Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,396 members, 7,815,857 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:32 PM

How To Report A Cheating Petrol Station? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Report A Cheating Petrol Station? (8213 Views)

Petrol Station Attendants Flaunt Buttocks As Marketing Strategy (Photos) / Report Any Filling Station Selling Petrol Above N87 To DPR Here / Petrol Station Attendants; The New Money Makers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Report A Cheating Petrol Station? by sfiea: 3:48pm On Aug 16, 2009
I Need To Report A Cheating Petrol-Station Asap

I'd actually decided for long never to buy into a car from this particular filling station after buying and noticed there was no change in the fuel guage, and couldn't risk going on my planned journey but to go back home and take additional money to buy from another filling station.

There is a way they press the fuel dispenser, that reduce or rather not dispense at all.
I sent someone to buy N25 litres recently but met 20 litres and I was kind of doubting the person but knowing them (Filling Station) for whom they are.

It was so glaring today after buying fuel myself, since the container I took was transparent, one can tell when this particular fat lady was dispensing and when she was just fiddling with the nossle.

Aside from collecting N30 extra for buying into a jerry can, she sold 8 litres instead of 10 litres, though the machine wrote 10litres but I am certain they've ajusted the meter.

Please I need info on any regulating body to call/write/report to asap.

Its just too ridiculous

Thank You
Re: How To Report A Cheating Petrol Station? by Seun(m): 5:08pm On Aug 16, 2009
Take a picture of the station, write down the address, and post it here for the world to see.
Re: How To Report A Cheating Petrol Station? by sfiea: 6:37pm On Aug 16, 2009
Its the General petrol station on Sadiku Street, (galvaniser) Ilasamaja, off Apapa Oshodi Express way

Re: How To Report A Cheating Petrol Station? by sfiea: 8:07pm On Aug 16, 2009
I need the telephone, email or physical address of the regulating bodies please.
Re: How To Report A Cheating Petrol Station? by stagger: 9:04am On Aug 17, 2009
Just go to the Head Office Department of Petroleum Resources on Kofo Abayomi Street, Victoria Island and lodge your complaint. They will take it up from there and pay the station a surprise visit to verify your claims. If the pumps are found to be under-dispensing, they will be sealed off instantly!

1 Like

Re: How To Report A Cheating Petrol Station? by sfiea: 10:22am On Aug 17, 2009
Thanks though, but a call or mail I think will be better, we are in the IT age.
cos I will continually bombard them until they inspect and perform.

Thanks once again
Re: How To Report A Cheating Petrol Station? by Nobody: 12:27pm On Aug 17, 2009
report to/petition DPR. its their job to monitor outlets. note however that the word is that their officials collect settlement to look the other way.
Re: How To Report A Cheating Petrol Station? by sfiea: 10:16am On Aug 19, 2009
uhmm , Thanks for the "DPR's" hint
got their link online, will be talking to them shortly.

I believe the step I will take will not allow "bribe" taking
Re: How To Report A Cheating Petrol Station? by sfiea: 10:35am On Aug 19, 2009
here is their link http://www.dprnigeria.com/home.html
this might help others to take action

And I hope to see the likes of Sanusi taking over all these Government offices/bodies
Re: How To Report A Cheating Petrol Station? by mrperfect(m): 1:18pm On Aug 19, 2009
sfi_ea , thanks for this your step, if all Nigeria emulate this let us see how corruption will not end or highly minimized in this country.
Re: How To Report A Cheating Petrol Station? by Nobody: 1:20pm On Aug 19, 2009
this kind roadside petrol station, abeg no dey try am o!!!
Re: How To Report A Cheating Petrol Station? by teetalks: 1:57pm On Aug 19, 2009
@ poster
thanks alot, exactly same happened to me last wk monday on my way to Aboekuta via Sagamu,i bought fuel at a filling station at the suburb after Ikorodu (ogijo) on your way to sagamu,A Texaco filling station,while i tot major market dont toil wt their meter but i was wrong , i had 10 litters sold to my car instead of 15 litres,am visiting that station with my camera tomorow , hoping to make an officail report too
Re: How To Report A Cheating Petrol Station? by bjcisse: 2:19pm On Aug 19, 2009
this is actually true.

i Experince this at texaco filling station at adekunle yaba. it was a total fraud. the guy was just smart but i no that one day, he cannot be smarter than himself.

To full up my car tank normally will cost me 4k at N65 per liter. but that day i decide to buy 3k fuel to my car. After i drove off the filling station and wait for about 5min driving. I realize my fuel indicator does not even get to half tank, meaning the petrol attendant sold just about N1,800 to my car. i was so mad but could not go back there. i promise myself i will never buy fuel there again.

General Advice
When next you buy petrol in any filling station, don't be carried away by looking at the fuel pump as its reading. Most petrol attendant will tell you to look at the fuel pump. But pay more attention on his/her hands anytime he/she try to press the fuel holes while the pumping is reading, its stop droping fuel but your money will be reading on the pump.

Now what i do is, when am told to look at the pump, i refuse but start looking at the operator hands, there he/she will be suspicious and think you already no the trick, from there they will not try to cheat.
Re: How To Report A Cheating Petrol Station? by sfiea: 3:11pm On Aug 19, 2009
Major or Minor, they are all the same, except some selected few, like Mobil @ Obanikoro, close to Anthony Village (maybe I was lucky the owner was around)

AP after Mushin going towards Olorunshogo is also a terible place to buy fuel
Re: How To Report A Cheating Petrol Station? by lagbaja(m): 3:35pm On Aug 19, 2009
Total on Lawanson road is also a culprit.
Re: How To Report A Cheating Petrol Station? by saknel: 3:40pm On Aug 19, 2009
I would advise you visit go to DPR physically to lay the complaint, not too sure they would respond to emails,
Re: How To Report A Cheating Petrol Station? by otukpo(f): 3:52pm On Aug 19, 2009
a friend of mine just confirmed that its a well known thing with the Filling station the poster reported. AP along Okota Isolo rd is also a culprit. Their meters are adjusted to short-change.
Re: How To Report A Cheating Petrol Station? by puskin: 4:04pm On Aug 19, 2009
If I tell you what goes on in the filling stations, you would be amazed.

Believe it or not, the staations and DPR are in alliance and even WEIGHTS and MEASURES.
Yes, (weights & measures) they are the body responsible for calibration of fuel pumps and monitoring the actual amount of product quantity dispensed. There is a margin of error per 20liters dispensed. I'm not 2sure, but I think it is (+) or (-)5liters.
The petrol stations bribe the officials of these bodies so that they close their eyes to their illegal operations (tampering of meters).
Re: How To Report A Cheating Petrol Station? by puskin: 4:08pm On Aug 19, 2009
puskin:

If I tell you what goes on in the filling stations, you would be amazed.

Believe it or not, the staations and DPR are in alliance and even WEIGHTS and MEASURES.
Yes, (weights & measures) they are the body responsible for calibration of fuel pumps and monitoring the actual amount of product quantity dispensed. There is a margin of error per 20liters dispensed. I'm not 2sure, but I think it is (+) or (-)5liters.
The petrol stations bribe the officials of these bodies so that they close their eyes to their illegal operations (tampering of meters).

Sorry, I meant to say (+) or (-)0.5litres
Re: How To Report A Cheating Petrol Station? by ayobase(m): 4:18pm On Aug 19, 2009
that is been happening for ages!
Re: How To Report A Cheating Petrol Station? by puskin: 4:23pm On Aug 19, 2009
lagbaja:

Total on Lawanson road is also a culprit.

Are you very sure with your claims. Because most, if not all Total station don't do this
Re: How To Report A Cheating Petrol Station? by kaypinchi(m): 4:51pm On Aug 19, 2009
Cheating at Petrol stations is not new. Anyone (with a conscience) working at such places can easily testify to this.
As earlier said, there is some sort of collusion among the stations and DPR/Weights& Measures to turn a blind eye.

I had earlier posted an issue of this sort on Nairaland a few years back.
An average Lagosian buys 20lts for the price of 25ltrs. This is standard.
The best way to get them is to buy fuel/oil in calibrated containers and you'll hear excuses like "the meter is faulty", "your container/keg has expanded", "your car's fuel guage is faulty-(digital guage o), "the current is low hence the poor dispensing"> I've heard all sort.
I have even been accussed of spying, -can you imagine.

Inaccurate dispensing is only one of the tactics, I have deduced about 8 other styles of cheating and I'm still learning. Just learnt a new one last week. The key is to attain absolute concentration at petrol stations. Don't get distracted in any way. Otherwise,

There is only 1 station in Lagos that sells correctly- that is- NNPC at Ikoyi. All others are cheats. I have done enough reseach to conclude this.

I support the idea of posting pictures of chronic cheaters on NL. Maybe this'll help others ignorant of the dirty game.
Re: How To Report A Cheating Petrol Station? by sherrylo: 5:00pm On Aug 19, 2009
Texaco on Lasu/Isheri road after Iba housing estate at church bustop is also the same.
Re: How To Report A Cheating Petrol Station? by bighead1(m): 5:19pm On Aug 19, 2009
Yes me too ,
i would like to report the OandO filling station in marina opposite Guaranty trust bank
They sell their own petrol for N100 naira per litre which is very disgusting and bad especially when u are buying it to use in your generating set they tell u that ther are charging u for using a Keg/Jerry can when u ask them how much it costs to buy a 10 litres in your keg they tell u N950 which shouldn't be please seun i would like u to do something about this and i like how u are trying to help us out and u show that u are concerned
I think i will make a topic about this
here are the pictures of the filling station,

Even on getting to the station u shall notice that all their attendants are cheeky and very chuby also they mix their engine oil though i don't know how but they do once u buy it u will feel it both the sealed ones and measured ones and the sealed ones have all been tampered u shall notice that the seal of all of them has been slackened i feel they reduce the quantity to refill empty ones and resell for those buying the measured ones

Re: How To Report A Cheating Petrol Station? by Nezan(m): 5:30pm On Aug 19, 2009
Petrol Station attendants are cheats.
Re: How To Report A Cheating Petrol Station? by puskin: 6:07pm On Aug 19, 2009
sherry lo:

Texaco on Lasu/Isheri road after Iba housing estate at church bustop is also the same.

They are the kings of cheats amongst the major marketers.
Nezan:

Petrol Station attendants are cheats.

That's what they are paid to do.
Re: How To Report A Cheating Petrol Station? by toxicguy: 6:55pm On Aug 19, 2009
don't waste your time. the person you are taking the report to is a bigger thief than the station. its high time everyone realises that in 9ja cheating and stealing is legal and honesty is illegal. thats what the democratic constitution says. so obey it.
Re: How To Report A Cheating Petrol Station? by Outstrip(f): 7:14pm On Aug 19, 2009
Why can't you pump it yourself. I mean will they stop you from doing that if they are standing right there?
Re: How To Report A Cheating Petrol Station? by GeeCee(m): 7:32pm On Aug 19, 2009
Even if d appropriate authority refusd 2 do anythin @ first, our constant complain wil one day force dem 2 do somethin.
Re: How To Report A Cheating Petrol Station? by kshow1(m): 9:36pm On Aug 19, 2009
Outstrip:

Why can't you pump it yourself. I mean will they stop you from doing that if they are standing right there?

we dont do the pump and go in and pay system here yet
Re: How To Report A Cheating Petrol Station? by C2H5OH(f): 9:41pm On Aug 19, 2009
kshow1:

we dont do the pump and go in and pay system here yet
LMAO grin
no mind am. she's confusing america with nigeria
Re: How To Report A Cheating Petrol Station? by Outstrip(f): 11:14pm On Aug 19, 2009
I am not confusing it at all. What I mean is you pay them and tell them you will prefer to pump. Will they say no because their fingers are more experienced or is there an unwritten rule that customers should not pump because they might "manhandle" the pump

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Become A Facilitator In The Oil Industry / Which Bank Gives Out Loan Without Collateral / 20 Reasons Why You Should Patronize Made In Nigeria Products

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.