Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,306 members, 7,836,331 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:16 AM

Oil, Electricity Workers Opt Out Of Strike - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oil, Electricity Workers Opt Out Of Strike (24216 Views)

Electricity Workers Threaten Strike, Nationwide Power Outage Looms / Ajaero’s NLC Faction Backs Out Of Strike / Electricity Workers Suspend Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oil, Electricity Workers Opt Out Of Strike by princeade86(m): 10:53am On May 17, 2016
seunmsg:
It's obvious this strike won't be effective if NLC and TUC goes ahead with it as planned. The labour movement is already divided to enforce any effective nationwide strike.

NLC should just use this opportunity to get the much talked about minimum wage increase and other palliative that can be negotiated and forget about the strike that won't yield any positive outcome.
... hmmmmmm... minimum wages in this present government? i doubt it.
Re: Oil, Electricity Workers Opt Out Of Strike by OneManLegion(m): 10:54am On May 17, 2016
So someone thought there was gonna be a strike action for real?

1 Like

Re: Oil, Electricity Workers Opt Out Of Strike by DrChukzy(m): 10:54am On May 17, 2016
Na wa o. No unity anywhere!
Re: Oil, Electricity Workers Opt Out Of Strike by DrChukzy(m): 10:56am On May 17, 2016
omenka:
Fail...
Omenka isn't going on strike either. cheesy
Agbaya! Zombie in chief, nobody needs you and ur dull brain.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oil, Electricity Workers Opt Out Of Strike by hmuhammad(m): 10:56am On May 17, 2016
Bigmillz:
A day will come when we will see things in a plain way. When GEJ Nigerians wanted to kill him.

A day will come when PMB jazz won't work again on Nigerians. You can fool some people sometimes, but you can't fool all the people all the time
PMB isn't jazzing anyone, that strike won't be that effective.
#IStand with oil/electricity workers on this.

2 Likes

Re: Oil, Electricity Workers Opt Out Of Strike by Wadasco(m): 10:57am On May 17, 2016
they are like..
we are waiting to see who will pass through our streets.....

1 Like

Re: Oil, Electricity Workers Opt Out Of Strike by hmuhammad(m): 10:57am On May 17, 2016
[s]
DrChukzy:

[/s]e pain am

2 Likes

Re: Oil, Electricity Workers Opt Out Of Strike by EbukaFran: 10:57am On May 17, 2016
IPOB yoot

Wait till you get biafra before you start behaving in such an uncivilised manner

This is nigeria , you can't go about beating everyone you disagree with

I know that is how Igbos operate but not in nigeria

Please use ur brain biko

OZAOEKPE:

if i fit see you live, bro i go beat you like i beat my junior sister when she misbehave undecided

10 Likes

Re: Oil, Electricity Workers Opt Out Of Strike by EbukaFran: 10:59am On May 17, 2016
I can't bet my life you are older than him

Old man like you abusing your children's mates

grin

DrChukzy:

7 Likes

Re: Oil, Electricity Workers Opt Out Of Strike by arthur1000(m): 10:59am On May 17, 2016
just strolling
Re: Oil, Electricity Workers Opt Out Of Strike by Lanre01(m): 10:59am On May 17, 2016
Wahala dey oo
Re: Oil, Electricity Workers Opt Out Of Strike by batstan(m): 11:00am On May 17, 2016
IVORY2009:

You strike or u nor strike oooo, you are not useful to the economy!
He is oooo, if you are not.

2 Likes

Re: Oil, Electricity Workers Opt Out Of Strike by Wadasco(m): 11:00am On May 17, 2016
hmuhammad:
[s][/s]e pain am
well well

1 Like

Re: Oil, Electricity Workers Opt Out Of Strike by Originakalokalo(m): 11:01am On May 17, 2016
Why won't they opt out?

Oil worker are well paid

Electricity workers are eating the hike in electricity tarrif....

Hike and no electricity......

Selfishness......

D minimum wage is a bait......govt has not paid d 18 k without owing.... scam govt.
Re: Oil, Electricity Workers Opt Out Of Strike by berrystunn(m): 11:02am On May 17, 2016
PHCN what's you guys are doing already is more then strike.
What's type of strike are they talking about?
Re: Oil, Electricity Workers Opt Out Of Strike by laprince(m): 11:02am On May 17, 2016
seunmsg:
It's obvious this strike won't be effective if NLC and TUC goes ahead with it as planned. The labour movement is already divided to enforce any effective nationwide strike.

NLC should just use this opportunity to get the much talked about minimum wage increase and other palliative that can be negotiated and forget about the strike that won't yield any positive outcome.

But, how many people will benefit from the increase in minimum wage?
Re: Oil, Electricity Workers Opt Out Of Strike by Wadasco(m): 11:04am On May 17, 2016
laprince:

the working class off course...
Re: Oil, Electricity Workers Opt Out Of Strike by NathanBabs(m): 11:05am On May 17, 2016
Buh i thought phcn are always on strike cos no electrity even when dey aint on strike!!!
Re: Oil, Electricity Workers Opt Out Of Strike by izzou(m): 11:07am On May 17, 2016
Electricity workers opting out?
Can somebody be on strike and still go on strike again?

Them dey count fish.....crayfish wan follow

Mtcheeeeeeew

1 Like

Re: Oil, Electricity Workers Opt Out Of Strike by Preciousnelly19: 11:12am On May 17, 2016
I dont blame NUPENG and PENGASSAN for supporting the increment. They are been paid more than enough including their allowance therfore it won't affect them and that's why they don't care
Re: Oil, Electricity Workers Opt Out Of Strike by seunmsg(m): 11:14am On May 17, 2016
laprince:

NLC and TUC are trade unions whose main objective is to look out for the interest of their members.
Re: Oil, Electricity Workers Opt Out Of Strike by Nobody: 11:18am On May 17, 2016
malton:
The NLC is on it's own on this one.

The only thing they know how is strike.

They'll never pick on employers who dehumanize employees as though they are lesser human beings nor address injustices in the work place.
When are they going on strike to force niger deltan criminals from bombing oil installations?
When are they going to protest the killing by fulani herders?
Re: Oil, Electricity Workers Opt Out Of Strike by Nobody: 11:21am On May 17, 2016
hmuhammad:
PMB isn't jazzing anyone, that strike won't be that effective.
#IStand with oil/electricity workers on this.
and I totally respek ur decision

1 Like

Re: Oil, Electricity Workers Opt Out Of Strike by replete(m): 11:23am On May 17, 2016
While I tot PHCN was already on strike sad[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Oil, Electricity Workers Opt Out Of Strike by Ucbiu(m): 11:26am On May 17, 2016
Waiting for NLC & TUC to come out on the street for a useless protest, yeye people we are wise this time.
#supportsubsidyremoval

Re: Oil, Electricity Workers Opt Out Of Strike by adeleke12345(m): 11:27am On May 17, 2016
this is deeeeeep
IVORY2009:

Re: Oil, Electricity Workers Opt Out Of Strike by easymanofdpeopl(m): 11:27am On May 17, 2016
IVORY2009:

bros u dey vex oooo
Re: Oil, Electricity Workers Opt Out Of Strike by IVORY2009(m): 11:28am On May 17, 2016
batstan:

He is oooo, if you are not.

prove me wrong! Someone dat is online 24/7, 365 days? Useful to the economy? I doubt it bro
Re: Oil, Electricity Workers Opt Out Of Strike by laprince(m): 11:28am On May 17, 2016
Wadasco:

the working class off course...
yea, but, it would not really touch everybody.
Re: Oil, Electricity Workers Opt Out Of Strike by laprince(m): 11:31am On May 17, 2016
seunmsg:

NLC and TUC are trade unions whose main objective is to look out for the interest of their members.
I just hope they don't turn around, backstabbing their members
Re: Oil, Electricity Workers Opt Out Of Strike by Nobody: 11:32am On May 17, 2016
ACHIEVERBA:
NIGERIANS HAS ACTUALLY LOST FAITH IN THE NLC.......THEY CAN GO TO HELL WITH THEIR STRIKE.
NLC can redeem itself with this fuel situation. If it can get government to back down at least to below 100 naira, it may become the old NLC that makes government think twice. Opportunity for that umar guy to make a name for himself unless his a dundee too
Re: Oil, Electricity Workers Opt Out Of Strike by sokera: 11:34am On May 17, 2016
bringbackourGEJ:
Keep wasting your time. They must reduce the price by force.
go to any filling station and turn the pump machine to your preferable price ... Blockhead

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Chibok Girls Rescue Has Put Jonathan And Fayose To Shame - APC South East / Da Nanzing, Plateau Politician Dies Of Poison After Snatching Another Man's Wife / Ize-Iyamu Campaigns At Night In Ugboha Wards In Esan South LGA (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.