Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,467 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:23 AM

Financial sector workers urged to obey NLC on strike - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Financial sector workers urged to obey NLC on strike (34007 Views)

Open Letter To Obey Ezekwesili: You Have Become Their Laughing Stock / PDP Convention: We Don’t Know Which Judge To Obey, Says INEC / My Advice To President Buhari And The NLC On Fuel Subsidy Removal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Financial sector workers urged to obey NLC on strike by tinsel: 9:46pm On May 17, 2016
Vanguard is really working hard.

2 Likes

Re: Financial sector workers urged to obey NLC on strike by aljharem(m): 9:49pm On May 17, 2016
Almajiri1:
I hope businesses that disobey Labour ain't setting themselves up to be looted?

I pray, hope, beg that they get looted and beaten
Re: Financial sector workers urged to obey NLC on strike by Almajiri1: 9:52pm On May 17, 2016
aljharem:

I'm sure such business premises are the first places the masses will show their anger on.
Re: Financial sector workers urged to obey NLC on strike by opius: 9:53pm On May 17, 2016
NLC and TUC i standa gidigba for back

2 Likes

Re: Financial sector workers urged to obey NLC on strike by aljharem(m): 9:55pm On May 17, 2016
Almajiri1:

I'm sure such business premises are the first places the masses will show their anger on.

I am telling you, the hardship is just too much. I have told my family and friends not to open their shop, if they do, it is at their own risk
Re: Financial sector workers urged to obey NLC on strike by nextstep(m): 9:57pm On May 17, 2016
So they care about the welfare of Nigerians yet want to shut the entire country down? This will disrupt and hurt the economy more than the fuel price. Most of us are already buying fuel at around #145, so this latest government action doesn't really mean much, and strike is just going to do more harm than good.

In fact, when is the last time that NLC strike provided us with any long-term benefit? Occupy Nigeria only pushed the painful decision about stopping subsidies to now, but didn't really address the underlying issue of non-functional refineries.

How are we supposed to go to work, do business, or buy goods if the financial system is crippled? These people think that strike is going to affect the ogas at the top. Na lie... na we go suffer am. Smh

2 Likes

Re: Financial sector workers urged to obey NLC on strike by Nobody: 10:00pm On May 17, 2016
grin wink grin grin grin Cheap Government Forex don dey dry up for una Vault abi ! grin angry grin grin
Re: Financial sector workers urged to obey NLC on strike by ibkgab001: 10:03pm On May 17, 2016
By the way where is that unfortunate Tinubu

1 Like

Re: Financial sector workers urged to obey NLC on strike by Spanner4(m): 10:04pm On May 17, 2016
Naija Naija Naija
Jaga Jaga Jaga

Watching wat gonna happen
Re: Financial sector workers urged to obey NLC on strike by 18wheeler: 10:05pm On May 17, 2016
Validated:

Shebi ATM go dey work ooo!
No put us for trouble o! Abeg. ATM is still bank work.
I remember when NLC nearly attacked me back in Katsina because my ATM was working during Goodluck fuel price increase strike back in 2012. I no dey o!
Re: Financial sector workers urged to obey NLC on strike by Captain22: 10:06pm On May 17, 2016
I dey come make I go withdraw money for ATM

2 Likes

Re: Financial sector workers urged to obey NLC on strike by tadenusi: 10:07pm On May 17, 2016
[quote author=Branzy post=45687560]THE National Union of Banks, Insurance and Financial Institutions Employees, NUBIFIE, yesterday, asked bank workers to comply with the directive by organised labour to stay at home from tomorrow should government fail to reverse the hike in the pump price of petrol.
NUBIFIE, in a statement by its President and General Secretary, Danjuma Musa and Mohammed Sheiki, respecti-vely, also called on manage-ment of banks to comply with the sit-at-home directive “in the interest of our organisation and the masses of Nigeria.”
According to the statement, after an emergency meeting of the union, where the current hike in the pump price of petrol by the government was discussed, the union, having reviewed the implications of such action on the already impoverished Nigerians, had resolved to join hands with the organised labour and all civil society allies to resist the hike.
It said: “We condemn the unilateral increase, as we have seen before that the solution to perennial scarcity of petroleum products can never be addressed by merely increasing pump price of petroleum products.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/financial-sector-workers-urged-obey-nlc-strike/
Good idear.
Re: Financial sector workers urged to obey NLC on strike by Almajiri1: 10:10pm On May 17, 2016
aljharem:

I am telling you, the hardship is just too much. I have told my family and friends not to open their shop, if they do, it is at their own risk
It's not enough to close the shops.They should move the goods to their homes.Banks that open are to be robbed according to Intel reports emerging tonight.

2 Likes

Re: Financial sector workers urged to obey NLC on strike by maestroferddi: 10:30pm On May 17, 2016
tinsel:
Not like Channels TV that is progressively becoming APC propaganda arm...

5 Likes

Re: Financial sector workers urged to obey NLC on strike by Nobody: 10:32pm On May 17, 2016
Nice one. I fully support NLC on this. Meanwhile, those lazy lecturers were already praying this should hold so they can go sit their lazy asses in their houses.
Re: Financial sector workers urged to obey NLC on strike by Nobody: 10:44pm On May 17, 2016
If ATMs will not be operational, that means i am finished cos i'm so flat at the moment. Where i go run to?
Re: Financial sector workers urged to obey NLC on strike by HAH: 10:53pm On May 17, 2016
NUBIEFI is the union of banks junior staff what of ASSIBIFI the seniotr staff union.

As long as is NUBiEFI that is on strike then only. Junior staff I.e, drivers security. Etc that will be on strike
Re: Financial sector workers urged to obey NLC on strike by Coolgent(m): 11:18pm On May 17, 2016
Thank God say ATM & Online banking dey
Re: Financial sector workers urged to obey NLC on strike by AprokoNaija: 11:19pm On May 17, 2016
marycool18:
undecided that person that keeps disturbing my account here, respect yourself and let me be!

Your signature says it all grin
marycool18:
undecided that person that keeps disturbing my account here, respect yourself and let me be!

Your signature says it all
Re: Financial sector workers urged to obey NLC on strike by Anabel(f): 11:34pm On May 17, 2016
nextstep:
So they care about the welfare of Nigerians yet want to shut the entire country down? This will disrupt and hurt the economy more than the fuel price. Most of us are already buying fuel at around #145, so this latest government action doesn't really mean much, and strike is just going to do more harm than good.

In fact, when is the last time that NLC strike provided us with any long-term benefit? Occupy Nigeria only pushed the painful decision about stopping subsidies to now, but didn't really address the underlying issue of non-functional refineries.

How are we supposed to go to work, do business, or buy goods if the financial system is crippled? These people think that strike is going to affect the ogas at the top. Na lie... na we go suffer am. Smh

Gbam!!! Tell them make them hear loud and clear.
Re: Financial sector workers urged to obey NLC on strike by udy4real(m): 11:56pm On May 17, 2016
nextstep:

We ready to suffer am
Re: Financial sector workers urged to obey NLC on strike by anyiway(m): 12:08am On May 18, 2016
APC should start selling the price that they promised Nigerians before the election. 40 naira per litre of petrol. The strike must go on.
Re: Financial sector workers urged to obey NLC on strike by tit(f): 12:18am On May 18, 2016
Buhari Must Resign!
Common tomato, we no see to buy!

1 Like

Re: Financial sector workers urged to obey NLC on strike by walexy14(m): 12:30am On May 18, 2016
Nice 1......
Re: Financial sector workers urged to obey NLC on strike by Nobody: 12:42am On May 18, 2016
SerialGist:
If ATMs will not be operational, that means i am finished cos i'm so flat at the moment. Where i go run to?

Redbenson yeye boy
Re: Financial sector workers urged to obey NLC on strike by lollmaolol(m): 1:58am On May 18, 2016
tinsel:

End time strike news paper
Re: Financial sector workers urged to obey NLC on strike by crazymod: 3:53am On May 18, 2016
bright007:
Another good news....anything that will accelerate the disintegration of this false marriage called Nigeria is welcome

Why not train guerilla fighters and do it yourself and very fast?
south Sudan president was a guerilla fighter, I will advise you to follow his footsteps if you are serious.
Re: Financial sector workers urged to obey NLC on strike by haibe(m): 4:32am On May 18, 2016
anyiway:
APC should start selling the price that they promised Nigerians before the election. 40 naira per litre of petrol. The strike must go on.

Are you reasonable at all? Dont you know we are still importing the petroleum products
Re: Financial sector workers urged to obey NLC on strike by OBAGADAFFI: 6:53am On May 18, 2016
aljharem:

You should business be looted what kind prayer is that.

Focus on the government and leave small business owners alone.
Re: Financial sector workers urged to obey NLC on strike by back2sender: 6:55am On May 18, 2016
I am at work. I stand with buhari.
I have told my employer that i will work free. Wailers una don gather for ojota? Not coming to nairaland to form Bruce lee, Awon Oloshi omoale jatijati
Re: Financial sector workers urged to obey NLC on strike by Splashme: 7:08am On May 18, 2016
chriskosherbal:
The federal government should do the needful and lets peace reign.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ali Modu Sheriff & Obanikoro At APC National Convention / Al-mustapha For President In 2015 Rally In Kaduna / Nigerians React To Buhari’s Re-launch Of War Against Indiscipline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.