Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

Glo New Data Plan - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Glo New Data Plan (61019 Views)

Glo New Data And Billing System / This Glo New Data Plan Will Amaze You - Full Details / GLO New Cheap Data Plans & Prices (2GB For N1,000) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Glo New Data Plan by bennymark(m): 10:10am On May 16, 2016
What is the size of each episode? I am sure less than 100mb each abi?

mark3009:

Bro that has not been my experience with the 1.5g plan. I can check my balance and i have even downloaded 3 seasons of game of thrones and i still have some mb.
Re: Glo New Data Plan by gidimasters(m): 10:17am On May 16, 2016
kcynho:
bro u sure of that,coz been suffering from nt exhausting mine & hv called their customer care to confirm that which u said abt rolling over ur bonus by recharging & d said the bonus can't be rolled over,u sure of this??,really Wana b sure before recharging again
yes, its working for me... i recharge on the 7th day so my bonus do rollover
Re: Glo New Data Plan by gidimasters(m): 10:18am On May 16, 2016
skysailor:

Glo network dey so fvcking slow .
dem go gv u 2gb but na only 200mb person go see use till d one month elapse
lols, my own remain 3.77gb
Re: Glo New Data Plan by danpaul1(m): 10:34am On May 16, 2016
old gist naw
Re: Glo New Data Plan by smileysmiley(f): 10:48am On May 16, 2016
if glo like they should sell 10g for #500 I will not buy... this people can frustrate one's browsing experience... pesin fit vex break phone while waiting for glo... useless network
Re: Glo New Data Plan by Iseoluwani: 11:04am On May 16, 2016
Pls am experiencing bad network on glo. Is it general or what. I changed my phone imel. Downloaded an apk DAT generates bbm imel but its still the same. What's d way forward
Re: Glo New Data Plan by samjadinero(m): 11:24am On May 16, 2016
vosquare:
I was still planning to Subscribe mtn 2000 for 3.5gb,didnt know glo is on the line

Dial *777#
Check the new subscriptions

Airtel 1500 for 3gb. Winning!
Re: Glo New Data Plan by vosquare: 11:30am On May 16, 2016
samjadinero:

Airtel 1500 for 3gb. Winning!
Glo 2.5k 5gb winning tongue
Re: Glo New Data Plan by greatman247(m): 11:39am On May 16, 2016
VocalWalls:

How about you get 9gig for that 3k?

U are a very funny lady! I don laugh tire for here ooo.
Re: Glo New Data Plan by mark3009(m): 12:17pm On May 16, 2016
bennymark:
What is the size of each episode? I am sure less than 100mb each abi?

Yea not more than 100mb each, but i am able to check my data balance and the metering is not as atrocious as you tried to paint in ur earlier post. #mypersonlexperience.
Re: Glo New Data Plan by kcynho(m): 12:24pm On May 16, 2016
gidimasters:
boss,hw many times hv u tried dis n whn last did u,bcz I dn't trust dis telecomm peeps,deh fit lie just to make sure d end ur rollover to promot biz
Re: Glo New Data Plan by kcynho(m): 12:27pm On May 16, 2016
gidimasters:
boss,hw many times hv u tried dis n whn last did u,bcz I dn't trust dis telecomm peeps,deh fit lie just to make sure d end ur rollover to promot biz
Re: Glo New Data Plan by gidimasters(m): 12:30pm On May 16, 2016
kcynho:
more than a month
Re: Glo New Data Plan by Anowax(m): 12:56pm On May 16, 2016
tylerbraid:
Glo's slow network is because of those tweaking blackberry bis to use on Andriod. i.e earning little (income), giving out with big (data) caps; as a result of this, there isn't enough to pay the general ISP which in return would hamper there service delivery to those even buying the original plans. To the tweakers, I'm sure you noticed that In as much as u tweak mtn, u still browse fast, because they pay for the deficit u inflict upon them while glo doesn't. Glo uses yur subscription money to pay the isp... Until the tweak is blocked on Glo before we enjoy the usually fast network again. I wonder why its taking them long to find a solution to this.
Ogbeni dat one na your headache... go help dem find the solution la
Re: Glo New Data Plan by Anowax(m): 1:08pm On May 16, 2016
myrax7:

spoke to yur babe for 20 minute and they removed 500 naira?
guy if no b international call den u r sleeping on a moving bicycle..
I use 200 naira for 28 minutes calll ooooo
I think he's talking about the bonus money he got having recharged and subscribed with the main money... It's a win-win situation for him no matter what was deducted
Re: Glo New Data Plan by Anowax(m): 1:16pm On May 16, 2016
myrax7:

nigerians like awoof but ignore the details behind d awoof..

glo bumpa is a scam..

let's calculate

u load 100 and get N 300 den make calls at 50k per sec.

300 X 100 K = 30000 k
3000 k ÷ 50 k = 600
600 ÷ 60 sec = 10 min of call for N 300 ...

ahah ahhhhh. .

switch to glo G bam if u truly want cheap calls

11 k per sec..
no bonus.

100 = 10000 k
1000 k ÷ 11 k = 909.090
909.090 ÷ 60k = 15 Min .

I hope I have been able to convince u and not confuse u.
Have you considered someone who's just using the line solely for browsing purposes, and after he/she must have recharged and subscribed will proceed to make calls with the resultant bonus which ordinarily (s)he wouldn't have received if the person were to be on another plan? So it's actually a win-win situation for them despite the exorbitant call rate. For example; Say, you recharged 1k worth of airtime, and you received 2k worth of bonus; you subscribe for data with the 1k and proceed with making calls to any network (I repeat to ANY NETWORK) at whatever rate they feel like charging...What could be a smarter choice

Some peeps are smarter than that your mathematical analysis afterall!
Re: Glo New Data Plan by smite(m): 1:26pm On May 16, 2016
wailing:
Rocking my MTN 3.5gig @ 2knaira grin grin

please what's the code for activating this data plan?
Re: Glo New Data Plan by magicfingers009: 1:32pm On May 16, 2016
tomisinobm:

Same here oo. Went as far as going to a technician, he said i should bring 7k for touch. Calls were not ending so I thought the screen was bad.
I almost ran mad. Couldnt imagine fixing a phone that has never dropped before
Re: Glo New Data Plan by VocalWalls: 1:39pm On May 16, 2016
greatman247:

U are a very funny lady! I don laugh tire for here ooo.

it's for real. no jokes.
Re: Glo New Data Plan by Anowax(m): 1:48pm On May 16, 2016
mark3009:

Bro that has not been my experience with the 1.5g plan. I can check my balance and i have even downloaded 3 seasons of game of thrones and i still have some mb.
3 seasons or 3 episodes, which one?
Re: Glo New Data Plan by bighanz(m): 2:02pm On May 16, 2016
even if them give me free , i no go take..Glo network is so so terrible........ typical Nigerian product. unreliable.[color=#990000][/color] sad
Re: Glo New Data Plan by samjadinero(m): 3:17pm On May 16, 2016
vosquare:
Glo 2.5k 5gb winning tongue
Glo with their yeye network.
Re: Glo New Data Plan by bennymark(m): 4:01pm On May 16, 2016
Thanks for sharing, after my data finished yesterday, I was able to chheck, I subscribed this morning and it's still same error, I have attached a screen munch, I use *131*4# to check, network is between 3G and 4G, and consumption is on d high side bro, no be lie. No app is updating, none is running on d background, airtel and glo do not finish this fast, but I am stuck on MTN cos of my current location. Thanks anyway

mark3009:

Yea not more than 100mb each, but i am able to check my data balance and the metering is not as atrocious as you tried to paint in ur earlier post. #mypersonlexperience.

Re: Glo New Data Plan by huntax(m): 6:19pm On May 16, 2016
Segadem:
...even if glo offers 2gb for #500 I no go fall for it, there network can go off for like 2hrs, I will switch to glo secure back to glo flat change my network phone to 2g to 3g bact to automatic but all without any success to bring back their network back
Wow,you just hit the nail on the head...this is EXACTLY what I always do. At times it works,at times,it doesn't. But when it does,it's fast here in Ikorodu, although it doesn't come close to Etisalat. Glo downloads at 1MB/s or lower, but Etisalat, clocks a whooping 5mb/s

1 Like

Re: Glo New Data Plan by mark3009(m): 8:33pm On May 16, 2016
bennymark:
Thanks for sharing, after my data finished yesterday, I was able to chheck, I subscribed this morning and it's still same error, I have attached a screen munch, I use *131*4# to check, network is between 3G and 4G, and consumption is on d high side bro, no be lie. No app is updating, none is running on d background, airtel and glo do not finish this fast, but I am stuck on MTN cos of my current location. Thanks anyway

That is bad. Why not try sending 2 as an SMS to 131 to check data balance, besides I am not holding brief for mtn. The truth is that all Nigerian telcos cheat in their data metering just that some do it more than others.
Re: Glo New Data Plan by mark3009(m): 8:36pm On May 16, 2016
Anowax:
Oh I meant 3 episodes not seaspns.
Re: Glo New Data Plan by mark3009(m): 8:36pm On May 16, 2016
Anowax:
Oh I meant 3 episodes not seasons.
Re: Glo New Data Plan by Anowax(m): 9:16pm On May 16, 2016
mark3009:

Oh I meant 3 episodes not seasons.
ok cos fear catch me, I cum even dey think say maybe you're related to Lai Mohammed
Re: Glo New Data Plan by Dharnchuks(m): 9:21pm On May 16, 2016
frehage:

Go to your phone's settings and restrict background data and switch off auto-sync. Use 3G strictly for downloading and streaming, and Edge for browsing. You can also switch off images from your browser from time to time, especially when visiting websites with heavy media footprints.

You will be amazed how long just 10mb will last you, i.e., if you are only browsing, not to talk of 6Gig. And when you download a 100mb movie for example, 100mb is what will be deducted from your balance. You will no longer have to deal with the headache of downloading a 70mb stuff but ending up instead with a deduction of 100mb.

And last but not the least, beware of play store. It's an mb drunkard( due to it's many icons and images).

Its like we attended the same data management class..
Re: Glo New Data Plan by Dharnchuks(m): 9:25pm On May 16, 2016
For me its Etisalat. In my area ( Alakuko, Lagos) I browser with edge and only use 3G when downloading. They're the most reliable but not the cheapest

Randy91:

which network is d best in terms of internet reliability
Re: Glo New Data Plan by Dharnchuks(m): 9:32pm On May 16, 2016
For me its Etisalat. In my area ( Alakuko, Lagos) I browser with edge and only use 3G when downloading. They're the most reliable but not the cheapest

Randy91:

which network is d best in terms of internet reliability
Re: Glo New Data Plan by Nobody: 10:03pm On May 16, 2016
Shigoboy:

Thanks for the info bro, can these work on BB10? I'm using a Q5 and I always connect to computer

I think so..but y don't u called the cust svc center..the bb rates are better

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Images Of The Soon To Be Released Infinix Note 7 / Upload Your Home Screen Lets See Who Got Nice Customization / If Your Phone Is Doing Any Of These Things, It's Time To Change It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.