Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,719 members, 7,813,369 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:25 AM

We Say We Want Change Yet... By Mathias Orhero - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Say We Want Change Yet... By Mathias Orhero (16630 Views)

Presidential Aspirant Mathias Tsado Practically Shades PMB With Nigerian Flag / Adamu Garba, Fela Durotoye, Mathias Baba Tsado For 2019 Nigerian President / YORUBAS SAY "We Regret Voting Apc And Buhari". (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Say We Want Change Yet... By Mathias Orhero by chimaobinelson(m): 12:03pm On May 15, 2016
in as much as i bought doz qualities u mentiond, bro A hungry man is an angry man

n dosent reason right
Re: We Say We Want Change Yet... By Mathias Orhero by AmbodOfLASU: 12:04pm On May 15, 2016
fratermathy:

grin grin grin

You see! Let us not politicise this bro. All politicians are in the same category. You can't trust any of them and Buhari is no saint. However, I do know corruption in this government is marginally lower than that of Jonathan's government. Jonathan did what he could, Buhari is doing what he can but we, what have we done/doing to help ourselves?

Lalasticlala do I need to snap a picture of a snake grin

Am yet to see your reply via your mail.
Re: We Say We Want Change Yet... By Mathias Orhero by canalily(m): 12:05pm On May 15, 2016
fratermathy:

Let's have your reactions to this.
my name is nt there, whyundecided these ones dey react, them be metal and acid?
Re: We Say We Want Change Yet... By Mathias Orhero by lielbree: 12:10pm On May 15, 2016
kunleeko:

Pleasr be guided. Listen to news more and be objective. The BH Scourge is not as deadly asbit used to be. Badeh confessed that the NA was fighting without adequate ammunition. Thanks
Dispute the merit of the statement based on facts;
1. Were arms bought from the $2.1b? Yes or no?

2. Has buhari bought any arms since assuming office? Yes or no?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Say We Want Change Yet... By Mathias Orhero by pjamas(m): 12:12pm On May 15, 2016
A teacher asked his student 1+1=? A student stood up and shouted 4 A man passing by overheard the response, he shook his head and said "Buhari will not kill us in this country everything has increased, transport fare, fuel prices, food stuff, pure water,dollar... ...everything even 1+1 that used to be 2 has now gone up to 4

2 Likes

Re: We Say We Want Change Yet... By Mathias Orhero by richol(m): 12:20pm On May 15, 2016
The first few verses u typed are as a result of a failed system of checks and balances in various institutions...i mean if the government has a way of ensuring only those that pass their exams gain admission then it wouldnt be a case of paying cash to get admission...also for every action there is a reaction...if government and private oil companies spill oil in the bid to drill them, the farmers will mourn the loss of fishes and other sea creatures...even the soil will get affected...down to the water each person will drink will be affected...when these people cry out and nothing is done, they will take to arms or even blow the hell outta the pipes...the system is kinda failed...if the govt can make things right, i bet u there will be punishment dished to all criminals and thereby act as a warning to others but when the govt is slack and those who should ensure law and order are slack, coupled with this failed system then things will certainly fall apart.

1 Like

Re: We Say We Want Change Yet... By Mathias Orhero by maxzzo1(m): 12:28pm On May 15, 2016
I disagree with u cos is not every body that clamour for change especially SS & SE saw d real change n embrace it while pple from SW(Judas) and d North wanted change and opt for a Fulani herdsman so tell me why won't be confusion left,right and center

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Say We Want Change Yet... By Mathias Orhero by fratermathy(m): 12:33pm On May 15, 2016
gurunlocker:
Na now he remember say he fit write article.... this one na Article for the gods.

Na me say make APC promise heaven and earth? and now they can't even give us tomato

Like I said, I am not partisan. APC, PDP, LP, etc, are peopled by the very persons who put us in this mess. What have we done to change things?
Re: We Say We Want Change Yet... By Mathias Orhero by ndcide(m): 12:33pm On May 15, 2016
Well, not all change is believable.

Why should I believe in a change when the proponents

-Said a fight against boko haram is a declaration of war against the north.
-they said boko haram, being labeled a terrorist group was wrong and unconstitutional.
- they said the president who went to discuss how to end boko haram in chard was going to plant more bombs.
-they never condemned the bombing of churches and killing of Christians until the killings reached home.
- only see those in other party as corrupt while they are not.
-want to destroy every good legacy of the past government so that they can be seen as the only good ones especially if and when they fall-shot
-They refused to prosecute corruption within.
-They don't want to question the source of their campaign funds but want to make the other a daily subject for scrutiny.
- They allow and defend Fulani herds men killing Nigerians lie to us that they are Libyans just to cover up impunity.
- They steal in government yet point to others.

Why should I believe in a change where the proponents,

-clearly despise others as if they don't have a choice to accept or reject there "change"
-they want me to believe that the fear of them is the sole determinant of my living in tranquility.
-the change proponents are extremely divisive and use "corruption" as a means to perpetrate division so that they can loot without being caught or questioned.

Sorry, I'm not obligated to want such "change"

May I also state that those who are quick to remind us of not being partisan. are actually partisan.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Say We Want Change Yet... By Mathias Orhero by Orikinla(m): 12:33pm On May 15, 2016
OP, thank you for saying the truth. Only the truth can change Nigeria and not hypocrisy.

We say we want CHANGE and we accuse the Lion of Bourdillion of conspiracy of Lagos.; D

Re: We Say We Want Change Yet... By Mathias Orhero by fratermathy(m): 12:33pm On May 15, 2016
AmbodOfLASU:

Am yet to see your reply via your mail.

Oh, I'm sorry. I'll reply you right away.
Re: We Say We Want Change Yet... By Mathias Orhero by jasysandra(f): 12:34pm On May 15, 2016
undecided[email][/email]
ICEFLAME419ja:

Who this post EPP?
Re: We Say We Want Change Yet... By Mathias Orhero by fratermathy(m): 12:36pm On May 15, 2016
ndcide:
Well, not all change is believable.

Why should I believe in a change when the proponents

-Said a fight against boko haram is a declaration of war against the north.
-they said boko haram, being labeled a terrorist group was wrong and unconstitutional.
- they said the president who went to discuss how to end boko haram in chard was going to plant more bombs.
-they never condemned the bombing of churches and killing of Christians until the killings reached home.
- only see those in other party as corrupt while they are not.
-want to destroy every good legacy of the past government so that they can be seen as the only good ones especially if and when they fall-shot
-They refused to prosecute corruption within.
-They don't want to question the source of their campaign funds but want to make the other a daily subject for scrutiny.
- They allow and defend Fulani herds men killing Nigerians lie to us that they are Libyans just to cover up impunity.
- They steal in government yet point to others.

Why should I believe in a change where the proponents,

-clearly despise others as if they don't have a choice to accept or reject there "change"
-they want me to believe that the fear of them is the sole determinant of my living in tranquility.
-the change proponents are extremely divisive and use "corruption" as a means to perpetrate division so that they can loot without being caught or questioned.

Sorry, I'm not obligated to want such "change"

May I also state that those who are quick to remind us of not being partisan. are actually partisan.

You are being partisan! Like I said, our problem in Nigeria is neither an APC or a PDP thing. Our problem is Nigeria is Nigerians themselves. We need to stop the logic of thinking you used in your post before we can move forward.
Re: We Say We Want Change Yet... By Mathias Orhero by Richydos(m): 12:44pm On May 15, 2016
fratermathy:

grin grin grin

You see! Let us not politicise this bro. All politicians are in the same category. You can't trust any of them and Buhari is no saint. However, I do know corruption in this government is marginally lower than that of Jonathan's government. Jonathan did what he could, Buhari is doing what he can but we, what have we done/doing to help ourselves?

Lalasticlala do I need to snap a picture of a snake grin
At a point in time I enjoyed every piece of shit u wrote up there but only for u 2 cone down here N say let's not politicize bla bla bla N yet u are guilty of such sin when u rightly said u know corruption in this regime is marginally low compared to that of GEJ.... AN ASSERTION U CAN'T EVEN Prove.... 2 me u sound more or less like an APC paid man hiding under the pretence of being neutral..... Funny u

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Say We Want Change Yet... By Mathias Orhero by focus7: 12:44pm On May 15, 2016
Op thank you for your lecture, I hope those blaming Buhari at every giving opportunity for their frustration will read this and accept responsibility for their roles in realising the change we are clamouring for.

1 Like

Re: We Say We Want Change Yet... By Mathias Orhero by fratermathy(m): 12:46pm On May 15, 2016
Beehshorp:
Abegi!! Make I breathe.....
If we change our mindset will it change the promises dose APC maggots gave us?
Will our mindset give us food,fuel and lyt?
How will I help my neighbour if I don't av?
How will I not hoard fuel when a country like naija sells fuel for 175 per litre

The part I made bold is exactly one of those things we need to change!
Re: We Say We Want Change Yet... By Mathias Orhero by ndcide(m): 12:48pm On May 15, 2016
fratermathy:

You are being partisan! Like I said, our problem in Nigeria is neither an APC or a PDP thing. Our problem is Nigeria is Nigerians themselves. We need to stop the logic of thinking you used in your post before we can move forward.

Anything that directly or remotely have political interpretation in Nigeria must have the party labels involved. So you are also partisan.

Nigeria needs convergence. You can't heal Nigeria by pretending about past issues or fundamental questions of diversity. Gloating and annihilation of the images of others does not show the needed convergence.

Any point you made, that's not political is something that you can make without the contentious symbolism of "change"

Exam malpractice can be addressed without encapsulating it into an obvious partisan "change" mantra.
Re: We Say We Want Change Yet... By Mathias Orhero by fratermathy(m): 12:50pm On May 15, 2016
Richydos:

At a point in time I enjoyed every piece of shit u wrote up there but only for u 2 cone down here N say let's not politicize bla bla bla N yet u are guilty of such sin when u rightly said u know corruption in this regime is marginally low compared to that of GEJ.... AN ASSERTION U CAN'T EVEN Prove.... 2 me u sound more or less like an APC paid man hiding under the pretence of being neutral..... Funny u

Well, different strokes for different folks! As far as I am concerned, the current class of politicians today must give way for a new class with vision. But with the way things are going, even the youths of nowadays cannot be trusted to change things because they are guilty of some of the things I have listed.

As for the corruption statement, we all know that this administration is marginally better than the previous or maybe it is too early to judge. In any case, I am not an advocate of the "political change" but simply of "societal change" because one is consequential to the other.
Re: We Say We Want Change Yet... By Mathias Orhero by fratermathy(m): 12:52pm On May 15, 2016
focus7:
Op thank you for your lecture, I hope those blaming Buhari at every giving opportunity for their frustration will read this and accept responsibility for their roles in realising the change we are clamouring for.

That is it. Even if Jesus or Muhammed (SWH), Buddha or Krishna or other religious figures and, I daresay, God himself rule Nigeria, Nigerians will still complain and shout without looking at their own house and start the sweeping from there. Nigerians play the blame game too much!
Re: We Say We Want Change Yet... By Mathias Orhero by JuanJO(m): 12:53pm On May 15, 2016
as long as NIGERIA is concern, we will kip changing either from bad to bader or worst to worster... hehehe, long live GEN NNAMDI KALU
Re: We Say We Want Change Yet... By Mathias Orhero by ojtech8291: 12:56pm On May 15, 2016
We say we want change yet we look for ways to cheat network providers and browse for free. I'm against the above mentioned. The network providers are more corrupt than any other sectors. Imagine you subscribe for 2gb but it is actually 500mb or 1gb and many more to mention. In fact I'm looking for cheat now.

1 Like

Re: We Say We Want Change Yet... By Mathias Orhero by Ibj50(m): 12:57pm On May 15, 2016
Encourage instead of criticise
Re: We Say We Want Change Yet... By Mathias Orhero by fratermathy(m): 1:01pm On May 15, 2016
ndcide:

Anything that directly or remotely have political interpretation in Nigeria must have the party labels involved. So you are also partisan.

Nigeria needs convergence. You can't heal Nigeria by pretending about past issues or fundamental questions of diversity. Gloating and annihilation of the images of others does not show the needed convergence.

Any point you made, that's not political is something that you can make without the contentious symbolism of "change"

Exam malpractice can be addressed without encapsulating it into an obvious partisan "change" mantra.

The "change" mantra I called upon in my writeup was because it would attract attention and produce propagandist effects which is my aim. It has nothing to do with APC.

Now on the second point, I am an advocate of the idea that politics has nothing to do with our woes! It is true that politicians are corrupt and that our leaders have done us great wrong since time immemorial. Then, it is also true that Nigerians have imbibed this dearth of patriotism, morals and progressiveness and we have constituted a larger percentage of the problem. So no matter the good intentions of any new leader(s), it would be futile until we change the logic of our thinking! I am not advocating for APC or PDP! Infact, I believe both parties are utterly corrupt and a new party with progressive propaganda aimed at orienting society should evolve. Buhari, as a person, is not someone I see doing much due to his stubborn mindset, diasporic approach to leadership and stoicism. However, I believe that he is far better than Jonathan even if only in reducing the financial wastages of the government. In any case, they are not our problem! We are our own problems and I put it to you today that even if you were to rule Nigeria for 50 years, you will achieve NOTHING except you succeed in conscientizing the people.

1 Like

Re: We Say We Want Change Yet... By Mathias Orhero by aubventure: 1:03pm On May 15, 2016
ononujuchika:
the reason you think that corruption in this administration is lower is because the compromised media lis shying away from corruuption in this government.

Why the media shy away is because in Nigeria now you are guarantee of freedom before you report any issue but you are not guaranteed freedom after reporting specially if it doesn't favour the present govt
Re: We Say We Want Change Yet... By Mathias Orhero by Richydos(m): 1:04pm On May 15, 2016
fratermathy:

Well, different strokes for different folks! As far as I am concerned, the current class of politicians today must give way for a new class with vision. But with the way things are going, even the youths of nowadays cannot be trusted to change things because they are guilty of some of the things I have listed.

As for the corruption statement, we all know that this administration is marginally better than the previous or maybe it is too early to judge. In any case, I am not an advocate of the "political change" but simply of "societal change" because one is consequential to the other.
Hmmmmmmmm u were about making another grand error when u said "we all know" like seriously.... How do u know we all know?... Well at d end of it all u spoke quite well...... My 2cents for u but lemme also ask u on the sincere part of true conscience, can u vividly say d regime is truly fighting corruption without fear or favour Cox apart from SARAKI who I may love to believe is politically instigated..... Can u say there's no other APC mafia dt d efcc can hunt/haunt...... NIGERIA FIGHT AGAINST CORRUPTION IS A CASE I WON'T ADVISE EVEN MY ENEMY TO STUDY
Re: We Say We Want Change Yet... By Mathias Orhero by cranknicholson: 1:08pm On May 15, 2016
BRO,THE PROBLEM IS NOT WITH ORDINARY NIGERIANS. LOOK AT THE DEVELOPED COUNTRIES IN THE WORLD. YOU THINK THE CITIZENS ARE MORE DISCIPLINED THAN YOU? THE ANSWER IS [/b]NO[b]. THE SYSTEM MAKES IT UNATTRACTIVE FOR UNSCRUPULOUS BEHAVIOR LIKE THE ONES PERPETRATED IN NIGERIA. WHO WILL IMPLEMENT THE SYSTEM [/b]GOVERNMENT[b].. OUR GOVERNMENT LACK BASIC EDUCATION, BASIC SENSE AND BASIC WISDOM. SEE YOU DON'T BRING DEVELOPMENT IN ANY COUNTRY BY PREACHING TO THE CITIZENS TO CHANGE, GIVE THEM REASONS TO CHANGE AND THEY WILL EMBRACE CHANGE.. MAKE IT ATTRACTIVE TO CHANGE.. MAKE UNSCRUPULOUS ACTS UNATTRACTIVE.. MEANWHILE MAGA FIT PAY ME TONIGHT grin grin

1 Like

Re: We Say We Want Change Yet... By Mathias Orhero by Nobody: 1:14pm On May 15, 2016
God bless OP!

D way common civilians inflate goods,,,,em,, only God knows who wil make heaven. undecided

Mai aozholds inclusive grin

Tank God I am nt as lazy as 'shamecurls' who's still there waiting 4 summary
Re: We Say We Want Change Yet... By Mathias Orhero by Gaskia: 1:20pm On May 15, 2016
This is a very sensible post.
I commend you OP and add that you are 100% correct in your submissions.

However, I wish to say that the last elections left Nigeria more divided than anytime after the civil war and scars of wars don't fade easily.

The APC employed a lot of resources on propaganda than it has ever been done in Nigeria's history. I stay in the South and the perception is still rife that Boko haram was a political creation to oust GEJ, and that they will not be in a haste to stop it so that the perception would not be confirmed.
Could you remember citizens calling for GEJ to go when terrorists strike? Some even said attack on BH is attack on the North? Some failed to condemn the culprits.
That is not an example to follow and retaliation is counter productive but the fact is that GMB and APC made comments and took actions that deepened the divide and like you said, we reep what we sow. We cannot easily forget the occupy Nigeria protest which I partook in Lagos state. So why should we clap for them now. Do you remember that we missed an opportunity to attempt fixing our unity issue because ONLY APC and some northern elements mocked the National Confab just becuse it was convened by GEJ their enemy? They unconsciously created and retained a state of anger and bitterness for themselves. OBJ, Amaechi, Atiku, Tinubu, Kwankwanso, Rochas and others mentioned in the ignoble Halliburton scam, National Id card fraud, PHC monorail scam, Mambilla power project scam, oil bloc self allocation and others could not have wanted a power change because GEJ was currupt. They need to do more to heal the wounds they contributed else the cycle , though wrong, may continue.

2 Likes

Re: We Say We Want Change Yet... By Mathias Orhero by r2beez(m): 1:26pm On May 15, 2016
We say we want change yet you posted a beautiful write up on the change mantra and you were still the FTC on your write up grin. Charity begins at home @op
Re: We Say We Want Change Yet... By Mathias Orhero by dvee2: 1:29pm On May 15, 2016
[quote author=lielbree post=45638685]Op you claim to be from delta state and you made mention of blowing up pipeline and fg paying militants. Please answer this:

IS IT FAIR THAT THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT CONTINUES TO RECOGNISE 90% ALLOCATION OF OIL BLOCKS TO NORTHERNER?
WHILE THOSE WHO OWN THE OIL, WHOSE LAND HAS BEEN DEVASTATED BY OIL EXPLORATION HAVE LITTLE OR NOTHING!

I only wonder if the north had the wealth of the south, would any southerner be allocated an oil block?

I agree with u op but u are definitely missing some vital points. The people of the Niger delta will have peace if and only if we have resource control.[/quote

Your brother Gej was in power for six years, why didn't he reverse the trend? As in give more oil block to you? ]

1 Like

Re: We Say We Want Change Yet... By Mathias Orhero by sapele914(m): 1:39pm On May 15, 2016
fratermathy:
We Say We Want Change Yet...
By Mathias Orhero
literarymathy@gmail.com
Dedicated to Sandra James (Jasysandra) whose birthday is this auspicious date and who, above all else, wants change for Nigeria
And to late Freeman David, an agent of positive change!

I am a proud Nigerian
I am a proud Deltan
I am a proud Urhobo boy
I am a proud Okpara boy

I know one day things shall get better
I know one day CHANGE will come!
Let us unite and start a mental revolution
Nigeria's ours!
Urhobo wado,thank you my brethren. Okpara waterside or inland?Delta no dey carry last.

2 Likes

Re: We Say We Want Change Yet... By Mathias Orhero by shamecurls(m): 1:41pm On May 15, 2016
grin grin grin

Adegbenro7643:
God bless OP!

D way common civilians inflate goods,,,,em,, only God knows who wil make heaven. undecided

Mai aozholds inclusive grin

Tank God I am nt as lazy as 'shamecurls' who's still there waiting 4 summary

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

IGP, Police Commission Clash Over Recruitment Notice / Nigerian Man Files Suit Against Buhari And INEC At Lagos High Court. Photos / APC South East Leaders Meet Buhari, Endorse Him For Second Term

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.