education to prepare your mind for what you have been abstaining from until you get married and then start facing all kinds of challenges.
Re: Finally I Have Crossed The Bridge Of Agnostism Into The Land Of Atheism by Nobody: 11:36am On May 23, 2016
@ blue agent

16 @ ValerianSteel, 

SO, IS SEX, INHERENTLY EVIL?

The relevance of this question to Christianity  makes it very clear why sexual perversion and carnal culture and oppression of women reigns supreme in the Western world in particular.

About three centuries after Apostle Paul, came a theologian known as St. Augustine. Like his predecessor, he believed that sex was a threat to spiritual uplifitment even in marriage. He believed that sex is INHERENTLY EVIL and taught so to his followers.

In The City of God, St. Augustine says: "Man's trangression (i.e Adam and Eve's sin) did not annual the blessing of fertility bestowed upon him before he sinned, BUT INFECTED IT WITH THE DISEASE OF LUST"

Such a verse as "Behold, I was brought forth in INIQUITY AND IN SIN my mother conceived me" PSALMS 51:5, is mostly quoted to supportting that SEX even in matrimony is inherently a sin.

"I know nothing which brings the manly mind down from the heights more than a woman's caresses and that joining of bodies without which one cannot have a wife". St. Augustine.

Sexual intercourse was transformed from something innocent to something shameful by the original sin of Adam and Eve, which is taught as a doctrine that has passed from generation to generation. Instead of sex to be understood as NATURE which should be harness RESPONSIBLY THROUGH CULTURE, in the institution called marriage without guilt. Sex is made a SIN altogether even in matrimony according to these doctrines of men of 'God'.  So for generations we have been made to living in GUILT while performing what is as natural as the air that we breath. We have been fighting against ourself and the results has been all kinds of sexual attrocities.

Is it a 'SIN' the nocturnal emmission during sleep known as WET DREAMS at such an early INNOCENT age experienced particularly by boys world wide, Africa, Asia, America, Europe.............? Is this nocturnal emission as a result of lust, fantasy at such an early innocent age or pornography in our today's sorry state or its no more than natures programming called PUBERTY? 

The story of Adam and Eve in the Bible is infact 'A' to EVIL. It has succeeded in programing men's SUBCONSCIOUSNESS right from childhood to degrade women through the indoctrination of the FORBIDDEN FRUIT. This view of degradation of women a root from the Bible is firmly supported by a lot of scholars who have cared to explore our FUNDAMENTAL SOCIETAL THOUGHTS. Such a scholar as Amit Kumar, Author of the book Fundamental of Social Thoughts which in a chapter, THE FEMINIST SOCIAL THOUGHT you read as thus: " Feminist social thought traces at least as far back as the 'women controversy' of the 17th century. Caught up in debates over the first two creation stories presented in the Book of Genesis, certain Christian patriarchal interpretations of human nature understood WOMEN to be IMMORAL and DECEPTIVE.

Women are veiwed as accomplice of EVIL, for having being the 'one' according to the Bible responsible for the fall of man. Eve was said to be the one who seduced her husband Adam to eating the forbidden fruit after she had danced to the seductive whispers of the serpent who adviced her to doing so. Hence, women are regared as EVIL themselves for having befriended the serpent to listen to it. They are percieved as no more than a creature for MAN'S OWN PLEASURE, HIS PROPERTY to be used and abused and thrown away like a banana peel. As if punishing women for being responsible for the down fall of man, Adam who also had a mouth he could have used to say NO to Eve but instead used that very same mouth for devouring the forbidden fruit. It wasn't Eve who brought about his being exited from the garden of Eden but his own FOOLISHNESS.

The story is narrated in Genesis 2:4-3:24. God prohibited both of them, Adam and Eve from eating the fruits of the forbidden tree. The serpent seduced Eve to eat from it and Eve, in turn seduced Adam to eat with her. When God rebuked Adam of what he did, he put all the blame on Eve.

"The woman you put here with me she gave me some fruit from the tree and I ate it".

To Adam, God said: "Because you listened to your wife and ate from the tree........cursed is the ground because of you; through painful toil you will eat of it all the days of your life".

The indoctrination from early childhood in Christianity of the concept of Adam blaming Eve for seducing him to eating the forbbiden fruit which resulted his being cursed and both chased out of felicity as been A MAJOR CONTRIBUTING FACTOR TO UNEQUAL TREATMENT OF WOMEN IN CHRISTIAN LANDS,TO THE POINT OF OPPRESSING WOMEN. The Western world being my emphasis because of Christianity and where the stench homosexualism and the right to same sex marriage is very strong.

And what is the out-come today for men's maltreament of women due to this 'EVIL EVE' mentality over centuries gone by?

The most radical movement in recent times is born, further responsible in part for bringing our whole social structure down and bleeding in particular the HOME. This movement is the FEMINIST MOVEMENT popularly known as a drive for women's liberation.

Without derailing, one of the choices the feminist seek to make socially acceptable is LESBIANISM. "Lesbianism is a road to FREEDOM, FREEDOM from oppression by men and for SEXUAL SATISFACTION" says the radical feminist. The daughter of Bilitis the aim which is to promote LESBIANISM. In TRUTH women are not getting their FULL share when it comes to sexual intercourse with a man. Most are just managing!!! Yet is not a reason to becoming a SICKO, lesbian. NOT AN EXCUSE AT ALL.

The problem is quite deep and Christianity has no solution to them. If they do tell us how?
Re: Finally I Have Crossed The Bridge Of Agnostism Into The Land Of Atheism by Nobody: 11:39am On May 23, 2016
@ blue agent

ABSTINENCE FROM PREMARITAL SEX, THAT IS WHAT IS PREACHED. And such is the story of Jessica Ciencin Henriquez, a fabulous writer who called her VIRGINITY at marriage a MISTAKE. Which is a true story a respresention and reflection of unncountables like her who saved their virginity for marriage but ended up regreting that they ever did. SO WHY ALL THE REGRETS, AFTER ACHIEVING SUCH NOBILITY?

Six months into marriage, Jessica wrote, "the idea of seperating seem more appealing than FEIGNING HEADACHES FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE."

She saved sex for marriage "hoping it would ensure a successful marriage. Instead, she wrote, "IT LEAD TO MY DIVORCE".

COMMENTARY (not made by me. For more information on Jessica Ciencin story check: arleenspenceley.com/commentary-on-my-virginity-mistake/).

The commetator wrote, I agree with what Jessica implies, the CHURCH camp where people preached premarital abstinence at her probably can be blamed in part for the sour start of what would be a short-term marriage.

This points to an important, unfortunate TRUTH. Churches long have promoted premarital abstinence by talking about everthing EXCEPT FOR SEX. The perils of unwed parenthood, the stigma associated with sexually transmitted infections and how much "better" you are for not having sex than kids who do.

When a church (or school or a parent) says "wear this ring" and "sign" this "pledge" and then stops talking about relationships, girls and boys become women and men who basically only know not to have sex. Otherwise their concepts of marriage and sex are shaped by friends or media. THAT IS THE PROBLEM.

PREACHING ABSTINENCE IS NOT ENOUGH BUT PROPER SEX AND MARITAL EDUCATION INTENDED TO LEAD TO CONNUBIAL BLISS.

THE IRONY OFF COURSE IS THIS QUESTION WHICH WE MUST ASK OURSELVES. WHAT HAS THE CHURCH GOT TO TEACH ABOUT SEX ANYWAY EXCEPT THAT SEX IS "INHERENTLY EVIL" THE SO, SO, A PATHETIC, SAD TRUTH, THE DOCTRINES OF MEN.

AND WHAT A MANIPULATION, A DOCTRINE BY MEN TO MAKING GOD SEEM TO BE AGAINST HUMAN NATURE AND HUMANITY WHICH HE BY HIMSELF CREATED!!! Was it these men that created the Penis and the Vagina? Was it these men that has programmed the female sexuality to take longer before it BURST and the male a shorter time to BLAST? Was it this men that  have fashioned female sexuality to be able to achieving multiple orgasm?

Due to so many lapses by the Church, NOT HAVING ANSWERS TO CRITICAL ISSUES BOTHERING MANKIND, our nature and how to successfully run a society. The out crop of the Church's INEFFICIENCY is what we have today, SECULARISM which has allowed all kinds of PERVERSIONS and their PERVERT movements fighting for all kinds of ILLUSIONS under the BIGER DELUSION called DEMOCRACY.

Since the Church has nothing to TEACH us about SEX other than that SEX IS INHERENTLY EVIL. A TABOO SUBJECT. Giving the so called SEX REFORMER within the circles of SECULARISM, their capitalist drive, with having no respect for traditional values to eventually fill this VOID, the Church has made a HUMAN CATRASTOPHY for teaching doctrines that fights againnst our natural instinct. A drive and yearning for monetary satisfaction by these sex reformers and out crop of secularism have only succeed in creating much more problems for mankind. Instead of teaching SEX through proper enlightenment of minds of the people who are yearning for answers and solutions. They choose to explioting their credulity and gullibility. The sex education we get is no more than a promotional program for the manufacturers of contraceptive aids. Germaine Greer, a famous feminist identified these reformers in her book 'Sex and Destiny' as "THE BAWDS OF CAPITALISM".
These bawds of capitalism are afraid and think that If the people receive proper insightful information about sex, their market is going to fall because who will be buying the pills and the condoms when there are natural alternatives to them that requires not spending of money at all.

HIGHLIGTHING THE ROLE THE CHURCH AND THE DOCTRINES OF MEN HAVE AND IS PLAYING IN NURTURING ALL KINDS OF PERVERSION.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? / Let Us Be Honest- Life Is Both Meaningless And Purposeless / Which Is Wrong: From The Christian's Perspective?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 148
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.