Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,959 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

Usain Bolt Runs 100m in 9.58s - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Usain Bolt Runs 100m in 9.58s (6050 Views)

Photos: Man Runs Mad, Goes Unclad After Winning N1m In Sportbet / Usain Bolt Beaten By Justin Gatlin In 100m Race In Rome / Awesome Bolt Runs 200m In Record 19.19 Seconds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Usain Bolt Runs 100m in 9.58s by Sagamite(m): 8:59pm On Aug 16, 2009
javaprince: Usain Bolt Fastest Man On Earth - 9.58
Usain Bolt just broke his own world record to become once again the fastest man on earth. Came first in the 100m, ahead Tyson Gay(9.71) and Asafa Powell(9.84).

Fiyin007: Hussein Bolt Breaks World Record
Hussein Bolt has done it again in Munich. He has just set a new 100m world record at 9.58 sec. Absolutely Fantastic.!!!

kanayo74: 9.58 (only Usain Bolt)
as his name goes usain bolt has bolted away with the world record agan.he made my day by doing it again. Up usain bolt my lost cousin

Lamgbasa: Is Usain Bolt Human?
Jamaica's Usain Bolt smashed the 100 metres world record on his way to claiming the world title in Berlin.

Bolt, 22, raced to victory in 9.58 seconds. American Tyson Gay, the 2007 world champion, clocked 9.71 to take silver and Jamaican Asafa Powell

claimed the bronze.

This guy is definately off the hinges!!

kvolander: Usain Boltz Clinches Another 100m World Record.
16 August 2009 - Berlin, Germany – With a performance that defies imagination, Usain Bolt set a new 100m World record of 9.58 on the second evening of the 12th IAAF World Championships in Athletics at the Olympic Stadium in Berlin.

The 22-year-old Jamaican knocked a mind-numbing 0.11 second from the 9.69 record he set at the Olympic Games in Beijing exactly one year ago today.

Defending champion Tyson Gay of the USA was second in 9.71, a new national record, and Asafa Powell, the former World record holder was third, in 9.84.

This guy na winch o
That guy is sick!!!
Re: Usain Bolt Runs 100m in 9.58s by posakosa(m): 9:36am On Aug 17, 2009
Are we certain that drugs are not involved.
Re: Usain Bolt Runs 100m in 9.58s by ernal(m): 9:53am On Aug 17, 2009
he is definitely fast, Boltman
Re: Usain Bolt Runs 100m in 9.58s by feasy1(m): 9:56am On Aug 17, 2009
It was obvious when the guy broke the former record to finish at 9.69sec in beijing that he could get a faster result as he relaxed before crossing the line. The semi final race, he just raced to qualify and that was evident. I believe Bolt will still beat the 9.58sec soon. If this guy isnt on drug, trust me we'll see a 9.4xsec record soon
Re: Usain Bolt Runs 100m in 9.58s by mayrho(m): 9:58am On Aug 17, 2009
if he is on drugs be sure the hand of the LAW would have caught up with him. He is simply good
Re: Usain Bolt Runs 100m in 9.58s by tboy1(m): 10:12am On Aug 17, 2009
Only person close to beating him now is tyson gay, and the only way gay can do that is with an early lead.
Hopefully when gay shakes of his injury completely we'll see what he can do.

Congrats to Usain Bolts cool
Re: Usain Bolt Runs 100m in 9.58s by richjohn1(m): 10:30am On Aug 17, 2009
please every take note THIS GUY IS ON DRUGS tongue
Re: Usain Bolt Runs 100m in 9.58s by Nobody: 10:40am On Aug 17, 2009
i think this guy is on some non-banned non tested unconfirmed drugs

this speed is not real
Re: Usain Bolt Runs 100m in 9.58s by THEAMAKA(f): 11:00am On Aug 17, 2009
this is hilarious!!
and then tyson gay (USA) came in 2nd
then that one jamaican guy with the last name powell cam in 3rd.

and it was yesterday that i was watching the race and Nigeria came in 2nd to last, again.
even in the olympics Nigeria was bad!!
in the women's race today i think it was the 100m, Nigeria came in 3rd to last or 6th place.
na wa ooo!!
but at least we made it this far to berlin!!
i told my sister man one day usain bolt is going to lose a race, so he better quit being so cocky! lol
man and when he loses that race, its going to be to NIGERIA! and then we're going to get famous and throw usain bolt off his thrown. hehehehe!!
i wish!
but maybe one day. . .

and i remember there was a nigerian female track team, what are they famous for again? i think a group of 4 ladies?
Re: Usain Bolt Runs 100m in 9.58s by Nobody: 11:31am On Aug 17, 2009
rich_john:

please every take note THIS GUY IS ON DRUGS tongue

Here is something for you to chew on. IF YOU, RICH_JOHN, use all the Drugs and Steroids in the world, you still won't clock under 15 seconds for the 100m race.
Why not leave it to the authorities to determine if he's using enhancements.
You have to be good to do what he does. Tyson Gay on drugs can't beat that record.

Usain Bolt is the perfect 100m athlete. You know why, he has the perfect HEIGHT. His Centre of gravity coupled with his muscles makes him the perfect sprinter.
Rather than complain, the world should start looking for 6footers to start running 100m if they want to see Bolt dethroned. The days of stout men running 100m are over.

1 Like

Re: Usain Bolt Runs 100m in 9.58s by russellino: 11:41am On Aug 17, 2009
The guy is either on some new very powerful drugs or is a cyborg. no other explanation abeg. The guy scares me like ben johnson did.
Re: Usain Bolt Runs 100m in 9.58s by femiify(m): 11:56am On Aug 17, 2009
Why does this negative and loser Nigerian mentality all over this news, why cant we just say the guy has trained hard, has a very good trainer or team of trainers, and he himself is an excellent sportsman.
Why are you all saynig he maybe on drugs or he is on drugs, just because we dont have this type of athlete in Nigeria or Africa as a whole because of corruption, bribery and mismanagement.
If we have a good government in plae and pluck our athletes from YOUNG, then gradually build them up like other countries do, am sure we will be wining medals in all these tournaments and not being cynical.
Re: Usain Bolt Runs 100m in 9.58s by THEAMAKA(f): 12:00pm On Aug 17, 2009
nigeria has some pretty good athletes but NOT great.

i mean they made it to the world championship in berlin.

thats BIG! at least its something for nigerians to praise about instead of talking rubbish lol.
THE AMAKA:

this is hilarious!!
and then tyson gay (USA) came in 2nd
then that one jamaican guy with the last name powell cam in 3rd.

and it was yesterday that i was watching the race and Nigeria came in 2nd to last, again.
even in the olympics Nigeria was bad!!
in the women's race today i think it was the 100m, Nigeria came in 3rd to last or 6th place.
na wa ooo!!
but at least we made it this far to berlin!!
i told my sister man one day usain bolt is going to lose a race, so he better quit being so cocky! lol
man and when he loses that race, its going to be to NIGERIA! and then we're going to get famous and throw usain bolt off his thrown. hehehehe!!
i wish!
but maybe one day. . .

and i remember there was a nigerian female track team, what are they famous for again? i think a group of 4 ladies?
Re: Usain Bolt Runs 100m in 9.58s by edoyad(m): 12:22pm On Aug 17, 2009
@amaka, you must be smoking cheap Aba weed if you think Nigeria can reach where Jamaica is with our current style of doing things grin
Do you think the IAAF meets are barkin sale parties where any one and every one can just waltz in and shine ?
This guys go through a very tough selection process devoid of corruption. Them they trained for almost a half decade before you start seeing them on TV
Re: Usain Bolt Runs 100m in 9.58s by THEAMAKA(f): 12:31pm On Aug 17, 2009
guy look!

im just happy we even made it to the world championships in berlin.
that is a big thing for nigeria! one the first 100m race nigeria came in 3rd.
after that, i really dont know what happened. undecided
but anyway im just proud nigeria has made it as far as it did.
so stop barking!
Re: Usain Bolt Runs 100m in 9.58s by oshkosh(m): 12:58pm On Aug 17, 2009
He is simply the perfect athlete. Like someone pointed out earlier, I was paying attention to him at the starting block, and looking at him physically, you understand why he's a bolt.

Oat almost 6 feet 5 inches, he's head and shoulders above every other athlete.
His muscles are so well developed it puts even Ben Johnson to shame.
His sprint technique is near perfect. He deploys those long legs to excellent effect.
He's constantly improving his starting form, now getting the timing almost to perfection.
He's got the right attitude. A winners mentality.

It'll take a lot, or through injury, for this man to be beaten anytime soon.
Re: Usain Bolt Runs 100m in 9.58s by Nezan(m): 1:27pm On Aug 17, 2009
THE AMAKA:

guy look!

im just happy we even made it to the world championships in berlin.
[size=18pt]that is a big thing for nigeria! one the first 100m race nigeria came in 3rd.[/size]after that, i really dont know what happened. undecided
but anyway im just proud nigeria has made it as far as it did.
so stop barking!
thumbs up!!
Re: Usain Bolt Runs 100m in 9.58s by THEAMAKA(f): 1:29pm On Aug 17, 2009
Nezan:

thumbs up!!

hehehe! i feel it!
Re: Usain Bolt Runs 100m in 9.58s by Nobody: 1:32pm On Aug 17, 2009
Bolt is the bomb!!
Hope he's not on drugs sha?
Re: Usain Bolt Runs 100m in 9.58s by THEAMAKA(f): 1:34pm On Aug 17, 2009
what is all this talk and wahala about drugs? shocked shocked
cant the guy just be good again?
couldnt he have just trained really hard?
and he is 6 foot 5 so that REALLY does help to his advantage.
Re: Usain Bolt Runs 100m in 9.58s by vikiviko(m): 1:52pm On Aug 17, 2009
Fantastic Bolt, this record will stay for another long time except shattered by Bolt himself.
Re: Usain Bolt Runs 100m in 9.58s by naso2(m): 1:54pm On Aug 17, 2009
THE AMAKA:

what is all this talk and wahala about drugs? shocked shocked
cant the guy just be good again?
couldnt he have just trained really hard?
and he is 6 foot 5 so that REALLY does help to his advantage.

people seem to forget the height advantage which gives him longer strides. We hardly have people that tall doing the dash.

I am almost certain that he is not on drugs.
Re: Usain Bolt Runs 100m in 9.58s by galatico(m): 2:01pm On Aug 17, 2009
That guy called Usain Bolt is a SUPERHUMAN!!!
Re: Usain Bolt Runs 100m in 9.58s by Horus(m): 2:34pm On Aug 17, 2009
Re: Usain Bolt Runs 100m in 9.58s by Morizo(m): 3:40pm On Aug 17, 2009
@ The Amaka
I like your loyalty and Patriotism to your fatherland.
Its easier to be that 'prou' from the United States.
I assure you that your faith would dampen if you were to reside here.
Favouritism and nepotism is the other of the day, not merit.
They say we would get it right one day, hope so sha.
Kudos to Usain Bolt
Re: Usain Bolt Runs 100m in 9.58s by THEAMAKA(f): 3:51pm On Aug 17, 2009
Morizo:

@ The Amaka
I like your loyalty and Patriotism to your fatherland.
Its easier to be that 'prou' from the United States.
I assure you that your faith would dampen if you were to reside here.
Favouritism and nepotism is the other of the day, not merit.
They say we would get it right one day, hope so sha.
Kudos to Usain Bolt
what the hell? im tired of explaining myself and im tired of foolish NLers trying to tell me what i am or what im not.
you dont know me.
get over yourself.
this is just track and field and im cheering for my country.
whats the crime in that?
pshhh!!!!
Re: Usain Bolt Runs 100m in 9.58s by tboy1(m): 3:54pm On Aug 17, 2009
THE AMAKA:

what the hell? im tired of explaining myself and im tired of foolish NLers trying to tell me what i am or what im not.
you dont know me.
get over yourself.
this is just track and field and im cheering for my country.
whats the crime in that?
pshhh!!!!

Did u understand his post?
Re: Usain Bolt Runs 100m in 9.58s by THEAMAKA(f): 4:02pm On Aug 17, 2009
yes
and i was saying "what is the crime in rooting and cheering for nigeria to win in TRACK AND FIELD"
its just track! OMG.
must everything turn into politics?

im just rooting for my team, sheesh!

fine, GO TYSON GAY!! tongue
is that what you wanted to hear, abi?
Re: Usain Bolt Runs 100m in 9.58s by safariman(m): 4:11pm On Aug 17, 2009
Congrats to Bolt. Caribbean countries especially Jamaica have always been good at sprints.
I do hope he is not using any performance enhancing drug. Usually, these athletes are way ahead of drug testing. Currently, I don't think there is anyway to test for HGH.
Bolt is built perfectly with God given talent and I am sure he trains very hard
Re: Usain Bolt Runs 100m in 9.58s by posakosa(m): 4:11pm On Aug 17, 2009
tboy1:

Did u understand his post?

LOL.
Re: Usain Bolt Runs 100m in 9.58s by Witi(m): 4:55pm On Aug 17, 2009
This guy will push his fellow athletes to drug he is just too good.
Re: Usain Bolt Runs 100m in 9.58s by MUZBO(m): 5:44pm On Aug 17, 2009
A-town:

Here is something for you to chew on. IF YOU, RICH_JOHN,  use all the Drugs and Steroids in the world, you still won't clock under 15 seconds for the 100m race.
Why not leave it to the authorities to determine if he's using enhancements.
You have to be good to do what he does. Tyson Gay on drugs can't beat that record.

Usain Bolt is the perfect 100m athlete. You know why, he has the perfect HEIGHT. His Centre of gravity coupled with his muscles makes him the perfect sprinter.
Rather than complain, the world should start looking for 6footers to start running 100m if they want to see Bolt dethroned. The days of stout men running 100m are over.
You beat me to it. I wonder why people didn't notice that Bolt's height and thus longer legs are factors to his incredible speed. Drugs ko jazz ni! If he uses drugs he'll clock 8 seconds. Whats more if he is on enhancers then it means that new rules have to be made to clamp against their use because I believe they'd be new drugs/substances.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

At Last !!! Swimming Pool Opens In Onike, Yaba / Check Out The Top 10 Ugliest Footballers In The World; Number 1 Will Shock You / Taiye Taiwo Set To Join QPR On Loan From AC Milan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.