Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,129 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:03 AM

Business Friendly Banks In Nigeria? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Business Friendly Banks In Nigeria? (1501 Views)

USSD Codes Of All The Commercial Banks In Nigeria (Full List) / Etisalat Reacts To Take Over By Banks In Nigeria / How To Recharge From Various Banks In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Business Friendly Banks In Nigeria? by yesman(m): 11:27am On May 15, 2016
Hello readers,

I'm in the nascent stage of launching a business - expecting CAC registration any time now. The business will involving importing and selling a niche product to targeted clientele. I intend starting on a small scale and using my savings to fund the business at the early stage. This would enable me test my idea without risking other people's money.

I also intend to operate an account with one bank (or two). A bank I will use for all my transactions until my idea is validated, probably after a year or two. At which time I will approach the bank for a workable loan to expand the business. I am thinking it may be better to work with one bank so that transactions over the period can be used to verify income statements, cash flow etc and support loan application.

Is there any bank favorably disposed to helping small businesses with established track records without collateral (I don't have landed property to use as collateral)?

I'd like entrepreneurs and small business owners to lend their experiences with the various banks in the country and proffer other useful advice.
Re: Business Friendly Banks In Nigeria? by yesman(m): 12:40pm On May 15, 2016
Any advice would be appreciated.
Re: Business Friendly Banks In Nigeria? by pyerii: 1:13pm On May 15, 2016
I have limited knowledge in this aspect, but I have observed that a lot of people use Stanbic. I don't know the reasons why, but I do know that they sell forex at a much lower rate than most banks do.
Re: Business Friendly Banks In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:19pm On May 15, 2016
yesman:
Sterling. Check my signature and lets chat.
Re: Business Friendly Banks In Nigeria? by yesman(m): 10:41am On May 16, 2016
Thanks for the feedback @Pyerii
Re: Business Friendly Banks In Nigeria? by yesman(m): 10:10am On May 17, 2016
I stumbled upon a similar thread https://www.nairaland.com/3026693/best-nigerian-bank-business-account/4#45697872 but it focuses more on banks with reduced monthly charges. I'm interested in a bank that provides a more comprehensive package suitable for small business growth.
Re: Business Friendly Banks In Nigeria? by yesman(m): 10:14am On May 17, 2016
Nearly every bank out there promises to help business in one way or the other (not necessarily loans) but not all follow through with their promises. People with real life experiences can share with others so we know what to expect.
Re: Business Friendly Banks In Nigeria? by babinmma(f): 11:29am On Feb 08, 2019
yesman:
HAVE YOU GOT THE ANSWERS? CAN YOU SHARE?

(1) (Reply)

Banquet Chairs For Churches, Halls And Event Centres / Is Todaylift.com Real Or Scam. Share Ur Experience / Oasis Shirts Brings To You The Best And The Trendiest Shirts For Autumn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.