Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,659 members, 7,955,393 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:39 AM

Kachikwu, State Governors Forced Buhari To Hike Fuel Price - FG Official - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kachikwu, State Governors Forced Buhari To Hike Fuel Price - FG Official (30453 Views)

SGF Suspension: How Threat To Withhold $1:2bn EU Aid Forced Buhari's Hand / NNPC To Hike Fuel Price, As Tanker Drivers Suspend Strike / NLC To Declare Nationwide Strike Against Electricity Tariff Hike, Fuel Scarcity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kachikwu, State Governors Forced Buhari To Hike Fuel Price - FG Official by eph12(m): 6:31am On May 16, 2016
Hengineer:
Get your facts right, the vp never said that. learn to read and assimilate and do not let others do the reading and assimilation for you because they may be wrong.
That was exactly what he said. The increase in exchange rate is the reason for the increase in fuel prices and not removal of subsidy.
Re: Kachikwu, State Governors Forced Buhari To Hike Fuel Price - FG Official by samokoduwa(m): 6:36am On May 16, 2016
kutchs:

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/kachikwu-governors-forced-buhari-to-hike-fuel-price--fg-official/146750.html#sea4Uq7VXjwMq2Mp.99

The president has the final say even if it was our first ladies from all state. We know option is needed, decisions is made by head. Expect they are saying with gun to president head to make choice. He carry the cross on choice o! Abeg, make you guys use another angle to push blame joor. Such angle does not count for me. 145 is high but hail na 9ja for you.

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu, State Governors Forced Buhari To Hike Fuel Price - FG Official by walozanga(m): 6:40am On May 16, 2016
CLUELESS PRESIDO. THEY WILL KEEP PUSHING U COS U ARE CONFUSED
Re: Kachikwu, State Governors Forced Buhari To Hike Fuel Price - FG Official by otukpo(f): 6:41am On May 16, 2016
incomintop:

And you call gej clueless for taking such action
What will you call Buhari now?

I have never called GEJ clueless. I am not one of those.
Re: Kachikwu, State Governors Forced Buhari To Hike Fuel Price - FG Official by Hengineer: 6:47am On May 16, 2016
eph12:

That was exactly what he said. The increase in exchange rate is the reason for the increase in fuel prices and not removal of subsidy.
Learn to understand simple english and once again, dont allow the interpretation of some quack journalists influence your understanding.

He said the inceease in exchange rate is more of the reason than the subsidy which was removed, he did not say subsidy wasnt removed. If subsidy removal adds N10 and exchange rate change adds N45, then it can be said that the exchange rate is more of the driving factor than subsidy removal. It's funny how even a whole Vanguard missed this very simple explanation.
Re: Kachikwu, State Governors Forced Buhari To Hike Fuel Price - FG Official by eph12(m): 7:04am On May 16, 2016
Hengineer:
Learn to understand simple english and once again, dont allow the interpretation of some quack journalists influence your understanding.

He said the inceease in exchange rate is more of the reason than the subsidy which was removed, he did not say subsidy wasnt removed. If subsidy removal adds N10 and exchange rate change adds N45, then it can be said that the exchange rate is more of the driving factor than subsidy removal. It's funny how even a whole Vanguard missed this very simple explanation.
Lol. Don't know why you just want to argue this morning.
Re: Kachikwu, State Governors Forced Buhari To Hike Fuel Price - FG Official by Henrichemeka(m): 7:09am On May 16, 2016
Rubbish
Re: Kachikwu, State Governors Forced Buhari To Hike Fuel Price - FG Official by Hengineer: 7:14am On May 16, 2016
eph12:

Lol. Don't know why you just want to argue this morning.
Sometimes its funny how people miss a simple interpretation, but adamantly refuse to take correction. Every group in Nigeria from NLC to TUC to NUPEng to pengassan and to even individuals like Kachikwu himself have talked about the subsidy removal, yet you insist on getting yourself confused by a very simple statement from the VP. Even after my explicit explanation, you still prefer to be adamant?.... You know what, I give up, YOU WIN!... The VP said no subsidy was removed and he contradicted everyone else including himself, na you sabi book pass. Good morning.
Re: Kachikwu, State Governors Forced Buhari To Hike Fuel Price - FG Official by otokx(m): 7:43am On May 16, 2016
God Bless Nigeria
Re: Kachikwu, State Governors Forced Buhari To Hike Fuel Price - FG Official by Nobody: 7:55am On May 16, 2016
DropShot:
Irrespective of whatever went behind our backs, it was the right decision. And for the president to have succumbed, it means he was convinced. I trust him that much because I know he's not an IB.

The next thing is to provide palliatives and increase minimum wage to at least 40k.
oh buhari ain't considered weak this time acceding to the pressures from governors....well this story might also not be true... grin
Re: Kachikwu, State Governors Forced Buhari To Hike Fuel Price - FG Official by ayindejimmy(m): 7:59am On May 16, 2016
It's a difficult decision, but it's long overdue.
I just have some grey areas I need clarification.
Is NNPC going to sell at #145 too?

Are more NNPC mega stations goin to be set up to give other marketets competition?

Hope this will mean an increase in the minimum wages cos I don't know how you people want us to make ends meet?

And I saw the break down of how they arrived at #135 but how come most are selling at #145,even NNPC?

That's just all for now.
Re: Kachikwu, State Governors Forced Buhari To Hike Fuel Price - FG Official by omobaekiti: 8:16am On May 16, 2016
Almajiri1:
Buhari is always looking for who to blame and never willing to assume and accept responsibility.
please point where it was stated that buhari addressed journalist on the above issue
Re: Kachikwu, State Governors Forced Buhari To Hike Fuel Price - FG Official by DropShot: 8:18am On May 16, 2016
IzonOwei:
oh buhari ain't considered weak this time acceding to the pressures from governors....well this story might also not be true... grin

It will only make him weak if and when he bows to pressure against his wish, and later moans or uses it as an excuse. You get the difference?
Re: Kachikwu, State Governors Forced Buhari To Hike Fuel Price - FG Official by Nobody: 8:20am On May 16, 2016
DropShot:

It will only make him weak if and when he bows to pressure against his wish, and later moans or uses it as an excuse. You get the difference?
my brother..wait and watch buhari..just wait..
Re: Kachikwu, State Governors Forced Buhari To Hike Fuel Price - FG Official by Mbediogu(m): 8:22am On May 16, 2016
STFUand4kMeHARD:
@ Gun Point

In many states movement of people is stalled. There are no cues but the filling stations are empty. It doesn't matter how or who was pressured for achievement of inconvenience, the important thing is to relieve it immediately, peacefully or otherwise. The choice rests with government and governed. The proposed action of Wednesday is a good start. People are dying and suicide rate is increasing.
Re: Kachikwu, State Governors Forced Buhari To Hike Fuel Price - FG Official by Ubenedictus(m): 9:47am On May 16, 2016
freeze001:
It doesn't exempt the president from responsibility for the action of his government. The buck stops at his table. As it stands, he has consciously unleashed untold hardship on Nigerians and that's all there is to it.
The hardship was there, it is unavoidable, the present government didnt cause it,
Re: Kachikwu, State Governors Forced Buhari To Hike Fuel Price - FG Official by Ubenedictus(m): 9:51am On May 16, 2016
orunto27:
Ibe Kachikwu is nervous and the state governors that joined him to prevail on Buhari to hike fuel price to N145 per litre, are reckless and unreasonable. It is the importation of Fuel of 50% for Domestic Consumption that put us in this mess.
If Buhari, is truly concerned about the effect of fuel price hike on the average Nigerian, he should immediately stop all importation of Fuel for Domestic Consumption and compel NNPC to produce 100% Domestic Fuel Consumption. While the subsidies removal is sustained, the price hike should be dethroned to N100.
THE NNPC CAN NOT SATISFY DOMESTIC CONSUMPTION.
Even if all our refineries were working optimally they wont still be able to satisfy local consumption.
Re: Kachikwu, State Governors Forced Buhari To Hike Fuel Price - FG Official by Ubenedictus(m): 9:55am On May 16, 2016
DropShot:
Irrespective of whatever went behind our backs, it was the right decision. And for the president to have succumbed, it means he was convinced. I trust him that much because I know he's not an IB.

The next thing is to provide palliatives and increase minimum wage to at least 40k.
Even after removing subsidy d govt can not afford to pay 40k, it will push recurrent expenditure to the sky and bite us in d arse, we will bring us back to our current situation.
wage can only go up when govt income increase.
Re: Kachikwu, State Governors Forced Buhari To Hike Fuel Price - FG Official by Nobody: 1:33pm On May 16, 2016
Bunch of Self-serving demonic kleptos! Ya'll pay some day!
Re: Kachikwu, State Governors Forced Buhari To Hike Fuel Price - FG Official by MrGerald(m): 3:27pm On May 16, 2016
Kineticist:
Some people are in the habit of spewing far fetched news. What has fuel hike got to do with State Govs..
because it determines how big their monthly allocation

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG Declares Holidays For Christmas, New Year / Fubara Must Go: Wike's Men Restrategjse, Insist On Impeachment Of Rivers Gov / Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.