Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,319 members, 7,815,612 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:16 PM

Why FG Must Sit Down With Niger Delta Avengers - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why FG Must Sit Down With Niger Delta Avengers (2355 Views)

FG Must Produce Nnamdi Kanu – Ohanaeze Ndigbo Declares / Rivers Rerun: Ikwerre Women Sit Down In Front Of INEC Collation Center. PICS / Saraki’s Supporter Orders Rotimi Jacobs To ‘Sit Down’ During Proceedings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why FG Must Sit Down With Niger Delta Avengers by ybalogs(m): 7:29am On May 15, 2016
scribble:

Stop trolling my friend

Have you no sense?

If you have nothing to contribute, go and make love to a transformer. I guarantee you, you will survive the ordeal as far as the nation remains in darkness

On a serious note on the lightbulb in your brain

Op is very right. I am a Yoruba man but I so support this agitation

Buhari should swallow his pride and negotiate or this change agenda is no issue
Are you so uncivilized that you can't pass your info without abusing? Must you always look for ways to make people feel bad by your posts? Bro,you've got to to change. It's really good for your peace of mind.
I never said he's got no point, in fact I know he's very right but still, the hatred is all over the write-up. I'm sure you know once your mind is made up on something, it's always hard to change and that's the reason for my submission and I'm sure the op understand. Peace
Re: Why FG Must Sit Down With Niger Delta Avengers by BeardedMeat(m): 7:31am On May 15, 2016
AntiWailer:
ND Avengers would be completely flushed out soon.

They will be sold out.

The strength of militancy back in the days was their unity.

The warlords have tasted peace and affluence for 3years plus Creek life where they fear for that life won't be an option.
You wish cheesy
Re: Why FG Must Sit Down With Niger Delta Avengers by omonnakoda: 7:35am On May 15, 2016
ZUBY77:
Let us be realistic here.
Being realistic in this context means considering our options as a nation before embarking on killing spree that will never solve anything permanently.

Every given problem has a solution, you can only remain in the problem if you think things must happen your own way.
My write up is about the Niger Delta and what's currently going on there. Nigeria has pipelines all over south south and South East.
A bomb goes off on a pipeline in Bayelsa State, what does Buhari do? He sends Soldiers to catch those who did it, screaming "I am an old soldier, I will crush them."

Then then another bomb goes off in Warri. What next? Like a Zombie, he zooms off to Warri with more soldiers.
Wow, in 21st century?

Niger Delta covers approximately 90,000 square Kilometers. How do you cover all those places with soldiers? I have not added South East, which I understand, are not very romantic with Buhari.

We can all agree that sending Soldiers with AK-47s to Niger Delta wont bring a lasting solution to the problem unless he plans to plant the soldiers at every 50 meter along the pipelines.
Yar'adua was a prudent man, he had good advisers. Knowing that the nation depends on Niger Delta for its major revenue source, he called them to the table. He knew that Nigeria raped the area for years, killing their activists like Saro Wiwa and more during the evil regime of gun wielding Fulani Mafia.(You can see these agitation did not start today, and that killing them never stopped them).
He gave them a way out and what happened, they accepted and effectively started to protect the pipelines themselves.
Do you know why it worked? It was because they protected the pipelines from themselves. You don't destroy what you are contracted to protect. Do you?

Buhari climbed to the throne and one of his first statements to the world was that he wasn't going to give much to the infamous 5%. Who says something like that?
Who are the 5%? The same Niger Delta and South East; the same area where the pipelines are buried, the same area where Chevron, Agip, Shell etc operates everyday.
What exactly do we think it takes to start destroying FG interest in those area? Just a meeting; Yes a meeting of young educated people who will in turn convince the uneducated about how their area is being desecrated without anything in return. and boom, an oil facility goes off in flames the next day.
While I blame the Niger Delta Avengers and other agitating entities, I also blame the Federal Government. I blame the agitators because they should ask their governors how they use the 13% derivation they receive from FG.
The federal government also needs to educate this people on how much their various states receive everyday as a result of producing oil. If the governors are not effectively using the 13% derivation well, it's the duty of the Federal Government to find a different way to make sure the money gets to the people of Niger Delta. If the Constitution has to be amended to this effect, very Fine, as long as the money gets to the communities that produce oil. Not every community in Niger Delta knows what oil is in the first place. You cannot receive 13% oil derivation from the Federal Government and use it to develop Asaba which has no oil, while Gbaramatu Kingdom with desecrated lands remain poor.

Back to the the massive area called Niger Delta, have we asked ourselves how many soldiers it will take to cover this area effectively? I am still talking about the lands, if you add the water, the area shots up to 180000 square km covering the Atlantic offshore and the Calabar-Cameroun Sea down to Equatorial Guinea.

Here is my advice, Buhari must call this people to the table, that's whether the people of South West agree or not, because the way I see it, they are the ones sitting behind keyboards, shouting 'kill them' from the comfort of their homes.
I haven't heard much from the northern youths. Who will blame them?

Buhari must educate them about how much their governors receive each month. He must show them love, if not for anything, for the fact that what he needs is from their land. I cannot come to Ibadan and take Cocoa by force while shooting the people whose lands produce the same Cocoa because they asked for something tangible in return.

If he continues to send soldiers there without talking to them, oil facilities are going to continue going up in flames, and no matter the number of people he kills there, the people are never, I repeat, they are never going to end their agitation because you killed some of them. If for anything, more agitation will come up.

After killing Saro Wiwa and 9 others, did the agitation end?
We all saw what happened after Odi massacre. Did the agitation end then? No. Rather it escalated until Yaradua quenched them with wisdom.

At the end, the only people who can effectively protect Niger Delta are the indegines of Niger Delta. No amount of hired Soldiers from the United States were able to protect Baghdad alone. The bombing of that city stopped when the security was transferred back to the Iraqi citizens. No one knows your back yard more than you do and the unfortunate reality is that those soldiers being sent to Niger Delta to fight the Avengers are fighting people who were born there.
It's only a matter of time before OPC start bombing pipelines too and then Ipob etc joins. Let's see how even the entire Chinese soldiers can stop them
Why did Jonathan not sit down with them? Even if he sits down with them there is one important thing you have missed and at the same time alluded to.You said the entire Chinese soldiers cannot stop them. Fine!,so even if Buhari cannot stop them we have learnt one thing.Any determined group of people inside Nigerians can blow up pipelines just like the so called Avengers.They do not even have to be from that area or have any claim to oil ownership. They could be Fulani herdsmen.They could be University cultists.They could be oppositions politicians ,they could be IPOB, Niger Delta revengers,Niger Delta Gunners,Niger Delta Shooters,Niger Delta Ashawos or even groups whose pregnancy is still inchoate.How do you suggest Buhari deals with these groups as they emerge.
My Suggestion is Nigeria should prepare to do without oil as they did during the Biafra war Nigeria should sell 20 barrels or whatever amount they can sell and focus on other things to divesify the economy. They should nots it down with terrorists. Oil is 15 % of economy but 85% of government spending.Government should redress that imbalance and the citizens curb their appetite for imported stuff and we will be fine .It will be painful to start with but more than 90% of African countries have no oil.So let us adjust. One thing I know for sure if we feel pain it woud be worse in the Delta because if we are not selling oil they stop getting the 13% percent derivation.

In all honesty I do not think Nigerian can give much more than 13% derivation and survive so if this is a backdoor way of asking for the breakup of the country again that will have its pains and gains.But if they are not seeking breakup.Then really they need to look at what their governors do with the derivation money. It is alright talking theory but at some point we must come to the bottomline. Which is is this a secession bid.? and if so what will it cost us all? Not theory talk but in reality

1 Like

Re: Why FG Must Sit Down With Niger Delta Avengers by BeardedMeat(m): 7:37am On May 15, 2016
drtwist:
Oga Zubby, giving them the contract to protect this Facilities is not all, what about youth employment, allocation of oil wells, and even location of strategic project that will impact positively in the people's life.
And Amaechi had the guts to cancel the Maritime University in Ijawland! Does this not show you that the buhari led government thinks through the buttholes.
Re: Why FG Must Sit Down With Niger Delta Avengers by BeardedMeat(m): 7:51am On May 15, 2016
ba7man:
Very soon, every violent group will know that to get the Govt to invite them for a "sit-down" to review their demands, all they have to do is bomb!, bomb!!, bomb!!!

Very daft idea,

kill them in large numbers so that the next set will think hard before blowing up the country to get Govt attention.
Frustration has set in. Did Odi massacre help? No. Did it escalate agitation? Yes.
Re: Why FG Must Sit Down With Niger Delta Avengers by ba7man(m): 7:57am On May 15, 2016
BeardedMeat:
Frustration has set in. Did Odi massacre help? No. Did it escalate agitation? Yes.
Ehn, part2 is about to start naa.

Dashing them money didn't work, violence should be applied then..... simple.
Re: Why FG Must Sit Down With Niger Delta Avengers by focus7: 7:58am On May 15, 2016
Buhari will not be cowed by some few disgruntled criminals from the SS. Some elements has told us that Buhari is not God, yes we agreed but NDA are not spirits as well, IPOB and MASSOB can team up with them, Buhari will crush them all.

1 Like

Re: Why FG Must Sit Down With Niger Delta Avengers by omonnakoda: 7:58am On May 15, 2016
BeardedMeat:
You are correct frustration has set it and you seem to be enjoying it. Killing people is not fun.There is no easy solution ,senseless massacres won't help but sitting down with this group won't either.It is not easy,I agree
Re: Why FG Must Sit Down With Niger Delta Avengers by medpren: 8:00am On May 15, 2016
You guys should calm down! There is a new sherrifat in town!
Re: Why FG Must Sit Down With Niger Delta Avengers by BeardedMeat(m): 8:00am On May 15, 2016
possibilita:
U are right,soldiers really can't match NDA,the only force trained for such are the NAVY but they are ill equiped,NDA bomb and retreat into the swampy forest tactic has always made 9ja soldiers weary,Buhari should think twice before it gets out of control

And as for those saying Buhari should also do same for Boko haram pls how many death has been recorded since NDA bombing started?

What is Boko haram even fighting for?

You have to differenciate the goats from sheeps coz boko haram doesn't fight for anything right and those goats deserve to be used for pepper soup,as for d sheeps gather and re-educate them wisely before they become goats.
Oga this your goat and sheep theory ehn? You can't ever compare apples to oranges. Boko haram is just an establishment to chase jonathan out of aso rock, but it boomeranged on the faces of their supporters.
Re: Why FG Must Sit Down With Niger Delta Avengers by Nobody: 8:06am On May 15, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
oga drones aint marine and are efficient. And. Two please what has asari,tom ateke and tompolo done with the amnesty money..what benefits have they given to the struggle?

Lol i guess drones are cheap? Because you would need a lot of them. Detonate one on an oil platform, and you would only ne helping the militants
Re: Why FG Must Sit Down With Niger Delta Avengers by ZUBY77(m): 8:06am On May 15, 2016
focus7:
Buhari will not be cowed by some few disgruntled criminals from the SS. Some elements has told us that Buhari is not God, yes we agreed but NDA are not spirits as well, IPOB and MASSOB can team up with them, Buhari will crush them all.

You have become Buhari’s spokesman to tell us he will not be cowed.
You forgot the reality is that each time a pipeline is blown up, you have no light. Buhari has light whenever he wanted. So this is majorly about you.
You may be enjoying the drama from faraway but one way or the other, the development of Nigeria depends majorly on oil, which comes from the zone in question here.
But I guess frustration, anger and demented mindset has made some of you to look to heaven instead of discussing how to solve your problems.

1 Like

Re: Why FG Must Sit Down With Niger Delta Avengers by BeardedMeat(m): 8:11am On May 15, 2016
ba7man:

You are just clever by half for insinuating that the NDA is looking for money. Its a power tussle between them and buhari who had acted very arrogantly uncouth in the very recent time. Its buharis grandstanding that has brought us here. Have you also noticed that in the last week, both buhary and the army leadership have soft-pedalled in their choice of words. When El rufari attempted to make political capital of an unfounded rumuor about Jonathan been the founder of the Avengers on tweeter, he promptly deleted the post when he saw the reactions of his followers on tweeter! So much unlike him you would say.

But the damage has been done already, it will take time for buhari to undo his uncouthness.
Re: Why FG Must Sit Down With Niger Delta Avengers by omonnakoda: 8:12am On May 15, 2016
BeardedMeat:
Oga this your goat and sheep theory ehn? You can't ever compare apples to oranges. Boko haram is just an establishment to chase jonathan out of aso rock, but it boomeranged on the faces of their supporters.
Boko Haram was there before Jonathan.There is no need to tell lies just to win an argument. Boko Harram grew for many reasons ,not least Jonathan's inexperience and misinterpretation of the problem as one directed at him.Failure to get advice from experienced people like Obasanjo and surrounding himself with people that continued to feed him that line. Also when Gaddafi fell they got a lot of weapons and the emergence of groups like ISIS provided opportunity to grow their capabilities.Jonathan was indeed clueless about what was going on and also clueless in getting external support.Was it the North that made America refuse to sell him weapons? There are many who see this as a partisan issue ,a binary issue or even a game.Many who believe that what happened in the North East cannot come to the south and continue to talk as if it is a football match.They better wake up and understand what really is going on.They should learn from African history and understand what Western motives are. I believe Nigeria may still breakup but those who believe that what will follow will be better are very deluded especially if it happens by violence. The oil ( there are 35 years left in the ground by the way) will all be spent on weapons and by then many who are making noise now will be old or dead.

1 Like

Re: Why FG Must Sit Down With Niger Delta Avengers by Nobody: 8:12am On May 15, 2016
ba7man:

What will be the aftermath of mass killing of niger deltans? Peace or chaos? Be honest
Re: Why FG Must Sit Down With Niger Delta Avengers by BeardedMeat(m): 8:19am On May 15, 2016
omonnakoda:
You are correct frustration has set it and you seem to be enjoying it. Killing people is not fun.There is no easy solution ,senseless massacres won't help but sitting down with this group won't either.It is not easy,I agree
...I seem to be enjoying it? Can I be honest with you and I want you to quote me anywhere anyday, yes I am enjoying it! They should go ahead and make this country ungovernable for buahry!!! Do you sow beans and expect to reap cassava? After making the country very very ungovernable for him, then they should go ahead and form a parallel government.
Re: Why FG Must Sit Down With Niger Delta Avengers by omonnakoda: 8:22am On May 15, 2016
BeardedMeat:
...I seem to be enjoying it? Can I be honest with you and I want you to quote me anywhere anyday, yes I am enjoying it! They should go ahead and make this country ungovernable for buahry!!! Do you sow beans and expect to reap cassava? After making the country very very ungovernable for him, then they should go ahead and form a parallel government.
The truth is Jonathan failed.As the Commander in Chief he had the power but was incompetent.That is the reality
Re: Why FG Must Sit Down With Niger Delta Avengers by BeardedMeat(m): 8:24am On May 15, 2016
omonnakoda:
Boko Haram was there before Jonathan.There is no need to tell lies just to win an argument. Boko Harram grew for many reasons ,not least Jonathan's inexperience and misinterpretation of the problem as one directed at him.Failure to get advice from experienced people like Obasanjo and surrounding himself with people that continued to feed him that line. Also when Gaddafi fell they got a lot of weapons and the emergence of groups like ISIS provided opportunity to grow their capabilities.Jonathan was indeed clueless about what was going on and also clueless in getting external support.Was it the North that made America refuse to sell him weapons? There are many who see this as a partisan issue ,a binary issue or even a game.Many who believe that what happened in the North East cannot come to the south and continue to talk as if it is a football match.They better wake up and understand what really is going on.They should learn from African history and understand what Western motives are. I believe Nigeria may still breakup but those who believe that what will follow will be better are very deluded especially if it happens by violence. The oil ( there are 35 years left in the ground by the way) will all be spent on weapons and by then many who are making noise now will be old or dead.
A very meaningless and archaic tirade you have post there bro. What is the way forward?
Re: Why FG Must Sit Down With Niger Delta Avengers by BeardedMeat(m): 8:32am On May 15, 2016
omonnakoda:
The truth is Jonathan failed.As the Commander in Chief he had the power but was incompetent.That is the reality
And now buhary has come to take incompetency to new level. That is the reality.
Re: Why FG Must Sit Down With Niger Delta Avengers by omonnakoda: 8:36am On May 15, 2016
BeardedMeat:
And now buhary has come to take incompetency to new level. That is the reality.
I am not a Buhari Loyalist.I do not see the world in binaries. I am not one of those who will champion his cause. In all honesty you are empty and have nothing to offer and are just typing rubbish to draw out this meaningless thread. I did not realize that when I started responding to you now I know you are just a mindless anarchist with nihilistic delusions
Re: Why FG Must Sit Down With Niger Delta Avengers by omonnakoda: 8:47am On May 15, 2016
dicefrost:

My brother abeg calm down. I have lived in the niger delta all my life, though i don't support the bombings, but i have to tell you, no amount of force will solve this problem. The agitation is in the heart of every niger deltan. The more brutal the government becomes, the more irritated the people will be. The amnesty deal wasn't backed up with social economic policies to favour the region, if not this agitation will not exist today. I have a former classmate from sec sch, an ex millitant who is a beneficiary of the amnesty program. He nearly went mad when buhari made that '5 percent' statement. His words were ' make e come take d oil make we c'. The north that contributes the least to this country has so many policies favouring them. Why not the niger delta that feeds the country? Force and military might will not work in niger delta at all. If you like deploy US marines, these agitators are mad men.
What exactly is Niger Delta? There are many places ,many nationalities and many groups.So do not talk as if everyone else is ignorant.The entire Delta are not militant .That is not true. Let us look at when GEJ was in power.He was very biassed to the Ijaw and Bayelsa. Did he clean up Ogoniland? Tell us the names of the Ogoni Ministers or other prominent Ogonis in his Government?. OK Urhobo Minister? Itsekiri Minister? What about the Efiks and so on. Now again the Ijaws are disgruntled but there are many others who can blow up pipelines.Fulani herdsmen can blow up pipelines,Igbos can and so can virtually every Nigeian group whether or not they come from the Delta. The pipelines are all over the country.Even those in Ijaw land cannot be secured by the military and the indigenes cannot secure them from non indigenes let us not kid ourselves.So to say government must give in to any pipeline bomber is absurd.
If the activity cannot be curbed then government should accept it stop production in spots in cannot secure and move on.There are spots that government is able to secure for now and if everything shuts down fine again we move on.The country will carry on. At any rate there are 36 years of oil left in the ground so even without crisis one day oil will finish and that day is not so far away
Re: Why FG Must Sit Down With Niger Delta Avengers by BeardedMeat(m): 8:59am On May 15, 2016
omonnakoda:
I am not a Buhari Loyalist.I do not see the world in binaries. I am not one of those who will champion his cause. In all honesty you are empty and have nothing to offer and are just typing rubbish to draw out this meaningless thread. I did not realize that when I started responding to you now I know you are just a mindless anarchist with nihilistic delusions
O stfu! Don't come here to decieve anybody! You are a blOody hypocrite! Nihilistic delusions you say? And coming from a zombie whose moniker tranlates that "Igbos are not good"! I was very very saddened when you of all zombies quoted me, the e-slap I gave you was just to reset your brain! Zombie!!
Re: Why FG Must Sit Down With Niger Delta Avengers by Abagworo(m): 9:08am On May 15, 2016
The Biafran war was won because of tribal disunity in Biafra as a result of Igbo dominance. The Avengers are Ijaws and if FG wants to win the war easily it will be narrowed down to Ijaw vs Nigeria. Already Itsekiri and Urhobo are against them in this nonsense in Delta State. Bayelsa and Rivers Ijaws will deny them by the time 10 bombs are dropped at vital communities.

For the love of their people, the avengers should surrender unconditionally. People adviced Ojukwu on his own bid in the 60s but he wouldn't listen until millions of innocent people died.
Re: Why FG Must Sit Down With Niger Delta Avengers by Nobody: 9:20am On May 15, 2016
OP, you're filled with wisdom. Your write up contains the truth and nothing but it. Only a foolish person would oppose this viewpoint.
Welldone!
Re: Why FG Must Sit Down With Niger Delta Avengers by ba7man(m): 10:01am On May 15, 2016
dicefrost:

What will be the aftermath of mass killing of niger deltans? Peace or chaos? Be honest
We can't keep on petting criminals and bribing them with money.

That's why more will keep springing up.

Someone has to put a foot down and say "No".

BTW, who are these people supporting them?

The Northerners have just learnt their lesson that supporting anarchy in their lands to spite an administration is wrong........ it seems that's the lesson some people are keen on learning now.
Re: Why FG Must Sit Down With Niger Delta Avengers by Stingman: 10:37am On May 15, 2016
ba7man:
Very soon, every violent group will know that to get the Govt to invite them for a "sit-down" to review their demands, all they have to do is bomb!, bomb!!, bomb!!!

Very daft idea,

kill them in large numbers so that the next set will think hard before blowing up the country to get Govt attention.

Yoruba man writing from his one room face me I face you, in Makoko Yaba, spotted.
Re: Why FG Must Sit Down With Niger Delta Avengers by possibilita(m): 10:40am On May 15, 2016
BeardedMeat:
if a group of goat feels like chasing u outta ur compound,what will they do? They will eat ur feed,spoil ur water,dump in ur house,eat ur clothes till you run out what about the sheeps what will they do?they will keep dumping in ur compound till you get tired

So from this observation,which of them would you kill or re-educate?

Now u will understand the essence of GEJ's goat n yam theory.
Re: Why FG Must Sit Down With Niger Delta Avengers by ba7man(m): 10:42am On May 15, 2016
Stingman:

Yoruba man writing from his one room face me I face you, in Makoko Yaba, spotted.
How does your post help your daft brain? undecided
Re: Why FG Must Sit Down With Niger Delta Avengers by md4real(m): 11:25am On May 15, 2016
wait o. sit down and talk about what?

NDDC?
derivations?
Amnesty?

seriously, what exactly?
Re: Why FG Must Sit Down With Niger Delta Avengers by focus7: 1:26pm On May 15, 2016
ZUBY77:

You have become Buhari’s spokesman to tell us he will not be cowed.
You forgot the reality is that each time a pipeline is blown up, you have no light. Buhari has light whenever he wanted. So this is majorly about you.
You may be enjoying the drama from faraway but one way or the other, the development of Nigeria depends majorly on oil, which comes from the zone in question here.
But I guess frustration, anger and demented mindset has made some of you to look to heaven instead of discussing how to solve your problems.

I didn't forget the effect of blowing up the pipeline but am averse to negotiating with hoodlums, the one we did with them during Jonathan left us with a bad taste. You witnessed how Asari Dokubo and Tompolo were living a life that seemed to be bigger than the authority, Jonathan government was totally at their mercy while they made billion of naira out of us through fraudulent contracts, piracy and bunkery with no one to challenge them, you heard them talked big at the government, they issued warning at the government at will . If we have someone who is ready to tame them once and for all I would rather give all my support to such. So it is not about frustration, anger or demented mindset as you insinuated, is about been pragmatic.
Re: Why FG Must Sit Down With Niger Delta Avengers by omonnakoda: 1:43pm On May 15, 2016
We continue to hear Niger Delta .How many of these thugs are Ogoni,Itsekiri,Urhobo,Isoko,Ikwerre ,Eleme or Ibibio

I would like to hear the names of some Ibibio militants. Ijaw think they speak for everryone

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ghana Is The Giant Of West Africa. (CNN) / Niger Delta Avengers To Federal Government: Your Drones Won't Stop Us / Nnamdi Kanu: The Great Prophet Of Our Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.