Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,702 members, 7,809,667 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:48 PM

Yinka Odumakin; " Count Me Out Of Occupy Nigeria 2.0" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yinka Odumakin; " Count Me Out Of Occupy Nigeria 2.0" (3069 Views)

Time To Call Out Osinbajo By Yinka Odumakin / Yinka Odumakin, Gani Adams Are Fraudsters, Thugs - Governor Akeredolu / "Osinbajo Acts Under A Cabal Loyal To President Buhari" - Yinka Odumakin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yinka Odumakin; " Count Me Out Of Occupy Nigeria 2.0" by modath(f): 9:11am On May 17, 2016

WHILE I join other well-meaning Nigerians to condemn in the strongest terms, the recent insensitive,wicked and punitive increase in the price of petrol to officially N145 per litre,I have to tell all those who have called on me to be part of providing leadership for resistance to the measure to perish the thought.

My heart is with the conned people of Nigeria as they fight this unpopular act of government but my body will not be in their midst. Having spent 30 years of my life in the struggle against the manipulation of the people on this issue of “fuel subsidy”. I am fully persuaded that I have to deploy my energy to a nobler cause. I have to take public stand in view of the various calls, messages, and verbal requests that have come to me since the Federal Government decided to sentence Nigerians to more hardship by increasing the pump price (don’t soak the “deregulation” lie). My provoking encounter with a gentleman 2I never knew at an intersection in Abuja on Friday whom I asked for direction is the last straw. The man entered his car and offered to lead me to the road I asked for and then said “Mr Odumakin,please we are waiting for your leadership against this fuel price regime. Help me tell Madam too…”

After leaving school,I have participated in so many protests against “subsidy removal”. I recall the days of Obasanjo when Adams Oshiomole as NLC President would ostensibly have agreed with the government on pump price and they would fix something higher. The demagogue would then led the country to protest.Whenever it was time to decide on strike,he would allow us radicals to speak without inhibitions but after two or three days of protest he would go for “negotiation”.By the time he summons the meeting to call off the strike to accept the offer from government,he would ensure that only his henchmen are allowed to speak in favor of strike “suspension.”

The most memorable of the anti-fuel hike protests for me was “Occupy Nigeria” in 2012 when the administration of former President Goodluck Jonathan increased pump price to N140 per liter on New Year day. Pastor Tunde Bakare who joined us on the street for the first time in 2010 when he convened the Save Nigeria Group,SNG, to rattle the cabal that would not allow power transfer to Jonathan in spite of the incapacitation of President Umaru Yar’Adua had asked me to call a meeting of the fighters. We met at the SNG secretariat with Femi and Seun Kuti, King Wasiu Ayinde Marshal, Ras Kimono and Dede Mabiakwu in attendance. We agreed to have a rally at Ojota on January 9,2012. January 12, 2012 protest: We expected good turn out based on the mobilisation we carried out but the turn out surpassed our expectations.The second day doubled the first day.The third day spilled out of control. The fourth day communicated to us that a stampede was in the offing if we did not do something .We had to ask the crowd to go home for the weekend on the fifth and return on Monday. Our suspension allowed Labour to cut a deal and Ojota was taken over before we could come back on Monday by troops.

A lot has been written about Ojota and how Fashola and Tinubu “funded” the big movement.The truth is farther from that lie.Pastor Bakare and I met Fashola once during the protests where he appealed that we should not allow a breakdown of law and order so that the Federal Government would not declare an emergency in Lagos.We didn’t take a dime from him.We had no interaction with Tinubu in anyway. A Nigerian billionaire who lived abroad who offered to support the mvement was told by Pastor Bakare that we could afford to sponsor what we were doing. All we spent for the five days that shook the world was N7.5million and not one kobo of it came from any external source.

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/fuel-hike-price-sorry-wont-ojota/

mynd44 lalasticlala
Re: Yinka Odumakin; " Count Me Out Of Occupy Nigeria 2.0" by OZAOEKPE(f): 9:12am On May 17, 2016
grin i am dedicating this space to my love, my angel, my queen, my heart, my all, my handbag, my wallet, my woman, my pwincess, my number one fan, my goddess, my jewel, my diamond, my ada. i know she is seeing this message, i just want to tell her that i love her to my bone marrow. she is all i got, and nothing will come between us. i love you so much kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

@topic, let boooohari increase the price of fuel to N500, me and my girl go survive am, cause the power of love is stronger than fuel price cool

5 Likes

Re: Yinka Odumakin; " Count Me Out Of Occupy Nigeria 2.0" by theV0ice: 9:15am On May 17, 2016
A lot has been written about Ojota and how Fashola and Tinubu “funded” the big movement.The truth is farther from that lie.Pastor Bakare and I met Fashola once during the protests where he appealed that we should not allow a breakdown of law and order so that the Federal Government would not declare an emergency in Lagos.We didn’t take a dime from him.We had no interaction with Tinubu in anyway. A Nigerian billionaire who lived abroad who offered to support the mvement was told by Pastor Bakare that we could afford to sponsor what we were doing. All we spent for the five days that shook the world was N7.5million and not one kobo of it came from any external source.

I'm glad Odumakin has set the records straight with this.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yinka Odumakin; " Count Me Out Of Occupy Nigeria 2.0" by modath(f): 9:16am On May 17, 2016

This says a whole looooooooottttttt!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Yinka Odumakin; " Count Me Out Of Occupy Nigeria 2.0" by Oche211(m): 9:18am On May 17, 2016
Ok
for those of you on nairaland supporting subsidy remove, i say may thunder fire all of u.
Subsidy removal has caused ripple effects in every sector of the economy including education.
Buhari nd Apc had strongly, consistently nd continously told us there was nothing like subsidy.
Even if u want to remove subsidy, ensure their are measures to atleast absorb some of the shocks on the people.
Nt when the economy nd everywhere in d country dey hard nd is competing with sahara nd sahel deserts in terms of dryness.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yinka Odumakin; " Count Me Out Of Occupy Nigeria 2.0" by Destined2win: 9:19am On May 17, 2016
People are just tired of Nigeria. Yinka needs to look for money so that he can afford the new price of N145 per litre. No 'time' to 'occupy Nigeria'

1 Like

Re: Yinka Odumakin; " Count Me Out Of Occupy Nigeria 2.0" by incomintop: 9:19am On May 17, 2016
Typical response from a yoru man

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yinka Odumakin; " Count Me Out Of Occupy Nigeria 2.0" by theV0ice: 9:23am On May 17, 2016
incomintop:

Tell me the expected response from an Ibo man.

After battling for 30+ years, you still want Odumakin to continue. Are you or your leaders too lily livered to fight?

Or is kanu the only worthy freedom fighter in your enclave?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yinka Odumakin; " Count Me Out Of Occupy Nigeria 2.0" by dunkem21(m): 9:24am On May 17, 2016
Crap undecided ..

Tell us the name of the imaginary Nigerian billionaire abroad so that we will know the enemy of Nigeria.

Lalasticlala, transfer this nonsense to the kiddies section angry
Re: Yinka Odumakin; " Count Me Out Of Occupy Nigeria 2.0" by DesChyko: 9:25am On May 17, 2016
Poor sacrifices of politicians greedy cause.
Victim of the last fuel subsidy protest.

1 Like

Re: Yinka Odumakin; " Count Me Out Of Occupy Nigeria 2.0" by modath(f): 9:37am On May 17, 2016
incomintop:

Stop being a sore loser, he wasnt a typical Yoruba when he was supporting IB after he and his wife were eating from the National Bazaar SNC bah?

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/07/no-regrets-supporting-jonathan-odumakin/https://www.naij.com/373843-yoruba-group-endorses-jonathan-for-2nd-term-in-office.html

http://ynaija.com/dropped-buhari-jonathan-odumakin/

When same Odumakin has been known to carpet Tinubu and his former allies on numerous occassion ,

http://ayodelenews..com.ng/2013/07/ogbeni-odumakin-hits-tinubu-says-he.html

http://sundiatapost.com/2015/01/25/odumakin-repudiates-buhari-apc-says-party-thrives-on-lies-propaganda/

Any narrative that doesnt conform to your myopic bias results in the usual polarizing tribalistic inanities!!!! Never seen a deeply disturbed and intolerant crop, cant people hold dissenting opinions/ cant they have freedom to express themselves without all these childish tantrums thrown at them? grow up abeg!!!

10 Likes

Re: Yinka Odumakin; " Count Me Out Of Occupy Nigeria 2.0" by OZAOEKPE(f): 9:39am On May 17, 2016
modath:

Stop being a sore loser, he wasnt a typical Yoruba when he was supporting IB after he and his wife were eating from the National Bazaar SNC bah?

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/07/no-regrets-supporting-jonathan-odumakin/https://www.naij.com/373843-yoruba-group-endorses-jonathan-for-2nd-term-in-office.html

http://ynaija.com/dropped-buhari-jonathan-odumakin/

When same Odumakin has been known to carpet Tinubu and his former allies on numerous occassion ,

http://ayodelenews..com.ng/2013/07/ogbeni-odumakin-hits-tinubu-says-he.html

http://sundiatapost.com/2015/01/25/odumakin-repudiates-buhari-apc-says-party-thrives-on-lies-propaganda/

Any narrative that doesnt confirm to your myopic bias results in the usual polarizing tribalistic inanities!!!! Never seen a deeply disturbed and intolerant crop, cant people hold dissenting opinions/ cant they have freedom to express themselves without all these childish tantrums thrown at them? grow up abeg!!!
can't he lift it to 35 years instead of retiring now at 30 years?

3 Likes

Re: Yinka Odumakin; " Count Me Out Of Occupy Nigeria 2.0" by dunkem21(m): 9:42am On May 17, 2016
Before @GEJonathan increased fuel price in
2012, he increased minimum wage and NYSC
pay in 2011 because he's a leader who pitied
the masses.

— Reno Omokri (@renoomokri) May 12, 2016
The same arguments that @GEJonathan used
is the arguments being used by the current
admin. They should pay GEJ copyright for his
ideas!

They said there was no subsidy. That
@GEJonathan was deceiving Nigerians. Is there
subsidy today? Who is deceiving Nigerians
today?

The same @GEJonathan that APC demonized is
the man who increased your minimum wage,
revived our rail way, stabilized forex, gave you
YouWIN.

Nigerians can now see the #OccupyNigeria
movement for what it was. Occupy Nigeria for
their selfish agenda, not for the benefit of
Nigerians

#FuelScarcity#ForexScarcity#FoodScarcity#Ful
aniHerdsmen#FailedPromises#FantasticallyC
orrupt
Result after one year in power=F9!
Was this a prophecy? pic.twitter.com/
Kcjf5vBoNC

2 Likes

Re: Yinka Odumakin; " Count Me Out Of Occupy Nigeria 2.0" by theV0ice: 9:44am On May 17, 2016
OZAOEKPE:

And you oremusanctus, can't you lead the fight?

Or you need the Pope to come anoint you first?

1 Like

Re: Yinka Odumakin; " Count Me Out Of Occupy Nigeria 2.0" by OZAOEKPE(f): 9:45am On May 17, 2016
theV0ice:

And you oremusanctus, can't you lead the fight?

Or you need the Pope to come anoint you first?
not that bro, he shouldn't give us any excuses. nothing is working in this country, its best we go our separate ways. Lord lugard was a big full lipsrsealed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yinka Odumakin; " Count Me Out Of Occupy Nigeria 2.0" by theV0ice: 9:48am On May 17, 2016
OZAOEKPE:

not that bro, he shouldn't give us any excuses. nothing is working in this country, its best we go our separate ways. Lord lugard was a big full lipsrsealed

He's giving excuses because he knows nothing will come out of the fight. Ayuba Wabba can't fight against Oshiomhole who practically decided the NLC election in his favour. A deal would have been agreed so why should Odumakin make a fool of himself?

@ the bold, I would really like that and the way everything is going, its inevitable that we will sooner than we think

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yinka Odumakin; " Count Me Out Of Occupy Nigeria 2.0" by modath(f): 9:50am On May 17, 2016
OZAOEKPE:

Na by force? cheesy ... You sha wan me to respond by force. cheesy

The man say hin nor do, Yoloba say dem don taya for the cause of carrying the dead weight of protest, let another region take the lead just this once, that isn't too much to ask........

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yinka Odumakin; " Count Me Out Of Occupy Nigeria 2.0" by OZAOEKPE(f): 9:53am On May 17, 2016
modath:

The man say hin nor do, Yoloba say dem don taya for the cause of carrying the dead weight of protest, let another region take the lead just this once, that isn't too much to ask........

i am blushing *covers face*
Re: Yinka Odumakin; " Count Me Out Of Occupy Nigeria 2.0" by theV0ice: 9:55am On May 17, 2016
modath:

Exactly!! Let another region lead the fight. Yolobas have marginalised other regions enough in the matter of protests.

Against general Obasanjo

Against Col Ahmadu Alli (Ali must go)

Against IBB, na them.

Against Abacha, na them

Against Abdulsalami, na them

Against chief OBJ, na them

Against GEJ, na them.

Na only them dey? The marginalisation must stop. Let others come try their hands too abeg.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yinka Odumakin; " Count Me Out Of Occupy Nigeria 2.0" by dunkem21(m): 9:55am On May 17, 2016
theV0ice:

Exactly!! Let another region lead the fight. Yolobas have marginalised other regions enough in the matter of protests.
Against general Obasanjo
Against Col Ahmadu Alli (Ali must go)
Against IBB, na them.
Against Abacha, na them
Against Abdulsalami, na them
Against chief OBJ, na them
Against GEJ, na them.
Na only them dey? The marginalisation must stop. Let others come try their hands too abeg.

I hate to use region before resident bigots will start jumping in ..

..Sane minds didn't protest in Occupy 1.0; so why should they champion Part 2?

..Zombies that don't have sense should continue with the protests ..

Ehm, have they finished #OcupyingNASS grin

1 Like

Re: Yinka Odumakin; " Count Me Out Of Occupy Nigeria 2.0" by Goke7: 9:58am On May 17, 2016
modath:

The man say hin nor do, Yoloba say dem don taya for the cause of carrying the dead weight of protest, let another [b]region take the lead just this once, that isn't too much to ask........
[/b]

I tire o for these lazy bunch, dem no get shame. when pdp should be organizing musical concerts right now in ojota, na caucus meeting for one yeye party convention dem sabi do.

thunder fire the so called opposition in Nigeria, they are all cowards whether pdp, ipob, NDA or what have you, cowards indeed

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yinka Odumakin; " Count Me Out Of Occupy Nigeria 2.0" by theV0ice: 9:58am On May 17, 2016
dunkem21:
Sane minds didn't protest in Occupy 1.0; so why should they champion Part 2?

..Zombies that don't have sense should continue with the protests ..

Ehm, have they finished #OcupyingNASS grin

This is the turn of the wailing, hateful and bitter Zombies like you cheesy

Pls show them how its done otherwise poverty from buying fuel @ N145 will kill you o wink

4 Likes

Re: Yinka Odumakin; " Count Me Out Of Occupy Nigeria 2.0" by greatgod2012(f): 9:59am On May 17, 2016
This man is obviously tired of the Nigeria's numerous and consistent problems
Re: Yinka Odumakin; " Count Me Out Of Occupy Nigeria 2.0" by dunkem21(m): 10:03am On May 17, 2016
theV0ice:

Pls show them how its done otherwise poverty from buying fuel @ N145 will kill you o wink

Lol .. Me wey still get plenty fuel wey I buy N87/litre. grin

We call you Zombies because you don't think undecided

1 Like

Re: Yinka Odumakin; " Count Me Out Of Occupy Nigeria 2.0" by theV0ice: 10:05am On May 17, 2016
dunkem21:

Lol .. Me wey still get plenty fuel wey I buy N87/litre. grin

We call you Zombies because you don't think undecided

Me I get it free from my workplace, so I don't need to even pay. grin

I call you a wailing, hateful, bitter and dumb Zombie because after thinking, you still do poorly than those who don't. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Yinka Odumakin; " Count Me Out Of Occupy Nigeria 2.0" by dunkem21(m): 10:08am On May 17, 2016
theV0ice:

I call you a wailing, hateful, bitter and dumb Zombie because after thinking, you still do poorly than those who don't. cheesy

Abeg, don't derail this useless thread .. If you need fuel, I can give you @ N97 ..

Ifeanyichukwu Ubah must have kept aside 10 million litres @ N87.
Re: Yinka Odumakin; " Count Me Out Of Occupy Nigeria 2.0" by theV0ice: 10:10am On May 17, 2016
dunkem21:

Abeg, don't derail this useless thread .. If you need fuel, I can give you @ N97 ..

Ifeanyichukwu Ubah must have kept aside 10 million litres @ N87.

I get mine free. Let Ifeanyi ubah save his folks in anambra from the economic ruin fuel marketers want to bring to them with outrageous prices. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Yinka Odumakin; " Count Me Out Of Occupy Nigeria 2.0" by dunkem21(m): 10:13am On May 17, 2016
theV0ice:

I get mine free. Let Ifeanyi ubah save his folks in anambra from the economic ruin fuel marketers want to bring to them with outrageous prices. cheesy

Of course, like he saved Lagosians last year grin

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/scarcity-ifeanyi-ubahs-capital-oil-to-release-13-million-litres-fuel/
Re: Yinka Odumakin; " Count Me Out Of Occupy Nigeria 2.0" by modath(f): 10:14am On May 17, 2016
Goke7:

I tire o for these lazy bunch, dem no get shame. when pdp should be organizing musical concerts right now in ojota, na caucus meeting for one yeye party convention dem sabi do.
thunder fire the so called opposition in Nigeria, they are all cowards whether pdp, ipob, NDA or what have you, cowards indeed

theV0ice:

Nothing stops the 'OCCUPY' from going to Enugu, Abuja, Aba, or PH, abi na only Ojota dey? smiley

3 Likes

Re: Yinka Odumakin; " Count Me Out Of Occupy Nigeria 2.0" by dunkem21(m): 10:18am On May 17, 2016
We don't need any OCCUPYING in Enugu ..

They should #OCCUPYNASS .."Saratiff" is yet to resign grin
Re: Yinka Odumakin; " Count Me Out Of Occupy Nigeria 2.0" by Goke7: 10:21am On May 17, 2016
modath:

Nothing stops the 'OCCUPY' from going to Enugu, Abuja, Aba, or PH, abi na only Ojota dey? smiley

they waiting for el rufai, odumakin, pastor bakare and others before they can 'OCCUPY' omode lon se won o, dem no get liver
Re: Yinka Odumakin; " Count Me Out Of Occupy Nigeria 2.0" by haywire07(m): 10:25am On May 17, 2016
If I shout "say baba" now, pple go just begin beat me cry cry cry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pictures Of DLA Road In Asaba / Ondo Decide : Wards And Units Results Update / Plot To Assasinate Kanu Thickens As Abuja Based The 3rd Eye Leak Classified Info

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.