Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:54 AM

Region That Inspired Me, Hate Them Love Them They Keep Moving Forward - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Region That Inspired Me, Hate Them Love Them They Keep Moving Forward (12406 Views)

Femi Fani-kayode Celebrates 57th Birthday With A Game Of Thrones Inspired Cake / 7 Reasons Why FG Is Moving To Re-arrest Nnamdi Kanu / "Nobody Can Stop Us From Moving Our Cattle Around Nigeria"-fulani Herdsmen Warns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Region That Inspired Me, Hate Them Love Them They Keep Moving Forward by Yorubanews: 5:19am On May 17, 2016
Ilovemystate:

Village head how many did Aregbe build in Osun lakki bridge it's PP project that why it been tail by JB, the three flyovers in Awka are tail free, and mind you they are still under construction, I can see you are pained cry children of jealousy tribe, wicked minds that exactly what Op was saying

Let me know when y'all open another thread.
Re: Region That Inspired Me, Hate Them Love Them They Keep Moving Forward by Ilovemystate: 7:39am On May 17, 2016
Yorubanews:

Let me know when y'all open another thread.

Are you a witch see the time you quoted me, you have been discracing yourself, your life must be miserable, because miserable this happen in your slum city of Ibadan, Ibadan a city that host highest number of mental illness cases, a city that host highest number of hoodlums, human ritual city and highest number of ritual dens, Ibadan headquarter of all evil fraternity, a city were a fish turned to human being in broad daylight, your life must be miserable, don't worry you have found you last bus stop, I will cure your miserable life IJN. I'll alart you when I'm ready
Re: Region That Inspired Me, Hate Them Love Them They Keep Moving Forward by Ilovemystate: 10:17am On May 17, 2016
Obijackson Hospital Okija Anambra state

1 Like

Re: Region That Inspired Me, Hate Them Love Them They Keep Moving Forward by Yorubanews: 3:58pm On May 17, 2016
Ilovemystate:

Are you a witch see the time you quoted me, you have been discracing yourself, your life must be miserable, because miserable this happen in your slum city of Ibadan, Ibadan a city that host highest number of mental illness cases, a city that host highest number of hoodlums, human ritual city and highest number of ritual dens, Ibadan headquarter of all evil fraternity, a city were a fish turned to human being in broad daylight, your life must be miserable, don't worry you have found you last bus stop, I will cure your miserable life IJN. I'll alart you when I'm ready

Lmao. You sound pained. Just holla when you open a new thread.
Re: Region That Inspired Me, Hate Them Love Them They Keep Moving Forward by mandarin: 4:40pm On May 17, 2016
raker300:
Op, why are you praising other tribes for the development in the east?

The easterners have been the sole of their own development.

Look deep in those pictures and tell me if you see a project financed by the federal government or any other tribe in Nigeria.

These are the folks taunting easterners for being politically irrelevant while they gloat on how their fathers "leveled" the east.

The east has been on a silent revolution with every state working hard to outshine the other, the healthy competition is what you see in those pictures.

I do not know how old you are sir/ma but we must all admit that your states just like every other state in Nigeria receive Federal Allocations. These states also benefited from post war reconstructions and humanitarian donations. Haba! enough of preaching self- aggradisement and obsession with self love, ego and pride which the Bible says leads to destruction.
All core Igbo states received allocation from the Federal Government, many of them end up in individual's pocket some of which are carried abroad and some built some of those structures the @op showed us, this is everywhere in Nigeria and no part of this country can absolve itself of having not benefited from the incomes of this country.
I once heard that Onitsha- Owerri road was contracted severally to indigenes of that area but the work was not executed, now part of the money for the road would have found its way into construction of various buildings and even private businesses etc. The road will remain undone and people will think its the government that neglected them, no dear, its our people who through self love built estates and palaces for themselves but leave the poor to ride on their feet while dinning inside SUVs.
The efforts of the Igbo people are commendable especially in trading but we must begin to look beyond importations which drain our economy and enrich traders. You must also realize that what majority of traders sell depends on the market provided elsewhere. Take for instance, if there are a million Igbo traders in Kano, its just a common sense to know that aside these a million traders there are buyers with purchasing power that patronoze them or all others are also Igbo?

I just want everyone to see that across Nigeria are structure like the @op saw. Let's just be rational a bit for instance, the South east is a concentartion of 14million plus people in an area that is about the size of Oyo State or Benue State(if am not mistaken), just cramp all the houses elsewhere in Middle Belt or Southwest region there and see if you wont have a densely populated kind of settlements that can easily be convincing. I mean, bring together for all cities and major towns in Northwest into that space.
My people, the governors in the East have less roads to asphalt than Borno/Yobe/Adamawa and just a little more infrastructures that Lagos should provide in terms of population( I did not mean to deride them please) so what have they done with trillions they have received since the advent of democracy in 1999. You will agree that every part of Nigeria is affected and every limitation before the South East is also before people in other regions and I don't mean to say there aren't no reasons for grieviances
Re: Region That Inspired Me, Hate Them Love Them They Keep Moving Forward by raker300: 5:20pm On May 17, 2016
mandarin:

I do not know how old you are sir/ma but we must all admit that your states just like every other state in Nigeria receive Federal Allocations. These states also benefited from post war reconstructions and humanitarian donations. Haba! enough of preaching self- aggradisement and obsession with self love, ego and pride which the Bible says leads to destruction.
All core Igbo states received allocation from the Federal Government, many of them end up in individual's pocket some of which are carried abroad and some built some of those structures the @op showed us, this is everywhere in Nigeria and no part of this country can absolve itself of having not benefited from the incomes of this country.
I once heard that Onitsha- Owerri road was contracted severally to indigenes of that area but the work was not executed, now part of the money for the road would have found its way into construction of various buildings and even private businesses etc. The road will remain undone and people will think its the government that neglected them, no dear, its our people who through self love built estates and palaces for themselves but leave the poor to ride on their feet while dinning inside SUVs.
The efforts of the Igbo people are commendable especially in trading but we must begin to look beyond importations which drain our economy and enrich traders. You must also realize that what majority of traders sell depends on the market provided elsewhere. Take for instance, if there are a million Igbo traders in Kano, its just a common sense to know that aside these a million traders there are buyers with purchasing power that patronoze them or all others are also Igbo?

I just want everyone to see that across Nigeria are structure like the @op saw. Let's just be rational a bit for instance, the South east is a concentartion of 14million plus people in an area that is about the size of Oyo State or Benue State(if am not mistaken), just cramp all the houses elsewhere in Middle Belt or Southwest region there and see if you wont have a densely populated kind of settlements that can easily be convincing. I mean, bring together for all cities and major towns in Northwest into that space.
My people, the governors in the East have less roads to asphalt than Borno/Yobe/Adamawa and just a little more infrastructures that Lagos should provide in terms of population( I did not mean to deride them please) so what have they done with trillions they have received since the advent of democracy in 1999. You will agree that every part of Nigeria is affected and every limitation before the South East is also before people in other regions and I don't mean to say there aren't no reasons for grieviances
how dare you type this nonsense. Who gave who which money to develop East? When the federal government declared abandoned property on igbo properties outside the east and also collected igbo people's money in banks and gave them 60£ each. Many companies you see today were owned by igbos but it was forcefully collected from the igbos.

The government gave no development dues to anymore all the federal government did was to rebuild damaged federal building in the east

1 Like

Re: Region That Inspired Me, Hate Them Love Them They Keep Moving Forward by mandarin: 5:35pm On May 17, 2016
raker300:
how dare you type this nonsense. Who gave who which money to develop East? When the federal government declared abandoned property on igbo properties outside the east and also collected igbo people's money in banks and gave them 60£ each. Many companies you see today were owned by igbos but it was forcefully collected from the igbos.

The government gave no development dues to anymore all the federal government did was to rebuild damaged federal building in the east

You can check me up, I don't join issues with emotional elements on Nairaland. I do intellectual discourse and will take you for an ignorant(permit me please).
Please name those companies taken forcefully from Igbo that others lived on and abandoned properties in which part of Nigeria? I honestly respect the doggedness of our people but to praise the frailties of man to such high heavens as to make angels weep is the height of self destruction!
Re: Region That Inspired Me, Hate Them Love Them They Keep Moving Forward by Ezemust: 6:22pm On May 17, 2016
nawtyme:

I told a book hawker at RTC park in water line to look for the book at all cost for me and gave him my number. When he got the book, he called me and I asked someone to go and pick it up and send to Abuja for me. But this happened long ago. I suggest you try the hawkers, or go to a good book shop and ask for it.
uosh. am in Kebbi state. no hope for me then.
Re: Region That Inspired Me, Hate Them Love Them They Keep Moving Forward by SonOfEl(m): 11:11pm On May 18, 2016
Yorubanews:

Nahhhh grin But you can hang yourself. Multiple IDs

Your teeth only shows more of your hidden misery. Sorry.

1 Like

Re: Region That Inspired Me, Hate Them Love Them They Keep Moving Forward by rummmy: 2:14am On May 19, 2016
raker300:
They wer busy making mouth with Lagos, East was silently developing. When the east spread their wings and fly, we go know who strong pass
no brown roof?
Re: Region That Inspired Me, Hate Them Love Them They Keep Moving Forward by rummmy: 2:22am On May 19, 2016
nawtyme:

Nwanne make it two. One would not be enough for me. grin
shocked
Re: Region That Inspired Me, Hate Them Love Them They Keep Moving Forward by rummmy: 2:25am On May 19, 2016
Yorubanews:
Onitsha is full of houses and hotels, Ibadan is urbanizing with businesses and of course, houses

Ibadan

oga where are the brown roofs,ibadan symbol nau?

2 Likes

Re: Region That Inspired Me, Hate Them Love Them They Keep Moving Forward by rummmy: 2:34am On May 19, 2016
Yorubanews:

You Ibos can lie. Ibadan has been one of the most neglected city in the SW. Stop discrediting another man's work to make yourself look good. Many of the buildings you see there are personal owners. Ah ahnn liars. Federal ko
what is wrong with you brother,are u sure u are ok?

2 Likes

Re: Region That Inspired Me, Hate Them Love Them They Keep Moving Forward by rummmy: 2:45am On May 19, 2016
mandarin:

You can check me up, I don't join issues with emotional elements on Nairaland. I do intellectual discourse and will take you for an ignorant(permit me please).
Please name those companies taken forcefully from Igbo that others lived on and abandoned properties in which part of Nigeria? I honestly respect the doggedness of our people but to praise the frailties of man to such high heavens as to make angels weep is the height of self destruction!
which humanitarian donations did east get after the war,the FG never implimented the 3R(reconstruction,rehabiltation and renovation if am right)till date but was quick to rehabilitate the NE..... we dont ask for pity bc i am sure we must get there....call me IPOB if u like

4 Likes

Re: Region That Inspired Me, Hate Them Love Them They Keep Moving Forward by Ilovemystate: 7:23pm On Jun 26, 2016
rummmy:
what is wrong with you brother,are u sure u are ok?
The guy is really pained, any successful story about Igbos give him high BP

1 Like

Re: Region That Inspired Me, Hate Them Love Them They Keep Moving Forward by SlayerSupreme: 8:32pm On Jun 26, 2016
Beautiful Opening Post. Igbos survive no matter the odds. Proudly Easterner

2 Likes

Re: Region That Inspired Me, Hate Them Love Them They Keep Moving Forward by Anambra1stSon(m): 10:52pm On Oct 25, 2016
SlayerSupreme:
Beautiful Opening Post. Igbos survive no matter the odds. Proudly Easterner
exactly
Re: Region That Inspired Me, Hate Them Love Them They Keep Moving Forward by chukagora(m): 11:55pm On Oct 25, 2016
In streets in Onitsha you see 4/6 storied buildings throughout the length of that street u hardly see a 1/2 storied buildings. There's no month new houses Are not finished or started.
Re: Region That Inspired Me, Hate Them Love Them They Keep Moving Forward by oyatz(m): 1:17pm On Mar 24, 2017
Abeg stop this comparison, its unnecessary. Just ignore tribal bigots that always shout Ibadan is 'all brown roofs' on nairaland.
Yorubanews:
Last post for now.

Onitsha is like 1/5 of Ibadan. Ibadan has more areas to cover.

Ibadan to sho! grin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2392573_random17_jpgb08e277b5f88ea92dbd22280b27cc437

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2392833_drum_jpegd6af3d73f671f7d32e31c61b43ac9730

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2392782_oldtownib3_jpeg3a8dc2927a66e6036f7a963a28b4a813

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ajimobi Flags-off Reactivation Of Oyo-ogbomosho Road Project / Canadian Governor General, Explains Why Nigeria Must Own Comm Satellite / We’ll No Longer Recognise Results Obtained Under Duress – INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.