Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,986 members, 7,810,753 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:34 PM

What's Inside Ofe-nsala? Please Help O! Too Sweet, And... - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What's Inside Ofe-nsala? Please Help O! Too Sweet, And... (34063 Views)

See The Nsala (White) Soup That Will Make You Keep Asking For More (Photos,Video / How To Make Ofe Nsala (white Soup) / How To Make Ofe Nsala (White Soup) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Inside Ofe-nsala? Please Help O! Too Sweet, And... by lovediehatelive(m): 7:38am On Dec 16, 2023
Please help o...

Mama Nkechi wee not kee me o.

So yesterday I said let me try something different from her and I bought Ofe Nsala, which was a bit overpriced compared to others.

See as meat full inside!

As I began eating, it was so sweet that I couldn't wait for the next!

Finished it sharparly that I was tempted to go back to Mama Nkechi and ask for more, but I just hold myself.

Now, that isn't all o. I noticed my my waist began acting funny and dancing makosa!

My boy was jumping up and down for joy, and was rock hard, as if I should just...

It was a torture all through the night, and early morning when I woke up, my boy was still hard, standing tall, and I believe he didn't sleep, dancing makosa all through the night, thinking I'll arrange one or two for za oza room enjoyment.

The funny thing is that for some days now, my boy has been kinda sad and gloomy, and doesn't wake up so hard early morning like this.

Please o, what's the secret of this Ofe Nsala which they call white soup.

Google Images

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What's Inside Ofe-nsala? Please Help O! Too Sweet, And... by mariahAngel(f): 11:46am On Dec 16, 2023
Your boy might've responded due to some of the (aromatic) spices used in making the soup.
Spices are natural stimulant that promote blood flow, and are medicinal as well.

That soup, as simple as it is, is one the most nutritious and healthiest there is.

131 Likes 11 Shares

Re: What's Inside Ofe-nsala? Please Help O! Too Sweet, And... by lovediehatelive(m): 4:20pm On Dec 16, 2023
mariahAngel:
Your boy might've responded due to some of the (aromatic) spices used in making the soup.
Spices are natural stimulant, and medicinal as well.

That soup, as simple as it is, is one the most nutritious and healthiest there is.

Interesting.

Isn't it the same ingredients they use for other soups?

Or is there a specific ingredient for making "Ofe Nsala?

6 Likes

Re: What's Inside Ofe-nsala? Please Help O! Too Sweet, And... by Apology19978: 5:08am On Dec 17, 2023
Mad o🤣

3 Likes

Re: What's Inside Ofe-nsala? Please Help O! Too Sweet, And... by lovediehatelive(m): 7:32am On Dec 17, 2023
Apology19978:
Mad o🤣
No be small thing o.

E hold me well well for waist.

Na small thing remain, I for don jazz into asewo house Just like Boogyman557 cheesy

My waist just dey dance makosa o

**In Boogyman's voice**

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Inside Ofe-nsala? Please Help O! Too Sweet, And... by Probz(m): 8:22am On Dec 17, 2023
All sorts.

1 Like

Re: What's Inside Ofe-nsala? Please Help O! Too Sweet, And... by Boogyman557: 3:40pm On Dec 17, 2023
lovediehatelive:

No be small thing o.

E hold me well well for waist.

Na small thing remain, I for don jazz into asewo house Just like Boogyman557 cheesy

My waist just dey dance makosa o

**In Boogyman's voice**

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!
Holly Gram cool Lolz

Respect man...

WTF MAN!

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Inside Ofe-nsala? Please Help O! Too Sweet, And... by lovediehatelive(m): 11:34pm On Dec 17, 2023
Probz:
All sorts.

Any specific ingredient responsible for it

1 Like

Re: What's Inside Ofe-nsala? Please Help O! Too Sweet, And... by lovediehatelive(m): 11:35pm On Dec 17, 2023
Boogyman557:
Holly Gram cool Lolz

Respect man...

WTF MAN!

Twale baba cool

WTF MAN!!!

26 Likes

Re: What's Inside Ofe-nsala? Please Help O! Too Sweet, And... by Probz(m): 5:30pm On Dec 18, 2023
lovediehatelive:

Any specific ingredient responsible for it

That would be telling. And I’m not going to, not this time. When it comes to stuff like this you’ve just got to put your faith in the people who cook it. Authentic nsala soup is not for the next Yoruba person to copy, try-as they might. Anyone who learns, wherever they’re from, can make a nice nsala soup (even if it’s just with chicken and not a catfish in sight) but there are certain hacks and niche ingredients that only Oguta/Aguleri-dem go-know about. But as far as general guidance goes it definitely never hurts to add okpei (dawadawa/iru-equivalent). Start with that if you’re not already adding it.

Maybe the Oguta, Awka and Asaba hacks will be spilled in time. You’re just going to have to watch that space.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Inside Ofe-nsala? Please Help O! Too Sweet, And... by Jewessgratitud3: 3:04am On Dec 22, 2023
Hmmm... Learnt something. That's the only soup I'll be making for oga when I marry.

Nsala soup, Noted. grin

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What's Inside Ofe-nsala? Please Help O! Too Sweet, And... by ATEAMS: 3:48pm On Dec 22, 2023
Taste n see ..

1 Like

Re: What's Inside Ofe-nsala? Please Help O! Too Sweet, And... by gbaskiboy: 3:49pm On Dec 22, 2023
Mama Nkechi has added condiments other than regular condiments used to cook Ofe Nsala. I have not really ate it as much as I desires, someday pepper go rest and I go chop am the way I want.

3 Likes

Re: What's Inside Ofe-nsala? Please Help O! Too Sweet, And... by EmperorCaesar(m): 3:49pm On Dec 22, 2023
Wasnt impressed with his taste and na Mama Ginika even cook am

I guess its just the popular saying that "One man food is another man's..."

Nonetheless, I guess Africans are blessed with delicious meals...they are always adding this to that inside water, pepper and oil

3 Likes

Re: What's Inside Ofe-nsala? Please Help O! Too Sweet, And... by Ikennaford: 3:49pm On Dec 22, 2023
Couldn't remember the last time I ate this ,missed naija natural foods ,you can't see exactly like this here in USA ,even if you see,Lamborghini money

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What's Inside Ofe-nsala? Please Help O! Too Sweet, And... by Omoawoke2(m): 3:49pm On Dec 22, 2023
I love to try out new foods as long as it’s not made in Aba

Human beings wicked sha, make fake food and drinks to poison people so dey fit chop life.

All producers of fake foods and drinks, may you never see happiness in this life. May pain and horrible death be your portion

And worst of all, they make those fake foods and drinks with toxic chemical in the most filthy locations that exist on the map of Nigeria

Please guys, stay safe out there. Watch what you consume, some people want to become onye billionaires and don’t mind poisoning the entire country

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What's Inside Ofe-nsala? Please Help O! Too Sweet, And... by Wealthoptulent(m): 3:50pm On Dec 22, 2023
lovediehatelive:
Please help o...

So yesterday I said let me try something different from her and I bought Ofe Nsala, which was a bit overpriced compared to others.

See as meat full inside!

Finished it sharparly that I was tempted to go back to Mama Nkechi and ask for more, but I just hold myself.

Now, that isn't all o. I noticed my my waist began acting funny and dancing makosa!

My boy was jumping up and down for joy, and was rock hard, as if I should just...

It was a torture all through the night, and early morning when I woke up, my boy was still hard, standing tall, and I believe he didn't sleep, dancing makosa all through the night, thinking I'll arrange one or two for za oza room enjoyment.

The funny thing is that for some days now, my boy has been kinda sad and gloomy, and doesn't wake up so hard early morning like this.

Google Images
At bolded.. na ingrident be the secret OSIM no be fake products grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Inside Ofe-nsala? Please Help O! Too Sweet, And... by bammo: 3:51pm On Dec 22, 2023
Probz:

That would be telling. And I’m not going to, not this time: When it comes to stuff like this you’ve just got to put your faith in the people who cook it. Authentic nsala soup is not for the next Yoruba person to copy, try-as they might. Anyone who learns, wherever they’re from, can make a nice nsala soup (even if it’s just with chicken and not a catfish in sight) but there are certain hacks and niche ingredients that only Oguta/Aguleri-dem go-know about. But as far as general guidance goes it definitely never hurts to add okpei (dawadawa/iru-equivalent). Start with that if you’re not already adding it.

Maybe the Oguta, Awka and Asaba hacks will be spilled in time. You’re just going to have to watch that space.
What's wrong with you angry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Inside Ofe-nsala? Please Help O! Too Sweet, And... by tobenuel(m): 3:51pm On Dec 22, 2023
pls Ofe Nsala is Ofe Nsala not white soup, people should not rename it. Afang soup is Afang soup, I dont think it has any other name. Ewedu is Ewedu also

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Inside Ofe-nsala? Please Help O! Too Sweet, And... by MzErica(f): 3:52pm On Dec 22, 2023
And this crap made it to the frontpage. undecided
lovediehatelive:
Please help o...

See as meat full inside!

Google Images

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's Inside Ofe-nsala? Please Help O! Too Sweet, And... by dondave61(m): 3:53pm On Dec 22, 2023
Show us picture of your boy let's Check something first.
Re: What's Inside Ofe-nsala? Please Help O! Too Sweet, And... by DaTruths: 3:53pm On Dec 22, 2023
Na assorted meats make me dey chop ofe Nsala Aka white Soup.

Best comob with fufu and a chilled Coke or Pepesi.

3 Likes

Re: What's Inside Ofe-nsala? Please Help O! Too Sweet, And... by Kam2021: 3:55pm On Dec 22, 2023
Overrated soup..

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What's Inside Ofe-nsala? Please Help O! Too Sweet, And... by Rebuker(m): 3:56pm On Dec 22, 2023
DaTruths:
Na assorted meats make me dey chop ofe Nsala Aka white Soup.

Best comob with fufu and a chilled Coke or Pepesi.

This mann!!! What about pounded yam?

3 Likes

Re: What's Inside Ofe-nsala? Please Help O! Too Sweet, And... by GboyegaD(m): 3:56pm On Dec 22, 2023
I would think it is the yam is the cause of the sweetness. The aromatics might be responsible for your body's reaction.

1 Like

Re: What's Inside Ofe-nsala? Please Help O! Too Sweet, And... by EmperorCaesar(m): 3:57pm On Dec 22, 2023
Kam2021:
Overrated soup..
cheesy

I swear, i attended an Anglican ceremnoy in Awka(Under Archbishop Alex Ibezim) and this Ofe Nsala and Akpu was part of the menu thaat day.

I tasted it again for the fourth time and like the other three times, I stopped eating and asked to be giving domething else, One of the old women around promised to gift me some item if i try eat half of the meal and she was damn serious but omo, i no fit

I thinks its a great soup but make una calm the hype

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What's Inside Ofe-nsala? Please Help O! Too Sweet, And... by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 3:58pm On Dec 22, 2023
Good food will make you fresh and healthy and fortify your immune system to chase away infectious agents

3 Likes

Re: What's Inside Ofe-nsala? Please Help O! Too Sweet, And... by itsIYKE(m): 4:05pm On Dec 22, 2023
Bu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My New Year Rice 2022 / “yorubas Cook Jollof Rice Better Than Igbos” - Nigerian Man Says / Easter Peppered Chicken Recipe.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.