Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:55 AM

Region That Inspired Me, Hate Them Love Them They Keep Moving Forward - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Region That Inspired Me, Hate Them Love Them They Keep Moving Forward (12405 Views)

Femi Fani-kayode Celebrates 57th Birthday With A Game Of Thrones Inspired Cake / 7 Reasons Why FG Is Moving To Re-arrest Nnamdi Kanu / "Nobody Can Stop Us From Moving Our Cattle Around Nigeria"-fulani Herdsmen Warns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Region That Inspired Me, Hate Them Love Them They Keep Moving Forward by raker300: 6:25pm On May 16, 2016
dontaskdonttell:
The thread has been invaded by tribal worries, seriously we need God intervention in this country.

Who will unite us? That my humble question
your thread has over 900 views but only 32 comments..shows you how petty the people you want to unite are.

If it was a thread for insults on the east, trust me, you'd get 10000 comments already

6 Likes

Re: Region That Inspired Me, Hate Them Love Them They Keep Moving Forward by EasternLion: 6:52pm On May 16, 2016
Abagworo, may Amadioha butcher you in sleep. Traitor.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Region That Inspired Me, Hate Them Love Them They Keep Moving Forward by mamawin(f): 6:54pm On May 16, 2016
Sctests:
Will the yorubas like this thread? grin
why not? the op has stated so many fact up there, I said it here once, and I will say it again, let all Nigerian youths read d book EMEKA, by Frederic Forsythe, with a clear mind, you will understand d op better. meanwhile, I am Yoruba, proudly, and I am a Nigerian

7 Likes

Re: Region That Inspired Me, Hate Them Love Them They Keep Moving Forward by mamawin(f): 6:54pm On May 16, 2016
Sctests:
Will the yorubas like this thread? grin
why not? the op has stated so many facts up there, I said it here once, and I will say it again, let all Nigerian youths read d book EMEKA, by Frederic Forsythe, with a clear mind, you will understand d op better. meanwhile, I am Yoruba, proudly, and I am a Nigerian

1 Like

Re: Region That Inspired Me, Hate Them Love Them They Keep Moving Forward by Nobody: 7:04pm On May 16, 2016
We Igbos are naturally blessed. It didn't start today. As you can read from the following excerpts

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Region That Inspired Me, Hate Them Love Them They Keep Moving Forward by kel5000(m): 7:35pm On May 16, 2016
Lala...kilo feel?
Re: Region That Inspired Me, Hate Them Love Them They Keep Moving Forward by Ilovemystate: 7:36pm On May 16, 2016
Mod can you move this to front page if it was bad news it will hit FP

2 Likes

Re: Region That Inspired Me, Hate Them Love Them They Keep Moving Forward by pete26(m): 8:00pm On May 16, 2016
@OP I must say that your write up is good and quite insightful but you extensively talked about one nigeria and then went further to focus on the easteners alone that might create a bit of a controversy. As u can see from some of the comments some are already being tribalistic, which is the reason I think you either should have focused on the east from the beginning and tell us about your experience there or also highlight points concerning other parts of the country and how we can work together as a nation.
Nice job tho.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Region That Inspired Me, Hate Them Love Them They Keep Moving Forward by Rayhutar(m): 8:11pm On May 16, 2016
This is great
Re: Region That Inspired Me, Hate Them Love Them They Keep Moving Forward by Daniel058(m): 8:14pm On May 16, 2016
pete26:
@OP I must say that your write up is good and quite insightful but you extensively talked about one nigeria and then went further to focus on the easteners alone that might create a bit of a controversy. As u can see from some of the comments some are already being tribalistic, which is the reason I think you either should have focused on the east from the beginning and tell us about your experience there or also highlight points concerning other parts of the country and how we can work together as a nation.
Nice job tho.
Another TRIBALIST spotted..

4 Likes

Re: Region That Inspired Me, Hate Them Love Them They Keep Moving Forward by Yorubanews: 8:17pm On May 16, 2016
Lol so apartments and houses scattered everywhere with no urban planning means development? I dey come with my Ibadan pictures cheesy

Hate it love Ibadan, we shall continue to grow.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Region That Inspired Me, Hate Them Love Them They Keep Moving Forward by pete26(m): 8:22pm On May 16, 2016
Daniel058:
Another TRIBALIST spotted..
you definitely have issues with comprehension. Do you know if I'm from the east? Go through the op's write up and go through mine and understand clearly my point. I'll definitely entertain a matured perspective different from mine

3 Likes

Re: Region That Inspired Me, Hate Them Love Them They Keep Moving Forward by Ilovemystate: 8:37pm On May 16, 2016
Yorubanews:
Lol so apartments and houses scattered everywhere with no urban planning means development? I dey come with my Ibadan pictures cheesy

Hate it love Ibadan, we shall continue to grow.
grin grin here comes the loser that any good news from east give high bp grin very jealous nigga, same boy, kept posting bed rooms, kitchen private compound etc when UN pronounced east as most peaceful region, the low life keep disgracing himself and his tribes men, what a loser grin

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Region That Inspired Me, Hate Them Love Them They Keep Moving Forward by Ilovemystate: 9:29pm On May 16, 2016
mamawin:
why not? the op has stated so many facts up there, I said it here once, and I will say it again, let all Nigerian youths read d book EMEKA, by Frederic Forsythe, with a clear mind, you will understand d op better. meanwhile, I am Yoruba, proudly, and I am a Nigerian
Thanks dear I'll look for the book

1 Like

Re: Region That Inspired Me, Hate Them Love Them They Keep Moving Forward by nawtyme: 9:39pm On May 16, 2016
OP you visited urban areas and you are surprised, go to interior villages and see what young men are doing. Visit places in Mbaise, Abriba, Ohafia, Arochukwu, Adaziani, and so many other villages, and see for yourself. I went to Anambra for a traditional marriage, and lodged in a hotel owned by Tonimas. You would never in your wildest dream believe that such a magnificent hotel existed in such a community. We love competition, and the more other tribes try to break us, we strive to better ourselves. Few years, it was said that those from anambra do not go to school, that they only know business. What do we have today? Educationally they have met up with and even out done other Igbo states, and the other Igbo states are struggling to out do Anambra, and that leads to the massive educational breakthrough we are experiencing in the east. We can never be broken, no matter how hard they try. We will see them as competition, and outdo them.

Cheers bro.

Please Agbaworo, stay off this thread.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Region That Inspired Me, Hate Them Love Them They Keep Moving Forward by Ilovemystate: 9:45pm On May 16, 2016
nawtyme:
OP you visited urban areas and you are surprised, go to interior villages and see what young men are doing. Visit places in Mbaise, Abriba, Ohafia, Arochukwu, Adaziani, and so many other villages, and see for yourself. I went to Anambra for a traditional marriage, and lodged in a hotel owned by Tonimas. You would never in your wildest dream believe that such a magnificent hotel existed in such a community. We love competition, and the more other tribes try to break us, we strive to better ourselves. Few years, it was said that those from anambra do not go to school, that they only know business. What do we have today? Educationally they have met up with and even out done other Igbo states, and the other Igbo states are struggling to out do Anambra, and that leads to the massive educational breakthrough we are experiencing in the east. We can never be broken, no matter how hard they try. We will see them as competition, and outdo them.

Cheers bro.

Please Agbaworo, stay off this thread.
one battle of hero for u grin

5 Likes

Re: Region That Inspired Me, Hate Them Love Them They Keep Moving Forward by nawtyme: 9:51pm On May 16, 2016
Ilovemystate:

Thanks dear I'll look for the book
You can add "THE MAKING OF AN AFRICAN LEGEND". It was authored by the same Fredrick forsyth. My Dad refused to let go of his own copy and after reading that book many years ago, I got mine. I would advice every Igbo youth to get this book and read.

5 Likes

Re: Region That Inspired Me, Hate Them Love Them They Keep Moving Forward by Yorubanews: 9:55pm On May 16, 2016
Ilovemystate:

grin grin here comes the loser that any good news from east give high bp grin very jealous nigga, same boy, kept posting bed rooms, kitchen private compound etc when UN pronounced east as most peaceful region, the low life keep disgracing himself and his tribes men, what a loser grin

You don't remember jealous when Ibos invade Ibadan threads to post Onitsha images? We're all in this together. Pele grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Region That Inspired Me, Hate Them Love Them They Keep Moving Forward by nawtyme: 9:56pm On May 16, 2016
Ilovemystate:

one battle of hero for u grin
Nwanne make it two. One would not be enough for me. grin
Re: Region That Inspired Me, Hate Them Love Them They Keep Moving Forward by Yorubanews: 9:57pm On May 16, 2016
Onitsha is full of houses and hotels, Ibadan is urbanizing with businesses and of course, houses

Ibadan

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Region That Inspired Me, Hate Them Love Them They Keep Moving Forward by Yorubanews: 9:59pm On May 16, 2016
Onitsha vs Ibadan

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Region That Inspired Me, Hate Them Love Them They Keep Moving Forward by Yorubanews: 10:01pm On May 16, 2016
Ibadan vs onitsha

Ibadan Pictures

Re: Region That Inspired Me, Hate Them Love Them They Keep Moving Forward by nawtyme: 10:02pm On May 16, 2016
Please guys, let us try as much as we can not to reply this yorubanews guy.
Re: Region That Inspired Me, Hate Them Love Them They Keep Moving Forward by Nobody: 10:04pm On May 16, 2016
Another city is fast rising quietly in the hilly forest of Enugu....Come to these areas in 5yrs time,to see what they would have become......

5 Likes

Re: Region That Inspired Me, Hate Them Love Them They Keep Moving Forward by Yorubanews: 10:04pm On May 16, 2016
How does Ibadan, a larger city compare with onitsha the size of lake Michigan? grin

Ibadan pictures

Re: Region That Inspired Me, Hate Them Love Them They Keep Moving Forward by Yorubanews: 10:06pm On May 16, 2016
Ibadan is another growing city in the SW

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Region That Inspired Me, Hate Them Love Them They Keep Moving Forward by arresa: 10:06pm On May 16, 2016

Original Lekki Ikoyi Bridge

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3721066_371655713221629102089638549094471399244864648037598njpegbd8702556400c59bcc00f06e077fe7ca_jpegd0aedcea15d6d1ef806fe86282754f4e

Fake village made poor man's copycat red mud gather bridge with 2 metal clipper on top...

smh.....

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Region That Inspired Me, Hate Them Love Them They Keep Moving Forward by Yorubanews: 10:07pm On May 16, 2016
Ibadan kiss

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Region That Inspired Me, Hate Them Love Them They Keep Moving Forward by Yorubanews: 10:09pm On May 16, 2016
The Ibadan you've never seen before. Gorgeous!!! It's the place to be grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Region That Inspired Me, Hate Them Love Them They Keep Moving Forward by Nobody: 10:10pm On May 16, 2016
We are not competing with anybody, we just do our things,in our own way, for our own self to our own taste to suit our own identity as a people created by Chukwu abi ama.

7 Likes

Re: Region That Inspired Me, Hate Them Love Them They Keep Moving Forward by Yorubanews: 10:11pm On May 16, 2016
You can try to pull Ibadan down with old pictures, but it's a city that never dies. It's the ancient city of Yorubaland.

Tourism in Ibadan

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Region That Inspired Me, Hate Them Love Them They Keep Moving Forward by Ilovemystate: 10:12pm On May 16, 2016
nawtyme:

Nwanne make it two. One would not be enough for me. grin

grin grin no wahala we rock some people are seriously having their worst nightmares, you remember one pastor that saw Igbo giant chasing him in dream, that what the low life is experiencing grin grin inferiority complex at the peak cry

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Justice John Tsoho Sworn-In As Acting Chief Judge Of The Federal High Court / 42 Ambassadors Await Postings 96 Days After Senate Confirmation / Appeal Court Sets Aside Judgment Sacking Anambra PDP’s Excos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.