Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,815 members, 7,820,877 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

Militants Bomb Ogbembiri Agip Gas Pipeline - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Militants Bomb Ogbembiri Agip Gas Pipeline (31449 Views)

Militants Bomb Another Pipeline In Delta / Avengers Threaten Secession As Militants Bomb NPDC Facilities / Breaking News: Niger Delta Militants Bomb Agip, Aiteo 600,000bpd Facility (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Militants Bomb Ogbembiri Agip Gas Pipeline by Iceberg3: 12:27pm On May 18, 2016
Abagworo:

Thats a complete lie. Niger Deltans get all the jobs but resell them to other Nigerians willing to work. They prefer selling to Yoruba than Igbo but Igbos offer better amount and conditions. The problem of Niger Delta (especially pure Ijaw found in Delta and Bayelsa) is that belief of reaping without sweat.

let all nairalanders pls declare 1wk fasting and prayers for you to receive sense and brain..

1 Like

Re: Militants Bomb Ogbembiri Agip Gas Pipeline by Litmus: 12:33pm On May 18, 2016
Nina Mason • 4 minutes ago

People can superimpose their personal political biases on these events all they want. Ultimately the real failure is the inability of National security apparatus to function appropriately. I don't care how impartial or fare a government is, there will be no peace if security services are none existent as is the case for Nigeria. Lawlessness can always be given a justification, it is probably not up to posterity but might to adjudicate the merits of one justification over another for in many ways Might is Right just as history belongs to victors. Let me explain in plain terms: if the Nigerian state crushes all unrest and becomes in future a land of peace and progress her actions will be viewed favorably by most regardless of how just the causes of the people that were crushed. On the other hand, no mater how well meaning and just the Nigerian state is, people will find justification for her demise if it occurred. Theretofore, for me, the real failure in Nigeria is the security apparatus. Army, Police and intelligence network are ineffective and unfit for purpose.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/05/18/again-militants-blow-up-agip-gas-pipeline-in-bayelsa/
Re: Militants Bomb Ogbembiri Agip Gas Pipeline by Iceberg3: 12:57pm On May 18, 2016
DaudaAbu:
"Bayelsans are so lazy, they want everything free, they are not ready to work, how do i repair the turbine when no one is ready to pay for services"
- Gov. Dickson on media Chat.

look who is talking? See the abokki parasite talking!

Abokkis parasites that are driving this nation on the reverse pedal for years n leeching on the whole country including other ppl's grasses are now accuing other people of being lazy! Abeg luk behind u,yua cow don dey run leave u grin

MeAboki:

I am sorry, as these attacks on oil facilities continue to impact negatively on the lives of majority of Nigerians so will it backfire on your course, because ppl will start losing sympathy to your plight and increasingly begin themselves instead as the victims of your militancy.
You also have to bear the consequences of polluting your own land which itself is quite counter productive.
Part of the problem lies your mindset of easy money and its our oyel mentality where a few are exploiting the majority.
they hold the oil companies and govt. to ransom for protection money and if they fail to pay they blow up the pipelines; they also blow the pipelines in order to bid and secure contract for repair of the dama..
Your governor was recently moved to come out publicly and lament about your lazy mindset where young men prefer to sell off their employment slots secured for them with multinationals to Igbo boys instead, for mere pittance rather than take up such positions themselves.
You are an Engr. still without a job even though you know the companies are still recruiting but only through their HQs in Lagos, and you still sit there in ND waiting and complaining for the job to come you; so whats stopping you from also going to Lagos for interview like others do - this is the kind of mindset we are talking about i.e. waiting for things to happen rather than making them happen.
Remain there dey sip ogogoro under mango tree while others are hustling to make their lives better.

to hell with you and your wretched sympathy,how has that bloody sympathy helped the plight of the niger deltans? We 4kn do not need ur bloody sympathy,we have our God and our strength,our dexterity,doggedness and determination....we got our teeth as well,make no mistakes.

SEE HOW THEIR ABBOKI PRESENCE ALL OVER HERE IS MAKING NAIRALAND OOZE..

4 Likes

Re: Militants Bomb Ogbembiri Agip Gas Pipeline by Ijaya123: 1:05pm On May 18, 2016
9ja4show:

I have told you my own, they will occupy it and nothing you can do about it

Pipe dream.
Re: Militants Bomb Ogbembiri Agip Gas Pipeline by compujyde: 1:16pm On May 18, 2016
Re: Militants Bomb Ogbembiri Agip Gas Pipeline by ever811(m): 1:21pm On May 18, 2016
hope u guys haf hear about Eco Atlantic project going on in Lagos cause there is peace there..so cause insecurity in ur land nd remain lazy while other people ar developing there land...noooonsssens

Re: Militants Bomb Ogbembiri Agip Gas Pipeline by chiedu7: 1:28pm On May 18, 2016
B00hari the best thing is to address the injustice and give them resource control.

Since you got in Nigeria has gone from bad to terribleness.
Re: Militants Bomb Ogbembiri Agip Gas Pipeline by 9ja4show: 2:02pm On May 18, 2016
Ijaya123:

Pipe dream.

I am Niger deltan and I have a land in your hometown , what will you do about it?
Re: Militants Bomb Ogbembiri Agip Gas Pipeline by Deapexboy(m): 3:06pm On May 18, 2016
Abagworo:

Thats a complete lie. Niger Deltans get all the jobs but resell them to other Nigerians willing to work. They prefer selling to Yoruba than Igbo but Igbos offer better amount and conditions. The problem of Niger Delta (especially pure Ijaw found in Delta and Bayelsa) is that belief of reaping without sweat.
u mean selling ur chance of working in oil firm to somebody? Bros go and complete ur pill...
Re: Militants Bomb Ogbembiri Agip Gas Pipeline by Awaja(m): 3:31pm On May 18, 2016
No matter your tribe nor affiliations, this avengers struggle will do more harm than good to all except those willing to power their gen sets with the fuel of 145 per litre for 3yrs, lets accept one fact, its now a habit between the north and south to discredit any administration from opposite side, it won't get us nowhere if we don't change this northerners and southerners mentality and end stereotyping other ethnic groups.
Re: Militants Bomb Ogbembiri Agip Gas Pipeline by Ijaya123: 3:33pm On May 18, 2016
9ja4show:

I am Niger deltan and I have a land in your hometown , what will you do about it?

Keep dreaming.
Re: Militants Bomb Ogbembiri Agip Gas Pipeline by Lisaint(m): 4:05pm On May 18, 2016
fellow Nairalanders

We don't need to quarrel over split milk already

To the people in d ND axis

I must say I really respect you guys
For your endurance
Though have not been dere but d day I watched a documentary about Naija Delta on YouTube

I almost weep for them

There is black oil spillage every where.
There is no good farmland.
There is no good water.
There is no good road.
Even all their aquatic organisms are almost dere.

Just few remain

To my fellow YORUBA and also IGBO family
Not leaving behind my HAUSA family

Let us al imagine

Had it been Lagos,Abia,Sokoto state is d one in ND situation

What would we say or do?

Thou am not in support of the bombing and destruction
But truth be told

Itz not easy in their region

FG need to Dialogue with them

#iembracePeace
#ProudlyNigerian
Re: Militants Bomb Ogbembiri Agip Gas Pipeline by toseman(m): 4:42pm On May 18, 2016
Seeeeeeee:
Hmmm what the FG does'nt know is that dialogue is the key, more groups are springing up everyday not just the Avengers, Niger Deltans are angry the Northerners and westerners are controlling the oil blocs and oil industry as a whole thereby making it very difficult for the youths of the Niger Delta to work in the multinational oil firms operating in our State, if any of you people are here you will weep but there's nothing you can do. If you have'nt been to the Niger Delta before we don't have other companies like in Lagos, Ogun, Ibadan even Kano, what we have is only the oil firms and government work. Let me give you people an example, i personally graduated with B.ENG in Petroleum Engineering till today no job but the multinationals in my state are hiring on monthly basis some as contract staffs we here no job, just because the companies headquaters is in lagos you hire them there send them to our community to work.

Bro you are expressing bitterness here,I have lived in Niger Delta before,warri precisely.
If you are well qualified for the multinational jobs ,you will be employed nah.
It doesn't matter whether headquarters dey Lagos or Kaduna.
Most Niger deltans don't value education,except for the few exposed ones.....if they are well schooled forget na Una go gt most of d jobs....
Re: Militants Bomb Ogbembiri Agip Gas Pipeline by Seeeeeeee: 4:45pm On May 18, 2016
toseman:

Bro you are expressing bitterness here,I have lived in Niger Delta before,warri precisely.
If you are well qualified for the multinational jobs ,you will be employed nah.
It doesn't matter whether headquarters dey Lagos or Kaduna.
Most Niger deltans don't value education,except for the few exposed ones.....if they are well schooled forget na Una go gt most of d jobs....
You have no idea what you're talking about..
Re: Militants Bomb Ogbembiri Agip Gas Pipeline by toseman(m): 4:46pm On May 18, 2016
Even Niger deltans themselves made matters worse,they don't have good leaders,and the youths there are very lazy.Let's be frank with ourselves even if the fed govt decides to practice thru federalism today,Niger delta won't still develop....there leaders are their problems.....a typical Niger delta (except for the exposed ones) will prefer to go and do oil bunkery than go thru the painful process of education..they see it time waster...dey love fast money.....I dey tell u....
Niger delta s love flexing a lot,its one of the reason I like dm

not disputing d fact say federal govt dey really cheat that region to be candid
Re: Militants Bomb Ogbembiri Agip Gas Pipeline by toseman(m): 4:48pm On May 18, 2016
Seeeeeeee:
You have no idea what you're talking about..

are you sure,most oil companies policies operating in the Niger delta area still gv preference to a Niger delta than any other person based on certain reasons...I work with an oil firm in warri.....at least to an extent I know what is going on
Re: Militants Bomb Ogbembiri Agip Gas Pipeline by Seeeeeeee: 4:52pm On May 18, 2016
toseman:

are you sure,most oil companies policies operating in the Niger delta area still gv preference to a Niger delta than any other person based on certain reasons...I work with an oil firm in warri.....at least to an extent I know what is going on
Ok i have B.ENG in Petroleum Engineering, let your company employ me even on contract.
Re: Militants Bomb Ogbembiri Agip Gas Pipeline by toseman(m): 4:54pm On May 18, 2016
Seeeeeeee:
Ok i have B.ENG in Petroleum Engineering, let your company employ me even on contract.

see where my guy carry matter go lol

sharp guy
Re: Militants Bomb Ogbembiri Agip Gas Pipeline by Seeeeeeee: 5:00pm On May 18, 2016
toseman:

see where my guy carry matter go lol

sharp guy
Am trying to tell you since the headquaters are in lagos and controlled by yorubas its hard to get the job here, what happens is they employ there and send them here.. I do'nt mean menial jobs that they through to the host community, i mean to get employment as a Petroleum Engineer.
Re: Militants Bomb Ogbembiri Agip Gas Pipeline by 41lady(m): 5:07pm On May 18, 2016
Seeeeeeee:
Hmmm what the FG does'nt know is that dialogue is the key, more groups are springing up everyday not just the Avengers, Niger Deltans are angry the Northerners and westerners are controlling the oil blocs and oil industry as a whole thereby making it very difficult for the youths of the Niger Delta to work in the multinational oil firms operating in our State, if any of you people are here you will weep but there's nothing you can do. If you have'nt been to the Niger Delta before we don't have other companies like in Lagos, Ogun, Ibadan even Kano, what we have is only the oil firms and government work. Let me give you people an example, i personally graduated with B.ENG in Petroleum Engineering till today no job but the multinationals in my state are hiring on monthly basis some as contract staffs we here no job, just because the companies headquaters is in lagos you hire them there send them to our community to work.

Bro.. it is just unfortunate, our leaders are wicked to its citizens. I always give example with other countries who have no resources like the way Nigeria do. When ever a foreign company want to operate in a community, the government force them to hire the local community graduate & student first, except none is available in that community or country b4 they hire outside. Example in singapore and other Asian countries that's what is obtainable.
Re: Militants Bomb Ogbembiri Agip Gas Pipeline by toseman(m): 5:09pm On May 18, 2016
Seeeeeeee:
Am trying to tell you since the headquaters are in lagos and controlled by yorubas its hard to get the job here, what happens is they employ there and send them here.. I do'nt mean menial jobs that they through to the host community, i mean to get employment as a Petroleum Engineer.

I don't think you know the way things work in Lagos,
I don't think you understand how corporate culture works....most co tract carried out by shell,chevron,Mobil,total,saipem,agip or any other one are being given to a Niger Delta...go and Mk your research on this...local content participation is there ....

why did shell vacant warri,its cause of the people...why haven't shell,chevron left Lagos all this while,its cause the place is safe....if it wasn't safe enough believe me hennn,DM go dn pack comot tey tey...
in essence,the Niger Delta na DM cause d probes upon dmselves abeg,,,,though govt also contributed
Re: Militants Bomb Ogbembiri Agip Gas Pipeline by toneawe(m): 5:10pm On May 18, 2016
Abagworo:

You nailed it. I happen to be born in Delta state but from osun state. You just said the truth. I know a lot of youth in Delta here that used their community power to get up to three slots, they always sell it out with huge amount to who is ready to work. and they go rent a self-contained and furnish it. lavish the moni and start causing problem again. Even their so-called chiefs also receiev huge amount of moni from oil firms and do kill and divide among themselves. So no Niger-deltan should open his or her dirty mouth to talk nonse here. Na una dey use una own hand tro away good tins.I graduated from delsu with a 2¹. No official job but I'm still surviving. I ready physics with electronics. abi u get first class? Lazy people
Re: Militants Bomb Ogbembiri Agip Gas Pipeline by toneawe(m): 5:12pm On May 18, 2016
Thats a complete lie. Niger Deltans get all the jobs but resell them to other Nigerians willing to work. They prefer selling to Yoruba than Igbo but Igbos offer better amount and conditions. The problem of Niger Delta (especially pure Ijaw found in Delta and Bayelsa) is that belief of reaping without sweat. [/quote]
You nailed it. I happen to be born in Delta state but from osun state. You just said the truth. I know a lot of youth in Delta here that used their community power to get up to three slots, they always sell it out with huge amount to who is ready to work. and they go rent a self-contained and love-vendor it, lavish the moni and start causing problem again. Even their so-called chiefs also receiev huge amount of moni from oil firms and do kill and divide among themselves. So no Niger-deltan should open his or her dirty mouth to talk nonse here. Na una dey use una own hand tro away good tins.I graduated from delsu with a 2¹. No official job but I'm still serving. I ready physics with electronics. abi u get first class?
Re: Militants Bomb Ogbembiri Agip Gas Pipeline by lereinter(m): 5:21pm On May 18, 2016
You hate buhari and u bombing pipeline

Putting multitude into hardship

Common sense is not common
Re: Militants Bomb Ogbembiri Agip Gas Pipeline by harveyspec: 5:49pm On May 18, 2016
Seeeeeeee:

can you tell me how your uncle Jona addresed these issues while in office
Re: Militants Bomb Ogbembiri Agip Gas Pipeline by kelechi17(m): 7:59pm On May 18, 2016
all these yorobbers tryin to play I care or trying to make us Niger deltans look bad by oil spill and all shit stuff ...sharraaap we are wiser now u and ur Hausa cohorts want to continue to exploit us inside our homes.. avengers increase d bombing to 4 a day afrt all hw else can hell b and if d military invade my home I wld bloody sign up for d struggle
Re: Militants Bomb Ogbembiri Agip Gas Pipeline by Beadex1(m): 12:35am On May 19, 2016
MeAboki:

I am sorry, as these attacks on oil facilities continue to impact negatively on the lives of majority of Nigerians so will it backfire on your course, because ppl will start losing sympathy to your plight and increasingly begin to see themselves instead as the victims of your militancy.
You also have to bear the consequences of polluting your own land which itself is quite counter productive.
Part of the problem lies your mindset of easy money and its our oyel mentality where a few are exploiting the majority.
For example, majority of these so called militants are not motivated by ideology but only personal gain; they hold the oil companies and govt. to ransom for protection money and if they fail to pay they blow up the pipelines; they also blow the pipelines in order to bid and secure contract for repair of the damage.
Unfortunately, these monies when paid goes into the few pockets of these criminals while the entire community remains impoverished; hardly anything is reinvested back to the community but go instead to sponsor luxurious houses in Abuja, Dubai or schools in Togo etc.
Your governor was recently moved to come out publicly and lament about your lazy mindset where young men prefer to sell off their employment slots secured for them with multinationals to Igbo boys instead, for mere pittance rather than take up such positions themselves.
You are an Engr. still without a job even though you know the companies are still recruiting but only through their HQs in Lagos, and you still sit there in ND waiting and complaining for the job to come you; so whats stopping you from also going to Lagos for interview like others do - this is the kind of mindset we are talking about i.e. waiting for things to happen rather than making them happen.
Remain there dey sip ogogoro under mango tree while others are hustling to make their lives better.
[b]
MeAboki:

I am sorry, as these attacks on oil facilities continue to impact negatively on the lives of majority of Nigerians so will it backfire on your course, because ppl will start losing sympathy to your plight and increasingly begin to see themselves instead as the victims of your militancy.
For example, majority of these so called militants are not motivated by ideology but only personal gain; they hold the oil companies and govt. to ransom for protection money and if they fail to pay they blow up the pipelines; they also blow the pipelines in order to bid and secure contract for repair of the damage.
Unfortunately, these monies when paid goes into the few pockets of these criminals while the entire community remains impoverished; hardly anything is reinvested back to the community but go instead to sponsor luxurious houses in Abuja, Dubai or schools in Togo etc.
[/b]
MeAboki:

Honestly we should pay for fights and other logistic to be in an interview that should Be held in our region or localty. Have u for once reason de implication of feeding other people without having enogh to eat.
Re: Militants Bomb Ogbembiri Agip Gas Pipeline by Billygee2u: 1:33am On May 19, 2016
Seeeeeeee:
Re: Militants Bomb Ogbembiri Agip Gas Pipeline by richeso: 1:35am On May 19, 2016
[size=20pt]all this are big lies, lies lies lies.. show us a real picture of the place as its used to be. dont give us some old bleeped pics.
you cock up fakes stories to tell people. many of this bullshit event did not take place.

all this lies are to scare away investors from building refineries in Niger Delta which could possibly bring about jobs and productivity in the area.

they want all to be in North and Lagos.

ND'ers open your eye oo.. this is politics.

[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Femi Fani-Kayode & Precious Chikwendu Dedicate Son, Aragorn At COZA Church,Abuja / Presidency Shops For New Inspector-General Of Police To Replace Ibrahim Idris / Sokoto: Gang Up Against Tambuwal’s Plot To Return Through ‘back Door’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.