Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,623 members, 7,820,209 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:24 AM

EFCC Probes Former Govs, Ex-ministers, Recovers N12.7billion From One Individual - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Probes Former Govs, Ex-ministers, Recovers N12.7billion From One Individual (18414 Views)

I'm Shocked To Hear What Buhari’s Ex-Ministers Are Saying About Him - Kukah / Mass Exodus Hits Kebbi APC, As 2 Ex-Dep. Govs, Ex-SSG, 2 Ex-SAs Defect To PDP / Ex-ministers Who Didn’t Make President Buhari’s Cut (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Probes Former Govs, Ex-ministers, Recovers N12.7billion From One Individual by Islie: 11:02am On Oct 12, 2023
Nigeria's anti-corruption body, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) says it has recovered a combined sum of N27,184,357,524.52 and $19,084,419.33 from three different money laundering cases.

The agency disclosed that out of the N27.2 billion recovered, N12.7 billion was from one individual.

According to the commission, it is also investigating former governors, ex-ministers, and several government officials across the country.

The Acting EFCC Chairman, Abdukarim Chukkol, who disclosed this in Lagos, during a media interaction with select journalists, said further efforts were being made by the agency to recover more illicit funds.

According to ThisDay, he added that the agency would soon make public details of its ongoing investigations into the activities of some past leaders.

Chukkol, who was represented by the spokesperson for the commission, Dele Oyewale, said the anti-graft agency had received several petitions against former governors, ex-ministers and government officials.

The anti-graft agency is also carrying out ongoing investigations into some monumental procurement fraud involving some officials of the Federal Ministry of Power and the Ministry of Agriculture.

Oyewale said the anti-graft agency had seized several houses in the Federal Capital Territory, Lagos and Cross River states which are proceeds of funds meant for the Mambilla and Zungeru Power projects that were diverted through sundry Bureau de Change operators.

“In three different cases, the commission has recovered N27,184,357,524.52 and $19,084,419.33. While ongoing recovery is being made, the commission’s works are progressing in line with our mandate as prevention initiatives, risk assessments and recovery efforts are being intensified.

“Petitions were received in respect of several public officials, some of them former governors, some former ministers, and some ministry officials, and investigations are ongoing on those petitions; however, details of their involvements and our investigations will soon be made public.

Also, investigations are ongoing in respect of monumental fraud involving some officials of the Federal Ministry of Power and Agriculture; procurement fraud actually. Funds meant for the Mambilla and Zungeru Power projects are diverted through sundry Bureau de Change operators. For now, several houses purchased with the funds are being recovered. The houses are in Abuja, Lagos and Cross River states,” Oyewale said.

Reminded that some former governors, who are now ministers in the current administration and current members of the National Assembly have allegations of fraud against them, the EFCC boss said investigations were ongoing.

He assured Nigerians that once investigations were concluded, those involved would be persecuted according to the laws of the land irrespective of the office they occupy.

Chukkol explained that the agency was focused more on preventing financial and economic crimes, noting that it was more cost-effective to do so.

“Considering the cost involved in investigating and prosecuting financial crimes and their perpetrators, it is better we prevent them from happening. As a result, EFCC is intensifying its focus on its preventive mandate. We shall be doing more in the area of public enlightenment and more jingles among others,” he said.

https://saharareporters.com/2023/10/12/nigeria-anti-corruption-body-efcc-probes-former-governors-ex-ministers-recovers

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Probes Former Govs, Ex-ministers, Recovers N12.7billion From One Individual by Taylor94: 11:08am On Oct 12, 2023
EFCC was supposed to be an independent body

But here in Nigeria the president appoints EFCC boss INEC boss and other prominent parastatals

And you wonder how those agencies will work when they were solely appointed by the presidency

If EFCC was serious na Tinubu them suppose throw enter jail first let him explain how he made $9billion dollars

Tinubu when your time comes your wealth won’t save you

Thief

58 Likes 9 Shares

Re: EFCC Probes Former Govs, Ex-ministers, Recovers N12.7billion From One Individual by Dedeity: 11:08am On Oct 12, 2023
Until a death penalty is enacted against monumental looting by politicians, this country can't make a head way. The black Africans are naturally heartless

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EFCC Probes Former Govs, Ex-ministers, Recovers N12.7billion From One Individual by Cassandraloius: 11:17am On Oct 12, 2023
Oh dear! NIGERIA is gone!

5 Likes

Re: EFCC Probes Former Govs, Ex-ministers, Recovers N12.7billion From One Individual by slivertongue: 11:45am On Oct 12, 2023
Most of Nigeria's politicians are from hell.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Probes Former Govs, Ex-ministers, Recovers N12.7billion From One Individual by Feramni(m): 1:08pm On Oct 12, 2023
Naija

8 Likes

Re: EFCC Probes Former Govs, Ex-ministers, Recovers N12.7billion From One Individual by INTEGRITYA1(m): 1:08pm On Oct 12, 2023
The agency disclosed that out of the N27.2 billion recovered, N12.7 billion was from one individual.

Can't these people publicize the names of those involved and get them prosecuted accordingly.

Why are they hidden the Identity of corrupt fellows of such magnitude.?

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EFCC Probes Former Govs, Ex-ministers, Recovers N12.7billion From One Individual by CloudTrees(f): 1:08pm On Oct 12, 2023
Please I am indeed of a JOB to earn a LIVING in osun.
I am hoping on people's mercy and kindness. I have been out of job and looking for another way.
I am also In need of financial assistance

opay 906 732 9755
*modified*
I have gotten alot of back lash. I just want help cry

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Probes Former Govs, Ex-ministers, Recovers N12.7billion From One Individual by Sermwell(m): 1:08pm On Oct 12, 2023
Why are they not arrested and prosecuted??
Oh I forgot this is a government of criminals!! grin

EFCC will just be on a cruise parade in the next four years!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Probes Former Govs, Ex-ministers, Recovers N12.7billion From One Individual by obembet(f): 1:09pm On Oct 12, 2023
Omo this country na wa o
Re: EFCC Probes Former Govs, Ex-ministers, Recovers N12.7billion From One Individual by yesloaded: 1:09pm On Oct 12, 2023
I wish they dont re-loot the money
Re: EFCC Probes Former Govs, Ex-ministers, Recovers N12.7billion From One Individual by Oluwadare316(m): 1:09pm On Oct 12, 2023
Alhamdulillah
Who's next on the list😁
Re: EFCC Probes Former Govs, Ex-ministers, Recovers N12.7billion From One Individual by SoNature(m): 1:09pm On Oct 12, 2023
You have been fired! Hand over to the new chairman and leave the stage.

4 Likes

Re: EFCC Probes Former Govs, Ex-ministers, Recovers N12.7billion From One Individual by kunkelhanspeter(m): 1:10pm On Oct 12, 2023

1 Like

Re: EFCC Probes Former Govs, Ex-ministers, Recovers N12.7billion From One Individual by crossbreedwears(m): 1:10pm On Oct 12, 2023
12.7 Billion from one person Omo some people are greedy

1 Like

Re: EFCC Probes Former Govs, Ex-ministers, Recovers N12.7billion From One Individual by Lagosfinder(m): 1:10pm On Oct 12, 2023
This news no complete

Please state their names

1 Like

Re: EFCC Probes Former Govs, Ex-ministers, Recovers N12.7billion From One Individual by Ogonimilitant(m): 1:10pm On Oct 12, 2023
Propaganda government
Re: EFCC Probes Former Govs, Ex-ministers, Recovers N12.7billion From One Individual by israelmao(m): 1:10pm On Oct 12, 2023
Recovered loot which will be relooted by another set of looters.Continuous cycle of looting and relooting .

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Probes Former Govs, Ex-ministers, Recovers N12.7billion From One Individual by Kestolove(m): 1:11pm On Oct 12, 2023
You can now handover to d new boss..

1 Like

Re: EFCC Probes Former Govs, Ex-ministers, Recovers N12.7billion From One Individual by DMerciful(m): 1:11pm On Oct 12, 2023
Propaganda!

BTW, where is Bawa?
Re: EFCC Probes Former Govs, Ex-ministers, Recovers N12.7billion From One Individual by vincenteger: 1:11pm On Oct 12, 2023
They should mention names
Re: EFCC Probes Former Govs, Ex-ministers, Recovers N12.7billion From One Individual by iscom(m): 1:11pm On Oct 12, 2023
Hmmm
Re: EFCC Probes Former Govs, Ex-ministers, Recovers N12.7billion From One Individual by Lovenorth: 1:11pm On Oct 12, 2023
Politicians have failed our country
Re: EFCC Probes Former Govs, Ex-ministers, Recovers N12.7billion From One Individual by flexyrule(m): 1:12pm On Oct 12, 2023
Normal normal.
Re: EFCC Probes Former Govs, Ex-ministers, Recovers N12.7billion From One Individual by theophorus(m): 1:12pm On Oct 12, 2023
Where una put all these monies wen una dey recover like this?

Sha, make everybody know say no be President be our main problem but those "Yeye" Govnor.

How you no go do LG elections?
Infrastructure you still no develop
Workers salaries you no gree pay

Nothing wen you gree do as Govnor examples plenty from Obaseki to Yahaya Bello, Dapo Abiodun, Seyi Makinde (the Social Media Best Govnor) etc...

1 Like

Re: EFCC Probes Former Govs, Ex-ministers, Recovers N12.7billion From One Individual by wittywriter: 1:12pm On Oct 12, 2023
Dedeity:
Until a death penalty is enacted against monumental looting by politicians, this country can't make a head way. The black Africans are naturally heartless
Which political actor will do such or allow for such in the Nigerian political space/terrain?.

CloudTrees:
I am hoping on people's mercy and kindness. I have been out of job and looking for another way.

opay 9067 329 755
Hey stop begging when you can use your internet access to create income...

Wittyness.
Re: EFCC Probes Former Govs, Ex-ministers, Recovers N12.7billion From One Individual by Sermwell(m): 1:12pm On Oct 12, 2023
CloudTrees:

opay 906 732 9755

I have stopped helping people like you on nairaland. My eyes don see shege for una hand!!

Transferred 20k to one idiot on this forum last week just for him to turn out a scam!!

Una mind no go touch ground!! Awon weyrey!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Probes Former Govs, Ex-ministers, Recovers N12.7billion From One Individual by Truthfulguy10: 1:13pm On Oct 12, 2023
Parade them publicly just like you do to them boys , we would like to see their mug shots , stop giving us half baked news!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Probes Former Govs, Ex-ministers, Recovers N12.7billion From One Individual by englishmart(m): 1:13pm On Oct 12, 2023
Very loud audio probe. Laid mahammadus

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Probes Former Govs, Ex-ministers, Recovers N12.7billion From One Individual by honeyB2018: 1:13pm On Oct 12, 2023
Islie:

https://saharareporters.com/2023/10/12/nigeria-anti-corruption-body-efcc-probes-former-governors-ex-ministers-recovers

Please help us ask the EFCC man about the status of God's will Alpabio's case. Since he defected to the APC, no mention of it is ever made of it again. It has never been reported that he went to court, like it was in the days of Bukola Saraki as the Senate President.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Acting President Goodluck Jonathan And His Too Many Grammatical Errors / HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA / "Why Jonathan Could Not Accuse Me Of Corruption" - Amaechi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.