Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,790 members, 7,813,616 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:56 PM

We Say We Want Change Yet... By Mathias Orhero - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Say We Want Change Yet... By Mathias Orhero (16631 Views)

Presidential Aspirant Mathias Tsado Practically Shades PMB With Nigerian Flag / Adamu Garba, Fela Durotoye, Mathias Baba Tsado For 2019 Nigerian President / YORUBAS SAY "We Regret Voting Apc And Buhari". (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Say We Want Change Yet... By Mathias Orhero by Richydos(m): 1:43pm On May 15, 2016
pjamas:

A teacher asked his student
1+1=?
A student stood up and
shouted
A man passing by overheard
the
response, he shook his head
and said "Buhari will not kill us
in this
country everything has
increased,
transport fare, fuel prices, food
stuff, pure water,dollar...
...everything
even 1+1 that used to be 2 has
now gone up to 4
Lolzzzzzz.... Somebody, someone, anybody should please chain this dude b4 e tear my Belle with laff......
Re: We Say We Want Change Yet... By Mathias Orhero by lielbree: 1:50pm On May 15, 2016
[quote author=dvee2 post=45641462][/quote]
So that you people will cry cats and Dogs?
Anyway he planned to do that in his second term
Re: We Say We Want Change Yet... By Mathias Orhero by fratermathy(m): 1:51pm On May 15, 2016
sapele914:
Urhobo wado,thank you my brethren. Okpara waterside or inland?Delta no dey carry last.

Inland! cheesy
Re: We Say We Want Change Yet... By Mathias Orhero by sapele914(m): 1:57pm On May 15, 2016
Gaskia:
This is a very sensible post.
I commend you OP and add that you are 100% correct in your submissions.

However, I wish to say that the last elections left Nigeria more divided than anytime after the civil war and scars of wars don't fade easily.

The APC employed a lot of resources on propaganda than it has ever been done in Nigeria's history. I stay in the South and the perception is still rife that Boko haram was a political creation to oust GEJ, and that they will not be in a haste to stop it so that the perception would not be confirmed.
Could you remember citizens calling for GEJ to go when terrorists strike? Some even said attack on BH is attack on the North? Some failed to condemn the culprits.
That is not an example to follow and retaliation is counter productive but the fact is that GMB and APC made comments and took actions that deepened the divide and like you said, we deep what we sow. We cannot easily forget the occupy Nigeria protest which I partook in Lagos state. So why should we clap for them now. Do you remember that we missed an opportunity to attempt fixing our unity issue because ONLY APC and some northern elements mocked the National Confab just becuse it was convened by GEJ their enemy? The unconsciously retained a state of anger for themselves. OBJ, Amaechi, Atiku, Tinubu, Kwankwanso, Rochas and others fingered in Halliburton scam, National Id card fraud, PHC monorail scam, Mambilla power project scam, oil bloc self allocation and others could not have wanted a power change because GEJ was currupt. They need to do more to heal the wounds they contributed else the cycle , though wrong, may continue.
I cannot help but disagree with you,sorry to hear you were naïve and tricked into taking part in the so called protest occupy Nigeria a few years ago I'm sure you can't be cajoled. 4years after, a few of us who have been opportuned to live in the west have known for a long time that deregulation in the oil sector is the norm in the 21st century. Boko haram has nothing to do with the oppositon it was created by pdp members of the north who supported gej see the amount of money sharing that occured in the north. The last nsa to jonathan before sambo the late general azazi said it point blank boko haram is a creation of the pdp and 4 months later he was killed in a helicopter crash with Governor Yakowa. As for the so called national confab you cannot select people you have bribed over people that were elected only the senate can delibrate and give us another constitution,national conferences are only recognized when there are no elected representative for the people it was all a ploy to trick the blind,why did he not organize it in 2012 to give himself enough time to force and make sure david mark and co accept their resolutions if he really meant well the man was a puppet robot . Jonathan a very weak and morally corrupt personality, Stealing of public funds is not corruption. Oga I hail.

1 Like

Re: We Say We Want Change Yet... By Mathias Orhero by fratermathy(m): 2:01pm On May 15, 2016
ICEFLAME419ja:

Who this post EPP?

Alot of people have evaluated things by reading this post. I suggest you do the same.
Re: We Say We Want Change Yet... By Mathias Orhero by SmartThief(m): 2:09pm On May 15, 2016
Be the change you want to see in the world wink
Re: We Say We Want Change Yet... By Mathias Orhero by VocalWalls: 2:12pm On May 15, 2016
I don't know what you're saying. I just need a visa.

www.vocalwalls.com
Re: We Say We Want Change Yet... By Mathias Orhero by fratermathy(m): 2:18pm On May 15, 2016
VocalWalls:
I don't know what you're saying. I just need a visa.

www.vocalwalls.com

Running away wont change who you are. The problem with Nigeria is not Nigeria but Nigerians! This is why Nigerians go to other countries and cause havoc, disobey rules, evade immigration, overstay their visas, commit crimes and eventually get deported after soiling the name of the country! Buhari, Jonathan, APC, PDP, etc, don't do that! WE ARE THE ONES WHO DO THAT!

First of all, change your self! Then you can change the nation and even if you go outside the country, the collective baggage of Nigerian ills wont weigh you down.

1 Like

Re: We Say We Want Change Yet... By Mathias Orhero by mikolo80: 2:31pm On May 15, 2016
ononujuchika:
the reason you think that corruption in this administration is lower is because the compromised media lis shying away from corruuption in this government.

how are they compromised. what does compromise mean to you.so media was not compromised during pdp
Re: We Say We Want Change Yet... By Mathias Orhero by goshen26: 2:32pm On May 15, 2016
When I first heard the word PSYCHOLOGY. I spelt "SYCHOLOGY". I didn't know there was a 'silent' letter "P". When President Buhari and APC promised ₦45 as pms pump price. I also didn't know there was a 'silent' one hundred naira before it! I guess I've learnt my lessons!!

1 Like

Re: We Say We Want Change Yet... By Mathias Orhero by mikolo80: 2:33pm On May 15, 2016
Beehshorp:
Abegi!! Make I breathe.....
If we change our mindset will it change the promises dose APC maggots gave us?
Will our mindset give us food,fuel and lyt?
How will I help my neighbour if I don't av?
How will I not hoard fuel when a country like naija sells fuel for 175 per litre
if you enter farm, you think say dollar go affect you. think am?
Re: We Say We Want Change Yet... By Mathias Orhero by mikolo80: 2:35pm On May 15, 2016
Ijaya123:

And the change also also gave out $2.1billion meant for arms to tackle insurgency to be shared among a currupt few.
you for ask am how many almajiri graduate and who build the school (na Britain fa) if not dem for thief d moni. and how many cassava bread ,local rice, GSM fertiliser you or even him don see
Re: We Say We Want Change Yet... By Mathias Orhero by VocalWalls: 3:00pm On May 15, 2016
fratermathy:

Running away wont change who you are. The problem with Nigeria is not Nigeria but Nigerians! This is why Nigerians go to other countries and cause havoc, disobey rules, evade immigration, overstay their visas, commit crimes and eventually get deported after soiling the name of the country! Buhari, Jonathan, APC, PDP, etc, don't do that! WE ARE THE ONES WHO DO THAT!

First of all, change your self! Then you can change the nation and even if you go outside the country, the collective baggage of Nigerian ills wont weigh you down.

Please stop all these 'change yourself talk. Am I a criminal? Have I ruined Nigeria in any way?

I have done lots of community service, I even served well during my NYSC, and even got a certificate of outstanding service.

If I get a green card, I have nothing to do, whatsoever, with Nigeria.

Nigeria is no longer my problem. Giving up on a failed nation is not a crime, stop the attempt to make me feel guilty.

The way Nigeria has failed. We shouldn't even be paying tax. The government owes us.

By the way, does leaving Nigeria = Breaking rules? Because I don't get your point.

1 Like

Re: We Say We Want Change Yet... By Mathias Orhero by tuko75: 3:13pm On May 15, 2016
Change is a thing of the mind. Until Nigerians have a change of mind to the next neighbour positively then we will know there is a change. But when the whole system and the individual within and outside is constantly working against the norms of nature, then we don't talk about change but about pains. Ask an average Nigerian if he truly ready for change, but am afraid many a Nigerian wants to prey upon another Nigerian. Refusals to change will naturally come with it attendant pains which are the various mishaps we are facing as a nation. Do we vote the right people into the government without expecting something before voting them into power. The class that be have to a large extent orientate Nigerian against the natural process by which a nation is exterblished. This is the mind of a common Nigerian, with the clarion call to Nigerians that it's not too late to allow change in our daily system of life. The President is trying, but we should question ourselves if we are ready to let go the individual corrupt system let alone national corrupt system.
Re: We Say We Want Change Yet... By Mathias Orhero by blackgig(m): 3:48pm On May 15, 2016
Bitterleafsoup:
[s][/s]Change was here but you voted him out!
He got rid of ghost workers, he made us the giant of Africa, he brought schools to the Northern poor children and revolutionize agriculture but you said it was not enough.[s][/s]

...and allowed some people share our money meant for security, its may start with a letter 'C', but that to me is not Change, its was Cruelty. Whoever doesn't care about security of lives, cares about Nothing!
Re: We Say We Want Change Yet... By Mathias Orhero by bapullow: 3:50pm On May 15, 2016
Nice one May bless U and ur entirely generation
fratermathy:
We Say We Want Change Yet...
By Mathias Orhero
literarymathy@gmail.com
Dedicated to Sandra James (Jasysandra) whose birthday is this auspicious date and who, above all else, wants change for Nigeria
And to late Freeman David, an agent of positive change!

I do not know what to call this. Some may argue that I have written poetry below. To me, it is not poetry but an article written in verse form. I used parallelisms and repetitions to emphasise my message. I have tried to make it as simple as possible so that everyone can access the import of my message. This work is written against the background of recent happenings in Nigeria today. On May 29th 2015, the All Progressives Congress candidates were sworn in at different levels after winning the 2015 general elections in landslide victories. APC was able to boot out the incumbent PDP party across all levels due to the perceived dearth of society, corruption, insecurity and other endemic issues that plagued the Nigerian society. Nigerians were fed up! We knew there were problems but we did not know what to do about them. We made a choice between the devil and the blue sea and we chose our perceived blue sea.

President Buhari entered into power on the APC mantra of "CHANGE"! This mantra was accepted by every Nigerian who was fed up with the status quo. We did not know what to expect and or what we were doing. We only wanted Goodluck Jonathan to GO! This was the perception of the bulk of the masses. We turned the 2015 election into a tribal feud between the North/West and the South! In any case, APC's Buhari won the historic election which has been dubbed Nigeria's freest and fairest election so far.

Post-election reality was anticipated with much hope but to our chagrin, things were moving quite slow. Most of us were waiting for some sort of magic to happen. Magic that would instantaneously change Nigeria! We want corruption to be eliminated, we want corrupt officers to go on trial, we want good roads, we want electricity, and so much more. The government has been slow; too slow but the government cannot perform magic.

Buhari hit the ground running by fighting the Boko Haram menace that has taken a lot of lives and properties in the North East. He started to prosecute corrupt officers, although he was tagged as being biased! He started to revolutionise Nigerian mind but has all these been successful and appraised? Buhari is working like any president who has the good of the country at heart. Jonathan would have done better if not for the corruption in his government. However, this is not a political affair as our youths make it seem.

We all want change! We want things to change but the irony is that the government is not up to 5% as corrupt as ourselves; the ordinary people. The government is not up to 5% destructive as the people. The government can only do its best but NOTHING WILL HAPPEN unless we CHANGE our MINDSET. In lieu of this, I have scribbled the following verses. Let us look at these verses without cloaking our minds with APC/PDP politics because they will come and go and Nigeria remains ours. Even if Nigeria disintegrates today, these problems will not miraculously vanish. They will still be there. So let us examine these verses and understand their import. This is the first step!!!

[b]We say we want change yet we give bribes to universities to gain admission
We say we want change yet we pay money and sleep with lecturers to get marks
We say we want change yet we empty our waste bins by the roadside
We say we want change yet we inflate the price of goods and services at every opportunity
We say we want change yet we tell people to pay us money in other to help them
We say we want change yet we blow up pipelines and destroy our environment
We say we want change yet we take up arms and rob innocent civilians
We say we want change yet we pay money and sleep with people to get jobs and keep them
We say we want change yet we steal wires and other properties mean for electrification
We say we want change yet we look for ways to cheat network providers and browse for free
We say we want change yet we disobey orders and sell by the roadside
We say we want change yet we cannot stand in and maintain a simple queue
We say we want change yet if we find money or property not belonging to us, we steal it instead of returning it
We say we want change yet bribe immigration officers to import contraband goods
We say we want change yet we bribe police officers after committing crimes
We say we want change yet we won't participate in politics and challenge the thieves
We say we want change yet we celebrate the looters of our collective wealth and burn those who steal things as trivial as fufu
We say we want change yet we cause noise pollution and play songs that disturb the peace without considering others
We say we want change yet churches spring up at every corner each day to deceive gullible people and cause noise commotion everywhere
We say we want change yet we organise, sponsor and partake in examination malpractice at all levels
We say we want change yet we celebrate the destroyers of the nation and the looters and call them "mentors"
We say we want change yet we tribalise everything and anything and make it an Igbo-Yoruba-Hausa affair
We say we want change yet we are nepotistic and consider only those from our ethnic extraction as humans
We say we want change yet we move around the country with cows, killing, raping and maiming innocent people
We say we want change yet we steal people's cows and spite them
We say we want change yet we strap bombs to our bodies and kill people
We say we want change yet we we keep silent while militants and criminals are paid monthly from the national coffers
We say we want change yet those of us in the civil service have lackadaisical attitudes to work and sometimes, don't even show up at all
We say we want change yet we insult our President and his Office
We say we want change yet we sell foreign currency as exorbitant rates
We say we want change yet we cannot exercise patience for change to come
We say we want change yet those of us given contracts to construct social amenities, roads, etc, eat the money
We say we want change yet we bribe judges
We say we want change yet we attack the effort of the president at curbing corruption
We say we want change yet we are happy when our gallant soldiers are killed up north
We say we want change yet we are vengeful and think the failure of the President is a thing to be happy about. Only if we knew better...
We say we want change yet we kidnap children, wives and women for unspeakable things
We say we want change yet we say Aba made is fake. We'd rather buy from China
We say we want change yet we can't even sweep our own surroundings and streets
We say we want change yet we task the government to settle us when roads, bridges, etc, are constructed
We say we want change yet we don't know the name of our LGA chairman, councillors, HoA member, HoR member & Senator
We say we want change yet we build illegal refineries, destroy the ecosystem and say the government is incompetent
We say we want change yet we hunt and poach rare almost extinct animals and call them bushmeat
We say we want change yet we sing panegyrics to those persons against progress and change
We say we want change yet we are the first to scoop free fuel & diesel from a tanker that had an accident
We say we want change yet we hit innocent people with our cars and run away
We say we want change yet we snap accident victims and put them on video instead of helping them
We say we want change yet we spread rumours, propaganda and outright lies
We say we want change yet we chase companies away from the country by our actions
We say we want change yet we cannot query our local chiefs that eat community money
We say we want change yet we cannot even come together with one voice without calamity befalling us
We say we want change yet we are self-centred, deluded and greedy
We say we want change yet we are the first to run away from the country rather than be patriotic
We say we want change yet we harass women, rape them, victimise them and assault them
We say we want change yet we can't even air our intentions without partisanship and personal/ethnic colouration
We say we want change yet our only language is violence
We say we want change yet our neighbours are suffering in penury without succour. What have we done to ameliorate their plight?
We say we want change yet we hoard fuel and create artificial scarcity
We say we want change yet we engage in activities that negatively affect the economy and make the poor, poorer
We say we want change yet we do not think that the things we do only come back to haunt us and not the people we try to spite
We say we want change yet we enter the internet, even on ground, and dupe people of their hard-earned money without conscience
We say we want change yet we cannot even wash our own public toilets
We say we want change and we steal properties meant for our collective use
We say we want change and we can't even maintain the little infrastructure we have left
We say we want change and we can't think of business ideas to develop the economy. We'd rather attack the president in power
We say we want change yet we call the president clueless
We say we want change yet we know we cannot rule the country better and even lack any progressive idea whatsoever
We say we want change yet we are filled with hate
We say we want change yet we cannot practise the virtues of our religions
We say we want change yet we insult the president whenever he travels abroad for our own good
We say we want change yet we are pessimistic about the nation
We say we want change yet we want to create our own country. Do we really think problems vanish overnight? Or are the new leaders saints?
We say we want change yet we embrace Westernisation over our own African roots! How silly this is
We say we want change yet we cannot change our ways! How ironic change is!
We say we want change yet some will read this and move on with their evil ways. Some may even attack me and call me a zombie!
We say we want change yet we are blind to the change going on without our intervention
We say we want change yet we drink and drive
We say we want change yet we break traffic rules
We say we want change yet we drug girls and molest them
We say we want change yet we are pretentious about ourselves
We say we want change yet we cannot maintain our environment
We say we want change yet we use the guise of protest to loot and cause wanton destruction of other people's businesses and shops
We say we want change yet student union governments steal money from accounts
We say we want change yet bank managers steal money and some go scot free
We say we want change yet WE KNOW WHAT TO DO TO MAKE THINGS RIGHT AND EFFECT THE CHANGE WE NEED!
We say we want change yet...[/b]

This list is endless, virtually all our us and every part of life is concerned in this change affair. The government, whether APC or PDP; GEJ or PMB, can only do so much but without our collective cooperation, government effort will be futile and things shall remain the same. Nigeria's situation is like the quip of "soldier go, soldier come but barrack remain". Presidents and parties will go and come but our problems will remain with us. Look at GEJ today whom we called clueless and corrupt, he is enjoying his retirement and has peace of mind! Fuel crises won't affect him, nothing he may be laid the foundation for will affect him. So also with PMB! When he leaves, he'll enjoy his life! We'll be the ones to live with the consequences of our actions. This is not a political issue! I am trying to conscientise us about the effects of our actions! We alone shall face environmental degradation, loss of lives, properties, mass havoc, unrest, etc. When the civil war was fought in Nigeria, Ojukwu and Gowon were in hallowed enclaves and it was innocent people that fought the war. Let us learn from that. Let us CHANGE NIGERIA one day at a time. CHANGE is a state of the mind. Let us be patriotic and learn from Americans on what it means to be proud of one's nation.

I am a proud Nigerian
I am a proud Deltan
I am a proud Urhobo boy
I am a proud Okpara boy

I know one day things shall get better
I know one day CHANGE will come!
Let us unite and start a mental revolution
Nigeria's ours!
Re: We Say We Want Change Yet... By Mathias Orhero by tosinjay(m): 3:55pm On May 15, 2016
Wow this change many ooo... Nice one though. Almost couldn't finish it.

Let me add one.

[/b]We say we want change but "omo onile" won't let people rest when they buy land in lagos, and sometimes if not immediately developed one stand to loose the ownership.[b]
Re: We Say We Want Change Yet... By Mathias Orhero by djmadridal: 4:37pm On May 15, 2016
You say you want change, yet you were biased in your write up.

.................Church bringing noise pollution.
What of those lousy mosques noise that are not palatable to hearing?

The change starts with you.
Re: We Say We Want Change Yet... By Mathias Orhero by LUKINGUY(m): 4:39pm On May 15, 2016
You must be one of the employed Youth, Else come and resume in a multinational company with pay in $ you passed the interview already. Let other lazy and unemployable youth wail and dwell with their Oyel Money

fratermathy:
We Say We Want Change Yet.
By Mathias Orhero
literarymathy@gmail.com
Dedicated to Sandra James (Jasysandra) whose birthday is this auspicious date and who, above all else, wants change for Nigeria
And to late Freeman David, an agent of positive change!

I do not know what to call this. Some may argue that I have written poetry below. To me, it is not poetry but an article written in verse form. I used parallelisms and repetitions to emphasise my message. I have tried to make it as simple as possible so that everyone can access the import of my message. This work is written against the background of recent happenings in Nigeria today. On May 29th 2015, the All Progressives Congress candidates were sworn in at different levels after winning the 2015 general elections in landslide victories. APC was able to boot out the incumbent PDP party across all levels due to the perceived dearth of society, corruption, insecurity and other endemic issues that plagued the Nigerian society. Nigerians were fed up! We knew there were problems but we did not know what to do about them. We made a choice between the devil and the blue sea and we chose our perceived blue sea.

President Buhari entered into power on the APC mantra of "CHANGE"! This mantra was accepted by every Nigerian who was fed up with the status quo. We did not know what to expect and or what we were doing. We only wanted Goodluck Jonathan to GO! This was the perception of the bulk of the masses. We turned the 2015 election into a tribal feud between the North/West and the South! In any case, APC's Buhari won the historic election which has been dubbed Nigeria's freest and fairest election so far.

Post-election reality was anticipated with much hope but to our chagrin, things were moving quite slow. Most of us were waiting for some sort of magic to happen. Magic that would instantaneously change Nigeria! We want corruption to be eliminated, we want corrupt officers to go on trial, we want good roads, we want electricity, and so much more. The government has been slow; too slow but the government cannot perform magic.

Buhari hit the ground running by fighting the Boko Haram menace that has taken a lot of lives and properties in the North East. He started to prosecute corrupt officers, although he was tagged as being biased! He started to revolutionise Nigerian mind but has all these been successful and appraised? Buhari is working like any president who has the good of the country at heart. Jonathan would have done better if not for the corruption in his government. However, this is not a political affair as our youths make it seem.

We all want change! We want things to change but the irony is that the government is not up to 5% as corrupt as ourselves; the ordinary people. The government is not up to 5% destructive as the people. The government can only do its best but NOTHING WILL HAPPEN unless we CHANGE our MINDSET. In lieu of this, I have scribbled the following verses. Let us look at these verses without cloaking our minds with APC/PDP politics because they will come and go and Nigeria remains ours. Even if Nigeria disintegrates today, these problems will not miraculously vanish. They will still be there. So let us examine these verses and understand their import. This is the first step!!!

[b]We say we want change yet we give bribes to universities to gain admission
We say we want change yet we pay money and sleep with lecturers to get marks
We say we want change yet we empty our waste bins by the roadside
We say we want change yet we inflate the price of goods and services at every opportunity
We say we want change yet we tell people to pay us money in other to help them
We say we want change yet we blow up pipelines and destroy our environment
We say we want change yet we take up arms and rob innocent civilians
We say we want change yet we pay money and sleep with people to get jobs and keep them
We say we want change yet we steal wires and other properties mean for electrification
We say we want change yet we look for ways to cheat network providers and browse for free
We say we want change yet we disobey orders and sell by the roadside
We say we want change yet we cannot stand in and maintain a simple queue
We say we want change yet if we find money or property not belonging to us, we steal it instead of returning it
We say we want change yet bribe immigration officers to import contraband goods
We say we want change yet we bribe police officers after committing crimes
We say we want change yet we won't participate in politics and challenge the thieves
We say we want change yet we celebrate the looters of our collective wealth and burn those who steal things as trivial as fufu
We say we want change yet we cause noise pollution and play songs that disturb the peace without considering others
We say we want change yet churches spring up at every corner each day to deceive gullible people and cause noise commotion everywhere
We say we want change yet we organise, sponsor and partake in examination malpractice at all levels
We say we want change yet we celebrate the destroyers of the nation and the looters and call them "mentors"
We say we want change yet we tribalise everything and anything and make it an Igbo-Yoruba-Hausa affair
We say we want change yet we are nepotistic and consider only those from our ethnic extraction as humans
We say we want change yet we move around the country with cows, killing, raping and maiming innocent people
We say we want change yet we steal people's cows and spite them
We say we want change yet we strap bombs to our bodies and kill people
We say we want change yet we we keep silent while militants and criminals are paid monthly from the national coffers
We say we want change yet those of us in the civil service have lackadaisical attitudes to work and sometimes, don't even show up at all
We say we want change yet we insult our President and his Office
We say we want change yet we sell foreign currency as exorbitant rates
We say we want change yet we cannot exercise patience for change to come
We say we want change yet those of us given contracts to construct social amenities, roads, etc, eat the money
We say we want change yet we bribe judges
We say we want change yet we attack the effort of the president at curbing corruption
We say we want change yet we are happy when our gallant soldiers are killed up north
We say we want change yet we are vengeful and think the failure of the President is a thing to be happy about. Only if we knew better...
We say we want change yet we kidnap children, wives and women for unspeakable things
We say we want change yet we say Aba made is fake. We'd rather buy from China
We say we want change yet we can't even sweep our own surroundings and streets
We say we want change yet we task the government to settle us when roads, bridges, etc, are constructed
We say we want change yet we don't know the name of our LGA chairman, councillors, HoA member, HoR member & Senator
We say we want change yet we build illegal refineries, destroy the ecosystem and say the government is incompetent
We say we want change yet we hunt and poach rare almost extinct animals and call them bushmeat
We say we want change yet we sing panegyrics to those persons against progress and change
We say we want change yet we are the first to scoop free fuel & diesel from a tanker that had an accident
We say we want change yet we hit innocent people with our cars and run away
We say we want change yet we snap accident victims and put them on video instead of helping them
We say we want change yet we spread rumours, propaganda and outright lies
We say we want change yet we chase companies away from the country by our actions
We say we want change yet we cannot query our local chiefs that eat community money
We say we want change yet we cannot even come together with one voice without calamity befalling us
We say we want change yet we are self-centred, deluded and greedy
We say we want change yet we are the first to run away from the country rather than be patriotic
We say we want change yet we harass women, rape them, victimise them and assault them
We say we want change yet we can't even air our intentions without partisanship and personal/ethnic colouration
We say we want change yet our only language is violence
We say we want change yet our neighbours are suffering in penury without succour. What have we done to ameliorate their plight?
We say we want change yet we hoard fuel and create artificial scarcity
We say we want change yet we engage in activities that negatively affect the economy and make the poor, poorer
We say we want change yet we do not think that the things we do only come back to haunt us and not the people we try to spite
We say we want change yet we enter the internet, even on ground, and dupe people of their hard-earned money without conscience
We say we want change yet we cannot even wash our own public toilets
We say we want change and we steal properties meant for our collective use
We say we want change and we can't even maintain the little infrastructure we have left
We say we want change and we can't think of business ideas to develop the economy. We'd rather attack the president in power
We say we want change yet we call the president clueless
We say we want change yet we know we cannot rule the country better and even lack any progressive idea whatsoever
We say we want change yet we are filled with hate
We say we want change yet we cannot practise the virtues of our religions
We say we want change yet we insult the president whenever he travels abroad for our own good
We say we want change yet we are pessimistic about the nation
We say we want change yet we want to create our own country. Do we really think problems vanish overnight? Or are the new leaders saints?
We say we want change yet we embrace Westernisation over our own African roots! How silly this is
We say we want change yet we cannot change our ways! How ironic change is!
We say we want change yet some will read this and move on with their evil ways. Some may even attack me and call me a zombie!
We say we want change yet we are blind to the change going on without our intervention
We say we want change yet we drink and drive
We say we want change yet we break traffic rules
We say we want change yet we drug girls and molest them
We say we want change yet we are pretentious about ourselves
We say we want change yet we cannot maintain our environment
We say we want change yet we use the guise of protest to loot and cause wanton destruction of other people's businesses and shops
We say we want change yet student union governments steal money from accounts
We say we want change yet bank managers steal money and some go scot free
We say we want change yet WE KNOW WHAT TO DO TO MAKE THINGS RIGHT AND EFFECT THE CHANGE WE NEED!
We say we want change yet...[/b]

This list is endless, virtually all our us and every part of life is concerned in this change affair. The government, whether APC or PDP; GEJ or PMB, can only do so much but without our collective cooperation, government effort will be futile and things shall remain the same. Nigeria's situation is like the quip of "soldier go, soldier come but barrack remain". Presidents and parties will go and come but our problems will remain with us. Look at GEJ today whom we called clueless and corrupt, he is enjoying his retirement and has peace of mind! Fuel crises won't affect him, nothing he may be laid the foundation for will affect him. So also with PMB! When he leaves, he'll enjoy his life! We'll be the ones to live with the consequences of our actions. This is not a political issue! I am trying to conscientise us about the effects of our actions! We alone shall face environmental degradation, loss of lives, properties, mass havoc, unrest, etc. When the civil war was fought in Nigeria, Ojukwu and Gowon were in hallowed enclaves and it was innocent people that fought the war. Let us learn from that. Let us CHANGE NIGERIA one day at a time. CHANGE is a state of the mind. Let us be patriotic and learn from Americans on what it means to be proud of one's nation.

I am a proud Nigerian
I am a proud Deltan
I am a proud Urhobo boy
I am a proud Okpara boy

I know one day things shall get better
I know one day CHANGE will come!
Let us unite and start a mental revolution
Nigeria's ours!
Re: We Say We Want Change Yet... By Mathias Orhero by fratermathy(m): 4:57pm On May 15, 2016
djmadridal:
You say you want change, yet you were biased in your write up.

.................Church bringing noise pollution.
What of those lousy mosques noise that are not palatable to hearing?

The change starts with you.

Noise pollution is common to all religions. By the way, I am a Christian, not a muslim so I can't speak on mosques when I haven't stayed near one.
Re: We Say We Want Change Yet... By Mathias Orhero by naturalmikky(m): 5:04pm On May 15, 2016
@OP your write up is coming at a time when Nigerian are in agony. I wish you can tell the president who brought about the change syndrome to keep to his word by fulfilling all his campaign promises.
How do you rate a man who doesn't keep to his word? I leave that to you. Since the govt came on board, it has been taxing the citizen here and there ranging from post tax - Fuel tax. You cannot say your a changed person when you make friends with the evil ones(Tinubu, Amaechi, Fashola).
The govt should all cut on their own expenditure like travelling unnecessarily, buying brand new cars that are irrelevant a fixing their own children in CBN jobs that are made for the intelligent populace.
I will prefer you take your writeup to Buhari before you talk to anyone about this. Thanks

1 Like

Re: We Say We Want Change Yet... By Mathias Orhero by jjblues(m): 5:55pm On May 15, 2016
Good young man . Your write up is rationally objective. You have captured many vices bedevilling our country. Unfortunately, many of us will not look at where we have lapses and correct them but we are always quick to blame or criticize others destructively , attaching political coloration to every good or unbiased opinions. Kudos to you, as a patroitic you did what you think is good to your fellow citizens at this time of hardship, rather than engaging on frivolous political sentiments. They shd understand that so many wrongdoings cannot make right. Shalom

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Say We Want Change Yet... By Mathias Orhero by Arielle: 6:28pm On May 15, 2016
Bitterleafsoup:
Change was here but you voted him out!
He got rid of ghost workers, he made us the giant of Africa, he brought schools to the Northern poor children and revolutionize agriculture but you said it was not enough.

Twit!
Re: We Say We Want Change Yet... By Mathias Orhero by koded123(m): 8:57pm On May 15, 2016
'The government can not perform magic' yea! accepted 1yr don waka already In 10months of their leadership, Nigerians cry out in regret; you all voted them in with your thumbs all because we believed their lies and now they are satisfying their selfish ambitions. It has been a yr now and it’s gotten worse than ever; the president promised #5000 stipends to all unemployed youths which he later admitted he was not the one who made such promise but it was the party.
A man who denies his own words can only bring disaster to us. A month after he became president, electricity became better but then 9months down the line it became worse. The electricity we enjoyed then was the last effort of the former President, it became time for the new President to work and he couldn’t, is this the change you want”
“NOOO!!, even before the election they had promised you all change that will restore the country better than before but those were empty promises as usual, instead they gave us change in negative form.“The money is for me and Nigerians but some group of persons who call themselves government have gathered to satisfy their selfish desires with the wealth of the nation; they lied to us, to telling us the country was broke but on the contrary.since indepence d country is stil in darkness.the truth is dat change of mindset can only start from d top.
Re: We Say We Want Change Yet... By Mathias Orhero by fratermathy(m): 9:56pm On May 15, 2016
koded123:
'The government can not perform magic' yea! accepted 1yr don waka already In 10months of their leadership, Nigerians cry out in regret; you all voted them in with your thumbs all because we believed their lies and now they are satisfying their selfish ambitions. It has been a yr now and it’s gotten worse than ever; the president promised #5000 stipends to all unemployed youths which he later admitted he was not the one who made such promise but it was the party.
A man who denies his own words can only bring disaster to us. A month after he became president, electricity became better but then 9months down the line it became worse. The electricity we enjoyed then was the last effort of the former President, it became time for the new President to work and he couldn’t, is this the change you want”
“NOOO!!, even before the election they had promised you all change that will restore the country better than before but those were empty promises as usual, instead they gave us change in negative form.“The money is for me and Nigerians but some group of persons who call themselves government have gathered to satisfy their selfish desires with the wealth of the nation; they lied to us, to telling us the country was broke but on the contrary.since indepence d country is stil in darkness.the truth is dat change of mindset can only start from d top.

You are still politicizing this! I'm not an advocate for APC or Buhari so I can't respond to your statements. My argument is simple: let us start by changing the way we think, live and speak.
Re: We Say We Want Change Yet... By Mathias Orhero by Bitterleafsoup: 10:50pm On May 15, 2016
Arielle:

Twit!
sorry this is not your mother kiss
Re: We Say We Want Change Yet... By Mathias Orhero by Bitterleafsoup: 10:53pm On May 15, 2016
blackgig:

...and allowed some people share our money meant for security, its may start with a letter 'C', but that to me is not Change, its was Cruelty. Whoever doesn't care about security of lives, cares about Nothing!
Your cuurent Presidull has allowed Libyan terrorist in the country that has killed maimed and molested from Lagos to Beunu to Enugu and your here making noise with your fingers?
Re: We Say We Want Change Yet... By Mathias Orhero by fratermathy(m): 8:03am On May 16, 2016
Bitterleafsoup:
Your cuurent Presidull has allowed Libyan terrorist in the country that has killed maimed and molested from Lagos to Beunu to Enugu and your here making noise with your fingers?

cheesy cheesy grin

Chai! Nigerians though. Too headstrong.

1 Like

Re: We Say We Want Change Yet... By Mathias Orhero by fratermathy(m): 10:07am On May 16, 2016
LUKINGUY:
You must be one of the employed Youth, Else come and resume in a multinational company with pay in $ you passed the interview already. Let other lazy and unemployable youth wail and dwell with their Oyel Money

Re: We Say We Want Change Yet... By Mathias Orhero by Montaque(m): 3:53pm On May 16, 2016
ononujuchika:
the reason you think that corruption in this administration is lower is because the compromised media lis shying away from corruuption in this government.

Nigeria sef. People still want to blame themselves for the countrys woes. Its well. The fish, i know, rots from the head. I am a good nigerian, and i put in my best in my profession, yet our dear president will go abroad and classify me as corrupt.
Even is the citizenry turn a new leave, the corrupton from the top wont allow them space to breathe.
I hope the current fight against this monster will prosper.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2019 Budget: Buhari To Spend N1bn On Trips, Osinbajo 300m (see Full Breakdown) / BREAKING! Ministerial List: I Am Under Tremendous Pressure – Buhari / Benedict Odiase Is Dead (Composer Of The National Anthem)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 142
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.