Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

Bayelsans Are So Lazy - Governor Dickson - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bayelsans Are So Lazy - Governor Dickson (36523 Views)

Governor Dickson Of Bayelsa Caught Fishes In A River (Photos) / James Ibori Received By Bayelsans As He Arrives For Condolence Visit (Photos) / Governor Dickson Enjoying A Boat Ride In Niger Delta Creeks. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bayelsans Are So Lazy - Governor Dickson by alt3r3g0: 3:46pm On May 17, 2016
MrTruth4real:

I would have prefer if ibori was president, no matter how ibori loot reach, he must do something for his people, look at ogara for example, good road, western Delta university, and delta state teaching hospital, which is the best hospital in delta. But gej ordinary road from warri to port Harcourt he couldn't complete in six yrs.

I'd rather Donald Duke. He put calabar on the map...everyone started copying calabar festival. Did the whole transformation without staining his reputation.

We are tired of rogues as leaders.

9 Likes

Re: Bayelsans Are So Lazy - Governor Dickson by Omonigeriarere: 3:57pm On May 17, 2016
IzonOwei:
grin grin....[s]I really don't know what to say to dickson...

Mr governor I think you must be suffering from a serious headache. .would you pay hard working citizens of bayelsa state their wages or shut your big trap.... angry angry

Are you as a governor hard working...

What rubbish[/s]....

Heyahhhhhhhhhhh... Truth is bitter sha!

12 Likes

Re: Bayelsans Are So Lazy - Governor Dickson by Harrisonwo(m): 3:58pm On May 17, 2016
Reading from people's experience, I remain on the stand that they don't have any right to make noise especially the NDA. The problem of the people is themselves. Even if they give them the oil wells, there won't be any reasonable development if not squandering the money on frivolities. They should wake up to the reality that oil isn't what it is before and also hold their leaders especially the communities level accountable.

5 Likes

Re: Bayelsans Are So Lazy - Governor Dickson by citizenY(m): 4:08pm On May 17, 2016
OZAOEKPE:
shocked the mad man should v=have said this before the election shocked

Oremusanctus/ Ignoramusanctus..... the constitution provides for a recall or impeachment...start the process.

Final whistle.... is your governor saying the truth?

4 Likes

Re: Bayelsans Are So Lazy - Governor Dickson by holaralph(m): 4:16pm On May 17, 2016
I witnessed all what the Gov as said. As a sound Engineer I travel a lot during my travelling times I realized all these many years ago........ Is never a surprise any way........ I saw it as the ijaw way of life and they like it that way........ I tagged an ijaw woman the head of the family

7 Likes

Re: Bayelsans Are So Lazy - Governor Dickson by mikolo80: 4:17pm On May 17, 2016
Abagworo:
http://allafrica.com/stories/200812190067.html

GOVERNOR Timipre Sylva of Bayelsa State has expressed
dismay over the practice of selling employment slots to
non-indigenes by youths of the state at give-away prices.
At an interactive session with the Bayelsa State Elders
Consultative Forum, the governor lamented the
development, saying "it is saddening to note that indigenes
of the state are selling their employment slots in reputable
companies at give-away prices of between N20,000 and
N70,000."
The governor, who gave a graphic description of the
thinking of an average Bayelsan, noted with sadness that
they wanted everything free, bearing in mind that the state
remains the only state throughout the federation where the
electricity is generated free.
His words, "An average Bayelsan has also believed
erroneously that we have money and that is why they want
everything for free. In the education sector we pay nothing.
The craze now is that everybody wants their children to be
sent abroad by the government for free. In the health sector
we pay for nothing, everybody is expected to be treated for
free.
The electricity we produce is for free. Even nobody wants to
work; they prefer handouts. "When I first came as governor,
my belief was very different.
My belief was that if you create jobs, people benefits from
those jobs. And one of the things when I came in was that I
paid all contractors that were on site. I paid N900 million
and we decided to complete all on-going projects before we
plan new ones.
"The idea was to stimulate the economy so that our people
can do small jobs. And I was happy when I paid the money
and there were many people working on the site. I went to
those sites personally because there were still a lot of
complaints on the streets on Yenagoa.
sites personally that more than 500 people working on the
sites they were all non-Bayelsans. I asked if there was any
Bayelsan, there was none and I was shocked. That was
when I know we have a problem. Because no matter how
much you tried to stimulate the economy it would fly over
the Bayelsan because our youths won't work.
"I would give you another example - the community around
Saipem protested that they were not being given jobs. We
intervened and Saipem decided to give 70 quality jobs to
boys from that community.
The community nominated people to go and work there and
I was happy that through our intervention we were able to
create the jobs. Later I saw one of the boys and questioned
him why he is not at work.
"I later found out upon enquiry that he sold his space to an
Igbo man for N40, 000 a month out of the N 70,000 he is
being paid and that is what all of them did. They sold all
their spaces to Igbo people. You would send Bayelsans for
training through oil companies; they sell their spaces to
Igbo people and those acquire the necessary skills.
They are happier to be on the streets of Yenagoa claiming
every day that there is hunger. There is no economy that
can grow like this. It is a very sad situation." Earlier, the
chairman of the forum, Chief Francis Doukpolagha had
called on the government and the elders in the state to map
out developmental programmes that would be aimed at
improving the lots of the people in the state.
if this is true then these ppl are finished

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayelsans Are So Lazy - Governor Dickson by kemelyt: 4:18pm On May 17, 2016
porshuch:
An average ijaw man is a drunkard and a womanizer, he is only good at sharing sperm to different women. I respect their women so much, they are the breadwinners in most of there various homes.
Abeg clap for yourself for this fantastically useless post. Face your own problems & don't judge others, idiot!!!

3 Likes

Re: Bayelsans Are So Lazy - Governor Dickson by Mrjo(m): 4:24pm On May 17, 2016
madridguy:
I am very sure some children of hate will soon evade this thread to raise curse on Gov. Dickson for saying the truth. The same Bayelsans complaining of giving their work to foreigner. May God help our Oyel broda. grin grin grin grin
so u agreed the gov is lazy?
Re: Bayelsans Are So Lazy - Governor Dickson by mrjojo: 4:29pm On May 17, 2016
This is absolutely True!! And to think they have just 8 LGA. God!! With the amount of allocation they get and the development activities of all the Oil companies, that place should be a paradise of sort. Yenagoa, is the worst state capital av ever been in my life.

10 Likes

Re: Bayelsans Are So Lazy - Governor Dickson by GENTLETEE(m): 4:41pm On May 17, 2016
That's no news. It is a fact.

9 Likes

Re: Bayelsans Are So Lazy - Governor Dickson by zeefa: 4:41pm On May 17, 2016
MadCow1:
#FACT!!!!

The Niger Delta man is physically and mentally Lazy.

The region is so bad that there is no Billionaire in the entire region whose wealth has crossed 2 generations. Whereas the Igbo Man, Yoruba man and the Hausa man would build an empire and start setting up his sons and relatives to takeover and expand the empire to last long beyond him, the Niger Delta man once he becomes a billionaire or a millionaire would rather live large, buy multiple cars, marry more wives, birth more kids that he would not provide for and die almost broke leaving his estate in disarray.

The Youths grow up on this belief that they can be lazy and expect to get rich from terrorizing Non-Indigenes and extorting businesses in their locality, selling off their ancestral lands and blowing up oil installations for settlement claims money.

All developmental projects embarked on by the Companies (oil and otherwise), the Government, e.t.c are all sabotaged by the same Niger Deltans who are the primary beneficiaries. I remember how a school with a budget of almost 100 Million was awarded to a Contractor and when he arrived the site to commence work, the Chief and the Youths started harassing him and in the end, the Chief demanded 15 million Naira for him to sign a Work Completion Certificate for the Contractor. The Contractor ofcourse offered the Chief 15 Million out of the almost 100 Million, settled the youths with like 2 million Naira and pocketed the rest of the dough. That job was marked as completed on the list. No thanks to the Community people.

I have sat in on several MOU's and I am yet to come out of any one where I can say the representatives of the Community had the best interest of the people they claimed to represent at heart.

I remember how one community demanded that their people be sent on training and paid a salary of 750,000 per month for the duration of the course.. grin I was like WTF?

Total Nigeria Limited has spent over 1 Million Euros on OML 58 Communities i in Rivers State in the last 6 Years and yet that community does not look like they have ever seen dollars before. Same with NAOC and SPDC amongst others.

If you are a contractor in the Niger Delta, you know all I am saying first hand, if you are not, ask anybody who is to tell you stories.

Its in the Niger Delta that you will get a Contract to fabricate or construct something, after settling the chiefs and elders and youths, they will give you a list of persons who you must employ before you commence work and they will in some cases stipulate their salaries. After you agree, these workers will never turn up to work until its time for salary. angry

The biggest enemies of the Niger Delta is the Niger Delta.

Dickson did not lie, the Niger Delta Man is Physically, Mentally and Spiritually lazy.
U are 100% right my brother! I worked as a project engineer about four years ago under Shell for the interdependency project to help the community build a small outlet that will supply electricity for three communities in bayelsa state! Oporoma and 3 others! The chiefs and the community guys frustrates the project! The demanded 80% local content to be from the community. Well, the Shell SRS who happened to be the community rep in shell was on our neck to employ them and train them to do d work and the agreement back then was #5000 per day.
Could u believe these guys never turned up for the job. We employed about 150 workers and only a few of them turned up and guess what, they all expected to get an alert on the phone. Or sometimes many of them come towards the end of the month just to register their presence. And the CLO for the project will always claim more money and all.
The corruption actually started from d chiefs. Cos we paid them almost 10million to do the land cleansing and all back then.
Until we have a strict law on that land. These things would continue and it will never get better!

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayelsans Are So Lazy - Governor Dickson by ever811(m): 4:46pm On May 17, 2016
chriskosherbal:
Bayelsa are good loving people and are not lazy, i just think they need the needed platform to flourish.
they should keep waiting for the platform that other state has that they don't have u hear?? its becoming so annoying wit some Niger Delta youth,come to Abonima in rivers state and see what Dickson is talking about..the youth here wait for government to do everything thing for them in the process of waiting, some hv grown gray hair down there an under there armpit while strangers are making good use of the opportunities in there land.there girls only priority is to get pregnant at 12 while.strangers here are the ones that pick the periwinkle from the rivers which I confirm from one of them that's close to me,they make 15 to 17k a week. the boys only priority is to seat by the road side to discuss politics they will run after any big man that drives into the community giving him all sort of title to attract the person to dash them money.this is there normal hailing slangs"chairmoooeee,amayanabo" u see them trough out the day hanging around Bob compound close to black Duke compound with there well starch shirts calling everything in skirt that pass on that road.iam here for a building project a guy who is a stranger here worked wit me nd bought himself a bike while there youth stops me at every junction begging me for money..only one out of 100 wants to earn his living by himself. the community has been in darkness for about a month now waiting for the local government care taker chairman or a big man from there community to pay there NEPA bills.so wht platform are u talking about.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bayelsans Are So Lazy - Governor Dickson by Akiika: 4:49pm On May 17, 2016
It's not only in Bayelsa, it includes River state too. The truth is, these low-lifer militants aren't qualify for the jobs, plus they still get amnesty payment from the FG. Lazy a$$e$!

6 Likes

Re: Bayelsans Are So Lazy - Governor Dickson by nynbrada: 4:50pm On May 17, 2016
agbangam:

My brother abeg oo, I don laff tire. "Our Oyel"
Very naughty set of pple.. Na Our Oyel dem only sabi.. "Our Oyel". Lol

Bro, if my ribs break na una go carry me go hospital ooOh, with this una "Our Oyel" wey una dey shout.

Our Oyeeeeeeeeeeel oo0h! lol.

4 Likes

Re: Bayelsans Are So Lazy - Governor Dickson by sweetcocoa(f): 5:00pm On May 17, 2016
That's got to happen with the "our oyel" mentality.

6 Likes

Re: Bayelsans Are So Lazy - Governor Dickson by Deadlytruth(m): 5:02pm On May 17, 2016
gulfer:
I served in that state way back 2001/2002 and the story is very true.................All the private school teachers were from the Southwest, most of the canteens were run by S/Easterners and Calabar/Akwa Ibom, cab drivers were mostly from Osogbo and Ife. Is the Governor just waking up, all they do is share the local government allocations at the end of the month.

If all these are true about them, then how are they different from Northerners? In fact Northerners might even be better than them.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayelsans Are So Lazy - Governor Dickson by 989900B: 5:03pm On May 17, 2016
The community nominated people to go and work there and I was happy that through our intervention we were able to create the jobs. Later I saw one of the boys and questioned him why he is not at work. "I later found out upon enquiry that he sold his space to an Igbo man for N40, 000 a month out of the N 70,000 he is being paid and that is what all of them did. They sold all their spaces to Igbo people. You would send Bayelsans for training through oil companies; they sell their spaces to Igbo people and those acquire the necessary skills. They are happier to be on the streets of Yenagoa claiming every day that there is hunger. There is no economy that can grow like this. It is a very sad situation." Earlier, the chairman of the forum, Chief Francis Doukpolagha had called on the government and the elders in the state to map out developmental programmes that would be aimed at improving the lots of the people in the state.

No wonder . . . "Igbo kwenu!!!"

Modath, Omenka, Dropshot . . . "I nor tell you" . . .

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bayelsans Are So Lazy - Governor Dickson by 989900B: 5:04pm On May 17, 2016
Deadlytruth:

If all these are true about them, then how are they different from Northerners? In fact Northerners might even be better than them.

They are worse, they put "L" 'learner' on government cars and use it for driving lessons.

6 Likes

Re: Bayelsans Are So Lazy - Governor Dickson by MarysMeal: 5:15pm On May 17, 2016
Our oyel money!

4 Likes

Re: Bayelsans Are So Lazy - Governor Dickson by babadee1(m): 5:15pm On May 17, 2016
alt3r3g0:

I'd rather Donald Duke. He put calabar on the map...everyone started copying calabar festival. Did the whole transformation without staining his reputation.

We are tired of rogues as leaders.

I can never forgive Obasanjo for not supporting Donald Duke to be president, he would have been phenomenal. Instead Baba Iyabo wanted his boys there who would bow to him and do his bidding. Almost immediately they ended up marginalizing him.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayelsans Are So Lazy - Governor Dickson by binary123(m): 5:21pm On May 17, 2016
this gorvernor ,eeee so you want us to dey field de do hard labour,why you dey office dey enjoy AC. Na god go punish you eee.
Re: Bayelsans Are So Lazy - Governor Dickson by Nobody: 5:25pm On May 17, 2016
Ijaw people are lazy set of peple

3 Likes

Re: Bayelsans Are So Lazy - Governor Dickson by NOETHNICITY(m): 5:26pm On May 17, 2016
Watch as only ibos will descend on this truth telling gov.

3 Likes

Re: Bayelsans Are So Lazy - Governor Dickson by Gracious10: 5:27pm On May 17, 2016
Wow!! Are you kidding me? . How is it possible that a full fledged made in naija man can be lazy. This is the first time I am learning about this. Nigerians are known to be very hardworking, industrious and unrelenting.

Scared to work even when the job is offered....
This is just unbelievable!

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsans Are So Lazy - Governor Dickson by seyigiggle: 5:28pm On May 17, 2016
same with the Northerners.
Vast land without agricultural activities. all they wait for is government money. even their leaders are in search of crude oil, free money!!!

5 Likes

Re: Bayelsans Are So Lazy - Governor Dickson by Deadlytruth(m): 5:33pm On May 17, 2016
martineverest:
its a major problem most niger deltans have...men from dat region are very lazy.they are renowed drunkards.its a shame dat women are d breadwinners in south south

Niger Delta is not synonymous with the SS. A higher percentage of the SS is located outside the Niger Delta Region. And the oil producing states where this laziness persists even include non-SS states like Ondo and Imo.
Edo and Cross River could be hardly called Oil producing states yet people are very hardworking in these states. Check the transportation industry and you'll see Edegbe, God Is Good, Iyare, Agbonifo, Edionwe, Greener Line, Eagle, Discoop, Big Joe, etc all plying Benin-Lagos, or Benin Abuja or Benin Kaduna. Also you have Ogbemudia Farms Ltd. and many other non oil enterprises all over the state. So statements about laziness in the SS should not be sweeping generalizations.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bayelsans Are So Lazy - Governor Dickson by jumobi1(m): 5:42pm On May 17, 2016
I don't know if his blanket statement is correct but a governor should never insult his people like that. His job is to better their lives. He could motivate them and try to make them productive without making such a statement. He wouldn't have mentioned that if he was up for election.
Re: Bayelsans Are So Lazy - Governor Dickson by ferhyntorlah(f): 5:45pm On May 17, 2016
Immunity1:
let tonybacnista catch you
TonyeBarcanista can't do nada.
BTW Tonye, what's up man?

3 Likes

Re: Bayelsans Are So Lazy - Governor Dickson by Deadlytruth(m): 5:47pm On May 17, 2016
babadee1:

I can never forgive Obasanjo for not supporting David Duke to be president, he would have been phenomenal. Instead Baba Iyabo wanted his boys there who would bow to him and do his bidding. Almost immediately they ended up marginalizing him.

Jonathan was not really the best candidate the SS could offer for presidency. Obasanjo studied all the SS governors then and discovered that GEJ was the weakest, most pliable, most lacking in personal vision and self-conviction, and least self asserting; so he chose him as Yaradua's running mate for the purpose of tokenism so that it would be said he made it possible for power to come to the SS. It was the same way the Northerners studied all the southerners in 1998 and found OBJ to be the most pliable and bendable to Northern interests, most resistant to his own Yoruba agenda, the biggest Southern collaborator and lackey of the Northern Hegemony, etc and then chose him too for the tokenism that after all they were kind enough to give it to a Yoruba man whereas he was actually the worst and least likely candidate the Yorubas would offer for presidency if given the total leverage.
What Northerners did to OBJ he too did to the SS. But the difference was that Yorubas were quick to reject OBJ as a Trogan Horse gift from the North while the SS could not see and till now has still not seen that GEJ was a Trojan Horse offer to the SS by OBJ.

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Bayelsans Are So Lazy - Governor Dickson by YourFatherYansh: 6:01pm On May 17, 2016
Deadlytruth:

U be confirm Idio.t......infact I dedicate my moniker 2 you.
Wenever u wanna make an analogy with d north ...knw da Benue, kwara, Kogi, KD, etc. .are northern states which am sure ur useless state is lazier than dem...
Back 2 d topic....obviously d idiotic people of dat particular region are so damn selfish,greedy,lazy,ritualist,myopic,ineffectual buffoons. ..Dem stil dey fyn derogatory words to classify dem

1 Like

Re: Bayelsans Are So Lazy - Governor Dickson by Deadlytruth(m): 6:09pm On May 17, 2016
YourFatherYansh:

U be confirm Idio.t......infact I dedicate my moniker 2 you.
Wenever u wanna make an analogy with d north ...knw da Benue, kwara, Kogi, KD, etc. .are northern states which am sure ur useless state is lazier than dem...
Back 2 d topic....obviously d idiotic people of dat particular region are so damn selfish,greedy,lazy,ritualist,myopic,ineffectual buffoons. ..Dem stil dey fyn derogatory words to classify dem

Your idiocy has just shown through in your comment which is largely illogical, incoherent and makes no point. No reasonable person with good upbringing would use his father's nyash as his moniker.

5 Likes

Re: Bayelsans Are So Lazy - Governor Dickson by hatchy(f): 6:11pm On May 17, 2016
porshuch:
An average ijaw man is a drunkard and a womanizer, he is only good at sharing sperm to different women. I respect their women so much, they are the breadwinners in most of there various homes.
True talk jareh.That is why you see a whole lot of these bastards causing problems here and there.Go to Bundu waterside or sandfield in port Harcourt

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Reno Omokri Blasts Sheikh Gumi Over Herdsmen Killings / Security Operative Searched Ikpeazu At The Airport / Kaduna Train Attack: 2 Bodies Deposited At Kaduna Hospital, Many Injured

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.