Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,463 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:42 PM

Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? (13095 Views)

Should Students Be Paying Tithes. / Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief / Benefits Of Paying Tithes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by chiteny(m): 1:57pm On Nov 04, 2012
I saw this in church today and thought I should ask. undecided
Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by esere826: 2:02pm On Nov 04, 2012
If its an accepted church tradition, then its great that the kids learn at a tender age

4 Likes

Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by Joagbaje(m): 2:47pm On Nov 04, 2012
I started from childhood too.

Proverbs 22:6
Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by Zikkyy(m): 4:52pm On Nov 04, 2012
chiteny: I saw this in church today and thought I should ask. undecided

As long as it's from income (allowances/pocket money inclusive), age is not a factor.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by CrazyMan(m): 4:56pm On Nov 04, 2012
Tithing is a scam and should be eradicated.

Mogs of our generation have turned God's house into a business center...I think its high time the EFCC starts probing them one after the other.

12 Likes

Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by Nobody: 4:57pm On Nov 04, 2012
training children from childhood ON how to be robbed so as to keep the business empires of the 'MOG' going.

4 Likes

Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by plappville(f): 5:27pm On Nov 04, 2012
chiteny: I saw this in church today and thought I should ask. undecided

It should be His parent that gave the child to drop that envelop.

A child does not work, He/she still rely on parental care, How then would tithing be accepted from them? shocked

I give my Kids 50 cents each for offering. I believe Thats largely enough to educate them that giving is required in the house of God.

Outside that, they have no connection to hold money until they are old enough grin grin

11 Likes

Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by chiteny(m): 6:26pm On Nov 04, 2012
Joagbaje:

Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.

I thought tithing was for those who have income as practiced in the bible; for people who "have come of age". What income would a child of less than 5yrs have?

7 Likes

Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by chiteny(m): 6:27pm On Nov 04, 2012
Zikkyy:

As long as it's from income (allowances/pocket money inclusive), age is not a factor.

Can you prove this statement from the bible?
Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by Joagbaje(m): 6:42pm On Nov 04, 2012
chiteny:
I thought tithing was for those who have income as practiced in the bible; for people who "have come of age". What income would a child of less than 5yrs have?

Income doesn't have to be salary . Every one receives gifts and money . Babies at birth , pocket money , uncle dash .

1 Like

Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by esere826: 6:54pm On Nov 04, 2012
Me I believe in traditions

If a church preaches tithing (which i don't do)
and the parents tithe
The kids should be thought how to tithe

When they grow up, they could decide to drop this habit if they are convinced otherwise
and by the way, the kids money would most times be insignifant in terms of physical (not spiritual) value
The real value is in developing a value system

1 Like

Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by Zikkyy(m): 6:58pm On Nov 04, 2012
chiteny:

Can you prove this statement from the bible?

You don't need bible for tithe matter.
Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by esere826: 7:01pm On Nov 04, 2012
Zikkyy:

ROFL

I no be tither o,, but this I agree with
Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by chiteny(m): 7:36pm On Nov 04, 2012
Zikkyy:

Really?? undecided But i thought tithing is "biblical" so why not use bible to support your saying?

4 Likes

Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by chiteny(m): 7:37pm On Nov 04, 2012
grin
esere826:

ROFL

I no be tither o,, but this I agree with
Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by Nobody: 8:22pm On Nov 04, 2012
I will teach my boys to share, give to the poor and respect others, I will teach them to work hard with their hands, be content and live simple lives not to be greedy and lazy believing God to be a money doubler.
I will teach them that they cannot serve a God they dont see if they dont serve the least among their brethren.
I will teach them to read the bible worship God in truth and not for benefits and miracles

19 Likes

Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by chiteny(m): 10:48am On Nov 06, 2012
debrief08: I will teach my boys to share, give to the poor and respect others, I will teach them to work hard with their hands, be content and live simple lives not to be greedy and lazy believing God to be a money doubler.
I will teach them that they cannot serve a God they dont see if they dont serve the least among their brethren.
I will teach them to read the bible worship God in truth and not for benefits and miracles

Exactly the same answers i gave to a pastor who asked me the question "since you are not tithing what (financial) principles (of giving) would you teach your children?"

It's simple. Give to all in need. Give to the church (not by tithing but as convinced in your spirit about the needs of the church). Give to the Servants of God voluntarily. Love God. Worship and serve Him in spirit and truth. Live at peace with all men. Do all these as much as you humanly possibly can.

4 Likes

Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by ecoleco: 4:04pm On Nov 06, 2012
debrief08: I will teach my boys to share, give to the poor and respect others, I will teach them to work hard with their hands, be content and live simple lives not to be greedy and lazy believing God to be a money doubler.
chiteny:

Exactly the same answers i gave to a pastor who asked me the question "since you are not tithing what (financial) principles (of giving) would you teach your children?"

It's simple. Give to all in need. Give to the church (not by tithing but as convinced in your spirit about the needs of the church). Give to the Servants of God voluntarily. Love God. Worship and serve Him in spirit and truth. Live at peace with all men. Do all these as much as you humanly possibly can.

I share the views above. that was why I started this thread. Take a look below

https://www.nairaland.com/1093665/how-u-choose-between-brothers
Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by PastorKun(m): 5:19pm On Nov 06, 2012
Joagbaje:

Chei! bros you mean you have been collecting tithes since you were a child shocked Just like your Oga who started collecting tithes from his fellow students in ekpoma as a child.

1 Like

Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by JeSoul(f): 5:32pm On Nov 06, 2012
Lol.

I wonder where these children are getting their "income" from. Abi they also have to tithe on allowance money from mummy & daddy?

Children ought to be taught to give and share not "pay" tithe.

1 Like

Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by chiteny(m): 6:02pm On Nov 06, 2012
JeSoul: Lol.

I wonder where these children are getting their "income" from. Abi they also have to tithe on allowance money from mummy & daddy?

Children ought to be taught to give and share not "pay" tithe.

.. . .of which mummy and daddy had already paid tithes as well undecided so it confuses me. cry
Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by chiteny(m): 5:40am On Nov 07, 2012
Pastor Kun:

Chei! bros you mean[b] you have been collecting tithes since you were a child[/b] shocked Just like your Oga who started collecting tithes from his fellow students in ekpoma as a child.

grin
Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by dridowu: 9:28am On Nov 08, 2012
Hmmm
Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by Nobody: 9:31am On Nov 08, 2012
They are already unknowingly seeking God's blessings.
Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by CrazyMan(m): 9:35am On Nov 08, 2012
Joagbaje:

Stop misquoting the scriptures.

It didn't say train a child to pay tithe....christ never instructed us to pay tithe.

And I think you need to read this thread..
https://www.nairaland.com/1046466/understanding-tithing

1 Like

Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by Man51ut(m): 9:38am On Nov 08, 2012
Joagbaje:

Income doesn't have to be salary . Every one receives gifts and money . Babies at birth , pocket money , uncle dash .

That's a gift, not income. I guess that's why some people never make anything of themselves and are always relying on dash to survive.

1 Like

Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by mizunik: 9:38am On Nov 08, 2012
dia is nfin bad in it
Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by SamMilla1(m): 9:40am On Nov 08, 2012
Crownhead, NO TITHE IS RIGHT.
Unless it is being used to improve the lives of the poor masses.
Not when it is being used to buy jets and build universities.

Learn to define 'right' in your own terms.

2 Likes

Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by ng4am(f): 9:41am On Nov 08, 2012
People deceiving people(pdp). It has eaten up our churches to not only our government. Why shld a child pay tithe? When mummy and daddy has paid with the same people the gave to him/her.
Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by ng4am(f): 9:41am On Nov 08, 2012
People deceiving people(pdp). It has eaten up our churches too not only our government. Why shld a child pay tithe? When mummy and daddy has paid with the same money the gave to him/her.

1 Like

Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by chucky234(m): 9:43am On Nov 08, 2012
Joagbaje:

gifts and pocket monies are not income,can't you read between the lines,income here represent one's earnings from work or sales. How is that too hard for you to comprehend? If 15yr old cannot be asked to contribute to offset burial expenses when the parent dies that shows he is not of age and earns no income of his own,in same vein a 5yr old is not suppose to pay tithes in church.

1 Like

Re: Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? by TableLeg(m): 9:46am On Nov 08, 2012
What income do children have that they have to dish out a large proportion to their porsche driving, banana island residing and armani suit wearing pastors?! undecided

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Reasons People Convert From Christianity To Islam / RCCG Holy Ghost Congress 2023: Double Portion, December 5-11 / Which Is Wrong: From The Christian's Perspective?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.