Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,501 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:49 AM

What Is The Right Punishment For A Hubby Who Refuses To Assist In House Chores? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is The Right Punishment For A Hubby Who Refuses To Assist In House Chores? (9273 Views)

Men That Do House Chores For Their Wives (Photos) / "I Am Too Beautiful To Do House Chores" - Nigerian Woman. See Reactions / Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Right Punishment For A Hubby Who Refuses To Assist In House Chores? by raumdeuter: 8:25pm On May 17, 2016
Kimoni:
I saw your signature...do you mean girlfriend or wife?

Raumdeteur - pls check out this gentleman's signature. I remembered the stories you shared on boys thread when I saw it. grin grin grin

Asking some women for money is the easiest way to know your family and life history
Re: What Is The Right Punishment For A Hubby Who Refuses To Assist In House Chores? by Kimoni: 9:15pm On May 17, 2016
raumdeuter:

Asking some women for money is the easiest way to know your family and life history

grin grin grin grin grin tongue
Re: What Is The Right Punishment For A Hubby Who Refuses To Assist In House Chores? by Nobody: 9:50am On May 19, 2016
talk2alabama:
What sort of rubbish is this..... it's his choice whether to assist in chores or nad... afterall he is d breadwinner...
What if he is not the breadwinner
Re: What Is The Right Punishment For A Hubby Who Refuses To Assist In House Chores? by thelish(f): 10:31am On Jun 28, 2016
cococandy:
Best punishment.
Do what you can and let him fester in the remaining filth (that's if it doesn't bug you too).
It's not possible to be hands on with everything in the house especially if you work and have more than one kid.
So some days,you do some leave some.
Once in a while let his favorite shirt stay in the washer for days until he needs it and can't find it because you were too busy with other stuff to remember washing it.
Some days make his dinner very late until he realizes he needs to chip in to help move the ministry forward.
Somebody cannot come and go and die (this grammar still makes me laugh grin).

Disregard if you guys have an arrangement where only you keep the home and he brings in the bacon.

Coco, na u understand d OP wella
These were d kind of punishment she was referring to. Not necessarily stabbing n shooting perse as some others connote

1 Like

Re: What Is The Right Punishment For A Hubby Who Refuses To Assist In House Chores? by thelish(f): 11:45am On Jun 28, 2016
Kimoni:

Hahahhahaha

I've had to perfect these skills overtime o cheesy

When I had my first baby, hubby said "no nannies", he still wanted Mr and Mrs (who Mr and Mrs epp ) alone in the house and wanted us to use the crèche option instead for LO. But it wasn't convenient for me because we both not closing early in a very demanding industry so we had a situation where LO was always the last to leave the crèche and a caregiver had to stay with her till I got there when others had long left. The lady wasnt finding this funny at all and it was written all over her face. My constant lateness was increasing her own time in traffic and impacting negatively in her home. I had to do something fast since hubby still didn't see the need for it; he felt since we were paying heavily for late picking which was in their policy, all was well. I knew all wasn't well.

Besides that, I wasn't getting the much needed rest over the weekends, I was always tired on Monday mornings shocked I knew I had to devise creative means to have my way. Somebody cannot not come and die like you rightly said. cheesy

So I did exactly those things you highlighted and much more. I also started spending long hours in the market every Saturday (wetin I dey buy biko) just to leave both of them at home alone for long hours. You need to see the helplessness and relief on his face when I get home. On one of those fustrating days, I asked him gently and sweetly if we could get a help, he quietly said yes. Well who cares - quietly or boldly, all I neede was a Yes!!! cheesy grin grin so I got a live-in nanny and life has been sweet after that.

So sometimes, a woman man gotta do what a woman man gotta do lipsrsealed

Lady K, I like this ur strategy oo. These are the type of silent punishment OP is looking for.
Re: What Is The Right Punishment For A Hubby Who Refuses To Assist In House Chores? by thelish(f): 11:52am On Jun 28, 2016
Anas09:

Why should he do the dishes? There are lots of other things for him to do around the house. Why the dishes? Let him be the handyman fixing broken stuff around the house.
Doing dishes should not be an issue in the home, except you are sick or heavily pregnant.

Abeg who dey break d stuff everyday?
Una just dey find lazy things to do.
Hope he can still fix a broken TV? lol
Na joke I was joking ooo
Re: What Is The Right Punishment For A Hubby Who Refuses To Assist In House Chores? by thelish(f): 11:54am On Jun 28, 2016
Anas09:

My Husband no go wash plates for my house lai lai. Thats not fitting for the King. My husband is my King.

For my village, king n queen nor dey wash dishes oo. That's why they have maids.
KING VS QUEEN. LOL
Re: What Is The Right Punishment For A Hubby Who Refuses To Assist In House Chores? by Anas09: 3:07pm On Jun 28, 2016
thelish:

For my village, king n queen nor dey wash dishes oo. That's why they have maids.
KING VS QUEEN. LOL
True, eve for my village na so too. But now, nah husband and wife matter oo. Some women want their husbands to dey do minial house chores, for weytin? How many of us dey house wey the plates go plenty too much for me to wash? If plates plenty, na plenty people don use them, den those people go wash plates, not my own King.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Right Punishment For A Hubby Who Refuses To Assist In House Chores? by Anas09: 3:07pm On Jun 28, 2016
thelish:

KING VS QUEEN. LOL
True, even for my village na so too. But now, nah husband and wife matter oo. Some women want their husbands to dey do minial house chores, for weytin? How many of us dey house wey the plates go plenty too much for me to wash? If plates plenty, na plenty people don use them, den those people go wash plates, not my own King.
Re: What Is The Right Punishment For A Hubby Who Refuses To Assist In House Chores? by thelish(f): 3:23pm On Jun 28, 2016
Anas09:

True, even for my village na so too. But now, nah husband and wife matter oo. Some women want their husbands to dey do minial house chores, for weytin? How many of us dey house wey the plates go plenty too much for me to wash? If plates plenty, na plenty people don use them, den those people go wash plates, not my own King.

Hahahaha. funny u.
Re: What Is The Right Punishment For A Hubby Who Refuses To Assist In House Chores? by Anas09: 3:32pm On Jun 28, 2016
thelish:

Abeg who dey break d stuff everyday?
Una just dey find lazy things to do.
Hope he can still fix a broken TV? lol
Na joke I was joking ooo
Some dey fix broken TV dear. Mind was fixed.
Re: What Is The Right Punishment For A Hubby Who Refuses To Assist In House Chores? by Anas09: 3:41pm On Jun 28, 2016
thelish:

Hahahaha. funny u.
Yes my sister. Na as you value your property na so another person go follow value am.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Right Punishment For A Hubby Who Refuses To Assist In House Chores? by thelish(f): 4:41pm On Jun 28, 2016
Anas09:

Some dey fix broken TV dear. Mind was fixed.

We are talking of everyday chores in the house not fixing of some things that get broken once in decades
Re: What Is The Right Punishment For A Hubby Who Refuses To Assist In House Chores? by Anas09: 5:19pm On Jun 28, 2016
thelish:

We are talking of everyday chores in the house not fixing of some things that get broken once in decades
Babe, na how my house go dey I dey talk nah. My husband no go wash plate for my house. But if him want help me sake of say, me i dey sick or something something sha Ooo. No wahala, but for me to say, because you dey chop, make you sef wash the plate, Mba
Re: What Is The Right Punishment For A Hubby Who Refuses To Assist In House Chores? by Blackfire(m): 6:04pm On Jun 28, 2016
Anas09:

Babe, na how my house go dey I dey talk nah. My husband no go wash plate for my house. But if him want help me sake of say, me i dey sick or something something sha Ooo. No wahala, but for me to say, because you dey chop, make you sef wash the plate, Mba

*smiles*
Re: What Is The Right Punishment For A Hubby Who Refuses To Assist In House Chores? by Blackfire(m): 6:09pm On Jun 28, 2016
Anas09:

*smiles again*
Re: What Is The Right Punishment For A Hubby Who Refuses To Assist In House Chores? by thelish(f): 10:03pm On Jun 28, 2016
Anas09:

Ok ooo. lol
Re: What Is The Right Punishment For A Hubby Who Refuses To Assist In House Chores? by Anas09: 10:53pm On Jun 28, 2016
Blackfire:

*smiles again*
What's sweeting your heart sir? cheesy
Re: What Is The Right Punishment For A Hubby Who Refuses To Assist In House Chores? by Anas09: 10:58pm On Jun 28, 2016
thelish:

Ok ooo. lol
But babe eh, you know say nah woman dey hold marriage? Men dey like children if you locate their mumu button. All you need do, na to locate the button and know wen and how to tap am. Just dey tap.
Re: What Is The Right Punishment For A Hubby Who Refuses To Assist In House Chores? by Blackfire(m): 2:37am On Jun 29, 2016
Anas09:

What's sweeting your heart sir? cheesy

when i see intelligence +independent mind in a beautiful damsel... Is just wow to me.

So i smile.

Or i shouldn't smile at a beautiful artistic work of creation?
Re: What Is The Right Punishment For A Hubby Who Refuses To Assist In House Chores? by Blackfire(m): 2:39am On Jun 29, 2016
Anas09:

But babe eh, you know say nah woman dey hold marriage? Men dey like children if you locate their mumu button. All you need do, na to locate the button and know wen and how to tap am. Just dey tap.

mumu button kwa?

* takes cover*
Re: What Is The Right Punishment For A Hubby Who Refuses To Assist In House Chores? by thelish(f): 5:36am On Jun 29, 2016
[quote author=Anas09 post=47023260]
But babe eh, you know say nah woman dey hold marriage? Men dey like children if you locate their mumu button. All you need do, na to locate the button and know wen and how to tap am. Just dey tap. [/quote

ur right dear. But holding of marriage na d two pple obligation ooo. That kind hectic thing na one party wan hold
Re: What Is The Right Punishment For A Hubby Who Refuses To Assist In House Chores? by thelish(f): 5:38am On Jun 29, 2016
Blackfire:

mumu button kwa?
* takes cover*
hahahaha, keeping smiling oo
Re: What Is The Right Punishment For A Hubby Who Refuses To Assist In House Chores? by Arijude(m): 8:41am On Jun 29, 2016
oloriooko:

In these days of scarce househelps, a man that truly loves the wife and is responsible needs not to be told to help the wife with chores, on the other hand, the wife must be wise in managing this scenario.
No woman is a slave to any man so in the absense of househelp, the man must help and the kids must be trained to help too

The woman should never think of punishing the man if he does not help rather talk things out with your spouse. If a man loves a woman, he can do anything for her. Wish you the best
Bros, may God bless you with a good wife.
Re: What Is The Right Punishment For A Hubby Who Refuses To Assist In House Chores? by Anas09: 12:48pm On Jun 29, 2016
[quote author=thelish post=47026855][/quote]
How this thing become too hectic for us to handle like this? Our mama dem hold am and still dey hold am, weytin dey happen with us sef?
And out papa dem bad, be say, dem go marry multiple wives without a care, yet our mama still dey there. Us no just want hear. We no dey care weytin go happen to dey kids. Na wa for us Ooo.
Re: What Is The Right Punishment For A Hubby Who Refuses To Assist In House Chores? by Anas09: 2:03pm On Jun 29, 2016
Blackfire:

mumu button kwa?

* takes cover*
Yes, Mumu button na weytin dey sweet the man belly.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Right Punishment For A Hubby Who Refuses To Assist In House Chores? by Anas09: 2:05pm On Jun 29, 2016
Blackfire:

when i see intelligence +independent mind in a beautiful damsel... Is just wow to me.

So i smile.

Or i shouldn't smile at a beautiful artistic work of creation?
How do you know the damsel is bitiful?
Re: What Is The Right Punishment For A Hubby Who Refuses To Assist In House Chores? by Blackfire(m): 2:20pm On Jun 29, 2016
Anas09:
Yes, Mumu button na weytin dey sweet the man belly.

i was wondering what my mumu button will be?
I don suffer chai.
Button i no vex, but mumu...
*put on my army boot*
Re: What Is The Right Punishment For A Hubby Who Refuses To Assist In House Chores? by Blackfire(m): 2:31pm On Jun 29, 2016
Anas09:

How do you know the damsel is bitiful?

are u ready?
1. When u mix cameronian gene with a nigerian gene,the result will be *wow*.

2. The beauty of the contour of the body will fade, but the one that flourishes from inside, connected to the spring of life.

3.a product is known by its quality not quantity..that is a beauty..when a lady speaks with maturity and in issues talks with independent mind.. That is a beauty.

4.you are a creature of the ALMIGHTY YAHWEH..

5... IF U STILL NEED MORE.
LET ME STOP HERE AM COMING.

*SIPS COLD WATER*
Re: What Is The Right Punishment For A Hubby Who Refuses To Assist In House Chores? by RiloKiley: 5:29pm On Jun 29, 2016
Ibelong2God:
Seduction is the most potent force at a woman's disposal, especially when dealing with her husband
You couldn't have said it better.
Re: What Is The Right Punishment For A Hubby Who Refuses To Assist In House Chores? by RiloKiley: 5:33pm On Jun 29, 2016
Mindfulness:

Know what you want and marry the right person.
The problem is that women believe that they can actually tolerate this behavior that makes them look all worn out by the age of 40 because they feel a need to rush into marriage and then they suffer. Or they believe that they can change a man with such an attitude and then they suffer.

If you got married to a man who is not interested in a fair division of labor that will serve not only him but also you, well, you have a choice to stay or to [size=14pt]leave[/size].

If you stay:

- ask him nicely for help
- get a help
- put up with a less well-organized and clean home
She should divorce the man because he doesn't do house chores?? shocked
Are you married?
Re: What Is The Right Punishment For A Hubby Who Refuses To Assist In House Chores? by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jun 29, 2016
RiloKiley:

She should divorce the man because he doesn't do house chores?? shocked
Are you married?

Where in my post did you read that she should divorce her husband? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

For The LADIES: Do You Wash Your Undies While Bathing. / Newly Married Within A Year or Less- Let's Relate / A Wise Woman Builds Her Home Herself.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.