Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,873 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:53 PM

Bayelsans Are So Lazy - Governor Dickson - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bayelsans Are So Lazy - Governor Dickson (36549 Views)

Governor Dickson Of Bayelsa Caught Fishes In A River (Photos) / James Ibori Received By Bayelsans As He Arrives For Condolence Visit (Photos) / Governor Dickson Enjoying A Boat Ride In Niger Delta Creeks. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bayelsans Are So Lazy - Governor Dickson by gabicon: 2:57pm On May 17, 2016
No use crying over spilled milk, create measures and systems to motivate them.
Re: Bayelsans Are So Lazy - Governor Dickson by Scholes007(m): 2:58pm On May 17, 2016
`
Re: Bayelsans Are So Lazy - Governor Dickson by marv1: 3:02pm On May 17, 2016
Really? But they can afford to join millitancy and blow up installations without blinking yet some people will still support them. The 13% extra derivation funds they get from fg has not been used for anything. Other tribes are taking over their job slots and they are ok with it. Where is that asari dokubo self? Has he gone underground?
Greatfuture:
Its pathetic that the Governor is just realising,its been like this for a long time,they like freebies and hate to work,serving in bayela some years back was an eye opener

8 Likes

Re: Bayelsans Are So Lazy - Governor Dickson by jegz25(m): 3:03pm On May 17, 2016
The Niger Deltan's problem is not FG,its their leaders in their region. Despite d huge allocation they r collecting being oil rich states,their people r still suffering and they brainwash them to channel their anger on FG

8 Likes

Re: Bayelsans Are So Lazy - Governor Dickson by OlujobaSamuel: 3:03pm On May 17, 2016
this is not peculiar to bayelsa alone, experienced same in akwa ibom, but seems it's now getting better.
Most of those working with construction companies in akwaibom were from edo and the east, the civil service was also filled up with mostly outsiders, the former governor decide sacking all non-indigenous staff from the civil service, this created a vacuum that they have no choice but to fill up, so whenever you have something to do, you need someone from your clan to stand in for you, if you can't get, it means you are not contributing to the state growth, so you just have to bring a qualified person to take up a post. the private sector in akwaibom is filled with mostly westerners, even fg mda's is filled with cross rivers. Although akwaibom is now better after that policy by akpabio, but the niger delta's need to address this problem, also the fg needs to come in, probably transfer those from the state back there aside security personnel.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bayelsans Are So Lazy - Governor Dickson by Scholes007(m): 3:05pm On May 17, 2016
Our oyel also make so many igbo deny their origin.
Our oyel makes the northern elites to work hand in depriving their citizens education so that they will have so many sai baba.
Our oyel creates tension every day in Nigeria.
Our oyel reduce everything to petty dirty fight...
Our oyel is a double edged sword, it makes big those who have access to it,
And it makes ill those worship and believe in it.

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsans Are So Lazy - Governor Dickson by Nobody: 3:06pm On May 17, 2016
porshuch:
An average ijaw man is a drunkard and a womanizer, he is only good at sharing sperm to different women. I respect their women so much, they are the breadwinners in most of there various homes.
Same with urobo, them nor dey use condom, born everywhere like fly

13 Likes

Re: Bayelsans Are So Lazy - Governor Dickson by omobaekiti: 3:06pm On May 17, 2016
Emade:
this is not matter of bayelsans alone is the ijaws generally
its a thing that's peculiar to the following set of people:
SW:Lagos islanders
SS: Izon,Urhobo,Isoko
NC:A particular ethnic group in Benue,forgotten their names...but SS own get five star.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayelsans Are So Lazy - Governor Dickson by mu2sa2: 3:07pm On May 17, 2016
Gej is a typical example of a Niger deltan -spent 6 years as president, was deputy governor and governor; yet otueke his home town has no portable water!

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayelsans Are So Lazy - Governor Dickson by Nobody: 3:08pm On May 17, 2016
marv1:
Really? But they can afford to join millitancy and blow up installations without blinking yet some people will still support them. The 13% extra derivation funds they get from fg has not been used for anything. Other tribes are taking over their job slots and they are ok with it. Where is that asari dokubo self? Has he gone underground?
That idiot is enjoying amnesty money in Cotonou.

9 Likes

Re: Bayelsans Are So Lazy - Governor Dickson by mu2sa2: 3:09pm On May 17, 2016
Gej is a typical example of a Niger deltan -spent 6 years as president, was deputy governor and governor; yet otueke his home town has no portable water!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayelsans Are So Lazy - Governor Dickson by hundredhunndred: 3:11pm On May 17, 2016
MadCow1:
#FACT!!!!

The Niger Delta man is physically and mentally Lazy.

The region is so bad that there is no Billionaire in the entire region whose wealth has crossed 2 generations. Whereas the Igbo Man, Yoruba man and the Hausa man would build an empire and start setting up his sons and relatives to takeover and expand the empire to last long beyond him, the Niger Delta man once he becomes a billionaire or a millionaire would rather live large, buy multiple cars, marry more wives, birth more kids that he would not provide for and die almost broke leaving his estate in disarray.

The Youths grow up on this belief that they can be lazy and expect to get rich from terrorizing Non-Indigenes and extorting businesses in their locality, selling off their ancestral lands and blowing up oil installations for settlement claims money.

All developmental projects embarked on by the Companies (oil and otherwise), the Government, e.t.c are all sabotaged by the same Niger Deltans who are the primary beneficiaries. I remember how a school with a budget of almost 100 Million was awarded to a Contractor and when he arrived the site to commence work, the Chief and the Youths started harassing him and in the end, the Chief demanded 15 million Naira for him to sign a Work Completion Certificate for the Contractor. The Contractor ofcourse offered the Chief 15 Million out of the almost 100 Million, settled the youths with like 2 million Naira and pocketed the rest of the dough. That job was marked as completed on the list. No thanks to the Community people.

I have sat in on several MOU's and I am yet to come out of any one where I can say the representatives of the Community had the best interest of the people they claimed to represent at heart.

I remember how one community demanded that their people be sent on training and paid a salary of 750,000 per month for the duration of the course.. grin I was like WTF?

Total Nigeria Limited has spent over 1 Million Euros on OML 58 Communities i in Rivers State in the last 6 Years and yet that community does not look like they have ever seen dollars before. Same with NAOC and SPDC amongst others.

If you are a contractor in the Niger Delta, you know all I am saying first hand, if you are not, ask anybody who is to tell you stories.

Its in the Niger Delta that you will get a Contract to fabricate or construct something, after settling the chiefs and elders and youths, they will give you a list of persons who you must employ before you commence work and they will in some cases stipulate their salaries. After you agree, these workers will never turn up to work until its time for salary. angry

The biggest enemies of the Niger Delta is the Niger Delta.

Dickson did not lie, the Niger Delta Man is Physically, Mentally and Spiritually lazy.

3 Likes

Re: Bayelsans Are So Lazy - Governor Dickson by timpaker(m): 3:11pm On May 17, 2016
#TrueTalk

1 Like

Re: Bayelsans Are So Lazy - Governor Dickson by Nobody: 3:12pm On May 17, 2016
mu2sa2:
Gej is a typical example of a typical Niger deltan -spent 6 years as president, was deputy governor and governor; yet otueke his home town has no portable water!
I would have prefer if ibori was president, no matter how ibori loot reach, he must do something for his people, look at ogara for example, good road, western Delta university, and delta state teaching hospital, which is the best hospital in delta. But gej ordinary road from warri to port Harcourt he couldn't complete in six yrs.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayelsans Are So Lazy - Governor Dickson by akreest(m): 3:13pm On May 17, 2016
Truth is bitter but it has to be told.

I once has cause to counsel a youth in one of the riverine communities in Bayelsa state on the need to learn 'Welding' so that it can guarantee him a job in future when other contractors come to the community to work or even outside his community. At that time, we were executing a major project in his community and the Contractor had set up a FREE training workshop for youths from the community to learn the trade.

The young man looked me straight in the eyes and told me "Oil dey my papa land. If people see me dey work, dem no go talk say something dey wrong with me?" (Translated loosely - "I have Crude oil on my ancestral land. People will think I am crazy if I am seen doing any form of work.)

I was shocked to the point of being speechless.

The Governor is right about his people

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bayelsans Are So Lazy - Governor Dickson by wilybebsy(m): 3:15pm On May 17, 2016
For the first time this nigga is saying the truthcheesycheesycheesy

6 Likes

Re: Bayelsans Are So Lazy - Governor Dickson by modath(f): 3:18pm On May 17, 2016
..... DP..

1 Like

Re: Bayelsans Are So Lazy - Governor Dickson by modath(f): 3:18pm On May 17, 2016
MadCow1:
#FACT!!!!

The Niger Delta man is physically and mentally Lazy.

The region is so bad that there is no Billionaire in the entire region whose wealth has crossed 2 generations. Whereas the Igbo Man, Yoruba man and the Hausa man would build an empire and start setting up his sons and relatives to takeover and expand the empire to last long beyond him, the Niger Delta man once he becomes a billionaire or a millionaire would rather live large, buy multiple cars, marry more wives, birth more kids that he would not provide for and die almost broke leaving his estate in disarray.

The Youths grow up on this belief that they can be lazy and expect to get rich from terrorizing Non-Indigenes and extorting businesses in their locality, selling off their ancestral lands and blowing up oil installations for settlement claims money.

All developmental projects embarked on by the Companies (oil and otherwise), the Government, e.t.c are all sabotaged by the same Niger Deltans who are the primary beneficiaries. I remember how a school with a budget of almost 100 Million was awarded to a Contractor and when he arrived the site to commence work, the Chief and the Youths started harassing him and in the end, the Chief demanded 15 million Naira for him to sign a Work Completion Certificate for the Contractor. The Contractor ofcourse offered the Chief 15 Million out of the almost 100 Million, settled the youths with like 2 million Naira and pocketed the rest of the dough. That job was marked as completed on the list. No thanks to the Community people.

I have sat in on several MOU's and I am yet to come out of any one where I can say the representatives of the Community had the best interest of the people they claimed to represent at heart.

I remember how one community demanded that their people be sent on training and paid a salary of 750,000 per month for the duration of the course.. grin I was like WTF?

Total Nigeria Limited has spent over 1 Million Euros on OML 58 Communities i in Rivers State in the last 6 Years and yet that community does not look like they have ever seen dollars before. Same with NAOC and SPDC amongst others.

If you are a contractor in the Niger Delta, you know all I am saying first hand, if you are not, ask anybody who is to tell you stories.

Its in the Niger Delta that you will get a Contract to fabricate or construct something, after settling the chiefs and elders and youths, they will give you a list of persons who you must employ before you commence work and they will in some cases stipulate their salaries. After you agree, these workers will never turn up to work until its time for salary. angry

The biggest enemies of the Niger Delta is the Niger Delta.

Dickson did not lie, the Niger Delta Man is Physically, Mentally and Spiritually lazy.

I didn't want to contribute but there is not one lie in this..

A friend told me about one community that a school was supposed to built as well, one group claimed their kids were too grown for primary school, the others said they don't have kids yet, at the end of everything, the funds were shared and that was the end of everything..

So sad and disheartening....

17 Likes 2 Shares

.... TP..
Re: Bayelsans Are So Lazy - Governor Dickson by amiskurie(m): 3:20pm On May 17, 2016
And they want to be independent?

3 Likes

Re: Bayelsans Are So Lazy - Governor Dickson by freshawag: 3:26pm On May 17, 2016
Emade:
this is not matter of bayelsans alone is the ijaws generally
I agree with u 100%

1 Like

Re: Bayelsans Are So Lazy - Governor Dickson by Alexk2(m): 3:27pm On May 17, 2016
I agree with him to a great extend...but the truth is, the lazy trend is peculiar to all the oil producing states.

3 Likes

Re: Bayelsans Are So Lazy - Governor Dickson by Teespice(f): 3:28pm On May 17, 2016
I can't help but agree with dickson.

very lazy set of people. I schooled in yenagoa for almost a year. the mentality of the average person in bayelsa state is bring make we dey chop, dey jolly dey make merry. on a Monday evening, bars and joints are so full you would wonder if these people ever go to work at all.

would you blame alams of blessed memory who I heard was fond of giving people money on a regular basis which made them have this false sense of entitlement.

6 Likes

Re: Bayelsans Are So Lazy - Governor Dickson by martineverest(m): 3:29pm On May 17, 2016
porshuch:
An average ijaw man is a drunkard and a womanizer, he is only good at sharing sperm to different women. I respect their women so much, they are the breadwinners in most of there various homes.
its a major problem most niger deltans have...men from dat region are very lazy.they are renowed drunkards.its a shame dat women are d breadwinners in south south

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayelsans Are So Lazy - Governor Dickson by farem: 3:29pm On May 17, 2016
madridguy:
I am very sure some children of hate will soon evade this thread to raise curse on Gov. Dickson for saying the truth. The same Bayelsans complaining of giving their work to foreigner. May God help our Oyel broda. grin grin grin grin
Re: Bayelsans Are So Lazy - Governor Dickson by Precide(m): 3:34pm On May 17, 2016
OZAOEKPE:
shocked the mad man should v=have said this before the election shocked
ahah shocked

1 Like

Re: Bayelsans Are So Lazy - Governor Dickson by themistocles: 3:34pm On May 17, 2016
an average ijaw guy is a chronic flirt 2 d extent dey wuld rather prefer to die in a hole.....der girls r so cheap dat u can straf any u meet today today.....very loose girls

6 Likes

Re: Bayelsans Are So Lazy - Governor Dickson by themistocles: 3:37pm On May 17, 2016
amiskurie:
And they want to be independent?
.....dey depend heavily on South East .....imagine in bayelsa,90% of business owners r Igbo...u can make ur research

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayelsans Are So Lazy - Governor Dickson by wheredemdey: 3:39pm On May 17, 2016
What's the difference between bayelsans and the Lagos island boys

No insults ooo...kindly discuss in a sane manner...i will reply insults for insults..no dulling

4 Likes

Re: Bayelsans Are So Lazy - Governor Dickson by persius555(m): 3:39pm On May 17, 2016
It is elites like seriake dickson that have been responsible for the economic backwardness of the region.
For years, they hid this truth away from the people. Now that federal allocation has drastically reduced, he decides to raise an alarm.
Would he have spoken out if federal allocation has not reduced? Your answer is as good as mine.
Mr Dickson, please go and pay your workers first.
#Nonsensetalk

6 Likes

Re: Bayelsans Are So Lazy - Governor Dickson by ThreeGEEKS(m): 3:39pm On May 17, 2016
As if he ain't one of them undecided

1 Like

Re: Bayelsans Are So Lazy - Governor Dickson by walera10(m): 3:40pm On May 17, 2016
Reading tru dis thread... I must say am in utter shock. Like Jesus said on the cross ‘IT IS FINISHED‘ dis pple are finished..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Senator Nuhu Aliyu Is Dead / Why APC Lost Zamfara To PDP – Shehu Sani / Evan’s Co-Defendant Chiemeka Arinze, Dies In Custody

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.