Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,064 members, 7,828,768 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:51 PM

Reasons Why Your Parents Are Involved In Your Relationships - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Reasons Why Your Parents Are Involved In Your Relationships (514 Views)

How To Get Your Parents To Accept Your Relationship / 18 Things You Can Relate To If You Are Involved With MMM / When You Are Involved With An "Our" Wife/husband /gf/bf (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Reasons Why Your Parents Are Involved In Your Relationships by alexisgist(m): 9:03pm On May 14, 2016
This is all about marriage, I don't think it's proper to contend with our parents who seems to be always interested and
concerned about our marriage, though their views at times tend with your choice.
In this post I will be highlighting the reasons why parents are always interested in our union

They are concerned about our relationships because they love us, after the will of God is known your parents must be informed, if the person you want to marry is the will of God, your parents will have no other option than to give their blessings

Another reason for the parents interest in our union is because some of our parents are led by the spirit I.e the spirit of God do give them directions, do not boast of your spiritual life, especially when your parents are the devoted and a good believer because the same God who speaks to you speaks to them, some of our parents if not all were born again before you were born.
Even in the holy Bible before Rebecca the wife of Isaac agreed, the parents were aware and it was the will of God.

Their Interest is also triggered by the believe you not old Enough, no matter your age, you are still their child. Your parents will never believe you old even if you are over 40 years, they will still refer to you as my child. As I said earlier they don't believe you old enough that's why they are more interested in your marriage.

They are also interested because they want to protect you from falling into a wrong hand. As a lady, they want to prevent you from making the wrong choice of partner, for instance, a week ago a Man beat his wife to death, after the death of the wife, the sister said their parents warned her against marrying that man but she refused the advice, I’m quite sure if she listened to her parents, by now she should still be alive.
Your parents will try to protect you from witches and destiny destroyer as a man.

They are interested because they are avoiding the shame which will come after your mistakes,
If you took the wrong step in your relationship, people will mock and ask where they were when their child is taking the wrong path. This is very vital for the ladies, because a male child will settle and bring in his wife but if they eventually break up the lady is to vacate the house, but reverse is the case for you ladies, and when such happened, most time you return to your parents house.
That’s a reason why you ladies should be responsible, obedient and careful. Then you won’t bring shame to yourself and your parents.

They are interested because you are an ambassador of their investments in relation to education and upbringing.
Any reasonable individual will be interested in his investment the huge amount of money use to raise the child, the sleepless night, the pain and sacrifice are too much for one to keep mute, the parents who sponsored your education from pre nursery up to master degree or PhD, is it now that those parents are useless? The English you speak and the success you are who made it? Do not despise your parents cause you are their investment and you should be protected

It is part of their duty assigned to them by God, it’s a duty that must be discharged. Some parent insist on counselling their wards because many says “listen, our duty is to advice you and if we don’t do that, we are neglecting our duty. “they believed it’s their duty, that’s a reason they want to get involved

They want to get involved because of their knowledge about the culture, Town, and Family you getting into. The family you are about marrying maybe under a kind of curse or lineage failure so the parents will intervene to save you.
They are certain absurd culture which you know nothing about, the parents got involved in order to stop their children from getting involve.

Whatever level of our parents wants to involve in our relationship, it’s all because they are our parents. Not because they are an agent of the devil, Remember we came into this world through them, they can’t possibly hurt us, they just want the best for us. I’m appealing to you all to always make your parent advice count.
Thanks.

I will be proffering solutions on what to do if your spouse is rejected by your parents in my next post anticipate !!!!!!! Stay updated.
Re: Reasons Why Your Parents Are Involved In Your Relationships by obiorathesubtle: 9:06pm On May 14, 2016
grin I don't read anything longer than two paragraphs..I'm sorry

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Your Parents Are Involved In Your Relationships by Hundreddegrees(m): 9:09pm On May 14, 2016
obiorathesubtle:
grin I don't read anything longer than two paragraphs..I'm sorry

OP forgot We Africans don't like reading

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

When You Break Up With Your Boyfriend And He Takes Back Everything. / What Do You Call A Mother That Ignores Her Daughter For No Reason? / What Did Ayesha Curry Mean We Shldnt Dress Like Thots!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.