Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,173 members, 7,821,980 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:24 PM

Fulani Herdsmen Attack On Tarfi Village: Death Toll Rises To 60 — ORTOM - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fulani Herdsmen Attack On Tarfi Village: Death Toll Rises To 60 — ORTOM (24129 Views)

Rivers New Year Massacre: Peterside Blasts Wike As Death Toll Rises / Buhari's Appointments: Death Toll Rises To Eight / Fulani Herdsmen Attack Tarfi, Benue Village, Kill 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fulani Herdsmen Attack On Tarfi Village: Death Toll Rises To 60 — ORTOM by Nicur: 12:30am On May 17, 2016
MAKURDI—GOVERNOR Samuel Ortom of Benue State, said the death toll in last Friday night’s attack on Tarfi village, Binnev Ward in Buruku Local Government area of the state by suspected herdsmen had risen to over 60, lamenting that Benue was a state under siege.

According to him, his government was helpless and could not contain the activities of the herdsmen who he said were killing, maiming and raping women in Benue villages.

Ortom said, “after committing the atrocities they sacked the locals from their abode after which they occupy the ‘captured territory’.”

The Governor, who fought back his emotions, urged the herdsmen to either live in peace with their hosts communities or vacate the state immediately in the interest of peace.

He said he had continually restrained the people from carrying out reprisal attacks on the marauders, but cautioned that the people might resort to self help if security agencies could not prevent the massacre of the innocent farmers.

He said: “It is a bad situation, everyday you hear how my people are being killed, raped and maimed by these mercenaries. They do not have respect for the rule of law or security personnel. The situation has gotten to a point where we contain the crisis in one community, they move quickly to another to massacre the people just like the Buruku case where over 60 innocent persons have been killed. These are wicked mercenaries under the guise of herdsmen attacking us and taking over our farmland. I have said it several times that we do not have land for grazing in the state, let them move out of the state if they cannot respect the rule of law and the sanctity of human lives. There is a limit to which I can appeal to my people to restrain themselves from reprisal attacks, if all of them are killed then I might be the next target. I will have to represent the matter to the President because we are helpless and if nothing urgent is done we might have a major crisis in our hands.”

The Governor, who debunked allegations that the crisis was sparked by rustlers in the affected communities said, “those behind cow rustling are the herdsmen themselves because they are the only ones that speak the language that cows understand. For instance, even at my village in Gums they claimed that my people rustled their cows and they went ahead to kill 50 of my people and took over the land. This is genocide. Enough of these killings.”

The Governor wondered why security operatives stationed in these areas were unable to arrest the herdsmen who perpetrated the heinous crime. He accused them of failing in their responsibilities.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/attack-tarfi-village-death-toll-rises-60-ortom/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

3 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack On Tarfi Village: Death Toll Rises To 60 — ORTOM by Nicur: 12:31am On May 17, 2016
kudos to Buhari! Libyans invading omenka 's state !! smh. ARE THE PEOPLE OF BENUE NOT NIGERIANS?? omenka wake up and defend your people!! angry lalasticlala and mynd44 wetin dey happen? undecided why are Nigerians dying in large numbers everyday yet our president is doing nothing!! embarassed

108 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack On Tarfi Village: Death Toll Rises To 60 — ORTOM by hemartins(m): 12:32am On May 17, 2016
These Libyans have started again.

77 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack On Tarfi Village: Death Toll Rises To 60 — ORTOM by idupaul: 12:32am On May 17, 2016
Where are the Tiv warriors of old

62 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack On Tarfi Village: Death Toll Rises To 60 — ORTOM by ochilikoko(m): 12:38am On May 17, 2016
Ghadafi men indeed

18 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack On Tarfi Village: Death Toll Rises To 60 — ORTOM by DRISKLEF(m): 12:39am On May 17, 2016
Killings and massacre of innocent citizens in the news everyday! Yet our government refuses to tackle the whole situation. Why

Is it that the lives of these people are not that important to the government? Is it not our government's primary responsibility to safeguard the populace? OH LORD HAVE MERCY.

If it was a blown up refinery now, we would have since heard from 'baba' himself! Ook.

Maybe our lives doesnt really matter to our government anymore. So now it's operation every man for himself....Ook

Nigeria My Country.

25 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack On Tarfi Village: Death Toll Rises To 60 — ORTOM by Nicur: 12:39am On May 17, 2016
idupaul:
some of them have gotten zombie jobs and are rice eaters, they prefer zombie job and rice like ODEnka the Zombie General of Nairaland so no hope!! embarassed

123 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack On Tarfi Village: Death Toll Rises To 60 — ORTOM by zico530(m): 12:42am On May 17, 2016
Don't worry, bubu will laise with the Libyan embassy to put an end to it.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack On Tarfi Village: Death Toll Rises To 60 — ORTOM by seunny4lif(m): 12:52am On May 17, 2016
Na wahala be this ooooh angry sad
Where are all the TIV warrors and where is David Mark angry angry
This is serious

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack On Tarfi Village: Death Toll Rises To 60 — ORTOM by Nicur: 1:15am On May 17, 2016
seunny4lif:
Na wahala be this ooooh angry sad
Where are all the TIV warrors and where is David Mark angry angry
This is serious
David mark get army? abi which force is he in charge of? Is David mark the commander in chief of Nigerian armed forces?

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack On Tarfi Village: Death Toll Rises To 60 — ORTOM by seunny4lif(m): 1:19am On May 17, 2016
Nicur:
David mark get army? abi which force is he, in charge of? Is David mark the commander in chief of Nigerian army forces?
Yes and No
He can use his position to draw the chief of Staff and the president to what is going on there...

2 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack On Tarfi Village: Death Toll Rises To 60 — ORTOM by nnachukz(m): 1:22am On May 17, 2016
I hope the dullard hasn't counted Benue into his 5% theory? If I could remember well, they gave him at least 60% of their vote. Why is he keeping quiet in the face of these atrocities committed against them by his children.

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack On Tarfi Village: Death Toll Rises To 60 — ORTOM by Nicur: 1:43am On May 17, 2016
seunny4lif:

Yes and No
He can use his position to draw the chief of Staff and the president to what is going on there...
so you mean the chief of staff and the president don't even know what is going on in the country, that he is supposed to be in charge of? I guess you don't understand the implications and meanings of the statement that you made? do you?

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack On Tarfi Village: Death Toll Rises To 60 — ORTOM by seunny4lif(m): 1:49am On May 17, 2016
grin grin
Yes bros
The president travel pass Kanye west and Jay Z while the COS his busy chasing the shadows of ND militants angry angry
Nicur:
so you mean the chief of staff and the president don't even know what is going on in the country, that he is supposed to be in charge of? I guess you know what the statement you made means?

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack On Tarfi Village: Death Toll Rises To 60 — ORTOM by knightsTempler: 2:31am On May 17, 2016
I pity Benue people, this is nothing but a systematic ethnic cleansing of a whole tribe. By the time Buhari finishes his term in 2019, millions of Benue indigenes will lose their lives to this blood thirsty demons.

What a country we live in.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack On Tarfi Village: Death Toll Rises To 60 — ORTOM by TheDEVlLHimseIf: 2:32am On May 17, 2016
if buhari dies today and meet ghadafi in hell he (ghadafi) will punish Buhari with red hot iron fork for insulting his country.
Buhari is a terrorist bastard

48 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack On Tarfi Village: Death Toll Rises To 60 — ORTOM by TheDEVlLHimseIf: 2:32am On May 17, 2016
but where's omenka sef?

32 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack On Tarfi Village: Death Toll Rises To 60 — ORTOM by temitemi1(m): 2:35am On May 17, 2016
Benue pple, are u nt tired of counting ur dead bodies! How long will u allow these demons to feed on ur blood!!!

21 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack On Tarfi Village: Death Toll Rises To 60 — ORTOM by geraldmartins(m): 2:38am On May 17, 2016
if I talk now I go collect ban

make I just de read comments

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack On Tarfi Village: Death Toll Rises To 60 — ORTOM by tit(f): 2:39am On May 17, 2016
One Nut has loose from buhari head

17 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack On Tarfi Village: Death Toll Rises To 60 — ORTOM by ojkalito(m): 2:43am On May 17, 2016
A government that values resources more than lives of the citizens....I wouldn't call the president useless because he is good at setting bad examples

22 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack On Tarfi Village: Death Toll Rises To 60 — ORTOM by Standing5(m): 3:09am On May 17, 2016
These herdsmen are firmly in charge of things . . .

3 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack On Tarfi Village: Death Toll Rises To 60 — ORTOM by Lordave: 3:12am On May 17, 2016
nnachukz:
I hope the dullard hasn't counted Benue into his 5% theory? If I could remember well, they gave him at least 60% of their vote. Why is he keeping quiet in the face of these atrocities committed against them by his children.
PMD has a short memory and believe me he has counted Benue people among the 5% already.
As far as PMD is concerned, you're a 5 'Percenter' if you don't have Fulani accent.

34 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack On Tarfi Village: Death Toll Rises To 60 — ORTOM by Lordave: 3:26am On May 17, 2016
The Governor, who fought back his emotions, urged the herdsmen to either live in peace with their hosts communities or vacate the state immediately in the interest of peace. He said he had continually restrained the people from carrying out reprisal attacks on the marauders, but cautioned that the people might resort to self help if security agencies could not prevent the massacre of the innocent farmers.
I'm not heartless but this is the kind of nonsense that makes me wanna cheer on the Herdsmen angry

Why will this worthless and brainless governor restrain these unfortunate victims of Fulani holocaust from defending themselves? For Kraist's sake, women are being ráped, young girls and defenceless women are brutally ràped by Fulani herdsmen and this shít eater governor is restraining them from defending themselves. Is this some kind of conspiracy with the governor or what?

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack On Tarfi Village: Death Toll Rises To 60 — ORTOM by oduastates: 4:37am On May 17, 2016
Sorry these guys need to form their own self defence militia and honestly, after watching another oil oil oil ( the money which never seems to filter down to their Street) video , maybe those avenger folks will be doing these people a favour.
Just look at the useless argument,loaded wwith a strange sense of entitlement, made in the video below.
It is the same arguments every expansionist( incl the herdsmen) is using In that country.
Nigerian constitution or FG
This Ortom still took his big head to the northern elders forum.
What you see in benue is what happens when corruption renders the leadership of a place so useless and helpless.
David Mark, Suswan, Ahmadu Ali, Gemade, Ortum, Akume etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-6ZkSGPgVY

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack On Tarfi Village: Death Toll Rises To 60 — ORTOM by DaBullIT(m): 4:55am On May 17, 2016
Maybe the Governor should do his job too instead of calling on and blaming the FG, As he governor he has security outfits at his command

4 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack On Tarfi Village: Death Toll Rises To 60 — ORTOM by oduastates: 4:57am On May 17, 2016
idupaul:

The Nigerian clock is ticking fast.
The country misused every opportunity she was given.
It is also safe to say that the fulani society is dysfunctional and a collision with civilisation is going to happen if this thing is not checked soon.
This has nothing to do with cattle rustling ( 99% sure that any rustling done is by a fulani like them).This is pure violence being orchestrated by expansionists.
Terrorise the residents out of their home and hope they live to never return.Then occupy the land.
Eventually, the land will die as a result of over grazing and the hoofs of the cattles.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack On Tarfi Village: Death Toll Rises To 60 — ORTOM by appini: 5:07am On May 17, 2016
tit:
One Nut has loose from buhari head

I nor sure say Buhari still get head.

11 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack On Tarfi Village: Death Toll Rises To 60 — ORTOM by 989900B: 6:11am On May 17, 2016
A bill banning nomadic herding should be passed ASAP.

There is no place for this in this country anymore!

It is a business enterprise, they should buy lands and raise their animals within the confines of their purchased lands!

In the interim, state governors have to go hard in defending their people.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack On Tarfi Village: Death Toll Rises To 60 — ORTOM by freeze001(f): 6:41am On May 17, 2016
This situation just gets me tired and angry as well. Ortom started by being political and feeling like a part of the phantom 'one North' without being smart n wise enough to realise his state and all others in the Middlebelt are just too Christian to be 'real' Northerners and so have been earmarked for forceful occupation and destruction.

He is just realising that someday he'll be next abi? He had better stop restraining and rather mobilise men n boys to defend their lands, take the fight to those fulani demons and be prepared to annihilating any security personnel that suddenly come to quell reprisal attacks. If need be, he should seek help from other North Central states so they poll resources together and protect the region particularly Benue that has borne the brunt af attacks in recent times. It is already a full crises, it is not soon going to be as he says.

13 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack On Tarfi Village: Death Toll Rises To 60 — ORTOM by RZArecta(m): 7:17am On May 17, 2016
Buhari should call his Libyan herdsmen to order

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack On Tarfi Village: Death Toll Rises To 60 — ORTOM by crackhouse(m): 7:56am On May 17, 2016
na wa oo

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Barako Residents In Rivers Tore Wike's Image Into Pieces As They Decamp To APC / Sagay: They Are 'Political Dwarfs', Buhari Won’t Debate With Atiku, Others / Northerners Will Not Vote For Buhari In 2019 – Shettima

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.