Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,210 members, 7,829,344 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:26 AM

Militants Bomb Ogbembiri Agip Gas Pipeline - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Militants Bomb Ogbembiri Agip Gas Pipeline (31459 Views)

Militants Bomb Another Pipeline In Delta / Avengers Threaten Secession As Militants Bomb NPDC Facilities / Breaking News: Niger Delta Militants Bomb Agip, Aiteo 600,000bpd Facility (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Militants Bomb Ogbembiri Agip Gas Pipeline by Abagworo(m): 10:32am On May 18, 2016
Blizzy9ja:
Bros dat na big lie

It is no lie. It is impossible for a non-indigene to get a contract and execute in Niger Delta. In fact it is easier for an Akwaibomite to get a job in Zamfara than in a Bayelsa community. Even after buying the job from the indigene you must employ indigenes for job execution at a very high price while they relegate the jobs at lower prices to Igbos and Akwaibomites.
Re: Militants Bomb Ogbembiri Agip Gas Pipeline by Nobody: 10:34am On May 18, 2016
Good job boys. The North wants power, and power has been given to them. Let them come and rule let's see.
Re: Militants Bomb Ogbembiri Agip Gas Pipeline by YourFatherYansh: 10:34am On May 18, 2016
Seeeeeeee:
Seen, what do you think would have happened if the oil firms their headquaters are in Niger Delta as recommended by late president Yaradua?
How wil any sane investor locate dia head office in Niger delta,?.....Is likened 2 locating ur head office in Borno as well.

1 Like

Re: Militants Bomb Ogbembiri Agip Gas Pipeline by hausameat: 10:39am On May 18, 2016
luvinhubby:
Buhari is a very shallow minded individual with a mental faculty incapable of deeply proceesing issues & analysing situations properly.

We had an indigineous oil pipeline protection contract with locals & indigeneous millitias like ex-millitants & OPC that appeared to have restored sanity on the pipelines to an extent.
Buhari assumes office on May 29 & by 31st, he announces a termination of the security contracts without a proper analysis of 1, the security implications of it, - 2, the difficult topography of the swamps of the Niger Delta region, - 3, the obvious incapacity & lack of skill by our ill equipped & poorly trained armed forces to protect those pipelines, - 4, the possibility of bringing those millitias into a collaboration with the millitary & not disrupt oil exploration.

Worse still, he carries out a poorly adviced aeriel bombardment of the region with no millitary recon precision his first month in office with an obvious intention of cowing those millitants that 'a new sherrif is in town'.

As we speak, pipeline vandalism is still ongoing in Arepo Ogun state & the millitary is looking on helplessly.
Na only Ogun state? There is serious wreckage every where.This country would have gone down completely by the end of Buhari's first term. Buhari's sharpest body language, New Sheriff has arrived Nigeria, Thieffnubu's machine gun body etc. No one deceives people and succeed for ever. These days, to protect and defend one lie, requires even hundred lies. I can bet any body that Apc and Buhari forced GEJ by doing all kind of evil including using the most dangerious lies, everything evil, disallow an inch forward movement for GEJ. Left to Buhari, they would have even stopped GEJ from breathing. From now. Karma has taken over. Them never see any thing yet.

5 Likes

Re: Militants Bomb Ogbembiri Agip Gas Pipeline by famtech: 10:42am On May 18, 2016
The truth be told, an average Niger Delta indigene is very very angry.How can other tribes be owning OML in Niger Delta? can it happen in the North or West?
How many Niger Delta are Directors in the so called Multinationals such as Exxonmobil, Chevron,Shell,Agip etc that important decision for employment are taken.
Only community contract of tea service, cleaning service,security and the likes are given to Niger Delta.
The real jobs are gotten from Lagos/Abuja offices of this multinationals and posted to supervise/executes the plans down south.
We are all educated and we know what is going on.People should not hide behind computers to spill rubish about what they do not know please.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Militants Bomb Ogbembiri Agip Gas Pipeline by Iriruaga100(m): 10:43am On May 18, 2016
[quote author=freshvine post=45730000]Let them bomb down all the oil installation in Niger Delta. It won't affect Nigeria economy one bit.

The combined generated revenue from Lagos and Kano including Agriculture from the North will finance our 2016 budget without stress. Bae, i dnt think you understand what u wrote. Oil is the live blood of our economy.
Re: Militants Bomb Ogbembiri Agip Gas Pipeline by Nobody: 10:45am On May 18, 2016
These guys are really wreaking a great havoc on our already battered economy, all thanks to Bubu and his reckless comments.

By the way, it's Ogbeinbiri
Re: Militants Bomb Ogbembiri Agip Gas Pipeline by hausameat: 10:49am On May 18, 2016
Fransnero:
These boys are really wrecking havoc
I dey tell.
Re: Militants Bomb Ogbembiri Agip Gas Pipeline by Dragonking: 10:50am On May 18, 2016
Abagworo:

Non indigenes can never get employment in Bayelsa. That's impossible you know. For every Igbo man or other Nigerians you see working as a contractor, staff or contract staff in Niger Delta, at least 80% bought the slot of natives.
Where is the proof to all this, or is it just word of mouth you are using? Go to NNPC headquarters in abuja and see how it is filled with northerners...
Re: Militants Bomb Ogbembiri Agip Gas Pipeline by hausameat: 10:50am On May 18, 2016
ademega:
they actually mean business
nor be lie.
Re: Militants Bomb Ogbembiri Agip Gas Pipeline by Blizzy9ja: 10:52am On May 18, 2016
Abagworo:

It is no lie. It is impossible for a non-indigene to get a contract and execute in Niger Delta. In fact it is easier for an Akwaibomite to get a job in Zamfara than in a Bayelsa community. Even after buying the job from the indigene you must employ indigenes for job execution at a very high price while they relegate the jobs at lower prices to Igbos and Akwaibomites.
You're just talking abt contracts, why can't our people give out these contracts? The oil fields are in the Niger Delta, and administered from Lagos which then means if i studied and graduated from a school in the Niger Delta I'll have to move over to Lagos to wait for whenever there are job openings in an oil field that is in my village before i'll have a chance to work there. With the level of tribalism in this country?
Re: Militants Bomb Ogbembiri Agip Gas Pipeline by hausameat: 10:53am On May 18, 2016
carlzy:
Where are we heading? Why is everything so wrong in this new administration?
Proverbs 29:2 - When the wicked rule, the people groan.
May you and your family be exalted for ever. Amen

1 Like

Re: Militants Bomb Ogbembiri Agip Gas Pipeline by Nobody: 10:54am On May 18, 2016

Re: Militants Bomb Ogbembiri Agip Gas Pipeline by kurt09(m): 10:55am On May 18, 2016
Abagworo:

This is from Timipriye Sylva not me.

http://allafrica.com/stories/200812190067.html

GOVERNOR Timipre Sylva of Bayelsa State has expressed
dismay over the practice of selling employment slots to
non-indigenes by youths of the state at give-away prices.

At an interactive session with the Bayelsa State Elders
Consultative Forum, the governor lamented the
development, saying "it is saddening to note that indigenes
of the state are selling their employment slots in reputable
companies at give-away prices of between N20,000 and
N70,000."

The governor, who gave a graphic description of
the thinking of an average Bayelsan, noted with sadness
that they wanted everything free, bearing in mind that the
state remains the only state throughout the federation
where the electricity is generated free. His words, "An
average Bayelsan has also believed erroneously that we
have money and that is why they want everything for free.
In the education sector we pay nothing. The craze now is
that everybody wants their children to be sent abroad by the
government for free.

In the health sector we pay for nothing,
everybody is expected to be treated for free. The electricity
we produce is for free. Even nobody wants to work; they
prefer handouts.

"When I first came as governor, my belief
was very different. My belief was that if you create jobs,
people benefits from those jobs. And one of the things whenI came in was that I paid all contractors that were on site. I paid N900 million and we decided to complete all on-going projects before we plan new ones. "The idea was to
stimulate the economy so that our people can do small
jobs.

And I was happy when I paid the money and there
were many people working on the site. I went to those sites
personally because there were still a lot of complaints on
the streets on Yenagoa. sites personally that more than 500 people working on the sites they were all non-Bayelsans. I asked if there was any Bayelsan, there was none and I was shocked. That was when I know we have a problem. Because no matter how much you tried to stimulate the
economy it would fly over the Bayelsan because our youths
won't work.

"I would give you another example - the
community around Saipem protested that they were not
being given jobs. We intervened and Saipem decided to give
70 quality jobs to boys from that community. The
community nominated people to go and work there and I
was happy that through our intervention we were able to
create the jobs. Later I saw one of the boys and questioned
him why he is not at work.

"I later found out upon enquiry
that he sold his space to an Igbo man for N40, 000 a month
out of the N 70,000 he is being paid and that is what all of
them did. They sold all their spaces to Igbo people. You
would send Bayelsans for training through oil companies;
they sell their spaces to Igbo people and those acquire the
necessary skills.

They are happier to be on the streets of
Yenagoa claiming every day that there is hunger. There is
no economy that can grow like this. It is a very sad
situation." Earlier, the chairman of the forum, Chief Francis
Doukpolagha had called on the government and the elders
in the state to map out developmental programmes that
would be aimed at improving the lots of the people in the
state.
Put it on front page dear
Re: Militants Bomb Ogbembiri Agip Gas Pipeline by hausameat: 10:58am On May 18, 2016
Bom4Real:
Buhari,APC,Northaners Good Morning
morning sir.
Re: Militants Bomb Ogbembiri Agip Gas Pipeline by hausameat: 11:04am On May 18, 2016
Dragonking:
When will they bomb the pipelines in Imo and anambra state to release KANU? Fo0lish people...Abeg leave my region in peace
A co Nairalander said you go and read Proverb 29.2
Re: Militants Bomb Ogbembiri Agip Gas Pipeline by hausameat: 11:17am On May 18, 2016
Dragonking:
When will they bomb the pipelines in Imo and anambra state to release KANU? Fo0lish people...Abeg leave my region in peace
A co Nairalander said you go and read Proverb 29.2.......
Re: Militants Bomb Ogbembiri Agip Gas Pipeline by atirolu(m): 11:23am On May 18, 2016
Very good let there be a total shutdown of the country we are tired calling on Chad Republic to take over
Re: Militants Bomb Ogbembiri Agip Gas Pipeline by OMOBABAYEMI: 11:23am On May 18, 2016
Seeeeeeee:
Hmmm what the FG does'nt know is that dialogue is the key, more groups are springing up everyday not just the Avengers, Niger Deltans are angry the Northerners and westerners are controlling the oil blocs and oil industry as a whole thereby making it very difficult for the youths of the Niger Delta to work in the multinational oil firms operating in our State, if any of you people are here you will weep but there's nothing you can do. If you have'nt been to the Niger Delta before we don't have other companies like in Lagos, Ogun, Ibadan even Kano, what we have is only the oil firms and government work. Let me give you people an example, i personally graduated with B.ENG in Petroleum Engineering till today no job but the multinationals in my state are hiring on montly basis some as contract staffs we here no job, just because the companies headquaters is in lagos you hire them there send them to our community to work.
they employ from lagos while we do notting. Thats True. My Younger Brother for many years now, with all the most relivant skills as an engineer. No Job! Yeat you keep diging oil well there and taking the proceeds to the north!
Re: Militants Bomb Ogbembiri Agip Gas Pipeline by shaqhead: 11:28am On May 18, 2016
Seeeeeeee:
You have no idea of what you are talking about, people here will enlighten you i don't want to go into details.
Son, when some of u come to rant you make it sound like you are d only one fron there.

The question most of you will never ask is what is happening to allocations to your state. Bayelsa state of all states is owing salaries. What business has Bayelsa owing salaries?

You wont ask what happens to the allocation for ND Ministry.

Oh u have forgotten about the 13% derivation.

Or is NDDC now moribund?

All these are questions we wont ask bt are quick to ask for more wen we have done NOTHING with what we are given.

An Asari blew so much hot air like this and he went n built his university and didnt remember to employ you and you will still support him if he blows one pipeline tomorrow.

A tompolo is a billiionaire and is playing mind games with folks like you using NDA n u r here tellin us whats not new!

This issues ddnt start today and wont end with this admin....it requires asking those "hard" questions i stated that we wont ask, then initiating dialogue not blowing pipelines and compounding issues.

While folks like you keep celebrating this criminal elements, pls do well to remember whats happening in the NorthEast and tell me if that will get you a job!
Re: Militants Bomb Ogbembiri Agip Gas Pipeline by Seeeeeeee: 11:31am On May 18, 2016
Seen
Re: Militants Bomb Ogbembiri Agip Gas Pipeline by Cjrane2: 11:36am On May 18, 2016
[size=18pt]Excellent job by the militants.

Buhari imagines he will just annex the southern oil fields and distribute to his northern fulani people. Then send soldiers to shoot anyone that protests. Buhari is negotiating with Boko haram killing innocent Nigerians, but won't negotiate with someone fighting for the right of his people to their own resources without killing any Nigerian, even if they are fulani?

The next thing is to begin setting booby traps to deal with the soldiers if they don't leave the people alone and kidnaping those oyinbo expertriates for ransom[/size]

1 Like

Re: Militants Bomb Ogbembiri Agip Gas Pipeline by Nobody: 11:39am On May 18, 2016
Federalism is the way to go...
Re: Militants Bomb Ogbembiri Agip Gas Pipeline by MeAboki(m): 11:49am On May 18, 2016
Seeeeeeee:
Hmmm what the FG does'nt know is that dialogue is the key, more groups are springing up everyday not just the Avengers, Niger Deltans are angry the Northerners and westerners are controlling the oil blocs and oil industry as a whole thereby making it very difficult for the youths of the Niger Delta to work in the multinational oil firms operating in our State, if any of you people are here you will weep but there's nothing you can do. If you have'nt been to the Niger Delta before we don't have other companies like in Lagos, Ogun, Ibadan even Kano, what we have is only the oil firms and government work. Let me give you people an example, i personally graduated with B.ENG in Petroleum Engineering till today no job but the multinationals in my state are hiring on montly basis some as contract staffs we here no job, just because the companies headquaters is in lagos you hire them there send them to our community to work.

I am sorry, as these attacks on oil facilities continue to impact negatively on the lives of majority of Nigerians so will it backfire on your course, because ppl will start losing sympathy to your plight and increasingly begin to see themselves instead as the victims of your militancy.
You also have to bear the consequences of polluting your own land which itself is quite counter productive.
Part of the problem lies your mindset of easy money and its our oyel mentality where a few are exploiting the majority.
For example, majority of these so called militants are not motivated by ideology but only personal gain; they hold the oil companies and govt. to ransom for protection money and if they fail to pay they blow up the pipelines; they also blow the pipelines in order to bid and secure contract for repair of the damage.
Unfortunately, these monies when paid goes into the few pockets of these criminals while the entire community remains impoverished; hardly anything is reinvested back to the community but go instead to sponsor luxurious houses in Abuja, Dubai or schools in Togo etc.
Your governor was recently moved to come out publicly and lament about your lazy mindset where young men prefer to sell off their employment slots secured for them with multinationals to Igbo boys instead, for mere pittance rather than take up such positions themselves.
You are an Engr. still without a job even though you know the companies are still recruiting but only through their HQs in Lagos, and you still sit there in ND waiting and complaining for the job to come you; so whats stopping you from also going to Lagos for interview like others do - this is the kind of mindset we are talking about i.e. waiting for things to happen rather than making them happen.
Remain there dey sip ogogoro under mango tree while others are hustling to make their lives better.
Re: Militants Bomb Ogbembiri Agip Gas Pipeline by DaudaAbu(m): 11:53am On May 18, 2016
"Bayelsans are so lazy, they want everything free, they are not ready to work, how do i repair the turbine when no one is ready to pay for services"
- Gov. Dickson on media Chat.
Re: Militants Bomb Ogbembiri Agip Gas Pipeline by ozoemenaca: 11:56am On May 18, 2016
I said it that this is just the beginning you don't look down on a people and ask them what can they do. Funny enough the 5% to him that he thought to be insignificant is almost bringing his administration to nothing. The President should learn to treat people with respect.
Re: Militants Bomb Ogbembiri Agip Gas Pipeline by DaudaAbu(m): 11:57am On May 18, 2016
Re: Militants Bomb Ogbembiri Agip Gas Pipeline by DaudaAbu(m): 11:59am On May 18, 2016
Re: Militants Bomb Ogbembiri Agip Gas Pipeline by Ijaya123: 12:06pm On May 18, 2016
9ja4show:

They will come to Lagos and occupy it , "federal system " hope you never forget.

You're out of your league.
Re: Militants Bomb Ogbembiri Agip Gas Pipeline by 9ja4show: 12:06pm On May 18, 2016
Ijaya123:

You're out of your league.

I have told you my own, they will occupy it and nothing you can do about it
Re: Militants Bomb Ogbembiri Agip Gas Pipeline by ozodimgba(m): 12:12pm On May 18, 2016
Odawago!
Re: Militants Bomb Ogbembiri Agip Gas Pipeline by Owilar(m): 12:17pm On May 18, 2016
This country is decaying, sooner it might not contain all of us again.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lagos, Rivers Begin VAT Collection, FG, North Disagree / Femi Fani-Kayode & Precious Chikwendu Dedicate Son, Aragorn At COZA Church,Abuja / Yusuf Datti Baba-Ahmed Dumps APC, Accuses Buhari Of Incompetence, Corruption

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.