Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,627 members, 7,816,587 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:32 PM

2016 United Nations Human Development Report For Nigeria. (UNDP HDR) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2016 United Nations Human Development Report For Nigeria. (UNDP HDR) (14239 Views)

Transcript Of President Buhari’s Speech At 72nd United Nations General Assembly / Senate Asks Presidency To Submit Confab Report For Consideration / El-Rufai & His Classmates At United Nations University-Merit, Netherlands (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2016 United Nations Human Development Report For Nigeria. (UNDP HDR) by Yorubanews: 7:53pm On May 16, 2016
scholes0:

they keep thinking we are their mates in everything.....lol
they aren't even in our shadow, talk less being on the same level.

It's rather unfortunate that we allow them to live in our graceful midst. I hope we correct that when this country becomes no more.

2 Likes

Re: 2016 United Nations Human Development Report For Nigeria. (UNDP HDR) by Yorubanews: 7:54pm On May 16, 2016
Ariani:

Miracle centres that allowed northern states to even rank higher than SW states in performance index at WAEC

That's how we know it's fraud. Lol Even you sef sabi use common sense to decode am

2 Likes

Re: 2016 United Nations Human Development Report For Nigeria. (UNDP HDR) by Ariani: 7:56pm On May 16, 2016
Yorubanews:

That's how we know it's fraud. Lol Even you sef sabi use common sense to decode am

Lol! All parts of Nigeria ahead of holy Yoruba in education, are doing miracle centres, except the holy Yorubas.
Re: 2016 United Nations Human Development Report For Nigeria. (UNDP HDR) by scholes0(m): 7:56pm On May 16, 2016
Yorubanews:

While the SW can stand along in regionalism, SE needs SS land/oil nau. They have no access to the sea nor do they have oil (3%) na chicken change.

SW has oil in Lagos, Ondo and Ogun.

to be honest, the SE is no match for the SW is ANYTHING.... people, resources, potential... what have you.
They know it as well as we know it, and that is why they feel the perpetual need to gumbody with the minority tribes of the South to stand on the same pedestal as Yorubas.

loool..... will that work? I highly doubt.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2016 United Nations Human Development Report For Nigeria. (UNDP HDR) by Yorubanews: 7:56pm On May 16, 2016
scholes0:

looo..... you dey mind these people?
Isn't it funny that an Igbo person is choosing to accept data source from a government they CLAIM hates them and is marginalizing them over one from a Globally reputable body?
not to mention that the difference in the sources of data used is less than half a year......
looool

As long as the data says SW<SE they'll believe. The same UN rated SE as safe and they had no problem with that data. I pity my Ibo brothers. They're even celebrating Onitsha's scattered ugly buildings.

4 Likes

Re: 2016 United Nations Human Development Report For Nigeria. (UNDP HDR) by onenaira2: 7:59pm On May 16, 2016
scholes0:

loool slop.... SW forcing itself on SS? That is new...
no be us dey shout SW and SS, SW divided by SS. we are one our own, and we know.

Are you from your own admissions accepting the fact the the SW is the richest geopolitical zone in Nigeria by saying "the gap is small" .... lol, SW is the second most populated zone in Nigeria, so that gap you think is "small" is nothing less than 10 million people.

continue sobbing into your by now drenched pillow.... guy from Abasha.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2578269_a_jpeg14a53cac5a312f3d1ad4980fec051d42

Ntooooor!

Dummy I argued with multiple of your ppl on NL who kept trying to claim their are yolobas in Anioma ( an area I'm from and know u are not one of us). Hell during GEJ conference, a itsekiri community leader had to come out and complain severally because your south west leaders pushed them into the southwest/yoloba delegates. I was also on NL when you lots kept arguing with Edo about being one of y'all ( I can back every thing I just stated with links..you need it cause I'll be more than happy oblige). The reason they mention that South West keep trying to divide SS and SE is because una are. In my beginning years on Nl, I lost how many of una I and several people I had to fight who kept trying to put a wedge between Anioma and SE (y'all still do that shit even till this day). I was on this NL when you lots tried to steal Oyigbo, Egbema, etc who proudly accept their Igbo origin and attach it to ijaw. Infact, their was even an thread from an id Ogoni militant who was supporting a SS and SE unification and you lots descended on it shouting "SE wants your oil". It's harbour watching minority SS mop una to the floor on that thread. Likewise, when the Akwa Ibom guy, NDPVF and uduak I believe dragged una, you lots tried to turn every SS against Akwa Ibom. Let's not forget the NDA bombing, I lost how many of you people opened a thread wailing on how "SE and Igbos are the enemies of SS". Etc. So pathetic.. no wonder nobody in both regions like una excluding maybe itsekiri and urhobo/Isokos.

Anyway, let me repost
In just 2014, you lagged behind in everything you lead in 2013..in just ONE YEAR you fell that backwards and you shamefully try to tell us to listen to a 2013 report over a more recent data. How pathetic...na so your sophisticated be?

I feel bad for una..Always the I get am before mentality while everybody else jeep jumping una in everything. The only thing you got left is poverty rate, which based on the data you just posted, the gap is so small, I can bet everything I got you'll lag in that too soon. grin grin grin heyya ndoooooooo kpele

Now cry me a huge river like you doing now

That gap is small or did you think I forgot the report? The only reason SE had a highest number was because of Ebonyi. Infact, the rest of their states was neck in neck with the rest of SW states. Considering that Ebonyi is currently in a growth basis, likewise their Anambra while the rest of your states, especially Osun, is on a downfall as we speak...I bet you, that poverty rate will become another one of una "I get am before"....quote me on that anyday

1 Like

Re: 2016 United Nations Human Development Report For Nigeria. (UNDP HDR) by Yorubanews: 7:59pm On May 16, 2016
scholes0:

to be honest, the SE is no match for the SW is ANYTHING.... people, resources, potential... what have you.
They know it as well as we know it, and that is why they feel the perpetual need to gumbody with the minority tribes of the South to stand on the same pedestal as Yorubas.

loool..... will that work? I highly doubt.

True words. The SW as region can survive on its own. We've got human resources, oil, foreign investors, tourist zones, minerals, bitumen, etc. SE obviously need SW. Our large population feeds them and their businesses.

Should Yorubas decide on traveling to China to import fake China goods, Ibos should just forget am.

4 Likes

Re: 2016 United Nations Human Development Report For Nigeria. (UNDP HDR) by scholes0(m): 8:00pm On May 16, 2016
Yorubanews:

lol, exactly.
When a report says a state like Borno is having higher pass rates than any state in the West.
then even a third stage psychiatric patient will know, something fishy is smelling..... ol cheesy

3 Likes

Re: 2016 United Nations Human Development Report For Nigeria. (UNDP HDR) by Yorubanews: 8:01pm On May 16, 2016
onenaira2:

Dummy I argued with multiple of your ppl on NL who kept trying to claim their are yolobas in Anioma ( an area I'm from and know u a are not one of us). Hell during GEJ conference, the itsekiri community leaders had to come out and complain severally because your south west leaders pushed them into the southwest/yoloba delegates. I was also on NL when you lots kept arguing with Edo about being one of y'all ( I can back every thing I just stated with links..you need it cause I'll be more than happy oblige). The reason they mention that South West keep trying to divide SS and SE is because una are. In my beginning years on Nl, I lost how many of una I and several people I had to fight who kept trying to put a wedge between Anioma and SE (y'all still do that shit even till this day). I was on this NL when you lots tried to steal Oyigbo, Egbema, etc who proudly accept their Igbo origin and attach it to ijaw. Infact, their was even an thread from an id Ogoni militant who was supporting a SS and SE unification and you lots descended on it shouting "SE wants your oil". It's harbour watching minority SS mop una to the floor on that thread. Likewise, when the Akwa Ibom guy, NDPVF and uduak I believe dragged una, you lots tried to turn every SS against Akwa Ibom. Let's not forget the NDA bombing, I lost how many of you people opened a thread wailing on how "SE and Igbos are the enemies of SS". Etc. So pathetic.. no wonder nobody in both regions like una excluding maybe itsekiri and urhobo/Isokos.

Anyway
In just 2014, you lagged behind in everything you lead in 2013..in just ONE YEAR you fell that backwards and you shamefully try to tell us to listen to a 2013 report over a more recent data. How pathetic...na so your sophisticated be?

I feel bad for una..Always the I get am before mentality while everybody else jeep jumping una in everything. The only thing you got left is poverty rate, which based on the data you just posted, the gap is so small, I can bet everything I got you'll lag in that too soon. grin grin grin heyya ndoooooooo kpele

That gap is small or did you think I forgot the report? The only reason SE had a highest number was because of Ebonyi. Infact, the rest of their states was neck in neck author the rest of SW states. Considering that Ebonyi is currently in a growth basis, likewise their Anambra while the rest of your states, especially Osun, is on a downfall as we speak...I bet you, that poverty rate will become another one of una "I get am before"....quote me on that anyday

We'd take you serious if you were quoting a reliable source like UN.

Truth be told, SE is just SW's little brother. Always lagging behind.

4 Likes

Re: 2016 United Nations Human Development Report For Nigeria. (UNDP HDR) by scholes0(m): 8:02pm On May 16, 2016
onenaira2:
[s]Dummy I argued with multiple of your ppl on NL who kept trying to claim their are yolobas in Anioma ( an area I'm from and know u a are not one of us). Hell during GEJ conference, the itsekiri community leaders had to come out and complain severally because your south west leaders pushed them into the southwest/yoloba delegates. I was also on NL when you lots kept arguing with Edo about being one of y'all ( I can back every thing I just stated with links..you need it cause I'll be more than happy oblige). The reason they mention that South West keep trying to divide SS and SE is because una are. In my beginning years on Nl, I lost how many of una I and several people I had to fight who kept trying to put a wedge between Anioma and SE (y'all still do that shit even till this day). I was on this NL when you lots tried to steal Oyigbo, Egbema, etc who proudly accept their Igbo origin and attach it to ijaw. Infact, their was even an thread from an id Ogoni militant who was supporting a SS and SE unification and you lots descended on it shouting "SE wants your oil". It's harbour watching minority SS mop una to the floor on that thread. Likewise, when the Akwa Ibom guy, NDPVF and uduak I believe dragged una, you lots tried to turn every SS against Akwa Ibom. Let's not forget the NDA bombing, I lost how many of you people opened a thread wailing on how "SE and Igbos are the enemies of SS". Etc. So pathetic.. no wonder nobody in both regions like una excluding maybe itsekiri and urhobo/Isokos.

Anyway

That gap is small or did you think I forgot the report? The only reason SE had a highest number was because of Ebonyi. Infact, the rest of their states was neck in neck author the rest of SW states. Considering that Ebonyi is currently in a growth basis, likewise their Anambra while the rest of your states, especially Osun, is on a downfall as we speak...I bet you, that poverty rate will become another one of una "I get am before"....quote me on that anyday[/s]

lamentations of a crying Abasha man...
I am done with you sorry.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2016 United Nations Human Development Report For Nigeria. (UNDP HDR) by Yorubanews: 8:03pm On May 16, 2016
scholes0:

lol, exactly.
When a report says a state like Borno is having higher pass rates than any state in the West.
then even a third stage psychiatric patient will know, something fishy is smelling..... ol cheesy

If someone should lie, they should do it moderately.
Nigerian Bereau and their fraudulent data (with no replicable methodology) sef na joke.

Imagine comparing a local research to UN. I pity Ibo people lol.

6 Likes

Re: 2016 United Nations Human Development Report For Nigeria. (UNDP HDR) by onenaira2: 8:05pm On May 16, 2016
Yorubanews:

We'd take you serious if you were quoting a reliable source like UN.

Truth be told, SE is just SW's little brother. Always lagging behind.

I take you more seriously if you quote a more recent data report.

Unfortunately for you, SE overshadowed SW in just a year. The only thing you got over them is poverty report which the gap isn't even much. The best you can do is try to ignore a recent report. Na your own headache

I take a 2014 report over 2013 report anyday except maybe the people who declined DRAMASTICALLY (shame)

Again, here's the report

https://www.nairaland.com/2263635/south-east-south-west-south-south-lead-attainment

Biko cry me more rivers. The two you've created already is not enough grin

1 Like

Re: 2016 United Nations Human Development Report For Nigeria. (UNDP HDR) by Yorubanews: 8:06pm On May 16, 2016
scholes0:

lamentations of a crying Abasha man...
I am done with you sorry.

That one will just keep repeating everything. Take anyone that uses fraudulent data serious at your own risk. They'll even have you believing that Iboland is bigger than Oyo state.

4 Likes

Re: 2016 United Nations Human Development Report For Nigeria. (UNDP HDR) by Yorubanews: 8:07pm On May 16, 2016
onenaira2:

I take you more seriously if you quote a more recent data report.

Unfortunately for you, SE overshadowed SW in just a year. The only thing you got over them is poverty report which the gap isn't even much. The best you can do is try to ignore a recent report. Na your own headache

I take a 2014 report over 2013 report anyday except maybe the people who declined DRAMASTICALLY (shame)

Again, here's the report

https://www.nairaland.com/2263635/south-east-south-west-south-south-lead-attainment

Biko cry me more rivers. The two you've created already is not enough grin

When you post Nugeria bureau's methodology, then we can talk about debating them with UN's official data.

1 Like

Re: 2016 United Nations Human Development Report For Nigeria. (UNDP HDR) by Yorubanews: 8:09pm On May 16, 2016
Nigeria's local research without methodology versus UNited Nation's methodology with transparent data. I don't trust data I can't replicate.

Choose your poison.

5 Likes

Re: 2016 United Nations Human Development Report For Nigeria. (UNDP HDR) by Ariani: 8:10pm On May 16, 2016
Paul Anber's essay "Modernization and Political Disintegration: Nigeria and the Ibos" published in the journal of Modern African Studies vol. 5, No 2 (Sep, 1967) 163-179. See pp 171-172 for excerpt:
" '' A system of Universal primary education was introduced in Eastern Nigeria in 1953, though the mission schools had already prospered in the Region long before then. Despite the fact that there was a requirement for limited contributory fees, education continued to be very much in demand. Even at the time when universal primary education was first introduced, the percentage of the population over seven years of age who were literate was higher in the East than in any other Region: East, 10.6 per cent; West 9.5 percent; North, 0.9 percent. Since 1959, the East has had more teachers and pupils than any other area of the country, with the heaviest emphasis on primary education. Figures for elementary and secondary education indicate that the approximate ratio of teachers to population in 1963 was 1 to every 1,500 in the East, 1 to every 2,500 in th West, and 1 for every 10,000 in the north. Other statistical data reveal how rapidly the standard of living rose among Ibos. The East had the most extensive hospital facilities in the country by 1965, the largest regional production of electricity in the country by 1954, and the greatest number of vehicle registrations by 1963. The economic orientation of the Ibos was also reflected through membership of credit associations:in 1963 the East had 68,220 individual members, the west 5,776, and the north a mere 2,407." ''... His source was the Annual Abstract of Statistics ( Federal Office of Statistics, Lagos, 1965)

I pity Yorubas, forever under the great Igbo shadow. The pain must be excruciating.

You can Imagine how painful it was, that Akintola had to deliver the painful Yoruba ronu speech, specially dedicated to the great Igbo.
Re: 2016 United Nations Human Development Report For Nigeria. (UNDP HDR) by onenaira2: 8:11pm On May 16, 2016
Ariani:

Lol! All parts of Nigeria ahead of holy Yoruba in education, are doing miracle centres, except the holy Yorubas.

RIGHT grin grin grin

Even a 2014 report of the government of the nation is false. Na 2013 is more reliable because it favours yoruba.

Lmfaooooooooooooooooo grin grin grin they'll kill us with laughter.

Abeg leave am with their painment. I pity them. Na "I get am before" things

2 Likes

Re: 2016 United Nations Human Development Report For Nigeria. (UNDP HDR) by Ariani: 8:19pm On May 16, 2016
onenaira2:

RIGHT grin grin grin

Even a 2014 report of the government of the nation is false. Na 2013 is more reliable because it favours yoruba.

Igbo pre civil war dominance was too much for them to bear, they thought that the civil war would keep the Igbo down forever, but 4 decades down the line, Boom! They are behind the Igbos again in every single facet of human endeavour.

I appreciate their pain. You need to listen to Akintola "ronu speech" with a Yoruba interpreter to understand how hard it is to live behind the Igbo shadow.

Bear with them. You can't beat a child and take away cry from him, doing that will make you a terrible person.
Re: 2016 United Nations Human Development Report For Nigeria. (UNDP HDR) by SirREX94: 8:21pm On May 16, 2016
MrsNgoziKalu:

Lol cool

Na today? since they migrated down to africa from israel, they have been helping people build their cities, but they have never had the time to build at least one in the place they are from. Lets be sincere with ourselves, which city in SE is in the league of Abj, Lag or PH?
Truth is as bitter as bile! Gosh! Smh!
Re: 2016 United Nations Human Development Report For Nigeria. (UNDP HDR) by YonkijiSappo: 8:52pm On May 16, 2016
lol, Igbos crying all over this thread....eeehya.
Re: 2016 United Nations Human Development Report For Nigeria. (UNDP HDR) by Ilovemystate: 9:17pm On May 16, 2016
scholes0:
The preparation of this 2015 NHDR has been made possible by the contributions and support of many individuals and organizations who generously gave their valuable time and ideas. First and foremost is the UNDP Country Office in Nigeria for providing both financial and technical
support right from inception. The team is particularly grateful for the unwavering guidance and support of the UNDP Nigeria team led by Pa Lamin Beyai (Country Director) and Ojijo Odhiambo (Senior Economic Advisor), Robert Asogwa (National Economist) and Grace Arinze-Ononwu (Economic Research Associate). A special appreciation is also due to Colleen Zamba (immediate former Economic Advisor), who provided valuable input at the onset of the process. The NHDR also benefited greatly from the advice and guidance of the former UNDP Resident Representative, Daouda Toure as well as the former Director-General of NISER, Prof. Olufemi Taiwo.

The following are the main points of the UNDP report on Nigeria.

HEALTH

LIFE EXPECTANCY INDEX FOR NIGERIA

--------------------------------------------------------

EDUCATION

MEAN YEARS OF SCHOOLING IN NIGERIA

NIGERIA'S EDUCATIONAL INDEX

---------------------------------------------------------

WEALTH AND LIVING STANDARD

POVERTY INDEX RANKING FOR NIGERIA

GENDER EQUALITY

GENDER INEQUALITY BY ZONES, NIGERIA

WOMEN IN GAINFUL EMPLOYMENT OUTSIDE AGRICULTURE

SHARE OF WOMEN IN WAGE EMPLOYMENT

POVERTY INCIDENCE BY TOTAL HEADCOUNT RATIO

POVERTY PREVALENCE BY SECTORS AND ZONES

POPULATION TO PUBLIC SPENDING RATIO

NATIONAL POPULATION SHARE AND EXPENDITURES ON EDUCATION, HEALTH & PUBLIC ADMIN

INFANT MORTALITY

INFANT MORTALITY RATES BY ZONES IN NIGERIA

UNDER 5 MORTALITY RATES BY ZONES IN NIGERIA

SOURCE: http://www.ng.undp.org/
Download Page: Research and Publications
National Human Development Report, May 12, 2016.
http://www.ng.undp.org/content/nigeria/en/home/library/

cc: Seun , Mynd44 , Lalasticlala

This is very important
This guy you come with your propagand the report was 2008 to 2013 UN survey, can you show us MDG report I KNOW SINCE UN PRONOUNCED SOUTHEAST AS MOST PEACEFUL REGION, children of hate are now running helterskilter to please their region grin just imagine posting 2008 -2013 survey calling it 2016, I told be you are F star
Re: 2016 United Nations Human Development Report For Nigeria. (UNDP HDR) by Nobody: 10:43pm On May 16, 2016
onenaira2:

RIGHT grin grin grin

Lmaoo I-punk. All these your "emojis and long lols" gaan na proof say this news sting you gaaan cheesy
I see you trying hard to cover it. grin Ko gbagidi grin

You usually don't do this. I'm surprised the other guys didn't notice that cheesy

Just swallow your pride and eat a ddIck hun. It's not that difficult cheesy

While I'm at it, your blother is crying me a yoloba river grin

[img]http://4.bp..com/-Ir5DN_7mwzw/UngEwcH7ppI/AAAAAAAAOpg/cTPq2iBdjWg/s1600/ti.gif[/img]

5 Likes

Re: 2016 United Nations Human Development Report For Nigeria. (UNDP HDR) by Nobody: 10:56pm On May 16, 2016
Meanwhile, any of you mofos that want to spar better come with reliable sources grin

I don't want to see any agbalumo blog nonsense in my mentions

Okaaaaaay? grin

And why isn't this on the FP?

2 Likes

Re: 2016 United Nations Human Development Report For Nigeria. (UNDP HDR) by Ogbuefi2020: 12:27am On May 17, 2016
Yorubanews:
Did anyone really expect SE to beat SW? All their noisemaking starts and ends online. SW will always be the Nigeria's golden egg. Why should Yotubas move to poverty ridden SE?

Even with their miracle centers, they're still behind the SW
Nonesense. Five se states wilk beat five sw states minus nomansland. Continue deceiving yourself
Re: 2016 United Nations Human Development Report For Nigeria. (UNDP HDR) by Yorubanews: 12:36am On May 17, 2016
Ogbuefi2020:

Nonesense. Five se states wilk beat five sw states minus nomansland. Continue deceiving yourself

Lmaoooo grin
Re: 2016 United Nations Human Development Report For Nigeria. (UNDP HDR) by Ilovemystate: 3:10am On May 17, 2016
Yorubanews:
Nigeria's local research without methodology versus UNited Nation's methodology with transparent data. I don't trust data I can't replicate.

Choose your poison.
grin grin post pictures let see grin grin I feel your pains,Igbos were people your leaders and northerners tried destroyed their means of lively hood, intiated evil policies against them to put them down for ever, they have surmounted the evil policies and leading that is what we are witness thisdays, any human development indexes putting them ahead, you can only lie to youself, so of your people have beginning to realise things are falling apart grin grin so MDG survey are Nigeria local research without methodology, chaii! see what you done to yourself grin you brother feel so insecure that way he pulled out 2008 data to console himself and people like you and busy shouting mod FP grin grin un no go kill for laugh for this country.
Re: 2016 United Nations Human Development Report For Nigeria. (UNDP HDR) by Ilovemystate: 3:19am On May 17, 2016
UN millennium development goals report 2015

It's 2015, the deadline for the first set of the Millennium development goals.Download the complete report here: http://www.nigerianstat.gov.ng/pages/download/254GOAL 1: TO ERADICATE EXTREME POVERTY AND HUNGER Target 1c: Halve between 1990 and 2015, the proportion of people who suffer from hunger. Indicator 1.8: Prevalence underweight children under five year of age. In the year 2008, the proportion of underweight children going by the national average was 23.1%. It went up to 27.4% in 2012 but declined to 25.5% in 2014. For lack of data, concrete trend cannot be established with this report. Although Nigeria has attained the hunger target according to other reports, yet more interventions are needed not only for the under-five children but for their mothers in order to alleviate them completely from the scourge of hunger. GOAL 2: ACHIEVE UNIVERSAL PRIMARY EDUCATION Target 2A: Ensure that, by 2015, children everywhere, boys and girls alike, will be able to complete a full course of primary schooling. Indicator 2.1: Net enrolment in primary education. In 2014, The states with very high attendance ratios included Anambra (94%), Delta (92.80), Imo (90.7), Lagos (92), Ondo (92.4), Osun (91.6), Edo (91.0), Ekiti (93.6) and FTC (94.1) while the least were Bauchi (29.9), Sokoto (24.80), Yobe (23.7), Zamfara (37.80). At the national level, the net attendance ratio was 61% in 2008 and it increased to 71% in 2012. In 2014, there was a shortfall of 2.3% and the net attendance for 2014 thus dropped to 68.7%. When classified by sectors, net attendance in the urban (84.3%) was much higher than in the rural areas (62.2%). Across the geopolitical zones, it was very encouraging in the South East (90.5%), South South (88.1%), South West (87%) and North Central (80.2%). But in the North West (50.5%) and particularly North East (42.5%) net attendance was not impressive. Although 100% attendance is expected, the result shows that Nigeria is on track.Indicator 2.2: Primay Six Completion RateNationally completion rate according to fig. 2.2 in 2004 was 82%. It increased to 87.7% in 2012 and dropped to 74.0 in 2014. Within the 2014, the completion rate was higher in the urban (84.4%) when compared with the rural (69.7). In the zones, completion rate was highest in South East (98.7%) zone, followed by South West (94.1%). Primary six completion rate was poorest in the North East (49.5%) zone. Nigeria is also on track. Indicator 2.3: Literacy rate of 15 – 24 years, women The literacy rate of youth women between 2004 and 2014 at the national level increased from 60.4% in 2004 to 80% in 2008. In 2012, it declined to 66%. Although it slightly appreciated in 2014 (66.7%), but that is insignificant. At the state level, literacy of youth women aged 15 – 24 was very encouraging in states like Rivers (98%), Enugu (97%), Imo (95%), Akwa Ibom (95%), Delta (94.1%), Anambra (93%), Ekiti (92.7%), Abia (91.3%). Conversely, literacy rate among woman of age 15 – 24 was poor in Sokoto (10.7%), Bauchi (13%), Yobe (16%) etc. Sectorally, the survey showed that there were more literate youth women (85.3%) in the urban as against the 57.8% recorded in the rural areas. In the zones the literate youth women in the South East (93.5%) were much higher than the rest of the zones. North East (33.0%) and North West (35%) had the lowest percentage of literate youth women in 2014. GOAL 3: PROMOTE GENDER EQUALITY AND EMPOWER WOMENTarget 3.A: Eliminate gender disparity in primary and secondary education preferably by 2005, and at all levels of education no later than 2015. Indictor 3.1: Ratio of girls to boys in Primary and Secondary educationNationally, the gender parity in the primary school in 2008 was 0.9. The interpretation is that in every 9 girls in primary school in 2008, there were 10 boys. It increased to 1.0 in 2012 implying 10 girls in every 10 boys. The parity index increased to 1.02 in 2014. The rural (1.01) and urban (1.01) were equal. The GDIs across the zones were exceedingly encouraging. In the secondary schools in 2012, the gender parity index was 1.02. The decline to 1.01 in 2014 was insignificant. There were no disparity in both the rural (1.0) and urban (90.98) in 2012. Nigeria has already achieved gender parity index as illustrated in fig 3.1a, being a chart of gender parity in both primary and secondary schools distributed by state in 2014. GOAL 4: REDUCED CHILD MORTALITYTarget: Reduce by two thirds between 1990 and 2015, the mortality rate among children under five years old. Indicator 4.1: Under five Mortality Rate (U5MR)About ten years ago specifically 2004 (201), Nigeria’s average under five mortality rate was very high. But right from then, there has been a steady decrease till 2014 when there was a record of only 89 children dying before their fifth birthday in every 1000 live births. See Fig4.1. Although the national average in 2014 was 89, yet some states had numbers much higher than the national average. The states include Kogi (169), Katsina (155), Kaduna (167) etc. The death prevalence in 2014 however was much more in the rural areas with 98 deaths against the 66 in the urban. North West zone with 121 and North East zone with 78 had the highest under five mortality rate than the other zones. South West zone had 45 as the least. If the rate in 2004 is adopted as the base value, it implies that some zones and states would have met the MDGs target on under five mortality before 2015. Indicator 4.2: Infant Mortality Rate (IMR) The deaths of infants under one year per 1,000 live births in Nigeria was also very high in 2004 where 100 children died without seeing their first birth day in every 1,000 live births. The deaths of infants have been on the decrease since 2008 in which 75 infants died per 1000 till 2014 with a record of 58. The prevalence of infant mortality in 2014 was more prominent in the rural areas with a record of 63 deaths than the urban with a record of 46 deaths per 1000 live births. Across the zones, the North West with 77%, followed by South East with 69, had more infants dying without seeing their first birth day in every 1000 live births. Indicator 4.3 – Proportion of one year old children immunized against measles.Measles vaccination is becoming popular and the coverage is improving though slowly. Fig4.3 shows that between 2004 and 2012, the measles vaccination of children under one year of age staggered between 50% and 55.8%. In 2004, there was a record of 50%. It went down to 41.4% in 2008 and appreciated again to 55.8% in 2012. There was a significant increase in 2014 in which 63.1% of children under one year were immunized against measles. The analysis of the survey result by geo-political zones showed that over 80% of one year old children were immunized in South East (82.4%), South West (81.2%) and South South (80.3%). Although North Central (77.0) was not bad, yet North East (42.4) and North West (35.4%) were not encouraging. One year old children were predominantly immunized in the urban areas (56.2%) than the rural areas (39.95). GOAL 5: IMPROVED MATERNAL HEALTH Target 5.A. Reduce by three quarters, between 1990 and 2015, the Maternal Mortality Ratio.The 2004 Maternal Mortality ratio of 800 in every 100,000 live births crashed to 545 in 2008. The performance tracking survey of 2012 recorded a further decrease to 350 per 100,000 live births and the downward trend consistently maintained its course to 2014 with a record of 243 per 100,000 live births. As a remark, the 2014 estimation was strictly based on women within the age bracket of 15 to 49 years, as opposed to the 2012 age bracket of 15 to infinity. The rationale behind this is that the child bearing age for women is within that bracket. Based on this, Nigeria is at the verge of meeting the target on maternal mortality. Indicator 5.2: Proportion of Births attended by skilled health care attendants.A zonal disaggregation of this trend shows that of the children born within the period of reference, South East (89.1%) had the highest record of delivery assisted by skilled birth attendant. Eighty three percent was recorded in South West. North Central and South South zones respectively had a record of 67.2% and 64.4%. The least were in North East (30.8%) and North West (24.8%). Sectorally, the urban areas with 79.2 had higher proportion of deliveries assisted by trained personnel’s while the rural areas had 46.6%. Target 5B: Achieve universal access to reproductive health by 2015Indictor 5.3: Contraceptive Prevalence Rates:This is the percentage of women aged 15 – 49 years that use any method of family planning. The use of contraceptive is gradually gaining general acceptance. In 2004, only 8.2% of women within the stated age bracket used contraceptive measures for family planning. The percentage increased to 14.6% (about 78% increases) in 2008. It appreciated further in both 2012 (17.3%) and 2014 (18.5%). Contraceptive prevalence was highest in South East zone with a of 43%, followed by South West (24.0%). The prevalence in the urban areas (16.7%) was higher than that of the rural (9.7%). Indicator 5.5: Antenatal Care Coverage.In 2008, only 8.2% of the pregnant women attended antenatal for one visit while 44.8% attended for at least 4 visits. In 2012 66.3% of them attended for at least one visit and 57.8% for at least four visits. The record in 2014 was that about 25% of the women that were pregnant never attended antenatal visits. At the same time, 68.9% attended at least once while 60.6% attended for four times and over. The number of visits for antenatal was encouraging in the urban where 75.9% of pregnant women had at least four visits. The rural rears were no exception as 51.6% of the pregnant women visited over four times. With regard to the zones, South East (88.3%) had the highest number of visits. South West (78%), South South (64.1) and North Central (65.80) had encouraging number of antenatal visits. But very few pregnant women in North West (38.1%) and North East (32.9%) attended antenatal up to four times. Indicator 5.6: Unmet Needs for Family PlanningIn 2004, there were about 17% of women in this category. They increased to 20.2% in 2008 and 21.5% in 2012. However, there was a marginal increase in 2014 (22.2%). The prevalence of unmet need was more in the rural sector (22.4%) than the urban (21.8%). Across the zones, there were higher incidences of unmet need in North West (27.4) and North East (25.8%) than the rest of the zones. The experience was very low in the South East (11.4%). GOAL 6: COMBAT HID/AIDS, MALARIA AND OTHER MAJOR DISEASESTarget 6.C: Have halted by 2015 and begun to reverse the incidence of malaria and other major diseasesIndicator 6.3: Percentage of Young Women aged 15 – 24 years with comprehensive knowledge of HIV/AIDsKnowledge of HIV/AIDS and related diseases among the young women is increasing. There is a general consciousness that HIV/AIDS is real. In 2004, only 18.3% of the young ladies within age 15 – 24 years had comprehensive and correct knowledge about HIV/AIDS prevention, and transmission and others. There was a rise in this percentage in 2012 (33%). There was not much difference in the record for 2014 (32.8%). Thus the trend remained at the national level. But in the sectors, the urban areas with 37.8% showed that there were more young women with comprehensive knowledge than the 30.5% in the rural. At the level of the zones, a large percentage of the young ladies in North Central had comprehensive knowledge. Besides the North Central zone were the South East (37.3%), South West (34.3%) and South South zone (33.2%). Both the North West (26.5%) and particularly North East (23.2%) had little proportion of young ladies with comprehensive knowledge about HIV/AIDs. Indicator 6.7: Proportion of children under 5 sleeping in insecticide – treated bed netsIt has to be recalled that only 2.2% of children in 2003 slept in insecticide treated nets. The percentage went up to 34.6% in 2012. The trend showed no difference in 2014 as 34.7% of the children slept in insecticide treated bed nets in the night preceding the survey. Across the sectors showed that the urban areas (41.7%) had more children who slept in insecticide treated bed nets than the rural with a record of 31.2%. In the zone the percentage of children sleeping in insecticide treated bed nets lingered between 47% and 17.8%. Similarly, 28.5% of pregnant women slept in insecticide treated bed nets in 2014 against the 30.3% record of 2012. Majority of the pregnant women were from the South West (45.3%) zone as compared to the least in North East (16%) zone.GOAL 7: ENSURE ENVIRONMENTAL SUSTAINABILITY Target 7.C: Halve by 2015, the proportion of people without sustainable access to safe drinking water and basic sanitation Indicator 7.8: Proportion of population using an improved drinking water source And Indicator 7.9: Proportion of population using an improved sanitation facilityFifty seven percent of Nigeria households had access to improved water source in 2004. In 2008, there was a slight decrease to 55.8 percent. Fifty seven percent was recorded again in 2012 while in 2014 there was an increase to 62.2%. Access to improved sources of drinking water has been unstable in Nigeria. Although in 2014, the urban areas recorded about 74.6% against the 57.6% of the rural, yet access within the zones showed that it was only in South West that a 70.6% access to improved sources was recorded. The rest of the zones lingered between 68% and 53%.
Re: 2016 United Nations Human Development Report For Nigeria. (UNDP HDR) by Yorubanews: 5:12am On May 17, 2016
Ilovemystate:
grin grin post pictures let see grin grin I feel your pains,Igbos were people your leaders and northerners tried destroyed their means of lively hood, intiated evil policies against them to put them down for ever, they have surmounted the evil policies and leading that is what we are witness thisdays, any human development indexes putting them ahead, you can only lie to youself, so of your people have beginning to realise things are falling apart grin grin so MDG survey are Nigeria local research without methodology, chaii! see what you done to yourself grin you brother feel so insecure that way he pulled out 2008 data to console himself and people like you and busy shouting mod FP grin grin un no go kill for laugh for this country.

My people tried to stop a homicidal suicidal general from killing more of his people. If you declare war, expect to pay the price if war. War is not about roses and chocolate.

Who are the people putting Ibos down? You've all really given Yorubas so much power. Yorubas can do and undo abi? Yorubas did this, Yorubas did that. Are we governing the SE? Are we attacking you in the SW? Ibos even per took in Awo's free education. So what's the noise about?

Are you speaking about OBJ? The same man Yorubas voted against but Igbos chose over Ojukwu? You're the cause of your own problems not Yorubas.

That aside,

Yorubanews:
Choose your poison.

1 Like

Re: 2016 United Nations Human Development Report For Nigeria. (UNDP HDR) by Yorubanews: 5:26am On May 17, 2016
Whathaveidone:

Lmaoo I-punk. All these your "emojis and long lols" gaan na proof say this news sting you gaaan cheesy
I see you trying hard to cover it. grin Ko gbagidi grin

You usually don't do this. I'm surprised the other guys didn't notice that cheesy

Just swallow your pride and eat a ddIck hun. It's not that difficult cheesy

While I'm at it, your blother is crying me a yoloba river grin

[img]http://4.bp..com/-Ir5DN_7mwzw/UngEwcH7ppI/AAAAAAAAOpg/cTPq2iBdjWg/s1600/ti.gif[/img]

He does that 'lmaoooooooo' and smiley thing when I'm hitting his nerves.

2 Likes

Re: 2016 United Nations Human Development Report For Nigeria. (UNDP HDR) by jstbeinhonest(m): 5:27pm On Jul 28, 2016
lalasticlala ,this report didnt make fp....or is it fake?.
Re: 2016 United Nations Human Development Report For Nigeria. (UNDP HDR) by oyatz(m): 9:27am On Nov 09, 2017
Tribalism is bad sir.

Yorubanews:
Did anyone really expect SE to beat SW? All their noisemaking starts and ends online. SW will always be the Nigeria's golden egg. Why should Yotubas move to poverty ridden SE?

Even with their miracle centers, they're still behind the SW
Re: 2016 United Nations Human Development Report For Nigeria. (UNDP HDR) by oyatz(m): 9:42am On Nov 09, 2017
Anambra, Enugu, Imo,Abia and Ebonyi States have about 98% Igbo populations, yet people don't flock to go and live there like the Southwest.
If having high percentage of Igbo population is all a place need to develop, then the Igbo land should be the most developed region of Nigeria

Rayhutar:

Because of Lagos that has about 50% Igbos stake in all area of its development

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Calm Returns To Maiduguri Airport After Protest By Soldiers / 56th Independence Day Celebration In Kano Held At Sani Abacha Stadium / APC Chieftain Accused Of Attacking PDP Governor’s Aide In Akwa Ibom. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.