Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,617 members, 7,816,539 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:52 PM

Roasted Corn Or Cooked Corn Which One Do You Prefer? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Roasted Corn Or Cooked Corn Which One Do You Prefer? (2021 Views)

See What A Lady Cooked For Her Man ! / Kinds Of Concoction Food You Ate Or Cooked In School? / Your Favorite Road Side Meal : Boli, Boiled/Roasted Corn Or Roasted Yam? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Roasted Corn Or Cooked Corn Which One Do You Prefer? by mamagee6(f): 7:20pm On Aug 17, 2009
Which one do you think is better and tastes better.
Re: Roasted Corn Or Cooked Corn Which One Do You Prefer? by Hauwa1: 10:50pm On Aug 17, 2009
corn moi moi (ukpo oka)
Re: Roasted Corn Or Cooked Corn Which One Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 10:53pm On Aug 17, 2009
Re: Roasted Corn Or Cooked Corn Which One Do You Prefer? by MrCrackles(m): 10:54pm On Aug 17, 2009
Both. . . . tongue
Re: Roasted Corn Or Cooked Corn Which One Do You Prefer? by bluespice(f): 12:44am On Aug 18, 2009
dont like corn
but cooked corn will be a better alternative
Re: Roasted Corn Or Cooked Corn Which One Do You Prefer? by nex(m): 1:44am On Aug 18, 2009
I prefer roasted corn, it has more flavour.
Re: Roasted Corn Or Cooked Corn Which One Do You Prefer? by Diva1(f): 5:49am On Aug 18, 2009
Can I choose both? smiley I'd prefer roasted corn with pears (ube) kiss but still love boiled/cooked corn.
Re: Roasted Corn Or Cooked Corn Which One Do You Prefer? by C2H5OH(f): 5:51am On Aug 18, 2009
BOTH!!!

roasted corn done right tastes very good. so does boiled corn with coconut.

i remember those days during the corn season.
Re: Roasted Corn Or Cooked Corn Which One Do You Prefer? by oyinda3(f): 5:53am On Aug 18, 2009
roasted!
Re: Roasted Corn Or Cooked Corn Which One Do You Prefer? by Diva1(f): 7:26am On Aug 18, 2009
C2H5OH:

BOTH!!!

roasted corn done right tastes very good. so does boiled corn with coconut.

i remember those days during the corn season.

Oh yeah, boiled corn with coconut kiss, miss those days. Here I have to roast the corn in the oven but doesn't come a 100% like the ones back home.
Re: Roasted Corn Or Cooked Corn Which One Do You Prefer? by anochie: 11:17am On Aug 18, 2009
roasted and ube all d time
Re: Roasted Corn Or Cooked Corn Which One Do You Prefer? by UKDREAM: 11:26am On Aug 18, 2009
I love both but the corn must be fresh and soft.I've noticed that Lagosians can't roast corn without burning it.Back home you get perfectly roasted golden corn with pear.
Re: Roasted Corn Or Cooked Corn Which One Do You Prefer? by yjay(f): 12:06pm On Aug 18, 2009
loveeeeee the boiled one with cooconut!!!!yummy grin
Re: Roasted Corn Or Cooked Corn Which One Do You Prefer? by chiejik(f): 12:58pm On Aug 18, 2009
i dont eat corn
Re: Roasted Corn Or Cooked Corn Which One Do You Prefer? by ifyalways(f): 1:35pm On Aug 18, 2009
Both with the right accompainment.
Boiled corn with coconut,Roasted with pear(ube).
Re: Roasted Corn Or Cooked Corn Which One Do You Prefer? by azeeza(f): 3:15pm On Aug 18, 2009
boiled wit coconut
Re: Roasted Corn Or Cooked Corn Which One Do You Prefer? by Abbeycity4(f): 5:06pm On Aug 18, 2009
Roasted wit coconut it must b Ibeni (fresh one) kiss kiss
Re: Roasted Corn Or Cooked Corn Which One Do You Prefer? by Fhemmmy: 5:40pm On Aug 18, 2009
Boiled Corn is nice with coconuts.
Roasted Corn is nice too, but not the hard one oh, that one na punishment
Re: Roasted Corn Or Cooked Corn Which One Do You Prefer? by oyinda3(f): 8:42pm On Aug 18, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Roasted Corn is nice too, but not the hard one oh, that one na punishment

hahahahah true dat. who wants to feel like they're chewing plastic?
Re: Roasted Corn Or Cooked Corn Which One Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 8:43pm On Aug 18, 2009
anochie:

roasted and ube all d time

We were born from the same mother.
Re: Roasted Corn Or Cooked Corn Which One Do You Prefer? by Fhemmmy: 8:51pm On Aug 18, 2009
oyinda.:

hahahahah true dat. who wants to feel like they're chewing plastic?

i am glad that i am not alone on that
Re: Roasted Corn Or Cooked Corn Which One Do You Prefer? by C2H5OH(f): 8:52pm On Aug 18, 2009
get a room you two grin
Re: Roasted Corn Or Cooked Corn Which One Do You Prefer? by aieromon(m): 2:20am On Aug 19, 2009
I'll go with cooked corn.
Roasted corn gives me night cough.
Re: Roasted Corn Or Cooked Corn Which One Do You Prefer? by TOYOSI20(f): 4:34am On Aug 19, 2009
Boiled corn does it for moi, . . .its softer and goes well wid BUTTER!! kiss smiley
Re: Roasted Corn Or Cooked Corn Which One Do You Prefer? by amosexy: 3:58pm On Aug 19, 2009
Both but nt witout COCONUT
Re: Roasted Corn Or Cooked Corn Which One Do You Prefer? by Fhemmmy: 5:35pm On Aug 19, 2009
amosexy:

Both but nt witout COCONUT

u sabi better thing
Re: Roasted Corn Or Cooked Corn Which One Do You Prefer? by mohawkchic(f): 2:51am On Aug 20, 2009
~You folks & Coconut Again! grin

~I prefer Salted Butter Boiled Corn to Roasted. . .
Re: Roasted Corn Or Cooked Corn Which One Do You Prefer? by C2H5OH(f): 2:53am On Aug 20, 2009
mohawkchic:

~You folks & Coconut Again! grin

~I prefer Salted Butter Boiled Corn to Roasted. . .

That's the americanized version.
First time I tried sweet corn I was upset for the whole day.
Lacks the proper naija taste.
Re: Roasted Corn Or Cooked Corn Which One Do You Prefer? by OgidiBoy(m): 2:53am On Aug 20, 2009
*Hauwa*:

corn moi moi (ukpo oka)

grin grin grin how do you know about that

I love cooked corn with plenty of sager and butter.
Re: Roasted Corn Or Cooked Corn Which One Do You Prefer? by mohawkchic(f): 3:16am On Aug 20, 2009
C2H5OH:

That's the americanized version.
[b]First time I tried sweet corn I was upset for the whole day.[/b]Lacks the proper naija taste.

~Aaaw! cheesy

~I'm hooked on Sweetcorn. . .Green Giant Sweetcorn brand only. . . . Love it w/ mayo

~In SLE,the corn on cob is boiled in salted water. . .If its home made i ask for a dollop of butter to be added while it boils. . i had a chance to eat SLE style boil corn when i went back home two yrs ago. .

~The street vendors always have cellophanes of plastics, wrapped tightly to keep the heat. . .

~In some resturant Boiled Corn on Cob is served,i have it every now & again. . tastes no different than the one back home tho
Re: Roasted Corn Or Cooked Corn Which One Do You Prefer? by C2H5OH(f): 3:42am On Aug 20, 2009
LOL Aww indeed, yeah, I know right?

The closest I've been to acquiring a similar taste here is the chinese corn they sell at their "Ocean" markets.

Sweet corn just didn't do it for me. The taste was unnatural. Like digesting those artifical sweetners you put in coffee or something.

I haven't tried Green Giant Sweetcorn, where can I get it?

Now, your SLE corn sounds more like it. Yum yum
Re: Roasted Corn Or Cooked Corn Which One Do You Prefer? by mohawkchic(f): 4:01am On Aug 20, 2009
~I've never tried the Chinese Corn

~Some sweetcorn do tatse unnatural which is why i swear by Green Giant brand. . The Best got you this link & a pic,maybe when you browse in SM you'll find it . . . .http://www.britishsupermarketworldwide.com/acatalog/info_35720.html

~SLE Corn is Yum. .

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do You Toast Or Burn You Bread Before Eating It? / . / Ewedu Can Prevent And Cure Ebola - PROFESSOR

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.