Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,363 members, 7,836,472 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:31 AM

Oil, Electricity Workers Opt Out Of Strike - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oil, Electricity Workers Opt Out Of Strike (24217 Views)

Electricity Workers Threaten Strike, Nationwide Power Outage Looms / Ajaero’s NLC Faction Backs Out Of Strike / Electricity Workers Suspend Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oil, Electricity Workers Opt Out Of Strike by GWMI(m): 11:34am On May 17, 2016
That is a lie from the Tinubu's puppets all we are saying is that LET THE SRIKE START NOW.Thanks.
Re: Oil, Electricity Workers Opt Out Of Strike by Nobody: 11:35am On May 17, 2016
Wadasco:
they are like.. we are waiting to see who will pass through our streets.....
No!!! Just waiting for apc to come promise paradise again in, 2019
Re: Oil, Electricity Workers Opt Out Of Strike by Nobody: 11:35am On May 17, 2016
Wadasco:
they are like.. we are waiting to see who will pass through our streets.....
Re: Oil, Electricity Workers Opt Out Of Strike by Lanretoye(m): 11:35am On May 17, 2016
Adegbenro7643:
Oil & Electricity!

I dey laugh o

I op Water Corporatn wud join sha grin
They have been on strike since 1978

1 Like

Re: Oil, Electricity Workers Opt Out Of Strike by ideynl1: 11:39am On May 17, 2016
EbukaFran:
IPOB yoot

Wait till you get biafra before you start behaving in such an uncivilised manner

This is nigeria , you can't go about beating everyone you disagree with

I know that is how Igbos operate but not in nigeria

Please use ur brain biko

This boko haram terrorist keeps seeing IPOB everywhere.

Your heart attack is near from Biafran nightmare.

2 Likes

Re: Oil, Electricity Workers Opt Out Of Strike by Osezua: 11:44am On May 17, 2016
Babzrockman:
I doubt the sincerity of this proposed strike. Majority of Nigerians have supported the removal of subsidy. So no point going for unnecessary. because it is d poor masses that would suffer d bad effects of the strike.
Queue has disappeared in filing stations. When d fuel was said to b sold at #86.50, the product was very scarce and the few available ones were been sold at more than #200.
majority of Nigerians in Lagos support. Only Lagos doesn't make up the whole of nigeria
Re: Oil, Electricity Workers Opt Out Of Strike by Cortana2: 11:49am On May 17, 2016
Edwinmason:
why would i want to strike when nlc are doing it for their own selfish reason.........mtcheew

It's funny how you only hear of NLC during fuel price hike. Is that the only thing they're for?

2 Likes

Re: Oil, Electricity Workers Opt Out Of Strike by Sololex01: 11:50am On May 17, 2016
All say NO to price hike!!!!!
Re: Oil, Electricity Workers Opt Out Of Strike by Cation25(m): 11:51am On May 17, 2016
the strike will only increase our present suffering...I suggest nlc should have a rethink about this propose strike action. #Say no to unnecessary strike#. BTW, who nlc strike don epp
Re: Oil, Electricity Workers Opt Out Of Strike by Rexyl(m): 11:54am On May 17, 2016
phcn doesn't want it to be super strike on their part that is why they jeje opted out. Phcn that is almost dead for the past few months. Something which impact is not felt can't be relevant. Oil worker are favored by the new policy because they are greatest beneficiaries.

I support both the subsidy removal and the strike. Government revenues will be greatly increased and there would be much money to meet various needs, but workers must play smart this time around, esp state workers. They should not allow the negotiation go the way it ended 5 years ago when it was only FG workers that managed to come out with better salaries. Many states have not paid the minimum wage since then. This time around they must get full benefits from the increments coming to federal and state revenues before they surrender. NLC must also force the government to make provisions for employment opportunities and wealth Creation.
Re: Oil, Electricity Workers Opt Out Of Strike by Nobody: 12:02pm On May 17, 2016
op electricity works are already on strike abi u get light?
Re: Oil, Electricity Workers Opt Out Of Strike by OLUWAFUNMISE(f): 12:03pm On May 17, 2016
Oilyel workersand NEPA or what's their name called are on strike... Or they call off their strike. Hypocrites
Re: Oil, Electricity Workers Opt Out Of Strike by Nobody: 12:15pm On May 17, 2016
Hmmmm . It's well
Re: Oil, Electricity Workers Opt Out Of Strike by bringbackourGEJ: 12:17pm On May 17, 2016
sokera:
go to any filling station and turn the pump machine to your preferable price ... Blockhead
Blockskull! angry
Re: Oil, Electricity Workers Opt Out Of Strike by chrischukszy01(m): 12:18pm On May 17, 2016
PHCN dey on strike since na, so we don't need dem. Ndi araas

Re: Oil, Electricity Workers Opt Out Of Strike by Jesusloveyou: 12:35pm On May 17, 2016
Bigmillz:
A day will come when we will see things in a plain way. When GEJ did this Nigerians wanted to kill him.

A day will come when PMB jazz won't work again on Nigerians. You can fool some people sometimes, but you can't fool all the people all the time
is not a jazz, it is trust, i trust pmb, NLC also trust pmb, we all revolt against ineffectual buffoon becos of his buffoonism.
Re: Oil, Electricity Workers Opt Out Of Strike by gtboy2626: 12:37pm On May 17, 2016
we are sayin "No to strike"
Re: Oil, Electricity Workers Opt Out Of Strike by madepeju: 12:43pm On May 17, 2016
I only needed d strike cos of holiday, I want to rest
Re: Oil, Electricity Workers Opt Out Of Strike by Charles4075(m): 12:50pm On May 17, 2016
Abeg make electricity workers nor go on strike ohhh... Light nor dey self, the small 30 minutes light we dey receive every day na manage self. If dem come strike, na D.I.E. For person ohh.

But water-board fit go on strike sha.. E nor concern me
Re: Oil, Electricity Workers Opt Out Of Strike by SirREX94: 12:54pm On May 17, 2016
TRADELYN:
Let's get Nigerians' views...
Like if you are in support of the strike. Share if you are not.
''He who pays the piper, calls the tune''!
Re: Oil, Electricity Workers Opt Out Of Strike by Wadasco(m): 1:04pm On May 17, 2016
shala01:
you prophesy need delivery
Re: Oil, Electricity Workers Opt Out Of Strike by profmallory(m): 1:11pm On May 17, 2016
Most of us buy fuel way above N87 per liter, even if Government reverts, it would possibly stop at N110 per liter, what sense is in that?. They should leave it as it is, with the Hike in price, massive importation would follow and the price would definitely drop on its own. Those who oppose never wanted anything good for Nigeria to start with
Re: Oil, Electricity Workers Opt Out Of Strike by Deadlytruth(m): 1:33pm On May 17, 2016
Whenever NLC protests for minimum wage increase for themselves they don't agitate same for workers in the private sector, but once they want to protest fuel subsidy removal they remember that everyone is a Nigerian.
Re: Oil, Electricity Workers Opt Out Of Strike by wristbangle: 2:04pm On May 17, 2016
IVORY2009:

You strike or u nor strike oooo, you are not useful to the economy!

Hahahahaha. NLanders! Chai grin

Omenka, just leave this guy biko
Re: Oil, Electricity Workers Opt Out Of Strike by Gudsyd(f): 2:12pm On May 17, 2016
Are they going on strike on this dwindling economy, do they think strike will ameliorate the situation at hand? what is even wrong wt this our leaders...infact am fed up wt ds country!
Re: Oil, Electricity Workers Opt Out Of Strike by undigeh: 3:19pm On May 17, 2016
ijustdey:

http://leadership.ng/news/527503/oil-electricity-workers-opt-strike

As much as I know, Electricity workers are not relevant in Nigeria as for now. They may be relevant in near or far future.
People that cannot deliver. Till tomorrow it is the community that donate money for purchase of part for maintaining service transformer in their community.

I beg leave this people alone.
Re: Oil, Electricity Workers Opt Out Of Strike by Nobody: 3:44pm On May 17, 2016
Wadasco:

you prophesy need delivery
It is not a prophecy but what will happen if buhari and his gang continue this way
Re: Oil, Electricity Workers Opt Out Of Strike by piagetskinner(m): 4:07pm On May 17, 2016
Even the labour unions know this strike will not hold.... The NLC and TUC have been bedevilled by the problem of internal democracy.. .there are factions that have been incorporated by the political top dogs... .

So the strike taking place is in the ratio of 30:70
Re: Oil, Electricity Workers Opt Out Of Strike by klassicview: 4:14pm On May 17, 2016
These people no follow sef

Re: Oil, Electricity Workers Opt Out Of Strike by greatdave(m): 4:21pm On May 17, 2016
The same electricity workers that have been "striking" since forever...Make dem gerrat?!
Re: Oil, Electricity Workers Opt Out Of Strike by adegoke93: 4:33pm On May 17, 2016
What of NAIRALAND?
Re: Oil, Electricity Workers Opt Out Of Strike by laitsy: 5:27pm On May 17, 2016
Sorry nlc park one syd!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Youngest Daughter Of Nigerian Soldier Killed By Boko Haram Turns One Today. PICS / Reno Omokri Resorts To Blocking / Buhari Presides Over Emergency National Security Council Meeting (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.