Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,934 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:20 PM

List Of Items You Must Have In Your Home For Emergencies - By Laffhub.com - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / List Of Items You Must Have In Your Home For Emergencies - By Laffhub.com (53453 Views)

For Emergencies Call For Help Easily With This App / Marriage List Of Items In Imo Presented To Prospective Groom From Anambra / 6 Things To Never Have In Your Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of Items You Must Have In Your Home For Emergencies - By Laffhub.com by Faru1(m): 5:36pm On May 17, 2016
nice write-up.

But bad guys fill every where o, writer is serious and you are talking of condom ? if you are married can you say that to your children.....
Re: List Of Items You Must Have In Your Home For Emergencies - By Laffhub.com by skywalker001(m): 5:40pm On May 17, 2016
mytime24:
Torchlight durin action angry

Just incase lipsrsealed
Which action o abeg... Enlighten me more cuz am more interested in yours dan d topic itself
Re: List Of Items You Must Have In Your Home For Emergencies - By Laffhub.com by BossDanniee(m): 5:43pm On May 17, 2016
Pump action
Re: List Of Items You Must Have In Your Home For Emergencies - By Laffhub.com by skywalker001(m): 5:43pm On May 17, 2016
[color=#990000][/color] This is d kind if topic dat should b always on front page note unnecessary issues like Tbillz slap tiwa or Davido buy N6m wrist watch... More grease to your elbow
Re: List Of Items You Must Have In Your Home For Emergencies - By Laffhub.com by Nobody: 5:44pm On May 17, 2016
Airtime and an active phone.
Re: List Of Items You Must Have In Your Home For Emergencies - By Laffhub.com by DropShot: 5:46pm On May 17, 2016
dadee007:

Source: http://laffhub.com/blog/list-of-items-you-must-have-in-your-home-for-emergencies
The most important is a portable fire extinguisher. It prevents small fire outbreak from becoming an inferno.
Re: List Of Items You Must Have In Your Home For Emergencies - By Laffhub.com by musachara: 5:49pm On May 17, 2016
Very educative
Re: List Of Items You Must Have In Your Home For Emergencies - By Laffhub.com by worksmart(m): 5:51pm On May 17, 2016
Op meant to say Baking Soda instead of Baking powder, there is a difference.

Baking powder is for baking cakes.

Baking soda is very important for health it is also called Sodium Bicarbonate

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of Items You Must Have In Your Home For Emergencies - By Laffhub.com by Visocrate(m): 5:52pm On May 17, 2016
Educative ,its very good op thanks for the info
Re: List Of Items You Must Have In Your Home For Emergencies - By Laffhub.com by obajoey(m): 5:52pm On May 17, 2016
Thanks
Re: List Of Items You Must Have In Your Home For Emergencies - By Laffhub.com by lollmaolol(m): 5:57pm On May 17, 2016
EverestNwatu:
what about condom and vaseline?

@op I thought I would see list of food stuff I should buy, in preparation of tomorrow's strike action

@everestnwatu na wa for you oooo, na wetin you gwan take Vaseline do again, abi u b homo ni, tell us
Re: List Of Items You Must Have In Your Home For Emergencies - By Laffhub.com by Nobody: 6:00pm On May 17, 2016
Keneking:
What about CD
Compact Disk chie? Lolz tongue tongue grin grin
Re: List Of Items You Must Have In Your Home For Emergencies - By Laffhub.com by Nobody: 6:05pm On May 17, 2016
lollmaolol:

@op I thought I would see list of food stuff I should buy, in preparation of tomorrow's strike action

@everestnwatu na wa for you oooo, na wetin you gwan take Vaseline do again, abi u b homo ni, tell us
Incase of any immediate sexual urge now,haba,are u a learnee?btw the strike has bin cancelled
Re: List Of Items You Must Have In Your Home For Emergencies - By Laffhub.com by Sexytemi(f): 6:07pm On May 17, 2016
CaptainEColeJnr:
are/were you a science student .. you should know that charcoal has a porous structure which enables it to absorb poisonous gases and substances.. so Yes!
it is made from charcoal.

Lol, grin;Di wasn't/ain't a science student.....

Tnx for the explanation.....that means one can eat raw charcoalgrin
Re: List Of Items You Must Have In Your Home For Emergencies - By Laffhub.com by PheezyLee(m): 6:09pm On May 17, 2016
mytime24:
if i say baba and u put am gida na u sabi oooo cheesy

Now that am aware, i'll confirm d road is clear first with a torchlight bfore i put it lol
Re: List Of Items You Must Have In Your Home For Emergencies - By Laffhub.com by mytime24(f): 6:13pm On May 17, 2016
skywalker001:
Which action o abeg... Enlighten me more cuz am more interested in yours dan d topic itself
shey u dey get 24/7 light for ur end angry
Re: List Of Items You Must Have In Your Home For Emergencies - By Laffhub.com by skimasks(m): 6:13pm On May 17, 2016
Una reason get as e b. double barrel or pump action nko. so protection no dey una mind undecided
Re: List Of Items You Must Have In Your Home For Emergencies - By Laffhub.com by CaptainEColeJnr: 6:16pm On May 17, 2016
Sexytemi:

Lol, grin;Di wasn't/ain't a science student.....

Tnx for the explanation.....that means one can eat raw charcoalgrin
no please don't... but you can put on your nose to avoid inhaling poisonous gases .. and if it must be swallowed .. it is only the processed ones like the one the OP mentioned ..
Re: List Of Items You Must Have In Your Home For Emergencies - By Laffhub.com by hollowpot15684(m): 6:19pm On May 17, 2016
you also need a fire extinguisher, contact me to get one in lagos 08100363424.
Re: List Of Items You Must Have In Your Home For Emergencies - By Laffhub.com by skywalker001(m): 6:20pm On May 17, 2016
mytime24:
shey u dey get 24/7 light for ur end angry
I knw light no too dy like dat but what I jst 1 knw na d ACTION u 1 use d touch do
Re: List Of Items You Must Have In Your Home For Emergencies - By Laffhub.com by JesseNero: 6:20pm On May 17, 2016
dadee007:

Source: http://laffhub.com/blog/list-of-items-you-must-have-in-your-home-for-emergencies
appreciate you for this tips. It's enlightening. Thanks
Re: List Of Items You Must Have In Your Home For Emergencies - By Laffhub.com by Sexytemi(f): 6:29pm On May 17, 2016
CaptainEColeJnr:
no please don't... but you can put on your nose to avoid inhaling poisonous gases .. and if it must be swallowed .. it is only the processed ones like the one the OP mentioned ..

ohhhhhhh, okay....Thanks a lotsmileysmiley
Re: List Of Items You Must Have In Your Home For Emergencies - By Laffhub.com by prettyzee11(f): 6:43pm On May 17, 2016
Very educative, now for the drugs u did not make mension of dosage, please let us know for the sake of us with kids at home. God bless.
Re: List Of Items You Must Have In Your Home For Emergencies - By Laffhub.com by professore(m): 6:57pm On May 17, 2016
This is informative
Re: List Of Items You Must Have In Your Home For Emergencies - By Laffhub.com by HirstMOG(m): 7:05pm On May 17, 2016
Keneking:
What about CD

Lolz!!! very important!!!!!!!!!

someone gave this as a birthday cake to his girl friend.

Re: List Of Items You Must Have In Your Home For Emergencies - By Laffhub.com by GreatManBee: 7:09pm On May 17, 2016
dadee007:

What would you do if by 12am one night, your little child drinks some household poison like shampoo thinking its juice? Or you have just gone to toilet for the fourteenth time and you are feeling like you are about to pass out.

Of course, you will go to the hospital but before you are able to go to Hospital, do you know that your actions (or inactions) might even determine if you make it to the hospital, or if the hospital will be able to save you?

Are you prepared for any eventuality? Life-threatening situations require that you have something to use at home, just in case.

The must-have Items are:

1.Activated Charcoal- This has to be the best poison-absorbing substance known to man. (Forget Palm oil) It is sold in pharmacies everywhere and you don’t need a prescription to buy it. If your child (or you) accidentally swallows poison, you would regret not having this at home. To demonstrate how effective, it is, a professor once swallowed some poison intentionally, along with activated charcoal. The poison was in quantities that would have summarily killed him, but he was unharmed. He swallowed it to demonstrate to his colleagues how effective Activated charcoal is in absorbing poison. The professor’s name is Professor Touery.

2.ORT Sachets: You don’t want to be caught dead without this in your home. (no pun intended) If someone stools frequently as in diarrhoea etc. and the person doesn’t get two things urgently, the person might die. The two things are, hydration and electrolyte balance. When you hear someone died from diarrhoea, it usually isn’t the diarrhoea that killed the person but the loss of water and electrolytes. If the person is a child, amplify your alert times 10 because of their tender bodies. I would have said sugar and salt as an alternative but it can be cumbersome doing the mixing and getting the ratio right, so I choose this convenient, ready-mixed pack sold cheap at every pharmacy I know. Just add a litre of water and you are good to go.

3. Low dose Aspirin (75 mg): Warning- NEVER EVER GIVE ASPIRIN TO A CHILD BELOW 16 YEARS OF AGE- EVER. I will discuss the dangers in another post.

Now that we have that out of the way, this wonder-drug does erm… wonders. It is different from the aspirin widely used for pain, hence the “low-dose” name. It can be used to prevent a blood-clot; it might save your granny if you notice she’s having signs of a stroke probably caused by a blood clot. Daily use of this is said to prevent some cancers and in fact, by some, you should be taking this daily. Please talk to your doctor to know if this is for you.

4.Aloe-vera plant: This thorny plant has so many beneficial uses but the one I am recommending it for is for burns and scalds. If for example you spill hot water on your hands you can quickly go and cut its leaves, apply the gel sparingly all over the affected area and leave it. What it seemingly does is that when the burns heal, it leaves as little mark as possible and if it is just a minor scald, you might not notice anything when it heals.

5.Baking Powder: Baking powder is made of sodium bicarbonate a bit different from baking powder. It has so many uses but I will mention just the 2 that pertain to this article. 1. For ulcer. 2. For scorpion stings and bug bites.

Because of the way it interacts with acids by neutralizing it, baking soda is very good for stomach ulcers. Just drink a glass of water with 1-2 teaspoons to relieve symptoms.
To use for scorpion stings, put a paste of baking powder and water over the stung area, be it wasp, bee or scorpion stings. While most scorpion stings are not deadly, some, like the Deathstalker can be fatal. So, try and kill the scorpion and take it with you to hospital for the doctor to see.

Re: List Of Items You Must Have In Your Home For Emergencies - By Laffhub.com by Chudichu(m): 7:12pm On May 17, 2016
50 liters of fuel na
Re: List Of Items You Must Have In Your Home For Emergencies - By Laffhub.com by outflank: 7:43pm On May 17, 2016
You mean a first aid box and all the works.
Re: List Of Items You Must Have In Your Home For Emergencies - By Laffhub.com by UyiIredia(m): 7:51pm On May 17, 2016
Very educative article. Liked.
Re: List Of Items You Must Have In Your Home For Emergencies - By Laffhub.com by obagoriola: 7:52pm On May 17, 2016
Akshow:
What is cd?
Clarious derus
Re: List Of Items You Must Have In Your Home For Emergencies - By Laffhub.com by Rexnegro(m): 7:56pm On May 17, 2016
Keneking:
What about CD
correct guy, but the op don't need to tell You that sha.
Re: List Of Items You Must Have In Your Home For Emergencies - By Laffhub.com by snowblaq(f): 8:05pm On May 17, 2016
Sexytemi:
hmmmmm, very informative o, and pls @ d op, is the charcoal activator made with real charcoal?
activated charcoal is regulat charcoal which has been activated by oxidizing gases such as steam and air...usually at high temperatures

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Have Decided To Marry Her Corpse / This Nigerian Couple Celebrate 53rd Wedding Anniversary With Lovely Viral Photo / 13 Pictures That Accurately Describe Morning Devotions In Nigerian Homes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.