Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,538 members, 7,812,667 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:14 PM

Strike Action: Lagos State Vows To Apply Rule Of Law - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Strike Action: Lagos State Vows To Apply Rule Of Law (20626 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Vows To Shutdown Ebonyi State For Three Days / Kaduna State Vows To Join Biafra If Nigeria Breaks Up – Danfulani / Labor To Review Strike Action Next Week -NLC President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Strike Action: Lagos State Vows To Apply Rule Of Law by fleps(m): 10:28pm On May 17, 2016
The Lagos State Government has said it would uphold the Rule of Law to ensure Lagosians go about their normal businesses in any part of the State without fear or molestation.

This comes against the background of a strike threat issued by a faction of the Nigerian Labour Congress (NLC), protesting the new pump price of petroleum.

In a statement signed on Tuesday 17th May, 2016 by the Honourable Attorney-General/ Commissioner for Justice, Mr. Adeniji Kazeem, the Government gave a stern warning against purported threats from certain quarters to disturb Public Peace by forcing workers to stay at home against their wish and the law.

The release stated that following the ruling on Tuesday of the National Industrial Court on Tuesday in Abuja barring the NLC from proceeding with the strike action, it has become unlawful for any person or group to either disrupt free movement of people and vehicles or prevent normal business activities

The State Government assures Lagosians that adequate security measures have been put in place to ensure the safety of lives and property.

The Government said the Commissioner of Police and other Heads of Security Agencies have been directed to maintain law and order in accordance with the Rule of Law.

The Government reiterates that it is committed to the protection of lives and property and the welfare of the people and therefore calls on all citizens to go about their normal businesses and report any threat or act of intimidation to the appropriate authorities.

The State Government also appeals to parents to warn their children and wards, particularly the vulnerable ones, not to allow themselves to be used or manipulated.

http://akinwunmiambode.com/strike-action-lagos-vows-to-apply-rule-of-law/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strike Action: Lagos State Vows To Apply Rule Of Law by pendusky(m): 10:34pm On May 17, 2016
Can someone tell Ambode that this will fire back

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Strike Action: Lagos State Vows To Apply Rule Of Law by mayorrolex(m): 10:36pm On May 17, 2016
the same lagos state govt that played host to occupynaija protest is now kicking against the season 2 of fuel subsidy strike/protest...

84 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Strike Action: Lagos State Vows To Apply Rule Of Law by omokab: 10:45pm On May 17, 2016
Ki eku ile kogbo kosofun toko. Waba or what is that your name. Don't ever try to stage protest in Lagos, Ogun,ibadan or any part of south west. You can stage your protest in onitsha, aba,enugu or rivers state where you are mostly needed. If you try it in ojota or oshodi or ibadan, well I trust my boys they will deal with you ruthlessly. Iko kan ni omo owo nyo. That is,is one by one all of you will disappear from that protest.

44 Likes

Re: Strike Action: Lagos State Vows To Apply Rule Of Law by Horus(m): 10:47pm On May 17, 2016
Obey The Law

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strike Action: Lagos State Vows To Apply Rule Of Law by phlemzy: 10:49pm On May 17, 2016
The strike won't obviously work again.

9 Likes

Re: Strike Action: Lagos State Vows To Apply Rule Of Law by redsconsult(m): 10:56pm On May 17, 2016
I concour

2 Likes

Re: Strike Action: Lagos State Vows To Apply Rule Of Law by nedu2000(m): 11:09pm On May 17, 2016
fleps:

http://akinwunmiambode.com/strike-action-lagos-vows-to-apply-rule-of-law/
how much did Ambode use to do this website and why should his personalise website be used to convey info?

3 Likes

Re: Strike Action: Lagos State Vows To Apply Rule Of Law by ki02020(m): 11:18pm On May 17, 2016
pendusky:
Can someone tell Ambode that this will fire back

Must everybody agree with the ideas of NLC

Afterall not everybody agrees with the ideas of the present goverment

I see no reason why NLC should forcefully try to stop people from going about their business

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strike Action: Lagos State Vows To Apply Rule Of Law by moshmusth(m): 11:36pm On May 17, 2016
Anuofia.. I just can't imagine the high level of hypocrisy of Apc they sponsored occupynaija 2012 even at the detriment of ignoring the same industrial court in 2012 no pdp state govt compelled anyone to go about their work against NLC proposed strike then.

Now why is Ambode indirectly threatening the NLC, it shows they can't accept what they do to others

'Do unto others what u can do to yourself' my fellow xtian bro n sis should add the verse

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Strike Action: Lagos State Vows To Apply Rule Of Law by Emmalex83: 11:55pm On May 17, 2016
oga governor there is no going the strike n protest must hold. so u ppl know rule of law and govt is not obeying courts order

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strike Action: Lagos State Vows To Apply Rule Of Law by CertifiedFreak(m): 1:05am On May 18, 2016
Lagos state really needs to define the "RULE OF LAW."

8 Likes

Re: Strike Action: Lagos State Vows To Apply Rule Of Law by Horus(m): 1:39am On May 18, 2016
CertifiedFreak:
Lagos state really needs to define the "RULE OF LAW."

Rule of law

The rule of law is the legal principle that law should govern a nation, as opposed to being governed by arbitrary decisions of individual government officials.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Strike Action: Lagos State Vows To Apply Rule Of Law by rhemmiedream(m): 2:07am On May 18, 2016
Good one !...The pacemaker of the heart of Nigeria has read out the riot act to anyone planning public disturbances in Lagos . If anyone wishes to occupy anywhere , let them occupy Onitsha , Awka , Enugu or other opposition strongholds too nah.
Since you people also didn't deem it fit to be on the side of the masses by refusing to participate in the 2012 protests, we will also gladly leave you all to dance alone this time around .
LETS KEEP RECYCLING KARMA !!! Lol

18 Likes

Re: Strike Action: Lagos State Vows To Apply Rule Of Law by Nobody: 4:42am On May 18, 2016
this is simply a case of double standard. what is sauce for the goose,should be sauce for the gander..
Re: Strike Action: Lagos State Vows To Apply Rule Of Law by OlujobaSamuel: 5:49am On May 18, 2016
I think the difference between then and now is that, it was an Abuja decision then and not that of pdp, but this seems to be an Apc decision and not just Abuja. See the way they've been defending this policy with legal but illegitimate moves.
This chess game is interesting, pdp is not just up to the task, this is an opportunity to showcase their prowess, but they lack that thinking.
If you're going on any strike in a state where your governor never pay, na pity I pity u, even where the governor dey pay but wey be apc state, na story that touch e fit turn to, I will just advise you get up early, move closer to your workplace, study the tempo, if work is safe, just register yourself, nlc goons no dey fight when dem sack una ooo.

4 Likes

Re: Strike Action: Lagos State Vows To Apply Rule Of Law by phemmie06(m): 5:52am On May 18, 2016
Do we still have a listening government

1 Like

Re: Strike Action: Lagos State Vows To Apply Rule Of Law by phemmie06(m): 6:01am On May 18, 2016
moshmusth:
Anuofia.. I just can't imagine the high level of hypocrisy of Apc they sponsored occupynaija 2012 even at the detriment of ignoring the same industrial court in 2012 no pdp state govt compelled anyone to go about their work against NLC proposed strike then.

Now why is Ambode indirectly threatening the NLC, it shows they can't accept what they do to others

'Do unto others what u can do to yourself' my fellow xtian bro n sis should add the verse
Matthew 7 vs 12
Re: Strike Action: Lagos State Vows To Apply Rule Of Law by Jazzlite: 6:35am On May 18, 2016
Horus:

Rule of law

The rule of law is the legal principle that law should govern a nation, as opposed to being governed by arbitrary decisions of individual government officials.
who asked you are you LASG?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strike Action: Lagos State Vows To Apply Rule Of Law by Mintek: 7:02am On May 18, 2016
omokab:
Ki eku ile kogbo kosofun toko. Waba or what is that your name. Don't ever try to stage protest in Lagos, Ogun,ibadan or any part of south west. You can stage your protest in onitsha, aba,enugu or rivers state where you are mostly needed. If you try it in ojota or oshodi or ibadan, well I trust my boys they will deal with you ruthlessly. Iko kan ni omo owo nyo. That is,is one by one all of you will disappear from that protest.

You're on your own. I'm FULLY behind the Wabba-led NLC.

Eyin alai.nitiju lasan. Don't turn the SW into a zombified region.

Shioor!!!

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Strike Action: Lagos State Vows To Apply Rule Of Law by omokab: 7:26am On May 18, 2016
Mintek:

You're on your own. I'm FULLY behind the Wabba-led NLC.

Eyin alai.nitiju lasan. Don't turn the SW into a zombified region.

Shioor!!!
**** We are behind our leaders andwe are fully in support of deregulation. I am a civil servant and I know what is good me,good for my region and good for the country. Oponu ayi fun rada. Don't bother to quote me bcs I will not even reply yours. If not because of nonsense you said I will not reply you like this.

10 Likes

Re: Strike Action: Lagos State Vows To Apply Rule Of Law by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:28am On May 18, 2016
The act of threatening workers is irresponsible and unfortunate

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Strike Action: Lagos State Vows To Apply Rule Of Law by joseph1832(m): 7:32am On May 18, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
The act of threatening workers is irresponsible and unfortunate
You should know threat comes in different forms. At least Lagos state is not threatening the lives of workers, are they?

5 Likes

Re: Strike Action: Lagos State Vows To Apply Rule Of Law by optional1(f): 7:36am On May 18, 2016
Following
Re: Strike Action: Lagos State Vows To Apply Rule Of Law by jdstunt(m): 7:45am On May 18, 2016
Noted
Re: Strike Action: Lagos State Vows To Apply Rule Of Law by Omotayor123(f): 8:07am On May 18, 2016
As Expected.. Only in Nigeria!!

Those who love themselves should pls. Sleep on their bed if they have nowhere to go and let NLC do their thing.

1 Like

Re: Strike Action: Lagos State Vows To Apply Rule Of Law by Olukokosir(m): 8:08am On May 18, 2016
Mtchewsss
Re: Strike Action: Lagos State Vows To Apply Rule Of Law by repogirl(f): 8:08am On May 18, 2016
Worefa jare! Strike must hold!

Sai NLC

2 Likes

Re: Strike Action: Lagos State Vows To Apply Rule Of Law by olatade(m): 8:09am On May 18, 2016
I have said it before that nobody should be deceived by the khaki-wearing pretentious felons. The kind of money they earn is not what they will ever earn as workers. The lot believe any opportunity for a strike action legitimises their stupendous wages. When they are shouting about a minimum wage, it is an opportunity for another egunje on top of the fat take-home, it is not the interest of the worker o.

2 Likes

Re: Strike Action: Lagos State Vows To Apply Rule Of Law by RichDad1(m): 8:09am On May 18, 2016
Who cares about strike?
How strike don epp?

NLC are on their own.
Lubbish and ingredients

2 Likes

Re: Strike Action: Lagos State Vows To Apply Rule Of Law by psychologist(m): 8:10am On May 18, 2016
Nigeria is doomed

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strike Action: Lagos State Vows To Apply Rule Of Law by ORACLE1975(m): 8:11am On May 18, 2016
I still dey my bed for now

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Amigo Supermarket Owners Sues FG For N50bn For Unlawful Detention / Festus Odimegwu Resigns (Chairman Of National Population Commission) / Presidency Reacts To Report On Buhari Avoiding Aso-rock Office(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.