Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,444 members, 7,836,781 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:35 PM

Usain Bolt Runs 100m in 9.58s - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Usain Bolt Runs 100m in 9.58s (6062 Views)

Photos: Man Runs Mad, Goes Unclad After Winning N1m In Sportbet / Usain Bolt Beaten By Justin Gatlin In 100m Race In Rome / Awesome Bolt Runs 200m In Record 19.19 Seconds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Usain Bolt Runs 100m in 9.58s by informat09(m): 5:48pm On Aug 17, 2009
that bolt guy is awesome
Re: Usain Bolt Runs 100m in 9.58s by nich(m): 6:06pm On Aug 17, 2009
nna, somebody sometime in the future might end up completing the '100m dash' in 4seconds. undecided
Re: Usain Bolt Runs 100m in 9.58s by AndreUweh(m): 6:16pm On Aug 17, 2009
I thank God I watched the race last night. The guy is simply good. He is a special talent and may God bless the black world.
Re: Usain Bolt Runs 100m in 9.58s by mamagee6(f): 6:30pm On Aug 17, 2009
He is the fastest man on Earth.
Re: Usain Bolt Runs 100m in 9.58s by canuck(m): 7:12pm On Aug 17, 2009
Forget about drugs my people!

For a Jamaican to continue to dominate the US like this, they would have tested every type of fluid from his body (urine, saliva, sweat, even tears) for drugs.

He's not named BOLT for nothing.
Re: Usain Bolt Runs 100m in 9.58s by davidif: 7:14pm On Aug 17, 2009
The boy sef too much. I couldn't believe it 9.58 seconds shocked shocked shocked unbelievable. The best record since they invented electronic scoreboarding.
Re: Usain Bolt Runs 100m in 9.58s by Sagamite(m): 7:43pm On Aug 17, 2009
THE AMAKA:

guy look!

im just happy we even made it to the world championships in berlin.
that is a big thing for nigeria! one the first 100m race nigeria came in 3rd.
after that, i really dont know what happened. undecided
but anyway im just proud nigeria has made it as far as it did.
so stop barking!

It is good to see a young person based abroad so proud of Nigeria and looking for the positive of Nigeria despite the consistent negative media the West like to portray of anything African.

But young woman, if you were old enough to know how good we were in Athletics in the past, you will not be celebrating out performance now in any Athletics event.

Back in the day, it was a forgone conclusion that you will see at least one Nigerian in the final, most times (I emphasis MOST) it is even two in any of the sprint races.

Nigerians were setting Meet Records in 100m, 200m and 400m (Men, Women and even hurdles).

Now we have to celebrate if one Nigerian gets into the semi-final, when the likes of Fasuba should be at least competing for 4th place.
Re: Usain Bolt Runs 100m in 9.58s by Nobody: 7:50pm On Aug 17, 2009
cheesy Bolt baby,BOLT!!!!
/\
i
i
Speechless oops,but i can say d above
Re: Usain Bolt Runs 100m in 9.58s by eldee(m): 7:55pm On Aug 17, 2009
Sagamite:

It is good to see a young person based abroad so proud of Nigeria and looking for the positive of Nigeria despite the consistent negative media the West like to portray of anything African.

But young woman, if you were old enough to know how good we were in Athletics in the past, you will not be celebrating out performance now in any Athletics event.

Back in the day, it was a forgone conclusion that you will see at least one Nigerian in the final, most times (I emphasis MOST) it is even two in any of the sprint races.

Nigerians were setting Meet Records in 100m, 200m and 400m (Men, Women and even hurdles).

Now we have to celebrate if one Nigerian gets into the semi-final, when the likes of Fasuba should be at least competing for 4th place.

And let's not forget how many times we've lost podium places to drug cheats

It's obvious . . . it's Bolt's era now
All we need to do now is go back to the drawing board and push some talented 17 year olds . . .
Re: Usain Bolt Runs 100m in 9.58s by safariman(m): 8:07pm On Aug 17, 2009
@eldee
My Organization have been trying to promote Nigerian athletics for many years now. We believe part of the problem why Nigeria has not filled any world class athletes in a while was the cancellation of Interhouse sports. Also some our athletes are now claiming other country's nationality. We have recently able to convince some of these athletic to wear the Nigerian colors.

On the topic, when you train with the Jamicans, they think track and field is their birthright. A lot of them also migrate to the US to train and develop, but only to go back and represent their countries. I predict Bolt would break his own record, but I don't think there are any major championship around the corner with the competitive field and excellent track
Re: Usain Bolt Runs 100m in 9.58s by THEAMAKA(f): 10:53pm On Aug 17, 2009
you people dey complain too much! chai! shocked shocked shocked shocked
anyway, since its now a crime, i will no longer cheer.
everything must turn into a debate because i want to cheer for nigeria.
abi, this is ridiculous.

GO TYSON GAY!!!   tongue
Re: Usain Bolt Runs 100m in 9.58s by Redman44(m): 11:32pm On Aug 17, 2009
Usain Bolt's incredible victory should set the officials of the Athletics Federation of Nigeria [ AFN ] thinking. It is very painful that most of our Sports Administrators are not visionaries and deep thinkers. Sports Administration in Nigeria has been politicised. In Nigeria, we tend to apply politics to everything. That is why we are failing in almost all fronts. Our Basketball team was knocked out of the 2009 Afrobasket Championship in Libya by Cameroun. The loss of D'Tigers means that we will not be at the next Basketball World Cup to be hosted by Turkey. Angola has dominated Men's Basketball in Africa because the sport is enjoy serious funding and great facilities in the country. Angola is directing money made from Petroleum products into Basketball and other sports. This is the same Angola that has just emerged from a Civil War Cameroun was not a force to be reckoned with in African Basketball until recent times. Egypt has almost taken over from us in Table Tennis in Africa. In their bid to dethrone Nigeria, the Egyptian Government invested lots of money into purchasing Table Tennis boards and other equipment which were distributed in their thousands to various provinces in Egypt. Hundreds of coaches were brought in to train young Egyptians how to play the game. Today, they are ahead of us in the game.

Let me come back to Athletics. If care is not taken, Nigeria will be erased from the World Map of Athletics. I don't know what is wrong with our Sporting Associations. Those that run them are bereft of ideas and are charlatans angry I guess our athletics officials will be celebrating Usain Bolt's success now. Shameless people!!! We do not appreciate gifted administrators in Nigeria. I'm saying the bitter truth. That is why we have a solid coach like Samson Siasia tutoring the U-20 team while an average coach like Amodu Shuaibu is handling the Super Eagles. I remember my days in Secondary School in Nigeria. We had good athletes in the school who were all below 17 years old. I was not a good sportsman then but I had some classmates who were good in high jump, long jump, Javelin, Discus and the sprints. We had the invitatational relays in which different schools were invited to run on our tracks during our Inter-House Sports Day. All the other schools in Ogun State were doing the same thing in the 80's and 90's. Our secondary schools were bursting with young and talented sportsmen and women. It was not as if my school had much money then. The Games Master was just passionate about what he was doing. He was also teaching Physical Education in the school. He was very fit and was always dressed in a tracksuit with canvas shoes. While other students were participating in the morning assembly, the footballers and other athletes will be training on the school field. This exercise was carried out thrice weekly. It scarcely happens these days.

I can write a thesis on this topic but I've got other things to do. The Jamaicans are doing well because of the developmental schemes in their country. The Americans are really in for it. Jamaica has a history of having fit sportsmen and women. I can't forget the days of Marleyene Ottey and Juliet Cuthbert of Jamaica. Usain Bolt also attributed his fitness to the carribean diet and Jamaican food. The Jamaicans have researched deeply into their food and diet and they've come out with a winning formula. The same way the Chinese researched into their herbs and have become a force to be reckoned with in diving and gymnastics at the Olympics. What is Nigeria doing concerning research into local food, herbs and crops? Nigeria will suffer greater losses at the next Olympics if nothing is done about the state of our athletics programs. The National Sports Festival will not help matters. The Festival ends up bringing nearly expired athletes into the limelight. The AFN has to look for funds and make advances into our secondary schools and primary schools to identify and groom up talents. Politics has to be done away with when it comes to Sporting Matters in Nigeria. Our Sporting Associations also need to be accountable and should use funds given to them judiciously.  A word is enough for the wise.

And don't forget to vote for Pat Utomi in 2011. Change needs to come to Nigeria. Thanks.
Re: Usain Bolt Runs 100m in 9.58s by philip0906(m): 11:45pm On Aug 17, 2009
Please y'all should leave my baby, Amaka 4 me.she just dey talk her own mind and i don't understand y y'all attacking her.
@post
Usain Bolt is just 2 gud.
Re: Usain Bolt Runs 100m in 9.58s by mamagee6(f): 11:58pm On Aug 17, 2009
posakosa:

Are we certain that drugs are not involved.

If he was using Drugs it wouldn't be possible for him to take part in the Olympics since they are always examined before going for the Olympics.
Re: Usain Bolt Runs 100m in 9.58s by posakosa(m): 12:02am On Aug 18, 2009
,mama-gee:

If he was using Drugs it wouldn't be possible for him to take part in the Olympics since they are always examined before going for the Olympics.

It may still be possible.  Look at Mariann Jones,  she was caught after the fact. Then she had to return her medals I believe, Sometimes they catch whatever drugs in your body and other times they don't. It depends on luck and how much is in your body sha or what do you think ?

But then its obvious he'd been training aggressively. He an athlete and athletes don't give up.
Re: Usain Bolt Runs 100m in 9.58s by Cristalz(f): 12:12am On Aug 18, 2009
***posts deleted****

Thank y'all very much for the silly display put up so far.
Now kindly stay on point or shut it,k?
Re: Usain Bolt Runs 100m in 9.58s by mukina2: 12:13am On Aug 18, 2009
You beat me to it Crizzle wink
Re: Usain Bolt Runs 100m in 9.58s by Sagamite(m): 9:51am On Aug 18, 2009
There is no single Nigerian in the Men's 200m races.

Our Athletics is finished.  undecided
Re: Usain Bolt Runs 100m in 9.58s by THEAMAKA(f): 9:56am On Aug 18, 2009
they have been finished long ago. smiley
lol

but we can always hope for better things in the future.
Re: Usain Bolt Runs 100m in 9.58s by Nobody: 10:30am On Aug 18, 2009
Sagamite:

There is no single Nigerian in the Men's 200m races.

Our Athletics is finished. undecided

almost everything is finished in Nigeria, what is left?? God help us o
canuck:

Forget about drugs my people!

For a Jamaican to continue to dominate the US like this, they would have tested every type of fluid from his body (urine, saliva, sweat, even tears) for drugs.

He's not named BOLT for nothing.

Word,
Re: Usain Bolt Runs 100m in 9.58s by Sagamite(m): 10:59am On Aug 18, 2009
Only one Nigerian in the first round of the Men's 400m, and he did not even qualify to the next round.

This is a race we used to have 2 people in the finals back in the days, and used to be contenders for Silver and Bronze in the 4x400 relay.

This is not football, all these athletes should just abandon Nigeria and run for a country that will enable them fulfill their potential. Unlike, football, the laws can hardly stop them.
Re: Usain Bolt Runs 100m in 9.58s by cooljoe(m): 1:35pm On Aug 18, 2009
After his olympics victory, a friend of mine told me that if Gay had been fit, Bolt would have probably ran faster. In Berlin, Tyson Gay was fit and Usain Bolt did run faster. That guy is just too much.
Re: Usain Bolt Runs 100m in 9.58s by rockyfela(m): 1:38pm On Aug 18, 2009
this guy is a beast on wheels in the name of legs. Shit 9.58 seconds. breaking ur own world record yet again and the scary part is he had an accident this year and is not at his maximum potential. Jamaicans dem be jets.
Re: Usain Bolt Runs 100m in 9.58s by Nobody: 6:23pm On Aug 18, 2009
LOL at some posts.
Re: Usain Bolt Runs 100m in 9.58s by mamagee6(f): 6:43pm On Aug 18, 2009
posakosa:

It may still be possible.  Look at Mariann Jones,  she was caught after the fact. Then she had to return her medals I believe, Sometimes they catch whatever drugs in your body and other times they don't. It depends on luck and how much is in your body sha or what do you think ?

But then its obvious he'd been training aggressively. He an athlete and athletes don't give up.

She wasn't using drugs during the Olympics, it was after the Olympics and after being caught she was forced to return the gold medals, there's no way she would have used steroids/drugs before the Olympics without being caught, it's almost impossible because they do dozens of tests and screenings.
Re: Usain Bolt Runs 100m in 9.58s by posakosa(m): 8:28pm On Aug 18, 2009
why would any human being use drugs after the Olympics, lol.
Re: Usain Bolt Runs 100m in 9.58s by patorini(m): 1:01am On Aug 19, 2009
The guy is goo
Re: Usain Bolt Runs 100m in 9.58s by patorini(m): 1:03am On Aug 19, 2009
The guy is good!
Re: Usain Bolt Runs 100m in 9.58s by waterworks(f): 1:12pm On Aug 19, 2009
chaii naija see wour mates oh

all the nigerians are just comin last or 3rd to it so funny!!
Re: Usain Bolt Runs 100m in 9.58s by econsult(m): 2:22pm On Aug 19, 2009
Bolt has made the impossible possible.I believe now that Tyson Gay will really be ashamed after boasting that he will disgrace Bolt.This was what was unthought of 50 yrs ago but now theres nothing impossible.I think we should expect more From Bolt.
Re: Usain Bolt Runs 100m in 9.58s by chisommy: 4:10pm On Aug 19, 2009
he was born to do it.

he was born JUST to win set this record cos no other is going to break it for the next 1000 years!
Re: Usain Bolt Runs 100m in 9.58s by tj72118: 3:50am On Aug 20, 2009
She wasn't using drugs during the Olympics, it was after the Olympics and after being caught she was forced to return the gold medals, there's no way she would have used steroids/drugs before the Olympics without being caught, it's almost impossible because they do dozens of tests and screenings.

Marion Jones was part of the Balco Scandal, Her former Coach (Trevor Graham) sent in the drugs because the Clear and Cream were not detectable at the time with the testing that was in place. Also something else to think about. Usain Bolt was running 10.01 100m in 2007. He was not even a 100m sprinter until 2007, before that his main focus was the 200. Now anytime a sprinter takes off that much time from a personal best you have to question it, in this day and age. I am not saying he is on the juice but because of what he is,(WR Track Sprinter) you cannot put it past him. I hope he is not but you never know.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Betting Tips For Business Men And Not For Gamblers. / Daily Sure 1.60 for Free. Enter And Enjoy! / Nominate Fifa's World Player Of The Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.