Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,455 members, 7,819,666 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:19 PM

What Is The Right Punishment For A Hubby Who Refuses To Assist In House Chores? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is The Right Punishment For A Hubby Who Refuses To Assist In House Chores? (9271 Views)

Men That Do House Chores For Their Wives (Photos) / "I Am Too Beautiful To Do House Chores" - Nigerian Woman. See Reactions / Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Right Punishment For A Hubby Who Refuses To Assist In House Chores? by lezz(m): 12:23pm On May 16, 2016
Mindfulness:
The moment you feel that you need to punish your spouse, is the moment you should ask yourself if you married the wrong person. undecided
Nairaland's far-famed marriage pest grin grin grin
Re: What Is The Right Punishment For A Hubby Who Refuses To Assist In House Chores? by cococandy(f): 1:26pm On May 16, 2016
chisco82:

Nice one, even though i'll not be happy if my wife purnish me like that, but then it's a wake up call men, she 's human and needed help too.
Bug eh! Coco u and ur mbise..
God really bless that Man ....u know him? grin grin
Know who?
Re: What Is The Right Punishment For A Hubby Who Refuses To Assist In House Chores? by taryour(f): 4:06pm On May 16, 2016
edwife:

Oh dear no need to get worked up, you should get used to NL by now. Lions of the internet... grin. What a place for entertainment, we know what time is it, i can't be bother. She will get her answers from the "usual". wink

Ewuro darling, how are you? Please OP needs a punishment method.Help some sisters.... grin When some people live with pigs, what do you expect?

sweerie bawo ni? how are you and all yours? trust you all are doing great jare. no mind the op. she wan play fast one trying to change her intentions saying dint I notice the tone of the message.

I don't even know why the thing surprise me sef, ppl just make things very difficult for themselves.
God go help all of us.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Right Punishment For A Hubby Who Refuses To Assist In House Chores? by taryour(f): 4:09pm On May 16, 2016
flokii:

Hello.. Sorry for interfering

But d lady might not mean 'punish' in d real sense..

Might be that she didn't choose her words carefully.. You should take things easy with people

Some just type to provoke unknowingly.

Mr I beg to differ please Tone or no Tone " punishment " has no 2 meanings.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Right Punishment For A Hubby Who Refuses To Assist In House Chores? by Nobody: 4:27pm On May 16, 2016
cococandy:

Know who?
The Man naa...
Re: What Is The Right Punishment For A Hubby Who Refuses To Assist In House Chores? by Kimoni: 4:42pm On May 16, 2016
cococandy:
Best punishment.
Do what you can and let him fester in the remaining filth (that's if it doesn't bug you too).
It's not possible to be hands on with everything in the house especially if you work and have more than one kid.
So some days,you do some leave some.
Once in a while let his favorite shirt stay in the washer for days until he needs it and can't find it because you were too busy with other stuff to remember washing it.
Some days make his dinner very late until he realizes he needs to chip in to help move the ministry forward.
Somebody cannot come and go and die (this grammar still makes me laugh grin).

Disregard if you guys have an arrangement where only you keep the home and he brings in the bacon.

knightngale, hope you're skilled enough to try this. Put on your most innocent face while at it.

@raumdeteur - what do you think? tongue cheesy
Re: What Is The Right Punishment For A Hubby Who Refuses To Assist In House Chores? by edwife(f): 4:44pm On May 16, 2016
taryour:

sweerie bawo ni? how are you and all yours? trust you all are doing great jare. no mind the op. she wan play fast one trying to change her intentions saying dint I notice the tone of the message.

I don't even know why the thing surprise me sef, ppl just make things very difficult for themselves.
God go help all of us.

We are great as usual, happy people - happy life. Hope you good as well? Sweetheart it's all about maturity and life experience. You know who has been there and who is just starting. I have always said, life is easy if you want it to be. I don't understand people who claims to have a happy life, beautiful this and that but yet are always complaining about things or situations. How does it work out? Everything is like a task, it has to be reviewed and questioned.What the hell?

Learn to be truly Happy and take each day as it presents itself without worrying about negativity. Many of these women grow older because they nag,complain,over-think,worries,analyse everything. Life is beautiful and forever young I remain. wink Nothing is hard in life, people make it so.

Don't sweat the small stuff, my motto. Know who you marry smiley

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Right Punishment For A Hubby Who Refuses To Assist In House Chores? by cococandy(f): 4:47pm On May 16, 2016
Kimoni:

knightngale, hope you're skilled enough to try this. Put on your most innocent face while at it.

True the innocent face is the best tool.

If I were to do this I'd expose myself by bursting into laughter when he begins to ask or look for something he needs.
Re: What Is The Right Punishment For A Hubby Who Refuses To Assist In House Chores? by raumdeuter: 5:22pm On May 16, 2016
Kimoni:

What I think is that both parties should only do what they are convenient with

If the work is too much for her its either she gets a maid the man pays for her to do his own portion of the work.

Is that a good enough solution? I dont want to do chores then I pay for someone to do it
Re: What Is The Right Punishment For A Hubby Who Refuses To Assist In House Chores? by Kimoni: 5:23pm On May 16, 2016
cococandy:

True the innocent face is the best tool.

If I were to do this I'd expose myself by bursting into laughter when he begins to ask or look for something he needs.

Hahahhahaha

I've had to perfect these skills overtime o cheesy

When I had my first baby, hubby said "no nannies", he still wanted Mr and Mrs (who Mr and Mrs epp ) alone in the house and wanted us to use the crèche option instead for LO. But it wasn't convenient for me because we both not closing early in a very demanding industry so we had a situation where LO was always the last to leave the crèche and a caregiver had to stay with her till I got there when others had long left. The lady wasnt finding this funny at all and it was written all over her face. My constant lateness was increasing her own time in traffic and impacting negatively in her home. I had to do something fast since hubby still didn't see the need for it; he felt since we were paying heavily for late picking which was in their policy, all was well. I knew all wasn't well.

Besides that, I wasn't getting the much needed rest over the weekends, I was always tired on Monday mornings shocked I knew I had to devise creative means to have my way. Somebody cannot not come and die like you rightly said. cheesy

So I did exactly those things you highlighted and much more. I also started spending long hours in the market every Saturday (wetin I dey buy biko) just to leave both of them at home alone for long hours. You need to see the helplessness and relief on his face when I get home. On one of those fustrating days, I asked him gently and sweetly if we could get a help, he quietly said yes. Well who cares - quietly or boldly, all I neede was a Yes!!! cheesy grin grin so I got a live-in nanny and life has been sweet after that.

So sometimes, a woman man gotta do what a woman man gotta do lipsrsealed

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Right Punishment For A Hubby Who Refuses To Assist In House Chores? by Kimoni: 5:33pm On May 16, 2016
raumdeuter:

What I think is that both parties should only do what they are convenient with

If the work is too much for her its either she gets a maid the man pays for her to do his own portion of the work.

Is that a good enough solution? I dont want to do chores then I pay for someone to do it

lol...I agree jare

You cannot be lazy and carry an empty pocket at the same time...tufiakwa
Re: What Is The Right Punishment For A Hubby Who Refuses To Assist In House Chores? by cococandy(f): 5:49pm On May 16, 2016
grin he said yes quietly.

I can imagine his face at that moment.
Kimoni:

Hahahhahaha

I've had to perfect these skills overtime o cheesy

When I had my first baby, hubby said "no nannies", he still wanted Mr and Mrs (who Mr and Mrs epp ) alone in the house and wanted us to use the crèche option instead for LO. But it wasn't convenient for me because we both not closing early in a very demanding industry so we had a situation where LO was always the last to leave the crèche and a caregiver had to stay with her till I got there when others had long left. The lady wasnt finding this funny at all and it was written all over her face. My constant lateness was increasing her own time in traffic and impacting negatively in her home. I had to do something fast since hubby still didn't see the need for it; he felt since we were paying heavily for late picking which was in their policy, all was well. I knew all wasn't well.

Besides that, I wasn't getting the much needed rest over the weekends, I was always tired on Monday mornings shocked I knew I had to devise creative means to have my way. Somebody cannot not come and die like you rightly said. cheesy

So I did exactly those things you highlighted and much more. I also started spending long hours in the market every Saturday (wetin I dey buy biko) just to leave both of them at home alone for long hours. You need to see the helplessness and relief on his face when I get home. On one of those fustrating days, I asked him gently and sweetly if we could get a help, he quietly said yes. Well who cares - quietly or boldly, all I neede was a Yes!!! cheesy grin grin so I got a live-in nanny and life has been sweet after that.

So sometimes, a woman man gotta do what a woman man gotta do lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: What Is The Right Punishment For A Hubby Who Refuses To Assist In House Chores? by taryour(f): 9:12pm On May 16, 2016
edwife:

We are great as usual, happy people - happy life. Hope you good as well? Sweetheart it's all about maturity and life experience. You know who has been there and who is just starting. I have always said, life is easy if you want it to be. I don't understand people who claims to have a happy life, beautiful this and that but yet are always complaining about things or situations. How does it work out? Everything is like a task, it has to be reviewed and questioned.What the hell?

Learn to be truly Happy and take each day as it presents itself without worrying about negativity. Many of these women grow older because they nag,complain,over-think,worries,analyse everything. Life is beautiful and forever young I remain. wink Nothing is hard in life, people make it so.

Don't sweat the small stuff, my motto. Know who you marry smiley

GBAM!!! End Of Discussion.

Kimoni I see you o. cococandy ekale o. how you doing and all yours?
Re: What Is The Right Punishment For A Hubby Who Refuses To Assist In House Chores? by cococandy(f): 9:22pm On May 16, 2016
taryour:

We are doing fine.

Thank you. smiley

How are yous?
Re: What Is The Right Punishment For A Hubby Who Refuses To Assist In House Chores? by taryour(f): 9:54pm On May 16, 2016
cococandy:
We are doing fine.
Thank you. smiley
How are yous?
we all are doing great sis thanks. **hugs**

1 Like

Re: What Is The Right Punishment For A Hubby Who Refuses To Assist In House Chores? by ronald4lif(m): 10:06pm On May 16, 2016
talk2alabama:
madam if u need help with chores den u should employ a maid. He is ur husband for Christ sake and u gv him some sense of respect! All these end time wives.

cheesy grin
Re: What Is The Right Punishment For A Hubby Who Refuses To Assist In House Chores? by aforti(m): 7:43am On May 17, 2016
It's sad the way marriages are viewed of recent. What happened to dialogue? How can you even ask the question of punishment to your spouse an adult not your four yrs old child. It's pathetic no mutual respect or what?. This question should not even be debated about it's just so wrong. If you need your hubby to assist in house chores simply tell him. A man that the mother brought up well to know that he as a man should learn house to clean after himself will do so even without you asking. If the mother has failed in that aspect you as a wife should subtly talk to him in doing so. Talking of punishment is just so disrespectful even for your children u don't punish them you teach them and train them so they don't turn out to be like your husband in the future .

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Right Punishment For A Hubby Who Refuses To Assist In House Chores? by Kimoni: 10:28am On May 17, 2016
taryour:

Maami, I see you too o Trust all is well

**hugz**
Re: What Is The Right Punishment For A Hubby Who Refuses To Assist In House Chores? by Kimoni: 10:33am On May 17, 2016
talk2alabama:
madam if u need help with chores den u should employ a maid. He is ur husband for Christ sake and u gv him some sense of respect! All these end time wives.

I saw your signature...do you mean girlfriend or wife?

Raumdeteur - pls check out this gentleman's signature. I remembered the stories you shared on boys thread when I saw it. grin grin grin
Re: What Is The Right Punishment For A Hubby Who Refuses To Assist In House Chores? by talk2alabama: 11:02am On May 17, 2016
Kimoni:

I saw your signature...do you mean girlfriend or wife?

Raumdeteur - pls check out this gentleman's signature. I remembered the stories you shared on boys thread when I saw it. grin grin grin
mr man... a woman is a person who has breast and kitty.. and I believe u are aware a girlfrnd and a wife has got that.. so why ask me silly question?
Re: What Is The Right Punishment For A Hubby Who Refuses To Assist In House Chores? by Anas09: 11:56am On May 17, 2016
Mindfulness:
The moment you feel that you need to punish your spouse, is the moment you should ask yourself if you married the wrong person. undecided
On Point.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Right Punishment For A Hubby Who Refuses To Assist In House Chores? by Anas09: 12:02pm On May 17, 2016
Knightngale:
hmmmm, so she should seduce him into doing the dishes and all, ok, makes sense grin
Why should he do the dishes? There are lots of other things for him to do around the house. Why the dishes? Let him be the handyman fixing broken stuff around the house.
Doing dishes should not be an issue in the home, except you are sick or heavily pregnant.
Re: What Is The Right Punishment For A Hubby Who Refuses To Assist In House Chores? by Anas09: 12:08pm On May 17, 2016
talk2alabama:
My Husband no go wash plates for my house lai lai. Thats not fitting for the King. My husband is my King.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Right Punishment For A Hubby Who Refuses To Assist In House Chores? by treasuredkids(f): 1:28pm On May 17, 2016
Nope.
Knightngale:
sarcasm?
Re: What Is The Right Punishment For A Hubby Who Refuses To Assist In House Chores? by talk2alabama: 1:55pm On May 17, 2016
Anas09:

My Husband no go wash plates for my house lai lai. Thats not fitting for the King. My husband is my King.
pls i'd like to ask, are u married?
Re: What Is The Right Punishment For A Hubby Who Refuses To Assist In House Chores? by Anas09: 2:58pm On May 17, 2016
Knightngale:
it's has absolutely nothing to do with whether a person married the right to wrong spouse undecided you for example who married the right spouse, can you say you've never had occasions where you feel bitter about his actions or in actions? Punishment as used connotes how can you repay him for refusing to help undecided

grin
Why not deny him sex? Know what? Tell him to go into the kitchen and do those dishes, when he refuses dont just say word, in the knigh when he comes, just fling his hand off saying " You didnt do the dishe, you are not going to do this one", Is that okay?
Re: What Is The Right Punishment For A Hubby Who Refuses To Assist In House Chores? by Anas09: 3:02pm On May 17, 2016
cococandy:
Best punishment.
Do what you can and let him fester in the remaining filth (that's if it doesn't bug you too).
It's not possible to be hands on with everything in the house especially if you work and have more than one kid.
So some days,you do some leave some.
Once in a while let his favorite shirt stay in the washer for days until he needs it and can't find it because you were too busy with other stuff to remember washing it.
Some days make his dinner very late until he realizes he needs to chip in to help move the ministry forward.
Somebody cannot come and go and die (this grammar still makes me laugh grin).

Disregard if you guys have an arrangement where only you keep the home and he brings in the bacon.
Lolz@ Somebody cannot come and go and die. This really cracked me up.
Re: What Is The Right Punishment For A Hubby Who Refuses To Assist In House Chores? by Anas09: 3:25pm On May 17, 2016
talk2alabama:
pls i'd like to ask, are u married?
So i need to marry before i know what to do?
Have you ever heard "be prepared for marriage before you marry?".

Let me recommed a book, who knows you may find some helpful tips in there.
" Why Men Marry Bitches". By Sherry Argov.
Re: What Is The Right Punishment For A Hubby Who Refuses To Assist In House Chores? by Knightngale(f): 3:31pm On May 17, 2016
Anas09:

Why not deny him sex? Know what? Tell him to go into the kitchen and do those dishes, when he refuses dont just say word, in the knigh when he comes, just fling his hand off saying " You didnt do the dishe, you are not going to do this one", Is that okay?
nice one, i will pass on the message.
Re: What Is The Right Punishment For A Hubby Who Refuses To Assist In House Chores? by Kimoni: 3:53pm On May 17, 2016
talk2alabama:
mr man... a woman is a person who has breast and kitty.. and I believe u are aware a girlfrnd and a wife has got that.. so why ask me silly question?

*In Saga's voice* "another product of a failed educational system" angry
Re: What Is The Right Punishment For A Hubby Who Refuses To Assist In House Chores? by talk2alabama: 3:54pm On May 17, 2016
Anas09:

So i need to marry before i know what to do?
Have you ever heard "be prepared for marriage before you marry?".

Let me recommed a book, who knows you may find some helpful tips in there.
" Why Men Marry Bitches". By Sherry Argov.
madam dats not d reason why I asked that question.. I wanted to bless u for your wonderful comment..
Re: What Is The Right Punishment For A Hubby Who Refuses To Assist In House Chores? by Anas09: 5:55pm On May 17, 2016
[quote author=talk2alabama post=45708925]madam dats not d reason why I asked that question.. I wanted to bless u for your wonderful comment.. [/quote
It's well. God bless you]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

For The LADIES: Do You Wash Your Undies While Bathing. / A Wise Woman Builds Her Home Herself. / Newly Married Within A Year or Less- Let's Relate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.