Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,300 members, 7,819,018 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:02 AM

Fuel Hike: NANS Set To Shut Down Campuses - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Hike: NANS Set To Shut Down Campuses (18490 Views)

Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates / Labour To Proceed On Strike Tomorrow Over Fuel Hike / Fuel Hike: Private Sector Employee Association to disobey NLC, won't join Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Hike: NANS Set To Shut Down Campuses by ybalogs(m): 11:03am On May 16, 2016
a limit has been set by the Nigeria Government as maximum for price of fuel per liter and the Epe filling stations are selling at N170.... I wonder. And there was a slight queue at that. It's not the government that has a fault. It's us individuals and our greed. Change will happen when we all realise it's meant to be a joint effort. # SaiBaba # Change # OneNation

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Hike: NANS Set To Shut Down Campuses by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 11:03am On May 16, 2016
NANS! The most useless body in Nigeria. Bunch of corrupt guys.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Hike: NANS Set To Shut Down Campuses by ybalogs(m): 11:03am On May 16, 2016
Awon alaini nkan she. Oole di arun
Re: Fuel Hike: NANS Set To Shut Down Campuses by ProfessorPP(m): 11:06am On May 16, 2016
Is shutting dawn schools and campuses help the situation on ground at all.
Re: Fuel Hike: NANS Set To Shut Down Campuses by DeltaOil: 11:06am On May 16, 2016
Chai, CHANGE!

By the time B00hari is finished, nothing to remain fro Nigeria oh!

1 Like

Re: Fuel Hike: NANS Set To Shut Down Campuses by Coolabbie: 11:06am On May 16, 2016
I would love to see how they will implement this in my school. Nobody even knows they exist here.
Nans ko, nyansh ni

1 Like

Re: Fuel Hike: NANS Set To Shut Down Campuses by buchi16(f): 11:08am On May 16, 2016
wetin students see?? ova hapi go dey do dem nw.....
Re: Fuel Hike: NANS Set To Shut Down Campuses by alowonle02(m): 11:10am On May 16, 2016
Pls why Ekiti NANS putting load on themselves or are they acting according to instruction being given by its state governor in order to be relevant in Ekiti state? Ranting backing and let see d result.
Re: Fuel Hike: NANS Set To Shut Down Campuses by onstelly(f): 11:13am On May 16, 2016
metromediaboss:
The National Association of Nigerian Students (NANS), Ekiti State chapter, is to shut down all tertiary institutions in the state on Tuesday, to protest the hike in the price of Premium motor spirit, fondly called petrol by the federal government.

NANS, in a statement by the chairman of the chapter, Comrade Shina Awopeju, on Sunday, said the astronomical increase of the pump price of petrol from N87 to N145 by President Muhammadu Buhari’s government , was ‘’cruel , wicked, insensitive and brazenly oppressive.’’

Awopeju said all tertiary institutions in the state, both private and public , would be shut down on Tuesday, May 17 in protest if President Buhari refuses to reverse the policy, he described as
ill-timed and obnoxious.

NANS chastised President Buhari for allegedly failing to fulfill his electioneering promises to Nigerians, in spite of the overwhelming supports accorded him during the 2015 presidential poll.

“Nigerians are gradually losing trust in President Buhari ,because what we are getting were not the kind of change we bargained for.

“The federal government should find a way of making our refineries functional and operational than to be increasing fuel price at will,” NANS posited.

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/05/fuel-hike-nans-set-to-shut-down-campuses.html

I am writing exams oh, I don't wanna be part of the protest, they should not postpone my exams oh, cos I have been reading very hard for it

1 Like

Re: Fuel Hike: NANS Set To Shut Down Campuses by lereinter(m): 11:13am On May 16, 2016
Instead of saying Nans ekiti branch

The best statement is Nans fayose branch

1 Like

Re: Fuel Hike: NANS Set To Shut Down Campuses by Nobody: 11:14am On May 16, 2016
misspresident:
OH my...... not again *sad mode*
Fear not... Ekiti state is different from Oyo state...UI is different from EKSU....
See u in school on Monday...
Re: Fuel Hike: NANS Set To Shut Down Campuses by henrygale(m): 11:15am On May 16, 2016
It's about to go down.......let the protest begin. say not violence. Say not to increment in fuel pump price. Say no to suffering!
Re: Fuel Hike: NANS Set To Shut Down Campuses by frisky2good(m): 11:17am On May 16, 2016
Arrest protesting students?

johnmartus:
Police should arrest them at least we have enough spaces in our prison yard across the country and if there is anyone proof stubborn shot him. they think this is jonathan era ?
Re: Fuel Hike: NANS Set To Shut Down Campuses by sanusidabo: 11:20am On May 16, 2016
Useless NANS instead of tackle the atrocities oil marketers in their diversion and selling petrol above ,,#220 the idiots were quite, I call on the students not to allow some unscrupulous elements to jeopardize their academic activities. Be guided warned regards

1 Like

Re: Fuel Hike: NANS Set To Shut Down Campuses by Esperooke(m): 11:26am On May 16, 2016
NANS, Ekiti Branch...? Bunch of violence-mongers..... All they want is Fayose's favour
Re: Fuel Hike: NANS Set To Shut Down Campuses by spartacuz: 11:27am On May 16, 2016
Hahahaha, NANS abi?? But op are u a student?? Ur English sha, e fit cause dry Atlantic Ocean. NANS should go and take a chill pill, hungry students.
Re: Fuel Hike: NANS Set To Shut Down Campuses by kings09(m): 11:30am On May 16, 2016
Tnk God dis is buhari's era. Tnk God u also have a close/distant relative who schools in d country n he/she is likely to join d protest n will also be shot at by ur buhari. Cnt believe ppl like urslf can reason like dis. I dnt tink u live in d country, if nt u wldnt be makin comments such as dis. Y wld a leader shoot evry1 dat opposes his policies. Are Nigerians animals dat will be led witout askin questions abt decisions bn made on their behalf? Chai! Shows u v never held any leadership position before. Nt even in ur community association, now we knw why
johnmartus:
Police should arrest them at least we have enough spaces in our prison yard across the country and if there is anyone proof stubborn shot him. they think this is jonathan era ?
Re: Fuel Hike: NANS Set To Shut Down Campuses by Nobody: 11:42am On May 16, 2016
Rose2014:
Zombies be like

'If all schools close down it's good for the economy. Instead of wasting time in school,students from those schools can start masquerade dressing to boost our economy. Who school don epp?'
Hahaaaa

Re: Fuel Hike: NANS Set To Shut Down Campuses by fldta: 11:43am On May 16, 2016
Disclaimer:
Is NANS fighting the government or themselves by so doing? Buhari lack of common sense is infectious.
dat is it my bro. Buhari is a stack illiterate who won't even send if u are in sch or on strike. they shouldn't do what NLC is supposed to do cos it won't even bother d old idiot
Re: Fuel Hike: NANS Set To Shut Down Campuses by fldta: 11:45am On May 16, 2016
johnmartus:
EWU! U are as brain-dead as PMB
Re: Fuel Hike: NANS Set To Shut Down Campuses by fldta: 11:47am On May 16, 2016
Fmdipo:
what I noticed is that Dollar, Petrol, tomato, etc are going up, network data plans are coming down, what a country?, are we going to browse and download foods?
hahahahahahaahaha, mehn I tire oo

1 Like

Re: Fuel Hike: NANS Set To Shut Down Campuses by jbaby265(f): 11:52am On May 16, 2016
GEJ they said was clueless
what do we call buhari....
Re: Fuel Hike: NANS Set To Shut Down Campuses by ICEFLAME419ja(m): 11:54am On May 16, 2016
Rose2014:
Zombies be like

'If all schools close down it's good for the economy. Instead of wasting time in school,students from those schools can start masquerade dressing to boost our economy. Who school don epp?'

I blame gej, if he didn't build schools for them zombies them no for know how to navigate come dey write trash up in here.

Re: Fuel Hike: NANS Set To Shut Down Campuses by jbaby265(f): 11:54am On May 16, 2016
fldta:
dat is it my bro. Buhari is a stack illiterate who won't even send if u are in sch or on strike. they shouldn't do what NLC is supposed to do cos it won't even bother d old idiot

be truthful...did u vote for "change" or not
Re: Fuel Hike: NANS Set To Shut Down Campuses by ICEFLAME419ja(m): 11:55am On May 16, 2016
[quote author=Rose2014 post=45653074]Zombies be like

I blame gej, if he didn't build schools for them zombies them no for know how to navigate come dey write trash up in here.
Re: Fuel Hike: NANS Set To Shut Down Campuses by ICEFLAME419ja(m): 11:56am On May 16, 2016
[

author=Rose2014 post=45653074]Zombies be like

[/quote]
Re: Fuel Hike: NANS Set To Shut Down Campuses by topkuma(m): 12:01pm On May 16, 2016
Branzy:

wonder if guys like you are aliens, super rich or plain dumb, wishing the arrest and intimidation of the Nigerian student the so called leaders of tomorrow . Students are having a fare share of inflation, now increase in fuel price, do you think we can continue to study on empty stomach Mr man
this not fair to say about Nigeria student
Re: Fuel Hike: NANS Set To Shut Down Campuses by misscall247: 12:41pm On May 16, 2016
bluaero:
Oh Buhari. Why you no get sense
Seriously APC no get sense
Re: Fuel Hike: NANS Set To Shut Down Campuses by Rainmaker69(m): 12:54pm On May 16, 2016
Shouldn't these professional students worry about their academics? Leave the heavy lifting to the adults please. Nans should focus on student equality in schools. By going on strike they're extending an already long sentence.
Re: Fuel Hike: NANS Set To Shut Down Campuses by OlujobaSamuel: 1:00pm On May 16, 2016
when Polytechnics and colleges went on strike for like eternity, this ediots no see reason to shut down schools, na now dey wan shut all tertiary schools, I pity those to be used as target training, even though I detest the government decision on the issue at stake, am not so sure I will align with nans or nlc on this, they are both crooks, including ASUU, asup, nba, nma, etc
Re: Fuel Hike: NANS Set To Shut Down Campuses by Donbrowser26(m): 1:10pm On May 16, 2016
Almajiri1:
I trust The NANS ekiti branch.
Chai if na Ekiti he no dey tey oh

Aluta loading... We are marching out en mass
Re: Fuel Hike: NANS Set To Shut Down Campuses by Nobody: 1:13pm On May 16, 2016
all I see are lazy students who are scared of the coming exams.
we were once students na.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Group Supports 'Operation Show Your Identity', Faults Falana (Photos) / His Death Is A Huge Loss To Nigeria – Peter Obi Mourns Mr Ibu / “His Whereabouts Are Not Hidden” – Bwala Blasts EFCC For Declaring Bello Wanted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.